Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,694 members, 7,802,032 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:13 AM

Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft (12193 Views)

Adeboye, Redeemed Congress And The TB Joshua LIES / "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft by dafidixone(m): 4:38pm On Mar 17, 2009
Many people on this forum look to me like the hypocrite. For those with a car among you why don't you wait until every poor get rich before you buy your own car? Or do you think people around you will not need that money to send children to school? While you are in your car, have you not seen the less priviledges on the road sides? Why not sell off that car and impact the life of those one?

Point of correction, RCCG is a movement, Adeboye is just the G.O there are other elders for the movement. The purpose of the Aircraft is not to serve Adeboye as a person. It is for the RCCG.

When we are expressing our concern I think it is always good to address issues not sentiments. There is no crime in Adeboye as a man of God to be successful like you and I. If you have money I feel what you choose to do with your money is your own private affairs.

My question is are you bitter for Adeboye's success because you are not as successful as he is?

shallom! grin
Re: Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft by KunleOshob(m): 5:07pm On Mar 17, 2009
dafidixone:

My question is are you bitter for Adeboye's success because you are not as successful as he is?

shallom! grin

Evidently success in pentecostal churches is measured by how much money they make and not how many lives they touch as directed by christ. The bible says that by the fruits they exhibit we shall know them
Re: Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft by KunleOshob(m): 5:09pm On Mar 17, 2009
Pastor Adeboye: Buying a plane to see God
By Tunde Fagbenle, Punch newspaper, Lagos; Sunday March 15, 2009

Have you heard the news? That our pastor, Pastor Adeboye, has acquired a brand new aircraft for N4 billion? Jesus is a mighty God, a mighty God, Jesus is a m, "

"Sharaap! Are you mad? So what business of mine is that? Now you see why I am not a Christian, and certainly cannot be your kind of mumu Christian. You are hungry and jobless and you are singing praises to Jesus that your bishop has gone to buy an aircraft for 4 billion naira! I am sorry for you. Please, get out of my sight."

"Na bad belle dey worry you. Can't you see the glory of God in that? A Gulfstream 4XP aircraft, whao, that's a pleasure ride, man, I mean a pleasure fly. Our pastor is the first to buy that kind of aircraft and he didn't even borrow a kobo to buy it. Cash down. I told you, our Redeemed Christian Church of God is the biggest and best church in the world, and buying this plane has just confirmed it, he has beaten others to it. We lead; others follow. Hallelujah!"

(Shaking his head) "Are you sure you're well? So, tell me, where did your pastor get N4billion from? With that kind of money, do you know what industry he can set up to provide employment for thousands, the likes of you jobless graduates who throng his churches in droves seeking the "salvation" of a job? In a land full of poverty and deprivation, a "man of God" goes ahead collecting monies from the poor and rich, promising them the kingdom of God, and going ahead to buy such luxury aircraft. Psshhh!"

"What you fail to know in your ignorance is that that money is not just our collections, not just our tithes and offerings, it is the blessing of God. How is it possible to collect N4billion just like that if God did not bless it? It is like the miracle of the five fish and two loaves with which Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour fed five thousand people. These things are not possible except through God. Look at all the wonders that are happening to us, look at the size of our churches, look at our university, everything. And we can still buy a N4billion aircraft and you think that is done by man? You are ignorant. May God open your eyes and let you see His wonders."

"O, I see! You guys collected N4,000 and your pastor performed Jesus miracle, prayed on it and it turned to N4billion! I wonder where is the taxman. About time religion stops being the excuse for not paying taxes. I am ignorant, ehn? Well, I would rather remain so than belong to your "enlightened" group."

"So, what's your gripe, anyway? What's an ordinary N4billion aircraft when even smaller boys own bigger planes in America, and even here in Nigeria? After all, Bishop Oyedepo of Winners Chapel, also has an aircraft. But ours has beaten his own."

"So, it's a case of 'my Mercedes is bigger than yours'? Hehehe."

"Stay there. If only you know how busy our pastor is and the magnitude of the evangelism he can achieve by being able to fly all over the world at short notice and convert people and expand our size, then you wouldn't be saying the nonsense you are saying. With that plane, now you have to know that no matter the money you bring to God through our church, you know our pastor is bigger than that. You bow."

"Hmmmmm, I see. But tell me, when will you get a job, now that your bishop has bought this plane?"

