Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,994 members, 7,806,888 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:20 AM

Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? (9630 Views)

Muslims: Why Doesn't Allah Forgive The Sin Of Adultery? / Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? / Muslims: Why Did Muhammad Disobey Quran10:94? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? by truthman2012(m): 12:00pm On Jul 15, 2015
The Bible makes it clear that Jesus was killed for calling himself the Son of God:

[John 10:36] Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said I am the Son of God?

[John 19:7] The Jews answered him (Pilate), We have a law and by our law, he (Jesus) ought to die BECAUSE he made himself the Son of God.

That the Disciples believed and proclaimed Jesus was the Son of God and doing miracles in His name was the reason they were also killed.

But the quran denies that Jesus was killed and says someone else was killed in his stead:

[Quran 4:157-158 Shakir] And their saying: Surely we have killed the Messiah, Isa son of Marium, the messenger of Allah; and they did not kill him nor did they crucify him, but it appeared to them so (like Isa) and most surely those who differ therein are only in a doubt about it; they have no knowledge respecting it, but only follow a conjecture, and they killed him not for sure.
Nay! Allah took him up to Himself; and Allah is Mighty, Wise.

Whether or not he was killed or someone was made to replace him, the fact remains that an attempt was made on his life. This is the big issue as no muslim seems to be asking “why was an attempt to kill Jesus made at all” As earlier stated, the bible tells us the reason he was killed but the quran and the muslims fail to tell us why they wanted to kill him and somebody had to be used to replace him.

If Jesus was attempted to be killed for calling himself the Son of God and yet Allah saved him, doesn’t that show he was saying the truth? Why would Allah save him for saying blasphemy if his claim was truly blasphemous?

Jesus declaring himself as the Son of God is a sin of ‘shirk’, an offence punishable by death in islam. Then, why would allah save him from the death he deserved by committing shirk? Quran says Allah does not forgive the sin of shirk: [Quran 4:116 4:116 Yusufali] Allah forgiveth not (The sin of) joining other gods with Him; but He forgiveth whom He pleaseth other sins than this: one who joins other gods with Allah, Hath strayed far, far away (from the right). If this is true, why did Allah claim he rescued Jesus from death after he had committed an unforgivable sin – shirk, worthy of death?

Unquestionably, Jesus is the Son of God and savior of the world.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? by kestolove95(m): 12:09pm On Jul 15, 2015
Are jews muslims or are Israelites muslims?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? by Confirmer(m): 12:17pm On Jul 15, 2015
Did John the Baptist call himself the son of God before he was killed? The Jews still believe Jesus was an illegitimate child, i.e Mary committed adultery, and they didn't believe Jesus to be the messiah.

1 Like

Re: Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? by truthman2012(m): 12:39pm On Jul 15, 2015
Confirmer:
Did John the Baptist call himself the son of God before he was killed? The Jews still believe Jesus was an illegitimate child, i.e Mary committed adultery, and they didn't believe Jesus to be the messiah.

Did you find out why John the Baptist was killed?

Mat. 14:1-5:
At that time Herod, the
ruler of Galilee, heard the
reports about Jesus. So
he said to his servants,
“Jesus is John the Baptist,
who has risen from the
dead. That is why he can
work these miracles.”

Sometime before this,
Herod had arrested John,
tied him up, and put him
into prison. Herod did this
because of Herodias, who
had been the wife of
Philip, Herod’s brother.
John had been telling
Herod, “It is not lawful for
you to be married to
Herodias.” Herod wanted
to kill John, but he was
afraid of the people,
because they believed John
was a prophet.

John the Baptist was killed because he told Herod the king not to marry Herodias. Different prophets were killed for different reasons.

1 Like

Re: Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? by truthman2012(m): 12:52pm On Jul 15, 2015
kestolove95:
Are jews muslims or are Israelites muslims?

What is the relevance of your question?

The Jews killed Jesus because he called himself the Son of God according to the bible account. Muslims say it was not Jesus that was killed but someone else in his stead. Then my question is: why are muslims not telling us the reason they made an attempt on Jesus life rather than insisting he was not killed and that allah rescued him?

1 Like

Re: Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? by Confirmer(m): 2:03pm On Jul 15, 2015
truthman2012:

Did you find out why John the Baptist was killed?

Mat. 14:1-5:
At that time Herod, the
ruler of Galilee, heard the
reports about Jesus. So
he said to his servants,
“Jesus is John the Baptist,
who has risen from the
dead. That is why he can
work these miracles.”

Sometime before this,
Herod had arrested John,
tied him up, and put him
into prison. Herod did this
because of Herodias, who
had been the wife of
Philip, Herod’s brother.
John had been telling
Herod, “It is not lawful for
you to be married to
Herodias.” Herod wanted
to kill John, but he was
afraid of the people,
because they believed John
was a prophet.

John the Baptist was killed because he told Herod the king not to marry Herodias. Different prophets were killed for different reasons.
I have already stated the reason they wanted to kill Jesus.
Re: Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? by PastorKun(m): 2:16pm On Jul 15, 2015
truthman2012:

The Jews killed Jesus because he called himself the Son of God according to the bible account. Muslims say it was not Jesus that was killed but someone else in his stead. Then my question is: why are muslims not telling us the reason they made an attempt on Jesus life rather than insisting he was not killed and that allah rescued him?

