Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:21 AM

"Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder (30717 Views)

Quit Notice On Igbos: What Arewa Youths Told Me – Orji Kalu / Quit Notice On Igbos: What Arewa Youths Should Have Done – Al-mustapha / Lets Settle Our Differences, Igbo Group Tells Lagosians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by logica(m): 4:23am On Jul 16, 2015
Remarkable:

You sound pained with all the name calling... I cant help you, sorry; I wasnt sure when Rangers and 3SC began is primarily why I did say I wasn't sure... if you don't like my humor, then don't laugh, just... walk on by....
...and it was too much work for you to confirm what you were posting? I could be pained if we were related (for making a f00l of yourself); but as it is, I couldn't care so much.

3 Likes

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by Remarkable: 6:46am On Jul 16, 2015
logica:
...and it was too much work for you to confirm what you were posting? I could be pained if we were related (for making a f00l of yourself); but as it is, I couldn't care so much.
... you're probably from the SW, you say you are or arent one thing but your words betrays and contradicts you... walk on by.
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by lastpage: 7:10am On Jul 16, 2015
Esdb3:

What you don't grab is that the Lagos Oba is like the king of 0.000009 percent of yorubas. I don't even know his name and I'm a yoruba person. I don't even know what he looks like. He is just politically and money driven. And he was scared that the ibos wouldn't root for ambode. And the ibos too disappointed me by voting for that big lipped fatso. Who cares about a monarch anymore even? I know civilized and educated yorubas don't.

YOU are CERTAINLY ONE OF THE LOST ONES! cry cry cry
Being "educated" does not mean you are civilized; ...and being "civilized" does not require you to be educated!

Even more importantly, being "educated and civilized" does NOT mean you throw away your CULTURE because that makes you LOST! undecided undecided

Thanks for your opinion!

Lastpage!

BTW: I do not support "threatening people" as much as l do not support people who become "brazen and antagonistic" of their host community

1 Like

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by lastpage: 7:15am On Jul 16, 2015
oluwalfa:

coward

Of all the monikers that abound, the ONLY ONE you chose to use is one that sounds like a Yoruba phrase?
Now tell me a better definition of "Cowardice and Self-deprecation"!

You Son, are a learner!

Be your real self and come up with solutions, however stewpid and we will embrace you and reconcile you to Peace, instead of HATE and ANGER!

The olive branch is still available for all.

And thanks for your opinion.

Lastpage!
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by logica(m): 7:20am On Jul 16, 2015
Remarkable:
... you're probably from the SW, you say you are or arent one thing but your words betrays and contradicts you... walk on by.
Oh no, not probably. I am Yoruba. And no doubt you are Igbo as your actions betray: jump head long into matters without full comprehension of the circumstances and repercussions or planning and prove to be the ultimate duffer. Your inglorious end awaits you.

1 Like

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by ApcSucks: 7:25am On Jul 16, 2015
attacker231:
[s][/s]

I will start ignoring you now. You are a troll and very dumb, you just post meaningless trash on nairaland daily. Your real life must be messed up and useless that all you do daily is call people different names and monikers. I have no time for fools and goats like you, cos you are beneath me.

Mr subway101 your hubby is insulting... I think I just frustrated you off my mentions.... mad dog
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by lastpage: 7:35am On Jul 16, 2015
vicadex07:
lol...you guys just automatically assume anything Yoruba is anti ibo.

For your information, most of the mods in the politics section are ibo

Actually l think it is Bad policy by Seun, to hide the identity of the Mods on Nairaland, especially this Politics section!
Most of them hide under that "darkness of anonymity", to do Evil!

Imagine one of them telling me that this thread, which has hit 11pages right now, will never hit front page when it is actually a rejoinder to an Igbo thread by @NgeneKwenu, that hit front page within the first comment on page1?

where then is the fairness if most of them are not just tribal Bigots in this politics section, especially that goat ishylove?

Anyway, we are achieving our aim of setting up a discussion and l will urge guys not to get drawn into the "abuse lane" by some childish #WailingWailers here.

Let us keep it focused please.

Lastpage!
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by lastpage: 7:37am On Jul 16, 2015
vicadex07:
I guess he lost a leg and a tooth during the civil war and he wants his grandkids to avenge him grin (thats if the coward ever fought)

You badt, really really badt! grin grin grin
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by lastpage: 7:46am On Jul 16, 2015
Remarkable:

So, anyone who does not agree with you , must be from the S/West.... yet you are the one suing for peace a few click before now?
Truly, it is "not always far from the surface"! shocked shocked

You made a wrong post using "inaccurate examples" to justify your logic.
He called you out on it and corrected you.
What does it cost you, to check 'statements' you want to use to buttress your position, before posting them?
Or dont you know "deliberate misinformation" is even worse than "ignorant" lies? The fact that you already said 'Am not sure' implies you yourself are already in doubt of that statement so why dont you just "hold it back" till you are sure of it, before sending it out to your folks who were all applauding it like they heard the "Holy Grail"?