"Leave that alone. What you don't know is that in the same way that God has been faithful to Bishop Adeboye and granted him his wish for this plane, so will He be faithful to the rest of us and grant our wishes. Even with this plane, how do you know it wouldn't be a means for our bishop to be able to carry our supplications to God in heaven faster?"

"O, I see. You must be right. The plane flies in the sky, and heaven is in the sky, sebi? So your pastor will literally fly in his new plane to take your supplications to God? O pari o!"

"The fool says in his heart, there is no God. Please stop being a fool. I want you in paradise with me."

"I pass. Your pastor should be enough company there."

"So, what about the N100 I asked for? I'm really hungry, man."

"N100? Hundred naira ko, hundred kobo ni. Adeboye no dey there?"
Re: Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft by mikesleek(m): 10:41pm On Mar 17, 2009
look at all you hypocrites and people pleasers, what is wrong if the baba feels he needs an aircraft, and buys one? is it your money? did he come to you and ask for a loan to buy the aircraft? abi did he defraud your father? Why would you always behave like Nigerians? the people in government that are stealing you money and amassing wealth in foreign accounts what are you all doing about it. go to saharareporters.com and see what they are using your money for and you are here criticizing the pastor, make the thing dey una left mind jare, o you generation of beefers, if u no like am, jump into the transformer and romance it,
Repo
Re: Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft by dafidixone(m): 1:34pm On Mar 18, 2009
Evidently success in pentecostal churches is measured by how much money they make and not how many lives they touch as directed by christ. The bible says that by the fruite they exhibit we shall know them

How has Jet or wealth of Man of God make you not to accept Christ. The man as far as I am concern is doing fine in all areas (Spiritual & Physical). It is the Lord's doing the early you acknowledge this the better. I am sure many of you on this forum are still wearing the Poverty mentality. You forgot that it is only God that give power to make wealth. When the man was starting up in the jungle (today RCCG Camp) he has no critics, na waoo it is true that people are naturally wicked. When you are making progress they are not happy.

Have seen any genuine man of God in lack? If God can make Solomon the Richest man in the World who told you Adeboye cannot be if God choose to do that. Remember: It is not money that the bible called the root of all evil. The bible says "LOVE of money is the root of all evil".

If at this you still want to continue singing your songs of bitterness, Orin yin ni oooooooooooooooo! Ema ko loooooo!
Efiwo sile eeeeeeeee! Eje kan ma ko loooooooooooo!, cheesy grin
Re: Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft by ikolaba: 2:20pm On Mar 18, 2009
Here is my 2 cent. In modern times, religion is the biggest form of deception. As an individual from Nigeria, I know what hardship is. Hardship, poverty, insecurity and fear of voodoo make people seek God at all cost. There is nowhere on earth where this is more prevalent other than Nigeria and guess who benefit from the people`s insecurity and mishaps. You are all right. The pastors do. Why is it that everywhere we turn to there are churches? Because people have nobody else but God. The pastors understand this and sure take advantage of it. God is the strongest weapon in the pastor’s arsenal. All our lives we have been indoctrinated never to question God or his apostles and doing so will be a "Hell fire" offence. The pastor knowing this preaches and ties everything back to God. God said do this, God said do that, God said buy this, God said build this. Worst is I got a vision from God.

Buying a private jet is totally mundane and not spiritual. Does Adeboye wants to fly to Atlanta Ga to preach to the few congregations there or he wants to fly to Saudi to preach the gospel? I  guess he can fly to Jos, and Ghana, or even better the Bahamas.

The pope actually fly Alitalia which is the national carrier of Italy. Why can the mega pastors in Nigeria fear God. The Devil might as well give the pastors the vision to buy private jets.

28 million dollars is not just for any spiritual leaders to spend on a private jet in any part of the world. If the CEO and celebs buy private jets, they do so to enjoy life and show their wealth. The CEO and celebs never justify such spending in the name of God and such purchases are not from donations or public funds. It’s from their personally earned dollars whichever way they acquire it.

The money can be spent on the congregation, build a redeem hospital, or provide welfare and the likes for members.

But considering the fact that we are all human, I don’t believe that there is any man on earth who is a man of God. We are all servants of the almighty and while most of us engage in unrighteous deeds, only God knows who serves him.

