Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,011 members, 7,806,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:26 AM

Buhari, Appointment, Igbos And Lower Niger Delta With Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, Appointment, Igbos And Lower Niger Delta With Nigeria (2143 Views)

Murray-Bruce's Reaction To Buhari's Appointment Of Media Aides / Najatu Muhammad Rejects Buhari’s Appointment, Becomes First Person To Do So / Abacha's Daughter, Gumsu Mocks Amaechi On Instagram Over Buhari Appointment Snub (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari, Appointment, Igbos And Lower Niger Delta With Nigeria by tonychristopher: 12:22pm On Jul 14, 2015
Dear friends (especially those with conscience and good sense of fair play and Justice), the President of Nigeria General Buhari wants Deputy Senate President Ike Ekweremadu(the only Igbo man holding any post in Nigeria) to resign before any Igbo man or woman can be appointed into any post in his government. President Buhari has made 18 appointments so far and non to any Igbo man or woman. The "lovers of Nigeria" say it doesn't matter. Well they may be right. From this and other actions, does General Buhari hate Igbos?

I have grown to the stage that I have passed the level of sentimentality and senility, Yes Buhari might be old but age has nothing to do with wisdom otherwise Methulsaleh would have been the wisest but No its Solomon. I think buhari is yet to craw not to talk of wobbling and running...he is too vindictive, senile, docile and slow..Am I to wait, do we waste another four years, do we wait for another slow one?

Yes, Buhari might be the dullard from Daura and I have come to realize that political appointment doesnt make any difference. The whole lot of appointment that Buhari has been making in North, if that will change the North perception to life then okay. I am not a Buhari apologist and I do not have it in my mind that he has the magic wand, but if this will make eastern region better okay. with all these appointments we had what different has it made...

To be honest this country is not what I dream of and I am tired of victimization and vindictism in this administration...but mind you the diplomats where recalled because of their tenure not ineptitude but all in all
I do not see this Buhari as the man with the magic want....85% of his appointment are from North and we know that we are in this mess today as a result of Northern ineptitude.I pray that change manifest. His appointment to me is overheating the polity so they say

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Appointment, Igbos And Lower Niger Delta With Nigeria by HungerBAD: 12:23pm On Jul 14, 2015
The Ibo' s should just shut up,and wait at the end of the line for their turn.

Is the OP serious? Really? Appoint an Ibo man? Why? How?

Politics is like War. The winner gets to keep the spoils of war, and uses his discretion to share the spoils accordingly to those that are LOYAL to him.

The Ibo's should not expect the spoils of a political victory from Buhari.

The Ibo's loyalty is embedded somewhere in the creek of Otueke, they should go there to look for any kind of political relevance.

Does the word Judas sound familiar to the Ibo's? do you guys honestly expect Buhari to empower you guys in anyway, then you can come back to fight him with that same position?

A lot of regions worked for Buhari, but the East was not among, and honestly I am a bit surprised you guys are crying this early.

Buhari became President without the Support of the irrelevant East, in another 4 years the Eastern votes will still be irrelevant as shown by this votes.

bottom line? Nobody cares about the East, as they lost the opportunity again to become relevant by siding with the clueless leader from the creek.

As long as you people keep making wrong choices in life (A) Biafra (B) Voting GEJ (C)insulting the Oba of Lagos.

You guys will not only remain politically irrelevant, but also will be feeding from the crumb/leftover of the entity called Nigeria.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari, Appointment, Igbos And Lower Niger Delta With Nigeria by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jul 14, 2015
Insatiable Nigerians.
Re: Buhari, Appointment, Igbos And Lower Niger Delta With Nigeria by vega84(m): 12:29pm On Jul 14, 2015
True talk, I regret being a Nigerian everyday of my life #vegatalks

7 Likes

Re: Buhari, Appointment, Igbos And Lower Niger Delta With Nigeria by warrior01: 12:32pm On Jul 14, 2015
tonychristopher:
Dear friends (especially those with conscience and good sense of fair play and Justice), the President of Nigeria General Buhari wants Deputy Senate President Ike Ekweremadu(the only Igbo man holding any post in Nigeria) to resign before any Igbo man or woman can be appointed into any post in his government. President Buhari has made 18 appointments so far and non to any Igbo man or woman. The "lovers of Nigeria" say it doesn't matter. Well they may be right. From this and other actions, does General Buhari hate Igbos?