So much confusion and contradiction in islam undecided

3 Likes

Re: Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? by truthman2012(m): 2:18pm On Jul 15, 2015
Confirmer:
I have already stated the reason they wanted to kill Jesus.
I think you can see the reason for killing Jesus as recorded in the bible.
What is the source of your own information.
Re: Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? by truthman2012(m): 2:23pm On Jul 15, 2015
PastorKun:

Yes, pastor.

The Devil is a deceiver.

Why couldn't Allah state the reason the Jews wanted to kill Jesus before his so-called rescue?
Re: Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 15, 2015
truthman2012:

Yes, pastor.

The Devil is a deceiver.

Why couldn't Allah state the reason the Jews wanted to kill Jesus before his so-called rescue?

Allah aka mohamed could not state his reasons because he was an illiterate and his knowledge of Jesus was based on hearsay from fellow illiterates. That explains why there is so much confusion and contradiction in the quoran.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? by truthman2012(m): 4:14pm On Jul 15, 2015
Jagoon:

Allah aka mohamed could not state his reasons because he was an illiterate and his knowledge of Jesus was based on hearsay from fellow illiterates. That explains why there is so much confusion and contradiction in the quoran.

I want to differ a bit from your opinion. Muslims say the quran is the word of allah and hadiths the words and deed of Muhammad. If the quran is truly allah's words, one expects him (allah) to mention the reason the Jews planned to kill Jesus before he rescued him if he was not hiding something.
Re: Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? by resultcase(m): 4:20pm On Jul 15, 2015
PastorKun:

If only you've ever dedicated 6 hours of your life to study what it preaches.....

The Muslims always study the bible and the religion of Christianity and never scared to do so. In fact you'll find different versions of the bible at my house, and I understood every bit of what they teaches, I even asked questions (From my Neighbor Christians/Pastors) when I dont understand. The big questions now is; Why are the Christians scared of reading the Qu'ran or study Islam?

Dont tell me its written in Arabic! The original bible wasnt written in English either.

All most of you do is condemn Islam after hearing stories from your pastor who heard from a pastor that heard from a pastor! and so on.... Its so pathetic!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? by truthman2012(m): 4:37pm On Jul 15, 2015
resultcase:

If only you've ever dedicated 6 hours of your life to study what it preaches.....

The Muslims always study the bible and the religion of Christianity and never scared to do so. In fact you'll find different versions of the bible at my house, and I understood every bit of what they teaches, I even asked questions (From my Neighbor Christians/Pastors) when I dont understand. The big questions now is; Why are the Christians scared of reading the Qu'ran or study Islam?

Dont tell me its written in Arabic! The original bible wasnt written in English either.

All most of you do is condemn Islam after hearing stories from your pastor who heard from a pastor that heard from a pastor! and so on.... Its so pathetic!!!

No, you are dead wrong. I study both the quran and hadiths. In fact I bought a copy of quran sometime around 1980. I read hadiths on hadithcollection.com

My friend, what is your response to the OP?

1 Like

Re: Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? by Demmzy15(m): 4:47pm On Jul 15, 2015
truthman2012:

No, you are dead wrong. I study both the quran and hadiths. In fact I bought a copy of quran sometime around 1980. I read hadiths on hadithcollection.com
Old man what of answering-islam.org, Matt Slick, Craig Winn?! undecided

My friend, what is your response to OP?
Re: Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? by truthman2012(m): 5:07pm On Jul 15, 2015
Demmzy15:

Old man what of answering-islam.org, Matt Slick, Craig Winn?! undecided

Off point!

It seems you muslims have no answers to the questions raised in the OP.

If you have no answers, it shows muslims are under deception. You will be inexcuseable before God as the truth has been made known to you. The need for spreading the Gospel is for people to accept Jesus and if they don't they will have no excuse on judgement day.
Re: Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? by Demmzy15(m): 5:10pm On Jul 15, 2015
truthman2012:

[s]Off point!

It seems you muslims have no answers to the questions raised in the OP.

If you have no answers, it shows muslims are under deception. You will be inexcuseable before God as the truth has been made known to you. The need for spreading the Gospel is to make people have no excuse on judgement day.[/s]
[size=18pt]#ChristainsStopTakiyyahNow[/size]
Re: Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jul 15, 2015
truthman2012:

I want to differ a bit from your opinion. Muslims say the quran is the word of allah and hadiths the words and deed of Muhammad. If the quran is truly allah's words, one expects him (allah) to mention the reason the Jews planned to kill Jesus before he rescued him if he was not hiding something.

