Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:16 AM

US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? (24676 Views)

Naira Exchanges At Record-low, N510 A Dollar / Naira Exchanges For 414 A Dollar / 1 Bitcoin Now Exchanges For $385, You Can Now Earn Bit Coins For Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? by estyvino(m): 8:41am On Jul 14, 2015
texazzpete:
See TANoids coming here to complain... As if it's not the policies of the lame duck CBN Governor GEJ appointed that is causing this issue

For ur sake! Condom should be made free

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? by ndividual: 8:41am On Jul 14, 2015
So the question is, for someone who has savings in the bank, isn't now the time to convert to dollars until this thing stabilizes?

1 Like

Re: US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? by Olufemiolaolu(m): 8:44am On Jul 14, 2015
korel9:
The Dullard is busy sipping kunu with his fellow cows in Daura undecided

The slow poke deceived his likes (not me) with the campaign of turning one dollar to one naira but instead this is what they get angry

Instead he's busy claiming glories of the past regime

#smh

NOTE: Only a cow from Daura will quote me negatively grin
Small boy mentality. U dey abusw ur grandfather mate.
Re: US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? by Vado(m): 8:50am On Jul 14, 2015
biafranqueen:
My Dear people on the ground in business are already wading knee deep in his bull sh@t

You are right. We can only hope things turn around and get better. This govt should put together an economic team already sef.

1 Like

Re: US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? by Frankiss44(m): 8:52am On Jul 14, 2015
omogin:
He will discuss this extensively with Obama, no shakings. By the time he's back $1=#1.
If not that GEJ pampered corruption, Nigeria deserves better than these 'try your luck' APC has brought on the nation.

FAINTS cheesy grin cheesy
Re: US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? by Chigold101(m): 8:57am On Jul 14, 2015
StOla:
That's the healthy economy Okonjo Iweala handed over.

You never see anything. The fresh air is still blowing.
keep crying... dont get to work...
Re: US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? by feedburner(m): 9:00am On Jul 14, 2015
stop trading blames and accept that the zoological republic is a failed state.
why is dat if u ask people to comment on Nigeria (abominable zoo) issue then end it with this phrase

'....but in Nigeria, the reverse is the case.'?

A failed state.
Re: US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? by Nobody: 9:06am On Jul 14, 2015
Leave Buhari out if it, not his fault. Nigeria is far too dependent on oil, and oil prices are on a steady decline.
Re: US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? by Nobody: 9:07am On Jul 14, 2015
feedburner:
stop trading blames and accept that the zoological republic is a failed state.
why is dat if u ask people to comment on Nigeria (abominable zoo) issue then end it with this phrase

'....but in Nigeria, the reverse is the case.'?

A failed state.

Nnamdi Kanu, how is the weather in London ?
Re: US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? by feedburner(m): 9:09am On Jul 14, 2015
nwaenugu:

Nnamdi Kanu, how is the weather in London ?

snowing grin
Re: US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? by PAINGAIN: 9:10am On Jul 14, 2015
People keep saying nigeria does not export but we keep forgetting that to export u have to produce/manufacture first. What has any govt done to support aba traders dat manufacture aba made goods? Has d govt made it compulsory that every state government should have atleast 60/70% of innoson made cars at all times? What about nnewi auto parts? I believe that igbos hold d key to our economy and every govt should encourage/support them bcus only d igbos can make nigeria to compete with china when it comes to exports. Since we have neglected all d natural resources in our land I think this is d way to go.
Re: US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? by RapLawd(m): 9:18am On Jul 14, 2015
worksmart:
[b]OP asks where is Buhari.

[size=14pt]The president was secretly overthrown 30th May 2015 on orders of America so that their stooge Osinbajo could be installed at a time of their choosing.

This why he doesn't appear at live public events that could be verified by ordinary Nigerians , e.g. his non appearance to inaugurate his own NAss.

His non appearance in any press conference.

His non appearance at Armed Forces day ceremony.

The absence of a single video clip showing the president being asked a single question.

The apparent disappearance of his transition committee and his staunchest loyalists including his wife. Whilst people like Osinbajo, Atiku, El Rufai , Oshiomole, Shettima, Saraki and Dogara become more prominent and influential .

