Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,727 members, 7,805,979 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:38 AM

All the News of Sunday Oliseh's Reign As Super Eagles Coach - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All the News of Sunday Oliseh's Reign As Super Eagles Coach (8231 Views)

Mikel Obi and Teammates Having Lunch Ahead Of Sunday Olympic Match With Sweden / Videos Of Sunday Oliseh Ranting,Calling His Haters 'Mad & Insane People' / Profile Of Sunday Oliseh (New Super Eagles Coach) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All the News of Sunday Oliseh's Reign As Super Eagles Coach by enomakos(m): 6:36pm On Oct 01, 2015
Dele ali first choice and second choice and third choice hads always been
england
england
england
Re: All the News of Sunday Oliseh's Reign As Super Eagles Coach by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:07pm On Oct 01, 2015
Well, I don't rate the Emirates Arab league but Emenike is currently on 5 goals in 4 appearances for Al Ain.

enomakos:
how many goals hads emenike scores for al-ain?
Re: All the News of Sunday Oliseh's Reign As Super Eagles Coach by zuchyblink(m): 7:11pm On Oct 01, 2015
Emenike has scored 5 goals in 4 matches for al ain
Re: All the News of Sunday Oliseh's Reign As Super Eagles Coach by Nobody: 8:54am On Oct 02, 2015
zuchyblink:
Emenike has scored 5 goals in 4 matches for al ain
according to my apprasial, I predicate that the type of goals he scores are not very tremendous. he scores cheap cinching goals.

I want superb goals!
Re: All the News of Sunday Oliseh's Reign As Super Eagles Coach by edi287: 11:31am On Oct 02, 2015
We just lost Alli to England...what a shame. He's better than any young player we have in his position.
Re: All the News of Sunday Oliseh's Reign As Super Eagles Coach by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:01pm On Oct 02, 2015
No he's not!!! Hey! Don't get me wrong aiiit..... He's a wonderful young talent who was just given the opportunity to showcase his wares despite being 19. Remember Mauricio Pochettino, the tottenham manager, has a knack for fielding bright young talents right from his time at Southampton FC.

He did it with Nabil bentaleb, Ryan Mason, and now Eric Dier and Alli, all at tottenham.

At Southampton he did it with Ward-prowse, Luke shaw and a few others. So it's no surprise Alli gets the chance to shine at Tottenham. I believe by the time Musa Yahaya finally signs a pro-contract in December 2015(by which time he turns 18), or latest January 2016, with tottenham, he will get his chance too with time and outshine any player in his own position. He's currently at the top of the pile among tottenham's top 10 highly rated youngsters without pro-contracts.

Now I said Dele Alli isn't the best young player Nigeria has in that position because there are still the likes of these:
1). Chidiebere Nwakali(Man City, on loan at Girona)- Like Alli, he's super versatile. Can play as a dmf, a cmf, and even a RB. Full of intelligence and energy. No wonder Man City picked him up. He's only 18-19 yrs old..

2). Ifeanyi Matthew(El-kanemi Warriors, Nigeria)- saw him at the 2015 Caf u-20 Ayc? Mehnn!!!! This guy can play. He's also super versatile and can play as an Amf, a cmf and even sometimes as a dmf. He's that good with a long range of passing that reminds you of sunday oliseh. Two of these long range passes from Matthew turned into assists for Taiwo Awoniyi who destroyed the impressive senegalese in the tournament's first match of that group. He's currently 20 I think.

3). Akinjide Elijah Idowu(Nath boys Academy): So many beautiful talents just waiting for that one big opportunity but I believe we won't witness the disappearance of a super midfield talent like Idowu. Had not gotten any foreign deal yet but I believe it's only a matter of time. This guy's main role is defensive midfield(dmf). While his side role is central midfield(cmf). He's a workaholic, a brainy workaholic. He's human but I think he plays with 8 lungs. Not even Onazi not to mention Alli comes that close to this young lad's work rate in midfield. He's that good and he's 19.

THESE "THREE PLAYERS" ABOVE ARE JUST BETTER, IF NOT FAR BETTER, THAN DELE ALLI IN 'HIS' POSITION. ALL ALLI HAS OVER THEM RIGHT NOW IS TOP-FLIGHT EXPERIENCE. THAT'S ALL.

There are a couple of others( either at par or slightly just behind Dele Alli or maybe even better) such as Usman Mohammed- 21yrs old (Fc Taraba, star member of Nigeria u-23, and Member of Nigeria's home-based Eagles), Alfa Abdullahi-19yrs (College football academy, Nigeria; star member of Nigeria's U-17 all-conquering side of 2013, etc. Small in stature but mighty in midfiel intelligence..... Also a wonder how he's yet to move abroad on a good deal. His time will come)
, and even Kingsley Sokari-20 yrs (Enyimba Int'l FC, amf and cmf, best young player of nigeria's npfl 2014 season).

