Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,174 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:04 AM

Jonathan Kicks As Buhari Plans $2.1b Oil Cash Probe - The NATION - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Kicks As Buhari Plans $2.1b Oil Cash Probe - The NATION (44752 Views)

EFCC Traces $20bn Missing Oil Cash To Jonathan’s Campaign / Faces Of The Officers That Allegedly Mismanaged, Diverted And Looted $2.1b / Kogi: Wada Kicks As Early Results Favour Audu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Kicks As Buhari Plans $2.1b Oil Cash Probe - The NATION by handie(m): 4:53am On Jul 15, 2015
Ex-President seeks protection

HOLIDAYING former President Goodluck Jonathan has dashed into Abuja to launch a protest, The Nation has learnt.

Dr Jonathan is disturbed by the determination of President Muhammadu Buhari to probe how $2.1billion was illegally withdrawn from the Excess Crude Account (ECA), sources said yesterday, pleading not to be named “because of the sensitivity of the matter”.

Jonathan is said to be planning a protest to the Gen. Abubakar Abdulsalami National Peace Committee for 2015 General Elections that:

•the Buhari administration is trying to blackmail him and his erstwhile cabinet members;

•he is not pleased with the corruption tar being put on his administration; and that

•he is worried by the likely probe of the whereabouts of the $4billion taxes and dividends paid by the Nigerian Liquified Natural gas Ltd between 2009 and 2014.

Jonathan and some of his ministers are said to be angry that Buhari ought to know that such taxes and dividends are remitted to the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS).

Another matter troubling Jonathan and his ministers, according to sources, is how the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) under his watch allegedly blew N3.8trillion in three years.

The Abdulsalami Committee is yet to have audience with Buhari on the allegations made by Jonathan, a source said.

The former President arrived in the country last weekend to “defend his administration”. He could not be reached for comments last night.

It was, however, learnt that he had chosen to table before the Abdulsalami Committee some issues, including the controversial $2.1billion withdrawn from the Excess Crude Account (ECA) without recourse to the National Economic Council(NEC).

A source said: “The former President returned into the country at the weekend but he is unhappy with the bashing of his administration.

“Jonathan believes that Buhari is blackmailing him and his ministers, contrary to the terms of the 2015 poll peace agreement which led to a smooth transition from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to the opposition All Progressives Congress (APC).

“I think Jonathan approached the Abdulsalami Committee so that he will be left alone by Buhari who openly said he inherited an empty treasury from his predecessor.”

A former minister in the Jonathan administration, who spoke in confidence, said: “The ex-President is unhappy that the administration of Buhari has been stigmatising his administration instead of putting him into confidence on issues.

“For God’s sake, let them allow this man to earn his well-deserved retirement. If there is any observation by the new government, there are standard official procedures of addressing such.”

NEC, on June 29, raised a four-man panel on how NNPC spent N3.8 trillion in three years.

The four ‘wise men’ are Governors Adams Oshiomhole (Edo), Udom Emmanuel (Akwa Ibom), Nasir El-Rufai (Kaduna) and Ibrahim Dankwambo (Gombe).

While awaiting the submission of the committee’s report, Oshiomhole joined issues with the immediate past Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, on how $2.1billion in ECA was disbursed without approval.

He said the $2.1 billion, only $1 billion was paid to oil marketers as fuel subsidy and about $1billion used for election purposes.

Although Mrs. Okonjo-Iweala claimed that the ex-President approved the spending of $1 billion, Oshiomhole said Jonathan had no right to do so.

He said any withdrawal from the account ought to be approved by NEC.
thenationonlineng.net/new/jonathan-kicks-as-buhari-plans-2-1b-oil-cash-probe/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Kicks As Buhari Plans $2.1b Oil Cash Probe - The NATION by Nobody: 4:54am On Jul 15, 2015
chai I dedicate this to the rat in my kitchen,the coakroach that attacked me last night and to all the goats warming up for sallah shout out to all the suya people.... most importantly thank God, aha chews dabino

chocolateme seems u are fond of me ahhh love at first site.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Kicks As Buhari Plans $2.1b Oil Cash Probe - The NATION by mormoni(m): 4:54am On Jul 15, 2015
Is Jonathan a goalkeeper?
Why will he KICK anything? grin

79 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Kicks As Buhari Plans $2.1b Oil Cash Probe - The NATION by holytribe(m): 4:57am On Jul 15, 2015
Wailing waillers always love to kick... it's allowed

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Kicks As Buhari Plans $2.1b Oil Cash Probe - The NATION by ogba20: 4:59am On Jul 15, 2015
kingsolex:

. Power is turn by turn, if apc think they can witch hunt some day they wil also be witch hunt.let see na am proudly naija.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Kicks As Buhari Plans $2.1b Oil Cash Probe - The NATION by chocolateme(f): 5:05am On Jul 15, 2015
Congratulations kingsolex cheesy your night and day vigil was not in vain, u have made it to FTC by 4:57am wow!!! U even had to use gum, super glue, and clip to hold your eyes apart to avoid sleeping in order to be FTC. I pray harder now for the thread to hit FP so u can finally go for Thanksgiving. To be a man is not a day job.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Kicks As Buhari Plans $2.1b Oil Cash Probe - The NATION by Bishop4bella(m): 5:07am On Jul 15, 2015
Let the wind of change continue because will all supported it.
My former president, relax urself because u'r a friendly man who's not corrupt.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Kicks As Buhari Plans $2.1b Oil Cash Probe - The NATION by tomsniel(m): 5:09am On Jul 15, 2015
If Jonathan has nothing to hide then he should not be scared of being probed.. He might as well be probed and turn out to be innocent. It's a two way thing

87 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Kicks As Buhari Plans $2.1b Oil Cash Probe - The NATION by adamskutty(m): 5:10am On Jul 15, 2015
W
Re: Jonathan Kicks As Buhari Plans $2.1b Oil Cash Probe - The NATION by hassey(m): 5:11am On Jul 15, 2015
this will b a very big lesson for politicians DAT noting last for ever. been in power today never mean u will die in there. PMB don't jst probe d account sent any one found wanting to where they belong

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Kicks As Buhari Plans $2.1b Oil Cash Probe - The NATION by Nobody: 5:13am On Jul 15, 2015
Propaganda is synonymous with APC so I'm not perturbed at all.

Buhari should continue confusing himself the more by dwelling in the past while the country is going into extinction.

GEJ came in mainly to see his mum who was alittle sick so get this to the empty skulls of those f00LS in Abuja.

Umu anumanu. undecided

108 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Jonathan Kicks As Buhari Plans $2.1b Oil Cash Probe - The NATION by AdamsAmin(m): 5:14am On Jul 15, 2015
Confusion everywhere.
Re: Jonathan Kicks As Buhari Plans $2.1b Oil Cash Probe - The NATION by Nobody: 5:18am On Jul 15, 2015
Tinubu's The Nation and propaganda!!! We are not buying.So because a picture of GEJ doing is BVN registration in abuja suddenly went viral,these idiots in the nation decided to cook up trash for their gullible followers to beleive

87 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jonathan Kicks As Buhari Plans $2.1b Oil Cash Probe - The NATION by eleojo23: 5:19am On Jul 15, 2015
In the spirit of fairness, all past administrations should be probed.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Kicks As Buhari Plans $2.1b Oil Cash Probe - The NATION by Standing5(m): 5:23am On Jul 15, 2015
The OtuOke man should allow GMB govt. be because they didn't prevent his' from probing OBJ's govt.

16 Likes

Re: Jonathan Kicks As Buhari Plans $2.1b Oil Cash Probe - The NATION by laidian(m): 5:23am On Jul 15, 2015
what a lie from the pit of hell. How can a man who was not hypnotized to say he and his ministers are ready for probe be kicking against his words.

Jona chill, Buhari dare not witch-hunt, he will probe, prosecute and sentence only.

23 Likes

Re: Jonathan Kicks As Buhari Plans $2.1b Oil Cash Probe - The NATION by Cutehector(m): 5:33am On Jul 15, 2015
Buhari is very crazy... Instead of him to concentrate on insecurity, he is thr tryn to witchhunt gej...

Infact, I am fed up wit Buhari...

Let him just do and get d fvck out frm office.... Dnt wana regret this buhari administration

14 Likes

Re: Jonathan Kicks As Buhari Plans $2.1b Oil Cash Probe - The NATION by Welrez(m): 5:33am On Jul 15, 2015
There is no time, Buhari. You have less than four years to 2019. Select ur priorities carefully.

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan Kicks As Buhari Plans $2.1b Oil Cash Probe - The NATION by Ahmed4002(m): 5:40am On Jul 15, 2015
tomsniel:
If Jonathan has nothing to hide then he should not be scared of being probed..

shikenan

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan Kicks As Buhari Plans $2.1b Oil Cash Probe - The NATION by Yhunoos: 5:45am On Jul 15, 2015
ogba20:
. Power is turn by turn, if apc think they can witch hunt some day they wil also be witch hunt.let see na am proudly naija.