The more I think about it, the more I come to the conclusion that I will never go through any man who breath the same air I breath, eat the same food I eat, enjoy the same worldly things that we all enjoy, to reach my Creator.
Re: Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft by origina9ja(f): 3:39pm On Mar 18, 2009
ikolaba:

Here is my 2 cent. In modern times, religion is the biggest form of deception. As an individual from Nigeria, I know what hardship is. Hardship, poverty, insecurity and fear of voodoo make people seek God at all cost. There is nowhere on earth where this is more prevalent other than Nigeria and guess who benefit from the people`s insecurity and mishaps. You are all right. The pastors do. Why is it that everywhere we turn to there are churches? Because people have nobody else but God. The pastors understand this and sure take advantage of it. God is the strongest weapon in the pastor’s arsenal. All our lives we have been indoctrinated never to question God or his apostles and doing so will be a "Hell fire" offence. The pastor knowing this preaches and ties everything back to God. God said do this, God said do that, God said buy this, God said build this. Worst is I got a vision from God.

Buying a private jet is totally mundane and not spiritual. Does Adeboye wants to fly to Atlanta Ga to preach to the few congregations there or he wants to fly to Saudi to preach the gospel? I guess he can fly to Jos, and Ghana, or even better the Bahamas.
The pope actually fly Alitalia which is the national carrier of Italy. Why can the mega pastors in Nigeria fear God. The Devil might as well give the pastors the vision to buy private jets.

28 million dollars is not just for any spiritual leaders to spend on a private jet in any part of the world. If the CEO and celebs buy private jets, they do so to enjoy life and show their wealth. The CEO and celebs never justify such spending in the name of God and such purchases are not from donations or public funds. It’s from their personally earned dollars whichever way they acquire it.

The money can be spent on the congregation, build a redeem hospital, or provide welfare and the likes for members.

But considering the fact that we are all human, I don’t believe that there is any man on earth who is a man of God. We are all servants of the almighty and while most of us engage in unrighteous deeds, only God knows who serves him.
The more I think about it, the more I come to the conclusion that I will never go through any man who breath the same air I breath, eat the same food I eat, enjoy the same worldly things that we all enjoy, to reach my Creator.

i get what you mean
but we cant really conclude because we don't KNOW the real/MAIN reason behind his acquires for a N4bn aircraft so therefore we cant conclude also we don't know the man (ADABOYE) Nor the relationship that he has with GOD SO LET THAT DISCUSSION BE BETWEEN HIM AND GOD
Re: Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft by Finally: 3:48pm On Mar 18, 2009
origina9ja:

i get what you mean
but we cant really conclude because we don't KNOW the real/MAIN reason behind his acquires for a N4bn aircraft so therefore we cant conclude also we don't know the man (ADABOYE) [b]Nor the relationship that he has with GOD [/b]SO LET THAT DISCUSSION BE BETWEEN HIM AND GOD

What kind of relationship would one have with God that would require the purchase of a Jet? Am I missing something here? undecided

Does he intend to fly to heaven to talk to God? Me thinks he can do that in the comfy of his living room.
Re: Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft by KunleOshob(m): 3:53pm On Mar 18, 2009
origina9ja:

i get what you mean
but we cant really conclude because we don't KNOW the real/MAIN reason behind his acquires for a N4bn aircraft so therefore we cant conclude also we don't know the man (ADABOYE) Nor the relationship that he has with GOD SO LET THAT DISCUSSION BE BETWEEN HIM AND GOD

There can NEVER be any christian justification for acquiring a jet with church money becos the bible directs that church money is primarily meant to take care of the poor,( not even preachers). How many poor have they impacted on their lives and i don't mean handouts of a meal every now and then i mean to really up lift and improve/ change lives. The excuse they always give is that they need the Jet to spread the gospel, this is also false, how many of them actually spread the gospel to were christianity as not reached?? What most of them do is to establish churches in urban areas of were chrsitians already exist and start poaching members of other churches(redeemed is notorious for this). How many of them are really winning new souls and territories for christ. Going to preach in established churches all over europe and America is certainly not spreading the gospel. it is just church planting and church expansion with the principal aim of increasing church numbers and revenue.
Re: Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft by origina9ja(f): 4:06pm On Mar 18, 2009
Finally:

