Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,389 members, 7,808,376 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:07 AM

We’ll Name Principal Officers On July 21 – Dogara - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’ll Name Principal Officers On July 21 – Dogara (707 Views)

IPOB Releases List Of Its Delegates To Visit White House On July 21 To See Trump / Watch Christiane Amanpour Interview President Buhari On CNN (July 21) / Photos; Bukola Saraki Poses With The Elected Principal Officers Of The Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We’ll Name Principal Officers On July 21 – Dogara by dunkem21(m): 12:42am On Jul 16, 2015
Speaker of the House of Representatives, Mr. Yakubu Dogara, said on Tuesday that the leadership tussle in the All Progressives Congress caucus of the House was almost over. Dogara, who spoke while addressing some APC youths, under the aegis of the APC Youth Mobilisers and Professionals, who visited the National Assembly, said he would announce the principal officers of the House on July 21. “We will announce the remaining four principal officers by the time we reconvene on July 21.We pray that this matter has come to an end by the grace of God,” the Speaker told the APC youths. He said there had been a series of meetings to resolve the crisis in the party and that there were positive signs that the crisis was nearing its end. However, Dogara did not specify whether the names to be announced on July 21 would be the same as those recommended by the leadership of the APC or he would stick to his position that each of the six geopolitical zones in the country should have one seat. Rather, he went spiritual by telling the youths that leadership was ordained by God and that His wish must be respected at all times. The Speaker argued that God must have ordained the emergence of certain political leaders, which was being seen as “a mistake”. “If there were mistakes that were made, we must admit that God allowed these mistakes to make the way for another person’s destiny to happen,” he stated. The lawmakers went into a forced break on June 24 after fighting broke out on the floor of the House over the sharing of principal offices. The APC leadership had in a letter dated June 23 asked the Speaker to announce Mr. Femi Gbajabiamila (South-West) as the Majority Leader; Mr. Alhassan Ado-Doguwa (North-West) as his deputy; Mr. Mohammed Monguno (North- East) as the Chief Whip; and Mr. Pally Iriase (South-South) as his deputy. The North-East and the South-South later swapped positions. But, the Speaker declined to name the officers, given the pressure from other geopolitical zones, which had complained of being edged out of the power sharing arrangement in the House. Dogara, who was favourably disposed to giving the North-Central and the South-East one seat each in order to accommodate all the six geopolitical zones, also later told Nigerians that he was restrained by a court process not to name the officers. The APC’s National Executive Committee later waded in through its governors’ forum, asking a committee headed by the Governor of Sokoto State, Mr. Aminu Tambuwal, to look into the crisis. The committee had met separately with the two warring factions, led by Dogara and Gbajabiamila, a former Minority Leader. Although the Tambuwal committee did not make its findings and recommendations to the governors public, there had been speculations that the committee shared the same view as expressed by the Dogara faction. On Wednesday last week, the Dogara group said it had conceded all four principal positions to the Gbajabiamila group, so long as the North-East and the South-West would not get additional seats. The Gbajabiamila group promptly dismissed the concession and insisted on sticking to its position as already directed by the APC. Findings showed that as of Tuesday when Dogara hinted that the crisis was almost over, the Gbajabimaila group had not shifted ground on its position. However, the Speaker informed the youths that there was still one more meeting he needed to attend later same Tuesday, where he hoped the dispute would be finally resolved. Earlier, the chairman of the APC youth group, Mr. Ismai Ahmed, had warned the party’s leaders against allowing the National Assembly crisis to derail the APC-led Federal Government. Ahmed expressed displeasure that having worked so hard to ensure that the APC won the general elections, the youths had expected the party leaders to settle down quickly and provide good governance “and not fighting over issues such as sharing of positions.” Ahmed said, “We won the election, but we must win the country too. The House must be put in order. “We know that you have the capacity to handle the present issue and we want it nipped in the bud so that we can have a functioning National Assembly by July 21.” Meanwhile, the peace moves initiated by the leadership of the APC to find a solution to the leadership crisis rocking the Senate might have hit the rock again as the Edo State Governor Adams Oshiomhole-led committee saddled with the responsibility has not been able to convene any meeting. The PUNCH learnt on Tuesday that the committee members had not been able to meet because most of the principal actors in the crisis, including the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, and his rival, Ahmad Lawan, had been away for the lesser hajj. When contacted, the Special Adviser to the Senate President, Alhaji Yusuph Olaniyonu, confirmed that the peace moves might be concluded when the senators return from hajj. “There is little that could be done at the moment because the principal actors are currently in Saudi Arabia for Umrah. I think the governors should be in a better position to give an update on the matter,” he said. The leadership crisis in the Senate started when the leaders of the APC conducted a mock election to pick the candidates for the offices of the senate president and the deputy. Lawan emerged as the party’s candidate for the office of the senate president but the loyalists of Saraki boycotted the mock poll and reportedly formed an alliance with the opposition Peoples Democratic Party to clinch the post. The APC/PDP alliance in the Senate had produced Saraki as president while Senator Ike Ekweremadu of the PDP emerged as his deputy. Notwithstanding the development, the Chairman of the APC, Chief John Odigie – Oyegun, had written to Saraki and nominated Lawan and three others as the party’s choices for the post of senate leader, deputy leader, chief whip and deputy whip. However, the Saraki camp had insisted that the APC caucus in the Senate at the various zonal levels would determine their representatives who would hold the aforementioned positions.