Instead of humbling agreeing that you were wrong, you tried to "dance around it", then you retorted to abuse and then "generalized" that he must be from the SouthWest?
You see the kind of MENTALITY we are talking about?
Unnecessarily Proud and Arrogant, unable to deal with criticism even when wrong, Aggressive and Bigoted!

Its like me saying "because l am annoyed with you and you are Igbo, then all Igbos are like you"! That will be extremely foolish!

Having said that, let us not get into fisty-cuffs again. Lesson learned.
You and logicca needs to pipe down and take a step back.
We are about reconciliation and not more aggravation, .... as in honest reconciliation o! undecided

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by attacker231: 7:59am On Jul 16, 2015
ApcSucks:

May my mother die a miserable death. I am cursed cos am jobless. May my father be victim of boko haram. My mother is a mad dog

God punish your family

1 Like

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by Horllamideh(m): 8:01am On Jul 16, 2015
Classicool:

Abi faa Olosi moni were re.. I think he hate Ogbomoso people personally.. Nitori pe adibo fun alainikanse re....
Do heard about the #5000 that he said the govt secondary school student will be paying starting from next section... Lol that man is crazy...
lol....My skool work is depriving me of news from home,to think am just 54km away from Ogbomosho makes it worse,i haven't stepped foot at home for 5 months. I blame all the other governorship aspirants.....They gave him a field day at the poll because of their non-alliance. The tradition of losing re-election bid at poll is a check on guvnors but alas it's been broken. But that #5k is for what,school fees??
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by oluwalfa: 8:14am On Jul 16, 2015
lastpage:

Of all the monikers that abound, the ONLY ONE you chose to use is one that sounds like a Yoruba phrase?
Now tell me a better definition of "Cowardice and Self-deprecation"!

You Son, are a learner!

Be your real self and come up with solutions, however stewpid and we will embrace you and reconcile you to Peace, instead of HATE and ANGER!

The olive branch is still available for all.

And thanks for your opinion.

Lastpage!

Did you have nightmares last night about oluwalfa? I didn't know this one was this strong. Maybe I'll keep it and discard the rest.
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by Remarkable: 8:19am On Jul 16, 2015
lastpage:

So, anyone who does not agree with you , must be from the S/West.... yet you are the one suing for peace a few click before now?

What does it cost you, to check 'statements' you want to use to buttress your position, before posting them?
Or dont you know "deliberate misinformation" is even worse than "ignorant" lies? The fact that you already said 'Am not sure' implies you yourself are already in doubt of that statement so why dont you just "hold it back" till you are sure of it, before sending it out to your folks who were all applauding it like they heard the "Holy Grail"?

Instead of humbling agreeing that you were wrong, you tried to "dance around it", then you retorted to abuse and then "generalized" that he must be from the SouthWest?
Unnecessarily Proud and Arrogant, unable to deal with criticism even when wrong, Aggressive and Bigoted!

Its like me saying "because l am annoyed with you and you are Igbo, then all Igbos are like you"! That will be extremely foolish!

We are about reconciliation and not more aggravation, .... as in honest reconciliation o! undecided

Lastpage!

You yourself are a funny one, with the log of wood in your eye and all the lies you have in your OP about Ironsi which you want to lie to every gullible mind to accept as truth, wants to call out a comment I made and said I wasn't sure of? I don't know whether to call you a m oron and a f. ool as your brother did, or point out clearly to you as I did your brother that you say one thing and mean something else or in other words you SW ners are knowwn for telling historical lies and trying to point out the speck in someone elses eyes? I stand by my statement, no apologies.

(N.B. I dontwant to call you a blatant liar, but kindly point out the abuseive words I used that made you say I abused the other fellow, thank you).
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by lastpage: 11:37am On Jul 16, 2015
oluwalfa:

Did you have nightmares last night about oluwalfa? I didn't know this one was this strong. Maybe I'll keep it and discard the rest.

Awwww! are you by any chance "always" this mentally retarded?
I dont do this sort of childish rants, okay.

You are free to keep the handle, at least we know you for who you are ...One Ibotic oaf trying to sound Yoruba. grin grin
Now hat we have obliged you, be happy and go hang from a Mango tree

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by oluwalfa: 12:03pm On Jul 16, 2015
lastpage:

Awwww! are you by any chance "always" this mentally retarded?
I dont do this sort of childish rants, okay.