I have grown to the stage that I have passed the level of sentimentality and senility, Yes Buhari might be old but age has nothing to do with wisdom otherwise Methulsaleh would have been the wisest but No its Solomon. I think buhari is yet to craw not to talk of wobbling and running...he is too vindictive, senile, docile and slow..Am I to wait, do we waste another four years, do we wait for another slow one?

Yes, Buhari might be the dullard from Daura and I have come to realize that political appointment doesnt make any difference. The whole lot of appointment that Buhari has been making in North, if that will change the North perception to life then okay. I am not a Buhari apologist and I do not have it in my mind that he has the magic wand, but if this will make eastern region better okay. with all these appointments we had what different has it made...

To be honest this country is not what I dream of and I am tired of victimization and vindictism in this administration...but mind you the diplomats where recalled because of their tenure not ineptitude but all in all
I do not see this Buhari as the man with the magic want....85% of his appointment are from North and we know that we are in this mess today as a result of Northern ineptitude.I pray that change manifest. His appointment to me is overheating the polity so they say

All true lovers of fairness equity and justice are all ashamed of the actions of the president. The Igbos are once again being proven right about his hatred and bigotry towards them. Anyways, whatever rocks his boat

7 Likes

Re: Buhari, Appointment, Igbos And Lower Niger Delta With Nigeria by kazmanbanjoko(m): 12:32pm On Jul 14, 2015
K

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Appointment, Igbos And Lower Niger Delta With Nigeria by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jul 14, 2015
it doesnt matter if he appoints any igbo or not....we dont and will never depend on government.
Biafra is all we ask for!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Appointment, Igbos And Lower Niger Delta With Nigeria by kenny987(f): 12:36pm On Jul 14, 2015
If only people will be honest and stop the winner-takes-all approach. Nigerians are entitled to their political choices and votes but must be equitably represented at all levels no matter the outcome of any elections. There is no justification for vilifying and sidelining a group of people for their collective choices unless it is now a crime in Nigeria. What then is the aim of politics and competitions? Win or lose we all have same rights and responsibilities. Pushing some people down or disregarding them will not bode well for all at the end of the day. Time and chance they say, happens to us all. Make use of urs wisely.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari, Appointment, Igbos And Lower Niger Delta With Nigeria by tonychristopher: 12:36pm On Jul 14, 2015
that is the true and that has been proven again

warrior01:

All true lovers of fairness equity and justice are all ashamed of the actions of the president. The Igbos are once again being proven right about his hatred and bigotry towards them. Anyways, whatever rocks his boat

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Appointment, Igbos And Lower Niger Delta With Nigeria by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 14, 2015
HungerBAD:

Politics is like War. The winner gets to keep the spoils of war, and uses his discretion to share the spoils accordingly to those that are LOYAL to him.

The Ibo's loyalty is embedded somewhere in the creek of Otueke, they should go there to look for any kind of political relevance.

Does the word Judas sound familiar to the Ibo's? do you guys honestly expect Buhari to empower you guys in anyway, then you can come back to fight him with that same position?

A lot of regions worked for Buhari, but the East was not among, and honestly I am a bit surprised you guys are crying this early.

Buhari became President without the Support of the irrelevant East, in another 4 years the Eastern votes will still be irrelevant as shown by this votes.

bottom line? Nobody cares about the East, as they lost the opportunity again to become relevant by siding with the clueless leader from the creek.

As long as you people keep making wrong choices in life (A) Biafra (B) Voting GEJ (C)insulting the Oba of Lagos.

You guys will not only remain politically irrelevant, but also will be feeding from the crumb/leftover of the entity called Nigeria.

