Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,495 members, 7,781,483 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:20 PM

Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks (32133 Views)

Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission / YABATECH 2016/2017 Departmental Cutoff Marks And Jamb Cut Off Marks / JAMB Cutoff Mark Is Out: See 10 Most Sought After Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by Seuncoded(f): 2:11am On Jul 16, 2015
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB, on Tuesday in Abuja announced that it has pegged the minimum entry requirement into Nigerian universities for the 2015/16 academic year at 180 marks.

The body, however, said polytechnics and colleges of education, including innovative enterprise institutions awarding National Diploma are to admit undergraduate students with a minimum of 150 marks.

The decisions were taken during the 6th combined policy meeting of stakeholders of institutions awarding degrees and certificates.

There were many reactions to the new development on Twitter, and unsurprisingly, every single one showed JAMB's new move was not encouraging.

All the comments resonated one thing; our educational system is in for a further decline.

But the Registrar and Chief Executive Officer of JAMB, Prof. ‘Dibu Ojerinde is having none of that.

He has cautioned tertiary institutions against flouting the admission process, saying that with effect from the current academic session, the board would sanction defaulters who defy the regulation for admissions.

Here are some of the reactions:

http://pulse.ng/student/joint-admissions-matriculation-board-twitter-reacts-to-new-jamb-cutoff-marks-id3974606.html

2 Shares

Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by Bekwarra(m): 2:15am On Jul 16, 2015
Introvert Ntor. I can still sell this land to you for a deep kiss. But I don't kiss without getting a handful of bosoms to squeeze, who eats fufu without soup?

Moral of the story: just purchase the land anyway you can and come back to develop it later.

Back to the Topic
This JAMB abi what is their name can be ridiculous at times. Why are we always going for lower and lower standards every time? Is anything wrong in us raising the bar? And to think with 245 in UME and 272 in Post-UME I was denied admission to study OAU in 2008 leaves a sour taste in the mouth. Everything that happens to human is God. God simply showed me, why go for the second best when you can actually have the best. Now a UI graduate by God's grace.
UI, OAU, UNILAG I know will never go for anything less than 200. 200 doesn't even guarantee you admission in these schools. The FG should simply make 180, 150 or even 120 the cut-off mark for northern students and for northern universities only. Please help us raise the bar in the South. If you wake me up without prior information and ask me to sit for UTME, I'll surely score more than 180. Mtcheew, no wonder I came across corpers who couldn't write or speak correct English language. So annoying. Imagine a fellow corper in my PPA teaching commerce writing "commacial bank" as a type of bank. Education is a joke in this country.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by EduRegard: 2:39am On Jul 16, 2015
Well, not all schools will agree to such cutoff. Trust OAU.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by Seuncoded(f): 3:45am On Jul 16, 2015
EduRegard:
Well, not all schools will agree to such cutoff. Trust OAU.
They don't have choice

1 Like

Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by aminho(m): 4:35am On Jul 16, 2015
Chai nigerians most of them passed with 180 and are now claiming holy

26 Likes

Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by Nobody: 5:39am On Jul 16, 2015
Indeed a bad news however JAMB is not a true test of knowledge reason most brilliant chaps write JAMB for almost 3 times while some not too good pick random answers and gbam, they become a jambite before the advent of Post-jamb.

Fellow Nairalanders, please check out our incredible offer below

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by Joskiro50: 6:44am On Jul 16, 2015
Anyhow wey dem put am, my admission must come this year. I no go ever rewrite any exam.
Click like if you get the same belief.

#BABAGODNAYOURHANDIDEYOOO

95 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by EduRegard: 6:59am On Jul 16, 2015
Seuncoded:

They don't have choice
Really? We shall see.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by Uyi168: 7:04am On Jul 16, 2015
must nigerians react to everything on twitter....funi enough not all uni will adopt jamb's cut-off mark...

3 Likes

Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by Nobody: 7:05am On Jul 16, 2015
JAMB knows that its cut off points no longer matter in uni admissions....especially with the post UTME craze going on.

So,why bother.? Even if it raised cut off points.....the kids will still be weeded out by post UTME.

I think it is high time we brought back A-levels and O-Levels.