You are free to keep the handle, at least we know you for who you are ...One Ibotic oaf trying to sound Yoruba. grin grin
Now hat we have obliged you, be happy and go hang from a Mango tree

Lastpage!

lol

and you are one mgbati clown trying to sound english: lastpage
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by OPCNAIRALAND: 12:55pm On Jul 16, 2015
oluwalfa:

lol

and you are one mgbati clown trying to sound english: lastpage

Lastpage is a crossbreed, half Ibo, half Yoruba. This path to join what is not joinable is a personal struggle for him.

Even the Yoruba elders that the Ibo reconciliation team approached for truce plainly told the team that Yoruba has nothing against Ibo but the respect of our homeland is non negotiable. There is nothing to reconcile, there was never a union between our two cultures.

It would be understood if Ibo is reconciling with Efik, Ibibio, Ikwerre and others in their backyard with whom they once shared way of life and commonality of interest. That is not the case with Yoruba, we are divergent people in every way. We became to know one another through Nigeria. Prior to formation of Nigeria Yoruba did not know anything called Ibo....our history is totally devoid of anything named Ibo. Even as members of Nigeria we have never been on same visiin or aspiration.....so what is there to reconcile? Nothing!

The appropriate term should be Ibo group seek forgiveness from Yoruba.

We accomodate you but you insult us, when we react and promise to withdraw our hospitality, you want reconciliation.....reconciliation of what exactly

3 Likes

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by oluwalfa: 1:06pm On Jul 16, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:

Lastpage is a crossbreed, half Ibo, half Yoruba. This path to join what is not joinable is a personal struggle for him.

Even the Yoruba elders that the Ibo reconciliation team approached for truce plainly told the team that Yoruba has nothing against Ibo but the respect of our homeland is non negotiable. There is nothing to reconcile, there was never a union between our two cultures.

It would be understood if Ibo is reconciling with Efik, Ibibio, Ikwerre and others in their backyard with whom they once shared way of life and commonality of interest. That is not the case with Yoruba, we are divergent people in every way. We became to know one another through Nigeria. Prior to formation of Nigeria Yoruba did not know anything called Ibo....our history is totally devoid of anything named Ibo. Even as members of Nigeria we have never been on same visiin or aspiration.....so what is there to reconcile? Nothing!

The appropriate term should be Ibo group seek forgiveness from Yoruba.

We accomodate you but you insult us, when we react and promise to withdraw our hospitality, you want reconciliation.....reconciliation of what exactly

I like the way you distinguish Igbo from ibo because those reconciliation beggars are not Igbos.

What we Igbos are telling you is that you fought and died for one nigeria. Enjoy it. Lagos is no man's land. Lagos was built by South East wealth. We are respectful of ther tribes by calling it no man's man when in real terms, it is Igboland with yoruba managers.
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by logica(m): 1:28pm On Jul 16, 2015
oluwalfa:

I like the way you distinguish Igbo from ibo because those reconciliation beggars are not Igbos.

What we Igbos are telling you is that you fought and died for one nigeria. Enjoy it. Lagos is no man's land. Lagos was built by South East wealth. We are respectful of ther tribes by calling it no man's man when in real terms, it is Igboland with yoruba managers.
LMAO. Let's even assume that indeed (in a parallel universe), Lagos was built with South East wealth; how come you guys haven't been able to duplicate Lagos? Or you want to claim your states don't get allocations from Federal government? Why have your governors not been able to do what you did in Lagos? Surely, if you've done it before, you can do it again. Abi?

3 Likes

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by 1after: 1:42pm On Jul 16, 2015
lastpage:

Lastpage!

WORD! its funny how he said Yorubas were catching up with Igbos in Education. WTF? Very funny. Just back from BAN and dont want to engage some little kids here that throw tantrums for every little thing, cos I dont stop when I retaliate. Good job you are doing bro.
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by oluwalfa: 2:12pm On Jul 16, 2015
logica:
LMAO. Let's even assume that indeed (in a parallel universe), Lagos was built with South East wealth; how come you guys haven't been able to duplicate Lagos? Or you want to claim your states don't get allocations from Federal government? Why have your governors not been able to do what you did in Lagos? Surely, if you've done it before, you can do it again. Abi?