Did I hear you mention oba akilu? So you're telling us that the hate speech the moronic oba made was OK? welcome to "ONE NIGERIA" my people.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Appointment, Igbos And Lower Niger Delta With Nigeria by disumusa: 1:31pm On Jul 14, 2015
ekenedegreat:
Did I hear you mention oba akilu? So you're telling us that the hate speech the moronic oba made was OK? welcome to "ONE NIGERIA" my people.
IBO or Igbo need to create more enemies, b/c its very clear to them that Yoruba , Hausa , will not surport their Presidency.
Re: Buhari, Appointment, Igbos And Lower Niger Delta With Nigeria by Pangea: 1:40pm On Jul 14, 2015
HungerBAD:

A carton of Orijin for you
You just wrote my mind!

7 Likes

Re: Buhari, Appointment, Igbos And Lower Niger Delta With Nigeria by mars123(m): 2:08pm On Jul 14, 2015
Ibos don't care about Buhari and i think Buhari is not ready to give a fuc...the uproar about the ekwulobia prisoners transfer was just too revealing.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Appointment, Igbos And Lower Niger Delta With Nigeria by tonychristopher: 2:14pm On Jul 14, 2015
How? can please explain in detail the face off between igbos and buhari..i know igbo do not fear or bow to anybody but is there trully a faceoff?

mars123:
Ibos don't care about Buhari and i think Buhari is not ready to give a fuc...the uproar about the ekwulobia prisoners transfer was just too revealing.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari, Appointment, Igbos And Lower Niger Delta With Nigeria by maestroferddi: 2:15pm On Jul 14, 2015
HungerBAD:

Aren't you showing clearly that your patrimony was wasted in sending you to school?

Or else what should one deduce from the crap you spewed above?
A cocktail of senselessness devoid of critical reasoning which would make even a four-year-old cringe with embarrassment.

Please get some help...

5 Likes

Re: Buhari, Appointment, Igbos And Lower Niger Delta With Nigeria by mars123(m): 2:17pm On Jul 14, 2015
Igbos in general never liked Buhari...the uproar about the ekwulobia prisoners transfer was just too revealing.

I remember reading a full page article by an Igbo chief on vanguard before the election, he was advising igbos not to put all their eggs in one basket. like the strong-headed people they are,they totally ignored him.

I do think that Buhari, for the sake of good leadership, should work with the all ethnic groups in the country. whether they voted him or not.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Appointment, Igbos And Lower Niger Delta With Nigeria by mars123(m): 2:33pm On Jul 14, 2015
tonychristopher:
How? can please explain in detail the face off between igbos and buhari..[/b]i know igbo do not fear or bow to anybody[b] but is there trully a faceoff?

you see the problem right there, its the attitude.j ust know that no ethnic group can stand alone...support is needed.
Re: Buhari, Appointment, Igbos And Lower Niger Delta With Nigeria by klevjey: 2:50pm On Jul 14, 2015
HungerBAD:

oba of lagoon u mean?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari, Appointment, Igbos And Lower Niger Delta With Nigeria by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jul 14, 2015
disumusa:
IBO or Igbo need to create more enemies, b/c its very clear to them that Yoruba , Hausa , will not surport their Presidency.
Satan, go behind me!! The will of God is what matters.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Appointment, Igbos And Lower Niger Delta With Nigeria by Belmot(m): 3:25pm On Jul 14, 2015
vega84:
True talk, I regret being a Nigerian everyday of my life #vegatalks
You can actually renounce your citizenship and become stateless.... Fair enough?
Re: Buhari, Appointment, Igbos And Lower Niger Delta With Nigeria by Stolen: 3:34pm On Jul 14, 2015
Buhari is just a waste of space. daura dulllard.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Appointment, Igbos And Lower Niger Delta With Nigeria by fineguy11(m): 3:49pm On Jul 14, 2015
HungerBAD:

your comment is dumb...each region shld get his/share of appointment in this administration irrespective of the candidate they voted for....ignoring a particular region either due to their sentiments/political perception wont help Nigeria in the long run....
Re: Buhari, Appointment, Igbos And Lower Niger Delta With Nigeria by StOla: 4:32pm On Jul 14, 2015
Is it the business of APC to have an APC man as Deputy Senate President or is it to have an Igbo man as Deputy Senate President?

Why should APC be handing its prestigious leadership positions to the same party that was duly defeated, or to the same tribe that vehemently rejected APC candidates?