What kind of relationship would one have with God that would require the purchase of a Jet? Am I missing something here? undecided

Does he intend to fly to heaven to talk to God? Me thinks he can do that in the comfy of his living room.

you dont know what God told the man
so we cant really conclude by saying he wants the jet for his own benefit and
Re: Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft by bunmii(f): 4:11pm On Mar 18, 2009
May the God that keeps blessing Rev Adeboye bless me too
May he bless me with my own N4bn aircraft too or just give me the cash
Amen
Re: Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft by Finally: 5:18pm On Mar 18, 2009
origina9ja:

you dont know what God told the man

LOL!!! Yeah, I really dont know what God told the man.

grin
bunmii:

Amen

More Amen to that grin
Re: Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft by KunleOshob(m): 5:29pm On Mar 18, 2009
bunmii:

Amen
Please note that God did not bless Adeboye to buy a N4 billion aircraft. on the contrary church money was diverted to buy the aircraft and this is what we are complaining about.

PS: Church money biblically speaking is primarilly meant to take care of the poor and needy, even before using it to assits the workersin the vine yard.
Re: Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft by seyenko(m): 6:23pm On Mar 18, 2009
I now know why the black race can never be successful, he has black moral values, black value system a very dark and sinister approach of doing thing.
N4B will have built a world class primary health system for nigeria, a N4B investment into redeemers university will have put at least one nigerian university into global reckoning. A N4B investment in agriculture will alleviate and reduce the food insecurity of the country. But what did a black man do? He bought himself a Jet to fly to where? and for what purposes? I really wonder. People like this make me thing Michael Jackson was right to bleach his skin, but the likes of Obama give me a lot of hope. Very shameful and disgraceful purchase cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft by bunmii(f): 6:28pm On Mar 18, 2009
KunleOshob:

Please note that God did not bless Adeboye to buy a N4 billion aircraft. on the contrary church money was diverted to buy the aircraft and this is what we are complaining about.

PS: Church money biblically speaking is primarilly meant to take care of the poor and needy, even before using it to assits the workersin the vine yard.

Whatever he did is between him and his God.
None of my business.
I don't have a kobo in the N4bn aircraft.
I am sure the church people paying the tithe and offerings are adults and not complaining, then who am i to complain.
Leave well enough alone
Re: Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft by Mowire: 6:58pm On Mar 18, 2009
I see madness on this post! angry
I read the origina newspaper report of the purchase of the aircraft. There was nowhere in that report that it was stated that "Pastor Adeboye Acquired" the aicraft. There are obviously very many stupid posters in this forum who want to blindly twist a report.

RCCG acquired the aircraft not Pastor Adeboye. People should learn to tell themselves the truth. No matter the reservation we may have about a church that still has so many poor people in its fold acquiring a 4b naira aircraft it should not be used to single out Pastor Adeboye for villifying.
Re: Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft by KunleOshob(m): 12:22pm On Mar 19, 2009
Mowire:

I see madness on this post! angry
I read the origina newspaper report of the purchase of the aircraft. There was nowhere in that report that it was stated that "Pastor Adeboye Acquired" the aicraft. There are obviously very many stupid posters in this forum who want to blindly twist a report.

RCCG acquired the aircraft not Pastor Adeboye. People should learn to tell themselves the truth. No matter the reservation we may have about a church that still has so many poor people in its fold acquiring a 4b naira aircraft it should not be used to single out Pastor Adeboye for villifying.

Adeboye is the head of RCCG and as such he has to take responsibility for their actions. There is no way RCCG could have bought the jet without Adeboye's approval or directive
Re: Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft by origina9ja(f): 1:49pm On Mar 20, 2009
but no be your money na
wettin be your own sef
N4bn for God works is not too much
haba
Re: Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft by KunleOshob(m): 2:24pm On Mar 20, 2009
origina9ja:

but no be your money na
Neither is it Adeboye's money. Or the contrary the money belongs to the body of christ(church) of which i am an integral part. Christ directed that the money be spent on the poor and needy, so as i christian if i see christian brethen flouting his instructions and diverting the money for their own selfish desires and comfort as a soldier of christ i ought to act against it.

