Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,327 members, 7,808,102 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:16 AM

TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. (104252 Views)

Senate Slashes Number Of TV Stations Covering Plenaries / Those Who Stole From Nigeria Have Newspapers, Radio & TV Stations - Lai Mohammed / Watch The Video In Which TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by ugogermany: 12:06am On Jul 16, 2015
U they, mind them. Many of una no dey reason fine again, that why him hold una like nama!

1 Like

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Khd95(m): 12:07am On Jul 16, 2015
justified19:
na buhari turn...we all criticized patience. but I think dis is worse, patience didnt even need an interpreter. dats change

Remember we are talking. Abt accent here nt grammatical blunder....

Yh she didn't nid an interpreter bt a home tutor....

Her grammatical blunder coild raise a tsunami grin

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by NobleG1(m): 12:07am On Jul 16, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
Imagine the President of Nigeria, Africa's most populated country, Africa's biggest economy now needs English interpreter to interpret his spoken English language.

They do it because Hausa/Fulani English accent is crap! It's sometimes difficult for ordinary Nigerians to understand. I wonder how terrible and confusing it'll sound to Americans when he travels to meet Obama.

Any Hausa/Fulani who has a good English accent wasn't born or bred in the North.

I know a Fulani guy who was born and bred in Umuahia, Abia State, by his Fulani parents. He speaks Igbo and English like ọnye Igbo. The only visible difference between him and a real Igbo guy is his tribal marks.

Igbos and Yorubas have good and coherent English accent.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Excellentmind: 12:07am On Jul 16, 2015
Illiterate president that pronounces English word in daura tone

3 Likes

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by IYANGBALI: 12:08am On Jul 16, 2015
Dharniel:
Not a big deal. I think you should listen to Vladimir Putin the president of Russia or Kim Jong-un the president of North Korea when they speak or give public addresses, then you'll know buhari's english is better. The fact that buhari has a poor accent doesn't mean he can't speak good english.
PDP followers just be hating on buhari anyhow.

Ride on baba.
#sai_buhari...
pls ignore those foooools,let dem keep hating,baba will rule dem for 8 good years and they don't have a choice

1 Like

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by adedayourt(m): 12:08am On Jul 16, 2015
Judolisco:
guy go nd sleep

Alright brov, but bottom line iz try nd be guided in ur choice of english nxt tym. No hard tackling jus being brodaly
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Nobody: 12:08am On Jul 16, 2015
HIPROFILE:

How could you see anything wrong with that Meanwhile u made lots of joke from PEJ gramer and its errors

buhari has a poor accent while PEJ was always shelling on a steady basis...
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by christinie(f): 12:10am On Jul 16, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
Imagine the President of Nigeria, Africa's most populated country, Africa's biggest economy now needs English interpreter to interpret his spoken English language.
One chance

one chance

1 Like

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by ugogermany: 12:10am On Jul 16, 2015
Its better to look for an interpreter for him, english grammar u no sa bi simple; u no say bi, even pigin that wan na the worst!

1 Like

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by ugogermany: 12:11am On Jul 16, 2015
Its a shame!

1 Like

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Nobody: 12:11am On Jul 16, 2015
with all d english Jona speak we still have bad roads,epileptic power supply,poor education systems anf muchore..........abegi all u haters shld jst swerve
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Aspiregreat: 12:12am On Jul 16, 2015
Naija had voted... angry

Its unacceptable....

1 Like

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by ugogermany: 12:12am On Jul 16, 2015
No, they think say; we bi nama!
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by christinie(f): 12:13am On Jul 16, 2015
And some APC mugus were busy dissing Mummy Peace.

1 Like

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by isacolukay(m): 12:14am On Jul 16, 2015
Oyind17:
Phockery leave our President alone, let him move the country forward, English is not his mother's tongue.

Bae, u just forget me!
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by wexyee: 12:14am On Jul 16, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

Abeg go and sit down, how can he move the country forward when he can not move his tongue properly.
e-diot at it again
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Johnnoo(m): 12:15am On Jul 16, 2015
Oyind17:

Phockery leave our President alone, let him move the country forward, English is not his mother's tongue.

Like...seriously

1 Like

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Excellentmind: 12:15am On Jul 16, 2015
Nwaoke daura

1 Like

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Nobody: 12:16am On Jul 16, 2015
Dharniel:
Not a big deal. I think you should listen to Vladimir Putin the president of Russia or Kim Jong-un the president of North Korea when they speak or give public addresses, then you'll know buhari's english is better. The fact that buhari has a poor accent doesn't mean he can't speak good english.

Ride on baba.
#sai_buhari...