Why should APC be pleasing Igbos with a party position?

APC will do what is good for its APC members in the senate. Let PDP do same for those who are its members.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Appointment, Igbos And Lower Niger Delta With Nigeria by tonychristopher: 4:48pm On Jul 14, 2015
mars123:
you see the problem right there, its the attitude.j ust know that no ethnic group can stand alone...support is needed.

said well but what of a case where a section is sidelined and the section sad enough is enough
Re: Buhari, Appointment, Igbos And Lower Niger Delta With Nigeria by darelar(m): 5:01pm On Jul 14, 2015
Can anyone remember me the office or appointment giving to Yorubas in the last administration? We should all forget who the president appoint from any region. What we need is people's that are capable of doing the work they're appointed for and ee can start criticising them if dey fail to deliver. Even if your town man is appointed, it's not guarantee that he will favour your town.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Appointment, Igbos And Lower Niger Delta With Nigeria by Haywhymido(m): 5:18pm On Jul 14, 2015
And how many yorubas were giving political post during d last tenure, d only one dat was given was sack later. karma is a b*tch. we never cry because of dat during ur time, time for u to wait it out too. Gud day

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Appointment, Igbos And Lower Niger Delta With Nigeria by Mcowubaba: 6:16pm On Jul 14, 2015
Same old sh!t, just a different day undecided...
M tired of all dis bullsh!t talks..
During GEJ's adminstration, Igbos had deputy senate president, dept speaker, Secretery to the Federal Govt, minister of Aviation, finance, CBN-governor, special advisers, Head of various agencies, even at a time Chief of Army Staff.....
NOW...hw did all dis benefit the Igbos
Was there any significant betterment of life for the Igbos
Or is it just the feeling/pschological happiness nd satisfication that 'atleast na my brother/sister(tribe person) dey dia'
Even coming Home, Igbos have Thiefs like T.A orji nd co..
Hw did the hold all dis dia people accountable (including their Senators nd rep members)
The earlier Igbo realise that most of their problems are within themselves the better for them!!!
As i usually say..REGIONAL APPOINTMENTS DO NOT GUARANTEE REGIONAL DEVELOPMENTS!!!
Peace....

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari, Appointment, Igbos And Lower Niger Delta With Nigeria by HungerBAD: 6:39pm On Jul 14, 2015
Mcowubaba:
During GEJ's adminstration, Igbos had deputy senate president, dept speaker, Secretery to the Federal Govt, minister of Aviation, finance, CBN-governor, special advisers, Head of various agencies, even at a time Chief of Army Staff.....
Or is it just the feeling/pschological happiness nd satisfication that 'atleast na my brother/sister(tribe person) dey dia'
Hw did the hold all dis dia people accountable (including their Senators nd rep members)
The earlier Igbo realise that most of their problems are within themselves the better for them!!!
As i usual say..REGIONAL APPOINTMENTS DO NOT GUARANTEE REGIONAL DEVELOPMENTS!!!
Peace....

Your mama born you for private hospital, no be all those hypocrites wey dem born for General Hospitals.

look at the positions they once held and they never bettered any ibo man life, well said Sir.
Re: Buhari, Appointment, Igbos And Lower Niger Delta With Nigeria by disumusa: 7:39pm On Jul 14, 2015
GeneralBanks:
it doesnt matter if he appoints any igbo or not....we dont and will never depend on government.
Biafra is all we ask for!
God will punish pretendanc.
Re: Buhari, Appointment, Igbos And Lower Niger Delta With Nigeria by amokeme(f): 7:58pm On Jul 14, 2015
Mcowubaba:
The earlier Igbo realise that most of[/b] [b]their problems are within themselves the better for them!!!
As i usual say..REGIONAL APPOINTMENTS DO NOT GUARANTEE REGIONAL DEVELOPMENTS!!!
Peace....
you said it all!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Spot The Difference Between GEJ And Pmb's Visit To The USA / CG Of Customs: Buhari Shops For Inde Dikko’s Replacement / IMPORTANT! Federal Government's TSA Account Already Affecting Operations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.