origina9ja:

wettin be your own sef
haba

Point of correction the money is NOT being used for God's work, it is being used for the flamboyant and unjustifiable lifestyle of one man, whilst the millions of people the money is meant for are wallowing in poverty.
Re: Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft by papagiddy(m): 6:54pm On Mar 20, 2009
well, all i will say to all who dont know is that it is not Adeboye s property. the fact that he is the head of the church is another thing. Am not sure he has that money. the jet belong to RCCG. not Adeboye ok?
church has always be known from History to be channel of civilization. check this out!, i mean in those days it use to be church motor bike, church car, church buses. BUT NOW! what do you expect to see church JETS of course
may God bless Pastor Adeboye, he is a light and a shinning example of a good leader. he is a father and will contnue to be MY father, he will not fall in Jesus name, he will not miss heaven in jesue amen
NOW, to all the emeies of the Gospel, may never see success in all ur labours in Jesus. Just keep fightin the gospel ok? YOU HAVE NOT seen anything yet, not only will RCCG buyin a jet, prophet Abiara will soon land his own, Rev DR Ademola Ishola,prophet TB JOSHUA,pastor chris oyakhlome,pastor Chris okotie,oyedepo, samson Ayorinde,Gbile AKANNI, Bishop mike okonkwo,pasr orisajafor,etc.to If not the church then who do want to is it NASFAT that u want or YOUMBAS islamic society??
pls stop disgracing the ministers of God in this trend. Dont allow all those RAG Heads to insults the church and the minsters, let God judge those who are not ok among them!
Re: Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft by mikesleek(m): 12:45am On Mar 21, 2009
you fools! adeboye donated 200million naira of his personal money to redeemers university development project. He has the money, abi is the money your own? Do you know how many people sow into his life on a daily basis. just go and pray for God divine touch on your life and stop complaining on nairaland you lazy fools.
Re: Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft by REALTRUTH1: 1:50am On Mar 21, 2009
mikesleek:

you fools! adeboye donated 200million naira of his personal money to redeemers university development project. He has the money, abi is the money your own? Do you know how many people sow into his life on a daily basis. just go and pray for God divine touch on your life and stop complaining on nairaland you lazy fools.
Can you read through what you wrote.I know speak in tongues,go to holy ghost congress, know everything about ur pastor and very close to him to know how much he is worth,,,,,you calling people here fools!!! The language you used here is worst than MouthAction!!
Re: Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft by Mowire: 5:50pm On Mar 21, 2009
REAL TRUTH:

, I know speak in tongues,go to holy ghost congress, know everything about ur pastor and very close to him to know how much he is worth

So what's the gist. Any insight relevant to the thread in that claim?
Re: Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft by anonimi: 6:04pm On Mar 21, 2009
If a man extorts money from the gullible public, he becomes subject to public scrutiny whether he claims to be a man of god or not!

I hope you will patiently & thoughtfully go through the drama sketch below to the end:
-----------

As a sequel to my previous posts about the the mis-information being preached in our churches about tithesI hereby present a court scenario in which the good pastor stands before the Great Judge of all the earth, the Lord Jesus Christ, on this subject. I came across this post when i checked on a link supplied by one of the contributors to a previous thread. Enjoy the conversation:

Jesus: Enoch, you have been charged with multiple counts of extortion. Your crime spree covers 20 years and thousands of victims. You have defrauded people out of their money with fear and manipulation, telling them they had to tithe 10% of their income to your church and that God would bless them if they did. You also told them that if they didn’t tithe they would go to hell. How do you plead?

Pastor Enoch: I plead not guilty, sir. I have done nothing wrong. I have only preached what the Bible says. In the Bible Abraham tithed to Melchizedek and God blessed him for his faithful giving. The Bible even says he was rich in silver and gold.

Jesus: Is it not true, Enoch, that in Genesis chapter 13 verse 2 the Bible says Abraham was rich with livestock, silver and gold?

Pastor Enoch: Yes, you are exactly right, that’s what I just told you.

Jesus: Ok, we read about Abraham being a rich man in chapter 13. But it is not until Genesis chapter 14 that we read about Abraham’s tithe to Melchizedek. So Abraham was already a rich man before he tithed to Melchizedek, wasn’t he?

Pastor Enoch: Yes, I suppose you are right.

Jesus: So his riches were not the result of his tithe to Melchizedek?

Pastor Enoch: No.

Jesus: Enoch, you also say God blessed him for his faithful giving. How many times is it recorded that Abraham gave tithes to Melchizedek?