All images you see of the president Buhari since his inauguration were photographed between 30th March 2015 and 31st May 2015, that includes his trips to G7 and AU summits (he attended preliminary gatherings of those summits in May 2015, there are youtube videos that prove the president was absent from live sessions of AU summit in June 2015, when other leaders were meeting)

[/size]
Stop expecting change and start expecting a bloodbath.[/b]

Oga, why do you always mention me please

Modifiermodified:

Soryy, Na now I understands...

Erm...

If he like, make whatever that follow take place ASAP,

Nigeria is a failed nation that was built on injustice...

Ever wondered why every administration or any president Nigeria ever had is always struggling to keep Nigeria one?

It's because it has never been, not is and will never be one... the high time we understand and accepts our differences the better for us all as we will part ways in a friendly manner...

Nigeria has expired!!
Re: US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? by GreatHorizon: 9:29am On Jul 14, 2015
Vado:

Online transactions still goes at the rate of 198. The situation is not absolutely a disaster just yet, but we are not far from being in deeper sh*t nonetheless.

Story! Which bank card charges that?
Re: US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? by peeparty(m): 9:38am On Jul 14, 2015
worksmart:
[b]OP asks where is Buhari.

[size=14pt]The president was secretly overthrown 30th May 2015 on orders of America so that their stooge Osinbajo could be installed at a time of their choosing.

This why he doesn't appear at live public events that could be verified by ordinary Nigerians , e.g. his non appearance to inaugurate his own NAss.

His non appearance in any press conference.

His non appearance at Armed Forces day ceremony.

The absence of a single video clip showing the president being asked a single question.

The apparent disappearance of his transition committee and his staunchest loyalists including his wife. Whilst people like Osinbajo, Atiku, El Rufai , Oshiomole, Shettima, Saraki and Dogara become more prominent and influential .

All images you see of the president Buhari since his inauguration were photographed between 30th March 2015 and 31st May 2015, that includes his trips to G7 and AU summits (he attended preliminary gatherings of those summits in May 2015, there are youtube videos that prove the president was absent from live sessions of AU summit in June 2015, when other leaders were meeting)

[/size]
Stop expecting change and start expecting a bloodbath.[/b]

my brother this one chance wey we enter nobi here oo
Re: US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? by EmekaBlue(m): 9:38am On Jul 14, 2015
what do u xpect frm an illeterate heading a whole country this challenging current times...Very soon he wil appoint dullardos frm north then destroy the naira finally
Re: US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? by Nobody: 9:40am On Jul 14, 2015
nwaenugu:
Leave Buhari out if it, not his fault. Nigeria is far too dependent on oil, and oil prices are on a steady decline.

Even further, with Iran nuclear deal about to be sealed, millions of barrels held down by Iran would flood the market. Not sure if APC is aware of the impending oil glut
Re: US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? by tirith(m): 9:44am On Jul 14, 2015
Things just keep getting worse
Re: US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? by Safari29: 9:46am On Jul 14, 2015
Pls If I Buy Smt Online In Dolar How Much Will I Be Charged To A Dolar In Naira
Re: US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? by amanze15(m): 9:55am On Jul 14, 2015
Xetima:
Buhari and APC are applying "Try Your Luck" economy. No Finance Minister, economic team, everything is left to CBN. By the time he wakes up from this slumber, $1 would have reached N500.

I hope Nigerians wont be using wheel-barrow to transport cash as it is done in Zimbabwe before 2019.
and u are sudanese abi?! grin
Re: US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? by Krasid(m): 10:16am On Jul 14, 2015
dyabman:
What should buhari about this now ? angry
He should do something.He is the President.
Re: US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? by dagr8(m): 10:30am On Jul 14, 2015
Take note of the emboldened part in the article below.It is different from official price
urshawmoore:
As at 7am this morning(july 14,2015), N1 was $ is N198. Check www.xe.com
The naira hit another record low of 241 against the dollar at the parallel market on Monday as the Central Bank of Nigeria’s restrictions on foreign exchange sale fuelled unofficial trade in dollars, Reuters reported.

The ban on importers from accessing the Nigerian foreign exchange markets for the importation of 41 items had led to the volatility of the naira-dollar exchange rate at the black market.

Since June 23 when the new forex rule became operational, the naira has fallen by 10.5 per cent from 218 to 241 against the greenback.

Foreign exchange dealers said the artificial scarcity of the United States currency still pervaded the market.

The new forex rule had led to huge demand at the parallel market, causing dealers to hoard the dollar in anticipation of further fall in the naira

Economic analysts had said the CBN needed to devalue the naira to allow the local currency achieve an equilibrium price against the dollar.

