Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,391 members, 7,781,120 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:22 AM

20k Landed Into My Account From Unknown Person - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 20k Landed Into My Account From Unknown Person (1538 Views)

Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB / Everything In My Account: Hilarious Bank Teller / Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

20k Landed Into My Account From Unknown Person by slamstan(m): 3:52pm On Jul 14, 2015
Hello peeps, don't know where to post this but i believe i will get answers to this issue.
I got a call from gtbank, gconnect customer center yesterday, and i was told 20k was deposited into my account by mistake. Now they ask me to help them transfer back the money to the sender and they also gave me the account number of the sender.

I was actually on drugs cos of catarrh and a slight fever, so i told the caller i would go get the cash today and refund it. And he ask me to give him my word, i said no problem, i will do just that.

Now i am feeling much better and i checked my email to see the alert so i could do what i promised to. The moment i saw the 20k i have been having double mind.....
Its a good thing if i refund the cash, that i know, but please house, what would be the implications if i don't?
Re: 20k Landed Into My Account From Unknown Person by HungerBAD: 3:54pm On Jul 14, 2015
Liar.

The bank don't need you for that. It can be reversed back to the original account it was meant for without you even knowing.

You just sat down and cooked a story to post here.

3 Likes

Re: 20k Landed Into My Account From Unknown Person by Orezy5(m): 3:54pm On Jul 14, 2015
plz ensure that u return it. it may backfire or boomerang if u don't.
Re: 20k Landed Into My Account From Unknown Person by lanrehamd: 3:56pm On Jul 14, 2015
slamstan:
Hello peeps, don't know where to post this but i believe i will get answers to this issue.
I got a call from gtbank, gconnect customer center yesterday, and i was told 20k was deposited into my account by mistake. Now they ask me to help them transfer back the money to the sender and they also gave me the account number of the sender.

I was actually on drugs cos of catarrh and a slight fever, so i told the caller i would go get the cash today and refund it. And he ask me to give him my word, i said no problem, i will do just that.

Now i am feeling much better and i checked my email to see the alert so i could do what i promised to. The moment i saw the 20k i have been having double mind.....
Its a good thing if i refund the cash, that i know, but please house, what would be the implications if i don't?

its better you do bro.....

1 Like

Re: 20k Landed Into My Account From Unknown Person by laplace12(m): 3:57pm On Jul 14, 2015
I find it hard to believe this story.

Do they need to contact you? Can't they simply debit you and credit the right person if it is established to be a mistake?

They should have an in-house method of handling issues like this.

I guess you simply want to make frontpage tongue

1 Like

Re: 20k Landed Into My Account From Unknown Person by eluquenson(m): 4:09pm On Jul 14, 2015
Them catch op oh
LMAO grin

1 Like

Re: 20k Landed Into My Account From Unknown Person by enigstil(m): 4:09pm On Jul 14, 2015
Banks don't ever do that, they can reverse the credit immediately they discovered it.The only instance where they have to call you is if you have spent part or the whole money.

1 Like

Re: 20k Landed Into My Account From Unknown Person by slamstan(m): 4:23pm On Jul 14, 2015
08029002900 was the number that called, this thread is for your opinion on the implications, u dont have to believe me but thats the whole truth. Wetin concern me with front page
Re: 20k Landed Into My Account From Unknown Person by slamstan(m): 4:25pm On Jul 14, 2015
enigstil:
Banks don't ever do that, they can reverse the credit immediately they discovered it.The only instance where they have to call you is if you have spent part or the whole money.

No, i haven't and they actually called me. The 20k plus 700 balance i had still intact
Re: 20k Landed Into My Account From Unknown Person by slamstan(m): 4:29pm On Jul 14, 2015
HungerBAD:
Liar.

The bank don't need you for that. It can be reversed back to the original account it was meant for without you even knowing.

U know nothing, and u think u know. They dare not intrude my account without my consent, i got the the alert, so who has the right to the money?
Re: 20k Landed Into My Account From Unknown Person by Eesha: 4:30pm On Jul 14, 2015
its better you return the money. You did not work for it and what if the recipient is in a life and death situation. Put yourself in his shoes pls.
slamstan:
08029002900 was the number that called, this thread is for your opinion on the implications, u dont have to believe me but thats the whole truth. Wetin concern me with front page
Re: 20k Landed Into My Account From Unknown Person by slamstan(m): 4:32pm On Jul 14, 2015
laplace12:
I find it hard to believe this story.

Do they need to contact you? Can't they simply debit you and credit the right person if it is established to be a mistake?

They should have an in-house method of handling issues like this.

I guess you simply want to make frontpage tongue

Wetin concern me and front page.
Re: 20k Landed Into My Account From Unknown Person by felai: 11:16pm On Jul 14, 2015
HungerBAD:
Liar.

Why must u conclude that the OP is a Liar. People with their mindset sha.

Well, I made a mistake sometimes ago sending a wrong acct number for a money to be deposited into my account. And the sender sent the money to the wrong account number through atm transfer. After waiting for like two days without recieveing the money, I checked the acct number I sent and discovered I had mistakenly interchanged two digits. There and then I knew the money had entered a wrong account, called the bank but they said there was nothing they could do.
Did some research, got the account holders name, searched all database to match d name but to no avail... Summary, I later got the person's contact who verified receipt of the money and promised to get it across to my account soonest, almost a month now but ain't positive yet. But we do communicate and she still assures me of sending it wen chanced.

Pls OP, the change we so much clamour for begins with us. thread the path of honour and integrity today and put hope and smile in the face of the person concerned. Pls send the money back to the person after verifying thoroughly that he is truly the sender.

1 Like

Re: 20k Landed Into My Account From Unknown Person by forextrader9(m): 12:02am On Jul 15, 2015
Bank has no right to debit you without your consent! Its your account so they must seek your permission before carrying out such transaction.
Op return it asap

1 Like

Re: 20k Landed Into My Account From Unknown Person by seyluv(f): 1:20am On Jul 15, 2015
For those doubting, D bank can no longer debit customers account without informing d customer in cases like dis wrong posting, if d customer is not willing to Co operate by refunding d money, d account will be on lien I.e money won't be able to go out of d acct again.. So Ops try to do wat dey adviced u to do - at least for integrity purpose. .
Re: 20k Landed Into My Account From Unknown Person by Nobody: 2:22am On Jul 15, 2015
Bank can remove money from your account at anytime. You registered with them and they have all your details. Happened to me once. #20,000. In a period of one hour after receiving the alert, they debited it immediately.

(1) (Reply)

Business Ideas To Tap Into In Nigeria's Economy / Marketing Strategies For Small Businesses (TOP SECRET!) / Nationwide Ecommerce Delivery Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.