Pastor Enoch: Well, just once.

Jesus: So the Bible never said that he gave week after week?

Pastor Enoch: No it does not.

Jesus: Where did Abraham get the things that he gave to Melchizedek?

Pastor Enoch: Well, the Bible says it was from the plunders of war?

Jesus: So you are telling me that he gave from the plunders of war?

Pastor Enoch: Yes that’s what the Bible says.

Jesus: So he basically took things that were not really his in the first place and gave them as the tithe?

Pastor Enoch: That is what the scripture seems to indicate.

Jesus: Is it recorded that he ever took anything from his own possessions and tithed them to Melchizedek or anyone else?

Pastor Enoch: I guess not

Jesus: You guess not! You pastor one of the largest denominations and you are only guessing? Is it or is it not written that he ever gave any of his own possessions as a tithe to anyone?

Pastor Enoch: No; it is not written anywhere that I have seen.

Jesus: Is it recorded as to what exactly Abraham did give Melchizedek?

Pastor Enoch: I believe it says plunder?

Jesus: So plunder could be any number of things?

Pastor Enoch: Yes, I suppose

Judge: It could have been food, cattle, sheep, the people’s possessions or any number of things. It does not say it was all money correct?

Pastor Enoch: Yes; sir. You are correct; it does not say just money.

Jesus: As a matter of fact, money is never mentioned in that account at all; is that correct, Enoch?

Pastor Enoch: Yes, sir; money is never mentioned; just goods and food and people.

Jesus: So there is no way you can say with any certainty that Abraham in fact gave Melchizedek any money at all?

Pastor Enoch: That is right.

Jesus: I only have one last question for you, Enoch. Did God command Abraham to give this plunder as tithe to Melchizedek?

Pastor Enoch: No; it appears that he did this voluntarily.

Jesus: So are you trying to tell me that because of this voluntary, one time gift by Abraham, that may not have even consisted of money, all Christians everywhere are obligated to bring 10% of their weekly paycheck to a local church?

Jesus: Considering all the evidence, I would say you are beyond any shadow of a doubt guilty of deliberately trying to make the scriptures says things they have not said for financial gain.

Pastor Enoch: Sir, I can see how foolish I was to try and use the story of Melchizedeck to try and get the people to tithe money. But there are many other verses that will support my belief on tithing. Jacob said he would give God 10% of everything. I think we should follow his example.

Jesus: Let’s see what Jacob said. Please read the verse you are talking about for me, Enoch.

Pastor Enoch: In Genesis chapter 28, starting at verse 20 it says, ‘Jacob vowed a vow, saying, “If God will be with me, and will keep me in this way that I go, and will give me bread to eat, and clothing to put on, so that I come again to my father’s house in peace, and Yahweh will be my God, then this stone, which I have set up for a pillar, will be God’s house. Of all that you will give me I will surely give the tenth to you.”‘

Jesus: You said people should follow Jacobs’s example, is that right, Enoch?

Pastor Enoch: Yes; that is right. He vowed to give a tenth and we should too.

Jesus: Let me point out one thing for you, Enoch. Jacob said he would Give God a tenth, ONLY if He blessed him first. So as you said previously, we should follow Jacob’s example and tell God that we will only give him a tenth if he blesses us first. Is that right?

Pastor Enoch: That is not what I meant.

Jesus: What did you mean then?

Pastor Enoch: That we should give God a tenth also.

Jesus: There you go again, trying to make the scripture say what you want it to say for your benefit. I would also like you to tell me the scriptures that say that Jacob kept his vow with God. I would also like to know where he gave the tenth to because there was no temple or levites to give it to at that time.

Pastor Enoch: I can not think of any scriptures that say where or if he ever tithed after his vow.

Jesus: It is obvious that Jacob made a voluntary and conditional vow to God. This in no way can be used as a reason to demand others to bring their income to you or any other place.

Pastor Enoch: I do have a few more scriptures that I believe will show that we are supposed to tithe.

Jesus: So far, all you have done is taken scripture and misapplied it to your beliefs and for your gain. But in order to be fair to you I will allow you to present more evidence.

Pastor Enoch: In the book of Malachi chapter 3 starting at verse 8 it says, “Will a man rob God? yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, In what have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation. Bring ye all the tithes into the store-house, that there may be food in my house, and prove me now with this, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.” So you see sir, we are commanded to bring the tithes into the storehouse or God will curse us.