Do Vladimir Putin's country and Kim Jong-Un's countries have their official languages as English like Nigeria?

If your brainless presido cannot communicate effectively in the official language of his country, then it means we have a big problem! Stop exhibiting the traits of a Dullardd like President Brainless in a bid to defend him except you don't have a certificate too.

1 Like

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by ULSHERLAN(m): 12:17am On Jul 16, 2015
Clitoris777:
When you have an illiterate, terrorist and paedophile as president

Even with ur moniker u can call someome a paedophile
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by hitleraldof(m): 12:17am On Jul 16, 2015
Dharniel:

Ride on baba.
#sai_buhari...
guy pls vex not bt when did Russia or Korea have English as their official language..... just saying....

1 Like

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by vRendoh(m): 12:18am On Jul 16, 2015
[b][/b] shocked GOOD OR POOR ACCENT, WE ARE ALREADY IN THE BOAT, LETS NOT ROCK IT BUT SAIL ALONG WITH ALL SUPPORTS AND FAITH, WITH GOD WE SHALL GET THERE. NO ONE PRESIDENT OR HUMAN IS PERFECT.... shocked
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Nobody: 12:18am On Jul 16, 2015
Same people complaining about Buhari's accent are the same people who will barely understand foreign accent.

And am certain most are delinquent in phonetics as well. Not only that....this same group of people find it difficult to speak English fluently, Unable to write meaningful and logical sentences yet they be the one sitting at the rear... dissing every gear. Always quick to blame.....and filled with shame.
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Excellentmind: 12:20am On Jul 16, 2015
SAVEDBABA:
with all d english Jona speak we still have bad roads,epileptic power supply,poor education systems anf muchore..........abegi all u haters shld jst swerve

Just start snoring
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Iyoma2(f): 12:27am On Jul 16, 2015
English version: I thank those who vote en mass for Apc. Buhari version: I sank zose who boat and mess por Afiicee.

2 Likes

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by okonri(m): 12:27am On Jul 16, 2015
Dharniel:

there is something you need to understand, english is now a universal language, those countries i mentioned have their language as their primary language but they are also learning english becausd that's what the world understands generally. now buhari's primary language is also not english but he also learnt it as it has now become a neccesity to understand english. now my point is buhari, vladimir putin and kim jong-un primary languages are not english but they have their respective languages but they all have to learn english, so why castigate buhari for having a poor accent?

Seriously?

Arguments like this are the reason foreign institutions unfairly compel us to write English tests with non-English speakers before been admitted, despite that English is our national language.
Let's learn to call a spade a spade. I love our president but he needs to brush up his accent a little, not to impress anyone, but to effectively communicate our positions and policies to the rest of the world.

3 Likes

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Nobody: 12:27am On Jul 16, 2015
MOST OF THE PEOPLE ON THIS THREAD CAN'T SPEAK ENGLISH BUT PIDGIN ENGLISH,,,

THE FACT THAT HE CONTESTED AGAINST AN INCUMBENT PHD HOLDER,,, should make y'all SHUT UP,,,

WHETHER HE SPEAKS WELL OR NOT, HE REMAINS THE PRESIDENT,,, and there's nothing anybody can do about it ...
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by kheni28(m): 12:30am On Jul 16, 2015
Dharniel:

Ride on baba.
#sai_buhari...
Nice one bro
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Nobody: 12:37am On Jul 16, 2015
I see no big deal here
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by mainman7(m): 12:38am On Jul 16, 2015
igbos are the most greedy and selfish set of people I've ever see. They occupied Jonathan's regime, and were kleptomanically busy looting Nigerian's treasury. They are now Power busy screaming biafra because Power has changed hand for few years. Very inconsiderate, selfish and insatiable sad souls. They want everything to themselves alone, that was why they planned the very first blood-letting coup in January 1966, it backfired and got Millions of them killed yet they didn't learn their lesson. Search for the real History of the first coup in Nigeria on Youtube.
In every hood, u folks hold shu-shu meeting like u r kind of endangered species. Sad souls, indeed u igbos r endangered, because every body HATES incorrigibly greedy people.
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Judolisco(m): 12:38am On Jul 16, 2015
adedayourt:

Alright brov, but bottom line iz try nd be guided in ur choice of english nxt tym. No hard tackling jus being brodaly
I asked you for my mistake if I made a mistake wif my english I stand 2 b corrected
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Nobody: 12:40am On Jul 16, 2015
he has an accent and so what?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Buhari Departs Daura For Niger Republic (Photos) / Asari Dokubo Storms Abuja With His Boys To Counter NLC Protest / The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.