Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,375 members, 7,800,753 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:46 AM

Top Ten Most Popular Nigerian Dance Styles And The Originator. - Entertainment (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Top Ten Most Popular Nigerian Dance Styles And The Originator. (87619 Views)

Fabulous Dance Styles You Cannot Miss To Watch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Ten Most Popular Nigerian Dance Styles And The Originator. by chukkystar(m): 8:32pm On Jul 15, 2015
Alingo was not a hit ooo, na only P Square sabi dance dat thing, it was too hard for peeps to learn
Re: Top Ten Most Popular Nigerian Dance Styles And The Originator. by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jul 15, 2015
Lacomus:
No be Iyanya get Kukere oo na Calabar get am, d guy helped made it popular though.

read d kukere part again.DAT was what I said
Re: Top Ten Most Popular Nigerian Dance Styles And The Originator. by Chamboor(m): 8:34pm On Jul 15, 2015
Mr man,get ur fact right. Dre san is d Originator of SHoki n produce in AGEGE
I fil sue you on top dis matter sef cos I rep agege
Even orezi mk mention of agege in his track.
Re: Top Ten Most Popular Nigerian Dance Styles And The Originator. by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jul 15, 2015
chukkystar:
Alingo was not a heat ooo, na only P Square sabi dance dat thing, it was too hard for peeps to learn

lol abi o wen person no dey break
Re: Top Ten Most Popular Nigerian Dance Styles And The Originator. by Godswillwiz(m): 8:35pm On Jul 15, 2015
omoadeleye:
op where you commot from na? your thread is not educative. cause you didnt perform research for this your write up. what do you mean abt lil kesh owning shoki? or wizkid popularizing the azonto dance you must be kidding me.
fuse OdG from ghana popularized it

3 Likes

Re: Top Ten Most Popular Nigerian Dance Styles And The Originator. by emeka1101: 8:36pm On Jul 15, 2015
Iamsynord:
To get a hit song is no joke. The chance to get a Hit song is increased if a dance step comes with it.Here are the Top ten most popular and widely accepted dance steps in. Nigeria and their originator ( Artist).

In no particular order

1) Azonto( Wizkid)- Though azonto was created in Ghana .Wizkid popularized it.Then the Dance went viral.The dance also had a kind of beat.which went viral has well. Azonto.Azonto.Some pple had a 2 1 in Azonto dance wen it came out then.Nollywood didnt slack as they released Azonto babes part 1- 4.Many other artistes released azonto themed Songs afterwards.

2) Galala(Daddy Showkey) Many have credited Daddy Showkey as The Galala Creator .Some say its Father U turn .However,one thing we know is that it is synonymous with Reggae Music..

3) SuO ( Danfo drivers/Marvelous Benji) - Remember SU0.Many claim it was Created by Marvelous benji but i remember in Danfo drivers song where They said " I am a Danfo driver , SUO,sebi u be danfo ..

4) Yahooze ( Olu Maintain ) -If i hammer,first thing na..Dat one is left for u to decide but Olu maintain yahooze was a mega hit as it came with the Yahooze dance. Oya karmakazee on d Kentro level .

5) Alanta ( ArtQuake) - Open your eyes as if you wan..ArtQuake came thru with Alanta Dance which became a hit and got many people behaving like possessed.. lol let me stop here

6) Skelewu ( Davido) - Davido Skelewu became a Mega hit .He shot 2 videos for the additive song which also came with a dance. however,Dammy krane laid claim as Many critics claimed it resembled d artist Gbetiti dance.. Skelewu was d known one sha..

7) Kukere ( Iyanya) - After doing RnB and i love you baby ,i like u songs in his first album and he didnt blow.Iyanya had to do something . Kukere clicked the right buttons and launched the Etighi Dance which is a dance from where he hails from..Though another artist released etighi,iyanya kukere is d most recognized.

cool Sekem ( Mc galaxy) -Oya Sekem one hand for your waist ..This was one of d favourite songs of Mama Peace.MC Galaxy assisted by Tspize d producer made d song a hit and the dance went viral.