Jesus: Answer me this, Enoch, were you aware that I never required anyone to tithe money?

Pastor Enoch: No I didn’t know that.

Jesus: The tithe spoken of here was always edible products never money.

Pastor Enoch: Sir, that is because they didn’t have money at the time so God had them tithe food instead.

Jesus: Not true, money is first mentioned in Genesis - and Malachi was written hundreds of years later. God had them bring food in so that the levites, the fatherless and widows may eat and be satisfied. The tithe was used mainly to take care of people. Also notice it says in the verse you quoted, that there may be food in my house. How do you completely overlook the word food in those verses?

Pastor Enoch: I don’t know

Jesus: I also want you to know that these verses speak to people under the Old Testament law. As you may or may not know, I fulfilled the law while I was on earth. The Law is no longer binding. Tithing was part of that law that has been abolished.

Jesus: And once again, you have tried to completely take a scripture out of context and apply it to others for your benefit. Can you give me a single scripture where God changed the tithe from food to money?

Pastor Enoch: I do not know of any.

Jesus: So if God never changed it from food to money who did?

Pastor Enoch: Man must have.

Jesus: So far all you have done, Enoch, is take Old Testament scriptures out of context and try to apply it to believers under the New Covenant. Is this all the proof you have?

Pastor Enoch: I do have a New Testament scripture that will show that You told us to tithe.

Jesus: Ok let me hear it.

Pastor Enoch: You said in Matthew 23:23 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you tithe mint, dill, and cumin, and have left undone the weightier matters of the law: justice, mercy, and faith. But you ought to have done these, and not to have left the other undone.” Surely, You were saying there that we should be tithing.

Jesus: Let me ask you a question, who was I talking to?

Pastor Enoch: The scripture says the scribes and Pharisees.

Jesus: Are you and your members scribes or Pharisees?

Pastor Enoch: No sir; God forbid!.

Jesus: I also said in that passage, “You have left undone the weightier matters of the law“. Are we under the law, Enoch?

Pastor Enoch: No.

Jesus: Why not?

Pastor Enoch: Because You fulfilled it, and it passed away.

Jesus: When did I fulfill the law?

Pastor Enoch: When You were crucified.

Jesus: So the law was still in effect until My death?

Pastor Enoch: That is correct sir.

Jesus: I think you know where I am going with this; don’t you?

Pastor Enoch: Yes; sir. Since You had not yet been crucified and the law was still binding, the Pharisees were required to tithe because it was part of the law. Once the law ended, tithing ended also.

Jesus: I want you to take a look at that verse again. Also tell me, what were they tithing?

Pastor Enoch: The scripture says it was mint, dill and cumin.

Jesus: Was money mentioned there?

Pastor Enoch: No sir; it was not.

Jesus: Once again it was edible products that they were tithing, not money. Do you have anything else you would like to say?

Pastor Enoch: If people only tithed edible products like the scripture says, then how would the church survive? We had to build that million-seater cathedral to accomodate the people who come for Holy Ghost Festival yearly, the salaries of other pastors have to be paid. So many other things. We depend on the money from the people.

Jesus: The need does not justify the means. In other words, just because you have all these debts does not give you the right to twist and manipulate scripture and cause people to give under fear of being cursed by God to meet your needs. Not to mention that all those items you listed are problems you created for yourelves. They are not My agenda.

Jesus: Now to the more greivous consequences of your enforcing the tithe on believer. What did Paul write in Galatians 5:4 about attempting to follow the Law?

Pastor Enoch: That if they obeyed any part of the old Jewish law, including the law of circumcision, in order to be right (justified) with God, they have fallen from grace, or lost their salvation.

Jesus: Do you admit that like circumcision, tithing was part of the law?

Pastor Enoch: Yes, sir.

Jesus: Now if obeying the law of circumcision would cause gentile Christians of Paul’s day to “fall from grace”, one would have to conclude that obeying another old law; “The law of tithing” would have the same results on them today; that is to say, it will cause them to fall away from the grace of God.

Pastor Enoch: [Swallows hard] I suppose so.

Jesus: In other words, you are admitting that your teaching the tithe is actually sending people down the road to hell?

Pastor Enoch: That was not what I intended, sir.

