Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,779 members, 7,798,599 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:03 AM

Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 (9063 Views)

Java Program To Solve Quadratic Equation-dealwap / Q-basic Program To Compute Simple Interest. / President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by Seun(m): 8:30am On Jul 15, 2015
If you've been following the Greek debt crisis, you may have encountered their new finance minister's upstanding and ballsy signature:

Can you write a program to simulate the signing of that signature at any size?

Your program should allow the user to select the size of the box within which the signature should be signed, and then it should simulate the signing of the signature manually within the box, as if a person is signing it with a black biro. The resulting signatures should be smoothly anti-aliased, just like the original signature above, and it should be sized to fill the user-specified box while maintaining the correct aspect ratio.

You can use Javascript, a JVM/.NET language, or Python. Upload as a zip file (yourusername.zip). The writer of the 1st good entry wins N10k N20k.

Update: Winner announced!

7 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by stevolinkon40: 8:31am On Jul 15, 2015
Present
Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by Dannyset(m): 8:38am On Jul 15, 2015
Make I use hand write am then photocopy am send to u nko? because this thing wey me dey see simple oo.

8 Likes

Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by acunon: 8:46am On Jul 15, 2015
Make work start nah
Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by klem93(m): 9:01am On Jul 15, 2015
just 10k naira? hiss

2 Likes

Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by Funjosh(m): 9:02am On Jul 15, 2015
Seun:
If you've been following the Greek debt crisis, you may have encountered their new finance minister's upstanding and ballsy signature:

Your program should allow the user to select the size of the box within which the signature should be signed, and then it should simulate the signing of the signature manually within the box, as if a person is signing it with a black biro. The resulting signatures should be smoothly anti-aliased, just like the original signature above, and it should be sized to fill the user-specified box while maintaining the correct aspect ratio.

You can use Javascript, any JVM language, or Python. Upload as a zip file (yourusername.zip). The writer of the first good entry wins N10k.

shocked Program shocked

Run out of this Thread.
Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by Seun(m): 9:13am On Jul 15, 2015
klem93:
just 10k naira? hiss
It's very easy if you're a good programmer. I plan to post more contests later.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by sosiqdude(m): 9:14am On Jul 15, 2015
Na we dey here, na we get am

Just dey observe
Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by kinglekan: 9:40am On Jul 15, 2015
Seun:

Is this legal though?

2 Likes

Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:49am On Jul 15, 2015
Seun:

Hope a graphic design is gonna be part of the contest grin
Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by Nobody: 10:48am On Jul 15, 2015
I come back with a signature machine
Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by Nobody: 10:52am On Jul 15, 2015
I fit use biro sign am, come snap am and upload? embarassed undecided wink

This Prime minister guy is foooiinnee!!!! kiss kiss
Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by Olamitisoji(m): 11:26am On Jul 15, 2015
The Prime Minister's signature looks like a PRICK pointing upwards, who can see the testicles? Or am i the only one noticing it? undecidedundecidedundecided

4 Likes

Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by Seun(m): 12:01pm On Jul 15, 2015
Olamitisoji:
The Prime Minister's signature looks like a PRICK pointing upwards, who can see the testicles? Or am i the only one noticing it? undecidedundecidedundecided
Upstanding. And. Ballsy.

kinglekan:

Is this legal though?
There is no intent to deceive, so yes, it is legal. A copy of the signature is even available on Wikipedia.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by seunthomas: 12:47pm On Jul 15, 2015
Seun:

You can use Javascript, any JVM language, or Python. Upload as a zip file (yourusername.zip). The writer of the first good entry wins N10k.
Assuming i was able to give you a solution today, how do i get my money?
Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by letsbet(m): 1:03pm On Jul 15, 2015
Seun:

All right SIR! you just motivated me to up my programming skillz.
Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jul 15, 2015
seunthomas:

Assuming i was able to give you a solution today, how do i get my money?
see this olojukokoro.. you never write the program sef talk less of winning the competition...you don dey ask how u go collect your money...

I bow for you oooo
Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by seunthomas: 3:26pm On Jul 15, 2015
booqee:
see this olojukokoro.. you never write the program sef talk less of winning the competition...you don dey ask how u go collect your money...

I bow for you oooo
You be olodo. Na who tell u say i never write the progam. I just they try to confirm if bros na scammer na.
Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by Iaz93: 3:32pm On Jul 15, 2015
seunthomas:

You be olodo. Na who tell u say i never write the progam. I just they try to confirm if bros na scammer na.
You're trying to confirm if Seun, Seun Osewa is a scammer?

Ewo!!

6 Likes

Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 15, 2015
seunthomas:

HAAAAA!!!!!! how can you call the whole CEO of Nairaland a scammer? Why would Seun Osewa want to post a scam on his own forum?

I'm still trying to figure why he would do that..... undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by Seun(m): 4:31pm On Jul 15, 2015
Is anyone working on this? Thinking of shutting it down if no one is working on it, since there are concerns about legality.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by acunon: 4:48pm On Jul 15, 2015
Seun:
Is anyone working on this? Thinking of shutting it down if no one is working on it, since there are concerns about legality.
we have been trying, jst that it is not easy.
Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jul 15, 2015
Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jul 15, 2015
if there is no intent to use it for any contravening activity then its not illegal

3 Likes

Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by adexmuhyi(m): 6:15pm On Jul 15, 2015
trying dys on my symbian fone,,, not easy though

1 Like

Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by seunthomas: 6:22pm On Jul 15, 2015
booqee:
HAAAAA!!!!!! how can you call the whole CEO of Nairaland a scammer? Why would Seun Osewa want to post a scam on his own forum?

Is this Seun NL or another?

Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by seunthomas: 6:22pm On Jul 15, 2015
Seun:
Is this Seun of NL??
Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by seunthomas: 6:23pm On Jul 15, 2015
Seun:
If yes pick your language of choice. Also do you want the signature generated animated like a person signing the signature?
Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by babatope88(m): 6:26pm On Jul 15, 2015
Just hear to learn one or two things. shikenah
Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by seunthomas: 6:35pm On Jul 15, 2015
Will do it for the fun of it. Its Javascript/HTML5 work. Other languages will be too much stress.
Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by seunthomas: 6:37pm On Jul 15, 2015
booqee:
Dont mind me. Am not a 100% NL guy. Just buzz in once in a while. I think i just confirmed he is Seun NL.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Php/mysql Pin And Serial Number Generation Script / What Programming Languages Do I Need To Design A Site Like Nairaland? / The Travails Of Junior Developers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.