The central bank had however said it would not be focusing on the thinly-traded parallel market when determining the exchange rate, adding that people preferred to use the unofficial market for undocumented transactions.

Foreign investors had been on the sideline, waiting for the CBN to devalue the naira before investing in naira-denominated assets.

Local and foreign analysts had predicted that the naira might hit 250 against the dollar at the parallel market any time soon if the artificial scarcity trend continued.

The central bank appears to be in a fix as the spread between the official and parallel market continues to widen by the day.

Meanwhile, stocks fell to a more than three-month low and the naira on Monday, Reuters reported.

The local bourse, which has the second-biggest weighting after Kuwait on the MSCI frontier market index, dropped for the ninth consecutive day as investors shed banking, consumer and oil shares.
Re: US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? by Nobody: 10:31am On Jul 14, 2015
StOla:
That's the healthy economy Okonjo Iweala handed over.

You never see anything. The fresh air is still blowing.

How much was a Naira to a Dollar when NOI handed over? Was it N241?

Stop being silly
Re: US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? by kraftykc(m): 10:39am On Jul 14, 2015
betty202020:
bihari how far na? APC, una still dey awake? yeye people.

Bros, in February due to the oil slump and constant mismanagement the naira was forecasted to end at 267 against the dollar. After every bit of magic, even if oil goes back to 150 dollars per barrel next month, naira go still fall more.

Thank GEJ, this is his legacy.
Re: US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? by Vado(m): 10:42am On Jul 14, 2015
GreatHorizon:

Story! Which bank card charges that?

Direct charges via PayPal.
Re: US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? by applord: 10:48am On Jul 14, 2015
texazzpete:
[s]See TANoids coming here to complain... As if it's not the policies of the lame duck CBN Governor GEJ appointed that is causing this issue [/s]

With this level of reasoning, you must be one of the presidential cows that belong to the duaara dullard

3 Likes

Re: US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? by worksmart(m): 10:57am On Jul 14, 2015
Nigeria is only failing because the neo-colonialist imperialists countries like America is constantly destabilizing Nigeria by removing all competent leaders that ever emerged.
RapLawd:

Oga, why do you always mention me please

Modifiermodified:

Soryy, Na now I understands...

Erm...

If he like, make whatever that follow take place ASAP,

Nigeria is a failed nation that was built on injustice...

Ever wondered why every administration or any president Nigeria ever had is always struggling to keep Nigeria one?

It's because it has never been, not is and will never be one... the high time we understand and accepts our differences the better for us all as we will part ways in a friendly manner...

Nigeria has expired!!
Re: US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? by talkwithlola: 10:59am On Jul 14, 2015
All I do daily is post ads, send emails and make a FULL TIME income from home. If you're looking for something that pays VERY well...

Check out my link below to get signed up now!!

Check it out here:

[http:///1NY3dqO]
Re: US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? by OlusoGreat(m): 11:03am On Jul 14, 2015
I love Nigerians .. They never disappoint me
Always in a haste
Which goat accelerates without first moving back?
Which gold glisters without going through hell fire?

Its our own time to endure ....
Please be patient
Re: US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? by Tex42(m): 11:07am On Jul 14, 2015
omogin:
He will discuss this extensively with Obama, no shakings. By the time he's back $1=#1.
If not that GEJ pampered corruption, Nigeria deserves better than these 'try your luck' APC has brought on the nation.
Kai! Nigerians get bad mouth o!
Re: US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? by Nobody: 11:10am On Jul 14, 2015
Good morning everyone am happy to share my
win with u all today ..we did it again, we
won again and a big congratulations to my
subscriber who stick to me and bought my
games from me am happy with you all that made
it. We will keep winning and celebrating. Interested persons for my next fixed matches should Call or contact me on What'sApp 08060745109

Re: US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? by Sagamite(m): 11:13am On Jul 14, 2015
[size=18pt]FRESH AIR!!![/size]]

GEJ till 2059!

We want a cretin in Aso Rock.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari? by Tex42(m): 11:18am On Jul 14, 2015
Hmmm! A $ =N241?! I think we should just go back to using cawries as a legal tender. Eheeh! What of trade by barter?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Femi Otedola, DJ Cuppy Meets Access Bank CEO, Hebert Wigwe. Photos / Naira Redesign: Nigerians Will Fill Uncountable Forms To Withdraw Large Amounts / BDC Operators Shut Down Business In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.