9) Bobo ( Djenimoney/Olamide) - Talo fa Bobo.Consistent Hit maker Olamide made a Massive hit from The Song Shakititi bobo which came with a nice dance.The dance went viral after .Though an upcoming artiste claimed Olamide stole his own Yobo dance.Bobo is still d most popular and accepted..

10) Shoki ( Lil kesh / Orezi) -Shoki.shoki is one of the most danced dance style in Nigeria. Be like say it goes with every song.The originator is disputed. But The battle is between Lil Kesh and Orezi..

notable mentions

Alingo by Psquare
Makossa by Awilo longomba
Awor By Kcee,Harrysong,iyanya
Gbetiti- Dammy krane
ijo Oloti- Omo Akin
Gangnam style PSY

Which is Your Favourite and the one you are good at

Compiled and written by Iamsynord
Azonto is a Ghanaian dance made popular by Ghanaians.

3 Likes

Re: Top Ten Most Popular Nigerian Dance Styles And The Originator. by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 15, 2015
Chamboor:
Mr man,get ur fact right. Dre san is d Originator of SHoki n produce in AGEGE
I fil sue you on top dis matter sef cos I rep agege
Even orezi mk mention of agege in his track.

ogbeni .I don hear.Who made Shoki popular.That is what the list is based on.?? who sabi dresan shoki

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Most Popular Nigerian Dance Styles And The Originator. by Nickymezor(f): 8:37pm On Jul 15, 2015
Sekem n Kukere all da way
Re: Top Ten Most Popular Nigerian Dance Styles And The Originator. by obontami: 8:39pm On Jul 15, 2015
kilode100/dickrider come out of your cave and tell us the kind of dance you love most
Re: Top Ten Most Popular Nigerian Dance Styles And The Originator. by Yasirarafat: 8:39pm On Jul 15, 2015
Shoki and Shakiti bobo
Re: Top Ten Most Popular Nigerian Dance Styles And The Originator. by Chibuhealth(f): 8:41pm On Jul 15, 2015
Freemanan:
Nne PLEASE don't do this... Biko
lmao. Are they not dance step?
Re: Top Ten Most Popular Nigerian Dance Styles And The Originator. by kilode100(f): 8:45pm On Jul 15, 2015
obontami:
kilode100/dickrider come out of your cave and tell us the kind of dance you love most

Dirty dancing.

Obomi, kiss kiss kiss

3 Likes

Re: Top Ten Most Popular Nigerian Dance Styles And The Originator. by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jul 15, 2015
blacq2009:
Azonto is a ghanaian dance originated by Sarkodie. Stop misleading your readers

Sarkodie? You meant 'fuse odg' right?

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Most Popular Nigerian Dance Styles And The Originator. by mainman7(m): 8:50pm On Jul 15, 2015
Chibuhealth:
The list is not complete without mkpokiti Umunze of Anambra state and Egwu udubonchi of Enugu state.

Lolz... flaathead nyamiri smellos, must you ALWAYS feel left behind, cheated and maginalized?! You brought ur myopic tribalism and shallow-mindedness up into this lovely thread again! Inferiority complex at it worst, now I know this is what u strive so hard to cover up by always trying to ridicule the Great Yorubas. What's igbo people's problem for crying out loud! In every hood, u folks hold shu-shu meeting like u r kind of endangered species. Indeed, u igbos r endangered, sad souls that can never understand why Yorubas are so much a happy and contented people. Even though we don't brag like u till u've forced us, all that you've ever dreamt of achieving and becoming the Yorubas have done and moved Millions of Light years far ahead of u senseless igbos. Envy go soon kill all of una. Thunder fire your whole generation.

Yorubas setting the pace for igbos since 6500BC. Some senseless chest-beating flat-heads Nyamiri dunces who deceitfully claim to be the wisest and most enterprising yet, Jim Ovie (an igbo man) rightly observed that igbos can't boast of having Great Inter-continental industrialists and Mega-Billionaires like Femi Otedola, Mike Adenuga, Mrs Alakija (The current richest Black Woman in the world, google it) and many more Yorubas. Even the North has the likes of Dangote etc... NO igbo is even among the first 5 richest in Nigerian let alone in the world! He also rightly observed in his popular article that their is no igbo man among the Mega Super-Rich Pastors, Versatile Politicians, Super wealthy Industrialists, Academic Icons, etc... what are igbos proud of self?!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Ten Most Popular Nigerian Dance Styles And The Originator. by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jul 15, 2015
Iamsynord:
Am also an artist myself by the Name Synord

You can also listen to one of My own songs "
Otubante
" .I promise you won't waste your mb or regret downloading it.