Let me repeat. Lagos was built with South East money. Abuja is being built with South East money. Stop your fallacies.
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by Classicool(m): 2:18pm On Jul 16, 2015
Horllamideh:

lol....My skool work is depriving me of news from home,to think am just 54km away from Ogbomosho makes it worse,i haven't stepped foot at home for 5 months. I blame all the other governorship aspirants.....They gave him a field day at the poll because of their non-alliance. The tradition of losing re-election bid at poll is a check on guvnors but alas it's been broken. But that #5k is for what,school fees??
Yes school fees niooo... Is not the fault of other governorship candidate oooo is P.D.P fault for choosing unpopular candidate and imposing it on other aspirant including the man that could send were Ajirebi parking from Office... Is a popular fact that if PDP as agreed to pick ALAO AKALA for Gov., and Seyi Makinde as deputy they will surely win because when the votes of AKALA of Labour party and with the Little of seyi makinde and PDP faithful who voted for teslim Folarin were added together it was more than enough for them to win the governorship post... But they are now begging Akala and Seyi to return to the party towards 2019 so as to be a good party in the state and presently after APC in Oyo state the Next is party to call is Labour Party...
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by logica(m): 2:18pm On Jul 16, 2015
oluwalfa:

Let me repeat. Lagos was built with South East money. Abuja is being built with South East money. Stop your fallacies.
LMAO. What do you call a rich man whose money is being used to build other people's mansions; but only has a hut to show for all his wealth?

1 Like

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by 1after: 2:22pm On Jul 16, 2015
oluwalfa:

Too much of drug is not good for your health.

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by oluwalfa: 3:38pm On Jul 16, 2015
logica:
LMAO. What do you call a rich man whose money is being used to build other people's mansions; but only has a hut to show for all his wealth?

An african
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by oluwalfa: 3:39pm On Jul 16, 2015
1after:

Too much of drug is not good for your health.

Hyena, Na your papa build lagos?
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by DiademSh07: 3:39pm On Jul 16, 2015
oluwalfa:

What? When we all know the SE is one of the least revenue generating region in Nigeria.
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by oluwalfa: 3:42pm On Jul 16, 2015
DiademSh07:

What? When we all know the SE is one of the least revenue generating region in Nigeria.

Yoruba and lies
When South East region seceeded, nigeria went broke overnight and had to resort to foreign aided war to bring us back into the fold
illiterate, read your history, the south east region had been feeding this country since 1914
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by 1after: 3:44pm On Jul 16, 2015
oluwalfa:

Hyena, Na your papa build lagos?

This is the problem I have with you bastard, you are always good at throwing insult and crying to the mods later. Is it your senile malnourished father that develop Lagos? Why cant your miserable family replicate that building of Lagos in your erosion ravaged state. Bunch of never do well.
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by oluwalfa: 3:50pm On Jul 16, 2015
1after:

This is the problem I have with you bastard, you are always good at throwing insult and crying to the mods later. Is it your senile malnourished father that develop Lagos? Why cant your miserable family replicate that building of Lagos in your erosion ravaged state. Bunch of never do well.

We already have Lagos
Why do you want us to replicate it?
Why don't you guys do something to your brown roofs first?
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by Esdb3: 3:51pm On Jul 16, 2015
lastpage:

YOU are CERTAINLY ONE OF THE LOST ONES! cry cry cry
Being "educated" does not mean you are civilized; ...and being "civilized" does not require you to be educated!

Even more importantly, being "educated and civilized" does NOT mean you throw away your CULTURE because that makes you LOST! undecided undecided

Thanks for your opinion!

Lastpage!

BTW: I do not support "threatening people" as much as l do not support people who become "brazen and antagonistic" of their host community

adjective
Civilized: having an advanced or humane culture,
society, etc.

educate - /ˈɛdjʊkeɪt/
verb
1. give intellectual, moral, and social
instruction to (someone), typically at a school
or university.

Did I ask you to throw away your culture by being civilized? Or educated?

Am talking realistically! C and E people do not care about monarchs! We are not abandoning our culture, we are just not primitive anymore!

Are the monarchs as important as they used to be? Do you know how strong the aafin of Oyo used to be?! If not for a higher percentage of illiterate villagers, when last as any CandE person from your village gone to pay homage or bow before your king?!

Think man, you are the lost one.
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by 1after: 3:54pm On Jul 16, 2015
oluwalfa:

We already have Lagos
Why do you want us to replicate it?
Why don't you guys do something to your brown roofs first?

You only have Lagos in your dreams you despicable oaf, You run away from your gully cursed land and trying to claim other people's land. Aint you ashamed of your stupidity. You should be shot and your smelly corpse fed to the dogs for being foolish and bringing shame to your family and Alaigbo. Pathetic.
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by DiademSh07: 3:55pm On Jul 16, 2015
oluwalfa:

Yoruba and lies
When South East region seceeded, nigeria went broke overnight and had to resort to foreign aided war to bring us back into the fold
illiterate, read your history, the south east region had been feeding this country since 1914
That's hogwash.
The southwest were easily going about the business not until that fool, Ojukwu invaded Ore!
Foolish ibos who couldn't even feed themselves and have to depend on people they were waging war against, is feeding Nigeria? Hahaha!

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia / Femi Fani-Kayode: The Old Man Arrested Is Not ‘Killer’ Wakili / NLC Strike: This Is Not Time To Flex Muscles, Atiku Bagudu Tell El-Rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.