9 Likes

Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by Ucheosefoh(m): 7:20am On Jul 16, 2015
The people reacting are people who pass wrote Jamb when the cut off mark is 200 and 250 can not get you admission into some departments like 4 to 5 years old.
Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by holyboss: 7:40am On Jul 16, 2015
iranu.

Jamb should b scraped.

Before any eediot quote me, I passed my Jamb at first trial.. but the poo is scam. Developed countries don't even do entrance exam.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by danaiks(m): 8:12am On Jul 16, 2015
Those complaining about how high the cut off mark was before, are just making noise.
Back then there was nothing like post jamb angry

7 Likes

Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by hrykanu231(m): 8:17am On Jul 16, 2015
This is really serious, I guess the reason(s) most definitely will be based on the general performance of students in the last jamb exam.
Funny how things have changed, 2002 I couldn't study law in Unical because I scored 242 and the school had 260 as their cut of point.
It's seemingly obvious our educational system is on reverse. God help us!

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by Nobody: 8:46am On Jul 16, 2015
Hmmm, by God's grace this thing no concern me, but to the jambites na normal thing, just pray to God and work hard

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by ayusco85(m): 8:46am On Jul 16, 2015
Seuncoded:

http://pulse.ng/student/joint-admissions-matriculation-board-twitter-reacts-to-new-jamb-cutoff-marks-id3974606.html

Twitter has turned to where cowards air their views against what goes against them. I bet none of them can say what they just typed on twitter on t.v.

#Hypocrites

5 Likes

Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by Nobody: 8:46am On Jul 16, 2015
Well, beats me too.
Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by Nobody: 8:47am On Jul 16, 2015
Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by tejpot(m): 8:47am On Jul 16, 2015
Statistically speaking I don't see anything wrong. When the cut off was in the region of 280s did we produce first class engineers? And come to think of it, now is when we are seeing the real scores. Special centres and arrangements have almost been removed with CBT. There is even no sense in the twitter reactions, they are all products of that dilapidated education system.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by Diesel1(m): 8:47am On Jul 16, 2015
Must nigerians write Jamb before gettin into higher institution.... Prefer other African countries

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by redcliff: 8:47am On Jul 16, 2015
That last comment was it!
Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by pojophilius(m): 8:47am On Jul 16, 2015
people dey para dis days oo
Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by Adebayocollins6: 8:49am On Jul 16, 2015
Clean bold 5 for just 5,000 naira. Seller contact 08114067791

Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by Craigston: 8:49am On Jul 16, 2015
2015/2016 POST-UTME & ADMISSIONS PROCESS - APPLY EARLY

As the admission process and registrations begin for the Post-UTME exams, you can make the proverbial hay while the sun shines.
At Bright Processes, we process your applications for

JAMB (UTME)
POST-UTME for the following
UNIPORT - University of Port Harcourt;
RSUST - Rivers State University of Science and Technology;
Colleges of Education;
Polytechnics.

We also process
WAEC (WASSCE & GCE) registrations,
Airforce, Navy and Army Exams.

Past questions are available for the exams.
APPLY EARLY!
Call: 08094369715.

Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by joseph1832(m): 8:49am On Jul 16, 2015
17 years ago, this news would have been my business.

5 Likes

Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by tk4rd: 8:50am On Jul 16, 2015
Those early days, even up till 2006, JAMB used to be of high standards.
What is happening these days.??

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by ClintonNzedimma(m): 8:50am On Jul 16, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by Nobody: 8:50am On Jul 16, 2015
Olodo forming James Bond online..

Jamb is being sympathetic to the olodos,yet they come online forming Wole soyinka.

People can't be pleased.

8 Likes

Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by izuch(m): 8:50am On Jul 16, 2015
Booked keep off! I'll come back to modify later.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Reacts To New JAMB Cutoff Marks by wristbangle: 8:51am On Jul 16, 2015
danaiks:
Those complaining about how high the cut off mark was before, are just making noise.
Back then there was nothing like post jamb angry

Well said bro

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Bans Old Students Association From School Premises, Nigerians React / Parents To Withdraw Children From Madonna University Over Students’ Detention / Throwback Photo Of ABU Zaria 8 Months Before Its Commissioning In 1962

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.