Your critic and View of d Song will be highly
appreciated. Download here

https://my.notjustok.com/track/18462/otubante-synord

Can we talk business on whatsapp?

You can follow on twitter @Iamsynord IG @Synordoflife

thank you so much for your support

Here are some reviews of the song
Re: Top Ten Most Popular Nigerian Dance Styles And The Originator. by blacq2009(m): 8:54pm On Jul 15, 2015
iwakolewa:

Sarkodie? You meant 'fuse odg' right?
Na. Fuse ODG copied it from Sarkodie.
Re: Top Ten Most Popular Nigerian Dance Styles And The Originator. by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jul 15, 2015
Chibuhealth:
lmao. Are they not dance step?
WE know... but WE want to keep it on a low key...

Ihatago?
Re: Top Ten Most Popular Nigerian Dance Styles And The Originator. by holuwamurewa(m): 8:58pm On Jul 15, 2015
Datarush:
True though.... You can dance Alastair to any song, even worship
ahan 1500 5gb scamilolo
Re: Top Ten Most Popular Nigerian Dance Styles And The Originator. by Damminglola(f): 8:59pm On Jul 15, 2015
My favourite is Korede Bello Godwin's dance. *tongue out*

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Most Popular Nigerian Dance Styles And The Originator. by Trove(m): 9:00pm On Jul 15, 2015
Abeg ogbeni, na DRESAN (tirin gbeku) get Shoki Dance. Now he don change am to Ijo owo epo
Re: Top Ten Most Popular Nigerian Dance Styles And The Originator. by Chamboor(m): 9:02pm On Jul 15, 2015
Iamsynord:

ogbeni .I don hear.Who made Shoki popular.That is what the list is based on.?? who sabi dresan shoki

My guy abeg define ORIGINATOR?
10) Shoki ( Lil kesh / Orezi) -Shoki.shoki is one of
the most danced dance style in Nigeria. Be like say
it goes with every song.The originator is disputed.
But The battle is between Lil Kesh and Orezi.
Re: Top Ten Most Popular Nigerian Dance Styles And The Originator. by MEILYN(m): 9:05pm On Jul 15, 2015
Iamsynord:
Am also an artist myself by the Name Synord

You can also listen to one of My own songs "
Otubante
" .I promise you won't waste your mb or regret downloading it.

Your critic and View of d Song will be highly
appreciated. Download here

https://my.notjustok.com/track/18462/otubante-synord

You can follow on twitter @Iamsynord IG @Synordoflife

thank you so much for your support

Here are some reviews of the song
your song is great bro. The guy that rapped the second verse was a beast. The Yoruba rapper also tried. The beat and the chorus were awesome too. Keep it up bro...

2 Likes

Re: Top Ten Most Popular Nigerian Dance Styles And The Originator. by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jul 15, 2015
sarzwizard:

i remember my kid sis when she was in nusery school,
when we are watching N.T.A news by 10 PM
she used to dance to the tune of n.T.A
Honestly speaking, P Square, Favour, Tiwa (Trained dancers) are learners

Nursery/Primary School kids are NATURAL dancers cool grin tongue

The kids ROCK my world cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Ten Most Popular Nigerian Dance Styles And The Originator. by ruggedtimi(m): 9:13pm On Jul 15, 2015
azonto no be wizkid dance oh....d dance originated frm ghana

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Most Popular Nigerian Dance Styles And The Originator. by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jul 15, 2015
MEILYN:
your song is great bro. The guy that rapped the second verse was a beast. The Yoruba rapper also tried. The beat and the chorus were awesome too. Keep it up bro...

thanks bro.I took d Yoruba verse.!!