Jesus: Nevertheless, that is the result of your actions - your ministry. How many of those one billion members (not counting the non-members who heard you and believed you) do you suppose have been turned aside unknowingly this way?

Pastor Enoch: [Swallows hard] I have no idea, sir.

Pastor Enoch: I never realized all these things, I have always been taught that we had to tithe money to the local church and that is what I have always taught. Yes I am guilty. I will not teach this error anymore. Infact, I will go and take my words back. As many people as possible must hear this.

THE END

I have given the narration a good ending. I hope that someone close to Pastor Adeboye loves him enough and has enough balls to bring this issue to his attention. You will be saving not only his soul but the souls of millions of others who believe his grace-defying, grace-denying doctrine of tithing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Credits:
This narration was crafted and adapted from my previous article, Believers are not subject to the Tithe, and from materials put up at http://tithing.christian-things.com/articles.html

Source: Pressing for the Crown
=========================================

STOP! Search!! Meditate!!!

Hebrews 7: 1-12, 1 Timothy 5:8, Jeremiah 9: 23-24

Source: [url=http://www.christnotes.org/bible.php?q=Jeremiah+9%3A+23-24&ver=kjv]Holy Bible[/url]
Re: Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft by Superuser(m): 5:48pm On Mar 22, 2009
Economic Crunch, Poverty, World Economy in shambles yet HIS People shall florish! Yet Daddy GO can afford a 4billion naira jet! What a Good God we serve! We need to get closer to HIM , seek HIS kingdom and all other things will be added unto us, This is just the beginning Daddy G.O.
Re: Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft by MrCrackles(m): 5:53pm On Mar 22, 2009
origina9ja:

but no be your money na
wettin be your own sef
haba

God's work
You have been brainwashed beyond repairs!
You need to think and tell us a 4Billion Naira jet is justifiable!!
Re: Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft by Superuser(m): 6:01pm On Mar 22, 2009
PAPA GIDDY! You made a lovely contribution but you need to be corrected just on one point. You don't need to talk ill or use offensive words in this forum. Please always use constructive words. Please Please and Please.
Re: Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft by Enigma(m): 8:31pm On Mar 22, 2009
papa giddy:

NOW, to all the emeies of the Gospel, may never see success in all ur labours in Jesus.

Does Christianity teach you to curse people?

Worse still, cursing people in Jesus' name?
Re: Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft by dayokanu(m): 9:01pm On Mar 22, 2009
GOat Pastor Eunuch AdeJALE Adeboye has done it again!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft by Akolawole(m): 9:25pm On Mar 22, 2009
dayokanu:

DayoK

I am very very dissapointed.

With your academic height cry C'mon

Thats not how to show displeasure.
Re: Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft by Pepeye(f): 9:29pm On Mar 22, 2009
papa giddy:

well, all i will say to all who dont know is that it is not Adeboye s property. the fact that he is the head of the church is another thing. Am not sure he has that money. the jet belong to RCCG. not Adeboye ok?
church has always be known from History to be channel of civilization. check this out!, i mean in those days it use to be church motor bike, church car, church buses. BUT NOW! what do you expect to see church JETS of course
may God bless Pastor Adeboye, he is a light and a shinning example of a good leader. he is a father and will contnue to be MY father, he will not fall in Jesus name, he will not miss heaven in jesue amen
NOW, to all the emeies of the Gospel, may never see success in all ur labours in Jesus. Just keep fightin the gospel ok? YOU HAVE NOT seen anything yet, not only will RCCG buyin a jet, prophet Abiara will soon land his own, Rev DR Ademola Ishola,prophet TB JOSHUA,pastor chris oyakhlome,pastor Chris okotie,oyedepo, samson Ayorinde,Gbile AKANNI, Bishop mike okonkwo,pasr orisajafor,etc.to If not the church then who do want to is it NASFAT that u want or YOUMBAS islamic society??
pls stop disgracing the ministers of God in this trend. Dont allow all those RAG Heads to insults the church and the minsters, let God judge those who are not ok among them!

Finito
Well said
Re: Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft by MrCrackles(m): 9:29pm On Mar 22, 2009
dayokanu:

grin grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The 2013 Testimonies Thread ! God Is Good. / Fearing The Apocalypse, Man Tries To Build His Own Ark / Church Business In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.