http://www.punchng.com/news/well-name-principal-officers-on-july-21-dogara/

Re: We’ll Name Principal Officers On July 21 – Dogara by lherbert102152: 12:43am On Jul 16, 2015
Nigerians Please HELP ME PLEASE

I need assistance in tracking this lady NKIRUKA OBI by name. She is based in Ugeli Delta State.
She ran away with my babies. Triplet…
She gave birth to them Feb 26th 2014. My family and I went to the hospital to pay the bills and also to see my wife to be and babies, but when we got there she was gone. We later found out that she left the hospital the same day.
We then went to the address which she said to be her home address (No 110 Low Cost Estate, Ugeli) and found out there was no such address.
We never got to see her nor by babies. She later called to give some reasons for her act. We then made arrangement to meet her and her family for formalities and engagement. As I can recall, everything was going on fine… they gave us a date to come over.
One the day of the naming ceremony, which was at my place in Lagos, non of her family came over. All they did was send names over the phone and gave excuses for not being able to appear.
Nkiru and I talk on phone every day, if possible every 5 minutes. I didn’t know she was actually playing Games with me. She kept on telling me not to come over yet due to some reasons that there was a fight in her place in Ugeli Delta State which I later found out to all be fabricated.
I still have not seen any of my babies for 5 Months now. All she does was make me hear their voices and send pictures over the phone.
When I decided I couldn’t take it anymore and must go to her, we then both agreed to meet on Monday 13th July 2015. All of a sudden, by late Friday 10th July all her phones were switched off. I then tried calling who she said to be her mom and dad but their phones were also off.
As off today, I still haven’t heard from any of them. After making some research, I found out this is not the first time she is doing such. Now am scared she has plans to sell my babies as I found out that’s what they do now. Nigerians, please help me get my babies back.
Nigerians, is this how IGBO people behave? Is it because I am YORUBA?
Please contact me if you have any information regarding her whereabouts or any of her family.
PLS HELP ME….. HELP ME… I AM IN PAIN… WE ARE TALKING ABOUT TRIPLET HERE…. HELP.. HELP.. HELP…

PLEASE CONTACT ME : 08182617076

Dare
Nigerian Human Right Activist.

Re: We’ll Name Principal Officers On July 21 – Dogara by HungerBAD: 12:44am On Jul 16, 2015
I clicked to read the Dogara Story, but ended up reading the story above me.

There are too much missing gaps in the story.

How did you meet the woman, you dated before she got pregnant?was she staying with you all through her pregnancy?who her friends?what naming ceremony are you talking about at your place if there was no baby?

Everything about your story comes with a question mark.

It takes a lot to leave me confused, i am confused now.

1 Like

Re: We’ll Name Principal Officers On July 21 – Dogara by Nobody: 12:45am On Jul 16, 2015
Patiently waiting
Re: We’ll Name Principal Officers On July 21 – Dogara by Adanyebe(m): 12:45am On Jul 16, 2015
Just waiting for the royal rumble that will trail the announcement grin
Re: We’ll Name Principal Officers On July 21 – Dogara by TheSonOfMark(m): 12:51am On Jul 16, 2015
The PDP-backed National House of Assembly leadership would unveil its principal officers in 5 days while the APC-led federal government would appoint ministers IN THE FULLNESS OF TIME.

Isn't the difference clear? Need I go on?wink

1 Like

Re: We’ll Name Principal Officers On July 21 – Dogara by faray: 1:39am On Jul 16, 2015
ok
Re: We’ll Name Principal Officers On July 21 – Dogara by faray: 1:39am On Jul 16, 2015
ok
Re: We’ll Name Principal Officers On July 21 – Dogara by faray: 1:46am On Jul 16, 2015
[quote author=lherbert102152 post=35911599]Nigerians Please HELP ME PLEASE
I need assistance in tracking this lady NKIRUKA OBI by name. She is based in Ugeli Delta State.
She ran away with my babies. Triplet…
She gave birth to them Feb 26th 2014. My family and I went to the hospital to pay the bills and also to see my wife to be and babies, but when we got there she was gone. We later found out that she left the hospital the same day.
We then went to the address which she said to be her home address (No 110 Low Cost Estate, Ugeli) and found out there was no such address.
We never got to see her nor by babies. She later called to give some reasons for her act. We then made arrangement to meet her and her family for formalities and engagement. As I can recall, everything was going on fine… they gave us a date to come over.
One the day of the naming ceremony, which was at my place in Lagos, non of her family came over. All they did was send names over the phone and gave excuses for not being able to appear
Re: We’ll Name Principal Officers On July 21 – Dogara by Okeycima: 2:01am On Jul 16, 2015
Y dis speaker go make this information open....CHEI!!!with this kind information given ahead of time expect our honourable to come with beta weapon of war and people wey go go learn how to pass something go miss go begin the learn am becos this time around the MACE MUST B MISSING.make I hear say I no go charge ma phone and buy fuel keep in anticipation of the WWE that will go down that day

(1) (Reply)

DSS Not Interfering In Rivers Tribunal – APC / Lagos Representative Tony Nwulu Pays Bills For Hospital Patients / Effective Education The Panacea To End Boko Haram – Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.