Bros Abeg allah is mohamed's alter ego or at best a demon sent by satan to lead men into destruction.
Re: Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? by truthman2012(m): 5:17pm On Jul 15, 2015
Demmzy15:
[size=18pt]#ChristainsStopTakiyyahNow[/size]
No wonder islam/muslims know not the reason why the Jews wanted Jesus killed.
Why did allah leave muslims in the dark if not to deceive them?
Re: Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 15, 2015
resultcase:

Abeg stop saying what you don't we have studied the quoran and that is what convinces us that such a vile book that inspires violence and hatred can never be from God. Also the life of mohamed and the example he gave was that of an evil narcissist villain, such a terrible character cannot possible be a prophet of God. I don't know but I am certain your morals are a thousand times better than that of mohammed who lived a pathetic evil life full of hatred.

4 Likes

Re: Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? by Demmzy15(m): 5:25pm On Jul 15, 2015
truthman2012:

[s]No wonder islam/muslims know not the reason why the Jews wanted Jesus killed.

Why did allah leave muslims in the dark if not to deceive them?[/s]

Al TAKKIYAH alert! tongue

1 Like

Re: Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? by truthman2012(m): 5:28pm On Jul 15, 2015
Jagoon:

Bros Abeg allah is mohamed's alter ego or at best a demon sent by satan to lead men into destruction.

Yes, satan disguised as Allah and also as Gabriel to introduce islam.

The bible says: And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness to ALL NATIONS and then SHALL THE END COME (Mat. 24:14).

God's plan is that Jesus Gospel should be preached till the end of the world, therefore who sent Muhammad to bring islam?

2 Likes

Re: Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? by truthman2012(m): 5:43pm On Jul 15, 2015
Demmzy15:

Al TAKKIYAH alert! tongue

The earlier you stop yielding to satanic deception the better for your soul.

Don't you wonder why allah was silent or rather was unable to say why they wanted Jesus killed? He was hiding something, I tell you the truth.
Re: Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? by Demmzy15(m): 6:10pm On Jul 15, 2015
truthman2012:

The earlier you stop yielding to satanic deception the better for your soul.

Don't you wonder why allah was silent or rather was unable to say why they wanted Jesus killed? He was hiding something, I tell you the truth.
Al TAKKIYAH stop mentioning me jor grin
Re: Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? by truthman2012(m): 6:30pm On Jul 15, 2015
Demmzy15:

Al TAKKIYAH stop mentioning me jor grin

We have no such word as al takkiyah in Christianity but islam. Everything about Jesus is the TRUTH.

3 Likes

Re: Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? by kestolove95(m): 6:36pm On Jul 15, 2015
truthman2012:

who killed jesus? jews who are jews isrealites whats dia religion xtianity...so what u talking abt
Re: Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? by Confirmer(m): 7:06pm On Jul 15, 2015
truthman2012:

I think you can see the reason for killing Jesus as recorded in the bible.

What is the source of your own information.
The reason for killing Jesus even in the bible was because he was trying to change the mosaic laws. We have discussed this extensively in another thread.
Re: Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? by truthman2012(m): 7:16pm On Jul 15, 2015
kestolove95:
who killed jesus? jews who are jews isrealites whats dia religion xtianity...so what u talking abt

Jews are not the same as Christians. Jews practice Judaism while Christians practice Christianity.
Re: Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? by truthman2012(m): 7:21pm On Jul 15, 2015
Confirmer:

The reason for killing Jesus even in the bible was because he was trying to change the mosaic laws. We have discussed this extensively in another thread.

The bible states in no ambiguous term that they killed Jesus for calling himself the Son of God. Therefore, whatever your conclusion in your extensive discussions, if it didn't tally with that, it was your personal opinions, unbiblical.
Re: Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? by Demmzy15(m): 7:52pm On Jul 15, 2015
truthman2012:

We have no such word as al takkiyah in Christianity but islam. Everything about Jesus is the TRUTH.
It's doesn't have to be in the Bible! Paul practiced it na grin
Re: Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? by truthman2012(m): 8:20pm On Jul 15, 2015
Demmzy15:

It's doesn't have to be in the Bible! Paul practiced it na grin

That is your own misunderstanding of Paul's words and intentions.

Anyway, that is diversionary. The real issue is allah's deliberate silence on why they wanted to kill Jesus or on the allegation levelled against him. If he had said it as it is pointblank, there would have been nothing called islam today. That means islam exists by its god hiding an important truth about Jesus.
Re: Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jul 15, 2015
Islam is just a weapon SATAN used to pollute the world by using Muhammad, a religion that was established through blood shedding and terrorism, Imaging this world without ISLAM, how peaceful it would have be, free from boko haram, al SHABAB, all queida, Islamic colt, hamas, Hezbollah, Taliban ,Islamic jihad, Muhammad just copied the bible with sole aim denying that Jesus died for the sins of world, that through his blood mankind was reconciled with God, he denied the only son of God. He encouraged muslims to do JUJU and VUDou that it is not a bad thing, married up to 13 wife's including a 9 year old child,orders his followed to kill in name of jihad with 72 virgins waiting for them in heaven.

1 Like

Re: Muslims: Why The Attempt To Kill Jesus? by malvisguy212: 10:00pm On Jul 15, 2015
kestolove95:
off point.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Don't Envy Others! Don't Inflate Prices! Don't Hate... / Major Sins(Al-kabirah) In Islam and Repentance / Ruling On Aborting A Pregnancy In The Early Stages In Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.