Jonathan don turn witch sotey dem dey hunt am down..

Abeg make una probe anything probable
Naija pocket dey dry, we gas make am swell for d betterment of all us (TANoids included)

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Kicks As Buhari Plans $2.1b Oil Cash Probe - The NATION by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:52am On Jul 15, 2015
Jonathan..if u're not kicking balls, dnt kick anything there!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Kicks As Buhari Plans $2.1b Oil Cash Probe - The NATION by Charlesroval: 5:55am On Jul 15, 2015
Notin wrong in probing bt they need to be objective. It shld nt be done wit a witchhunting heart. Let d truth be told
Re: Jonathan Kicks As Buhari Plans $2.1b Oil Cash Probe - The NATION by Swagt101(m): 5:58am On Jul 15, 2015
The former President arrived in the country
last weekend to “defend his administration”.
He returned after holidaying with the stolen money undecided... A man with no skeleton in the cupboard wouldn't be scared of probing.

12 Likes

Re: Jonathan Kicks As Buhari Plans $2.1b Oil Cash Probe - The NATION by san316(m): 5:58am On Jul 15, 2015
Mumu Jonathan. If he is clean, he shouldn't be worried.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Kicks As Buhari Plans $2.1b Oil Cash Probe - The NATION by Yhunoos: 5:58am On Jul 15, 2015
I'm in support
Re: Jonathan Kicks As Buhari Plans $2.1b Oil Cash Probe - The NATION by omowolewa: 6:00am On Jul 15, 2015
I believe GEJ may be innocent, but mama peace. Hummmm!

But he couldn't have done anything without the Ministers and Civil servants, let Buhari start from that point. The truth will fall on his lap like pack of cards.

That is if presidency doesn't deny this news anyway.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Kicks As Buhari Plans $2.1b Oil Cash Probe - The NATION by Obipat(m): 6:05am On Jul 15, 2015
Why is GEJ not in prison? That man is epitome of corruption

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Kicks As Buhari Plans $2.1b Oil Cash Probe - The NATION by wakaman: 6:07am On Jul 15, 2015
Jonathan thieving to buy sandals since primary school.

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan Kicks As Buhari Plans $2.1b Oil Cash Probe - The NATION by Ufranklin92(m): 6:32am On Jul 15, 2015
jerks
Re: Jonathan Kicks As Buhari Plans $2.1b Oil Cash Probe - The NATION by tucky200(m): 6:41am On Jul 15, 2015
chukwudi44:
Tinubu's The Nation and propaganda!!! We are not buying.So because a picture of GEJ doing is BVN registration in abuja suddenly went viral,these idiots in the nation decided to cook up trash for their gullible followers to beleive
Eh eh..so now the nation is not a tangible source because they have spoken against jonathan ...all these Igbo people sef

12 Likes

Re: Jonathan Kicks As Buhari Plans $2.1b Oil Cash Probe - The NATION by Nobody: 6:43am On Jul 15, 2015
He should carry on with his probe and stop disturbing our peace. We all know that the APC is determined to launch more propaganda against Jonathan, we shall be available to counter their hear-says with the truth. Jonathan is afraid of no probe

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Kicks As Buhari Plans $2.1b Oil Cash Probe - The NATION by Nobody: 6:45am On Jul 15, 2015
We encourage the probe. All our money in private pockets should be recovered and put back in our coffers to meet our ever increasing demand as a country.

I can only tell General Buhari that right from the time of General Obasanjo(1976) to Chief Obasanjo(2007), Yar'adua to GEJ; we Nigerians call for a probe of these governments. Any selective probe shall be seen and misconstrued as witch-hunt.

It was under Obj that the President and his Vice regaled the world with tales of "you say I am corrupt, but you are worse!" We heard of how our monies were deployed by the Presidency to procure SUVs for women, sleep with people's wives and wreck homes. It was the most bizzare thing I ever heard from people in government.

My problem with the GEJ government was legion, but one of them was the fact that he lacked the balls to probe the Obj government of impunity(and others). Halliburton is still with us. I encourage General Buhari to go ahead with this probe and let it consume General Abubakar 'the interventionist' too. Anything short of this and Buhari have started failing in my opinion.

God bless Nigeria!

22 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Booed At Notting Hill Carnival While On Stage / Lere Olayinka Preparing For Arrest & Detention By Buhari's DSS / Gunmen Tied My Hands, Made Me Watch As They Killed My Six Children One By One’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.