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Most Popular Nigerian Dance Styles And The Originator. by kenoz(m): 9:31pm On Jul 15, 2015
# Shoki ooo
Re: Top Ten Most Popular Nigerian Dance Styles And The Originator. by beckyjj(f): 9:33pm On Jul 15, 2015
I love kukere so dance :
Re: Top Ten Most Popular Nigerian Dance Styles And The Originator. by beckyjj(f): 9:34pm On Jul 15, 2015
I love kukere dance :so much
Re: Top Ten Most Popular Nigerian Dance Styles And The Originator. by Popiskid: 9:35pm On Jul 15, 2015
Shoki nd sekem is okay 4 me
Re: Top Ten Most Popular Nigerian Dance Styles And The Originator. by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jul 15, 2015
Iamsynord:
To get a hit song is no joke. The chance to get a Hit song is increased if a dance step comes with it.Here are the Top ten most popular and widely accepted dance steps in. Nigeria and their originator ( Artist).

In no particular order

1) Azonto( Wizkid)- Though azonto was created in Ghana .Wizkid popularized it.Then the Dance went viral.The dance also had a kind of beat.which went viral has well. Azonto.Azonto.Some pple had a 2 1 in Azonto dance wen it came out then.Nollywood didnt slack as they released Azonto babes part 1- 4.Many other artistes released azonto themed Songs afterwards.

2) Galala(Daddy Showkey) Many have credited Daddy Showkey as The Galala Creator .Some say its Father U turn .However,one thing we know is that it is synonymous with Reggae Music..

3) SuO ( Danfo drivers/Marvelous Benji) - Remember SU0.Many claim it was Created by Marvelous benji but i remember in Danfo drivers song where They said " I am a Danfo driver , SUO,sebi u be danfo ..

4) Yahooze ( Olu Maintain ) -If i hammer,first thing na..Dat one is left for u to decide but Olu maintain yahooze was a mega hit as it came with the Yahooze dance. Oya karmakazee on d Kentro level .

5) Alanta ( ArtQuake) - Open your eyes as if you wan..ArtQuake came thru with Alanta Dance which became a hit and got many people behaving like possessed.. lol let me stop here

6) Skelewu ( Davido) - Davido Skelewu became a Mega hit .He shot 2 videos for the additive song which also came with a dance. however,Dammy krane laid claim as Many critics claimed it resembled d artist Gbetiti dance.. Skelewu was d known one sha..

7) Kukere ( Iyanya) - After doing RnB and i love you baby ,i like u songs in his first album and he didnt blow.Iyanya had to do something . Kukere clicked the right buttons and launched the Etighi Dance which is a dance from where he hails from..Though another artist released etighi,iyanya kukere is d most recognized.

cool Sekem ( Mc galaxy) -Oya Sekem one hand for your waist ..This was one of d favourite songs of Mama Peace.MC Galaxy assisted by Tspize d producer made d song a hit and the dance went viral.

9) Bobo ( Djenimoney/Olamide) - Talo fa Bobo.Consistent Hit maker Olamide made a Massive hit from The Song Shakititi bobo which came with a nice dance.The dance went viral after .Though an upcoming artiste claimed Olamide stole his own Yobo dance.Bobo is still d most popular and accepted..

10) Shoki ( Lil kesh / Orezi) -Shoki.shoki is one of the most danced dance style in Nigeria. Be like say it goes with every song.The originator is disputed. But The battle is between Lil Kesh and Orezi..

notable mentions

Alingo by Psquare
Makossa by Awilo longomba
Awor By Kcee,Harrysong,iyanya
Gbetiti- Dammy krane
ijo Oloti- Omo Akin
Gangnam style PSY

Which is Your Favourite and the one you are good at

Compiled and written by Iamsynord
watch out for IJO ILLEGAL
Re: Top Ten Most Popular Nigerian Dance Styles And The Originator. by Tex42(m): 9:38pm On Jul 15, 2015
Op add this song to the list...

**"Egedege" by princess Theresa Onuora.
Re: Top Ten Most Popular Nigerian Dance Styles And The Originator. by Tex42(m): 9:38pm On Jul 15, 2015
Op add this song to the list...

**"Egedege" by princess Theresa Onuora.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Women Dancing At A Night Club In Yaba, Lagos In 1967 (Throwback Photo) / Woman Sets Her Private-Parts On Fire At A Dance Competition / Kenya Bans 'Kwara Kwara' Dance For "Increasing Immorality, Teenage Pregnancy"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.