SO YOU SEE SIR, ALLI OR NOT, We got them in abundance. We just got to learn to look inwards.

edi287:
We just lost Alli to England...what a shame. He's better than any young player we have in his position.
Re: All the News of Sunday Oliseh's Reign As Super Eagles Coach by edi287: 7:32pm On Oct 02, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
No he's not!!! Hey! Don't get me wrong aiiit..... He's a wonderful young talent who was just given the opportunity to showcase his wares despite being 19. Remember Mauricio Pochettino, the tottenham manager, has a knack for fielding bright young talents right from his time at Southampton FC.

He did it with Nabil bentaleb, Ryan Mason, and now Eric Dier and Alli, all at tottenham.

At Southampton he did it with Ward-prowse, Luke shaw and a few others. So it's no surprise Alli gets the chance to shine at Tottenham. I believe by the time Musa Yahaya finally signs a pro-contract in December 2015(by which time he turns 18), or latest January 2016, with tottenham, he will get his chance too with time and outshine any player in his own position. He's currently at the top of the pile among tottenham's top 10 highly rated youngsters without pro-contracts.

Now I said Dele Alli isn't the best young player Nigeria has in that position because there are still the likes of these:
1). Chidiebere Nwakali(Man City, on loan at Girona)- Like Alli, he's super versatile. Can play as a dmf, a cmf, and even a RB. Full of intelligence and energy. No wonder Man City picked him up. He's only 18-19 yrs old..

2). Ifeanyi Matthew(El-kanemi Warriors, Nigeria)- saw him at the 2015 Caf u-20 Ayc? Mehnn!!!! This guy can play. He's also super versatile and can play as an Amf, a cmf and even sometimes as a dmf. He's that good with a long range of passing that reminds you of sunday oliseh. Two of these long range passes from Matthew turned into assists for Taiwo Awoniyi who destroyed the impressive senegalese in the tournament's first match of that group. He's currently 20 I think.

3). Akinjide Elijah Idowu(Nath boys Academy): So many beautiful talents just waiting for that one big opportunity but I believe we won't witness the disappearance of a super midfield talent like Idowu. Had not gotten any foreign deal yet but I believe it's only a matter of time. This guy's main role is defensive midfield(dmf). While his side role is central midfield(cmf). He's a workaholic, a brainy workaholic. He's human but I think he plays with 8 lungs. Not even Onazi not to mention Alli comes that close to this young lad's work rate in midfield. He's that good and he's 19.

THESE "THREE PLAYERS" ABOVE ARE JUST BETTER, IF NOT FAR BETTER, THAN DELE ALLI IN 'HIS' POSITION. ALL ALLI HAS OVER THEM RIGHT NOW IS TOP-FLIGHT EXPERIENCE. THAT'S ALL.

There are a couple of others( either at par or slightly just behind Dele Alli or maybe even better) such as Usman Mohammed- 21yrs old (Fc Taraba, star member of Nigeria u-23, and Member of Nigeria's home-based Eagles), Alfa Abdullahi-19yrs (College football academy, Nigeria; star member of Nigeria's U-17 all-conquering side of 2013, etc. Small in stature but mighty in midfiel intelligence..... Also a wonder how he's yet to move abroad on a good deal. His time will come)
, and even Kingsley Sokari-20 yrs (Enyimba Int'l FC, amf and cmf, best young player of nigeria's npfl 2014 season).

SO YOU SEE SIR, ALLI OR NOT, We got them in abundance. We just got to learn to look inwards.

I disagree. Haven't watched Nwakali, but from what I've seen of idowu and Matthew, Alli is on a whole different level compared to them.

1 Like

Re: All the News of Sunday Oliseh's Reign As Super Eagles Coach by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:36pm On Oct 02, 2015
Your choice Bro.... Just wanted to tell ya not convince ya. *smiles*

edi287:

I disagree. Haven't watched Nwakali, but from what I've seen of idowu and Matthew, Alli is on a whole different level compared to them.
Re: All the News of Sunday Oliseh's Reign As Super Eagles Coach by enomakos(m): 10:17pm On Oct 02, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Well, I don't rate the Emirates Arab league but Emenike is currently on 5 goals in 4 appearances for Al Ain.

thanks for the info
Re: All the News of Sunday Oliseh's Reign As Super Eagles Coach by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:25pm On Oct 02, 2015
Oh.... But You're very much welcome Sir. *smiles*

enomakos:
thanks for the info
Re: All the News of Sunday Oliseh's Reign As Super Eagles Coach by joseph1013: 8:20am On Oct 05, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Disu urges Oliseh to invite Martins[/size]

Former international Tajudeen Disu has questioned the continued omission of Seattle Sounders forward Obafemi Martins from the Super Eagles by coach Sunday Oliseh despite the player’s blistering form in the Major League Soccer this season.

Martins has scored 14 goals in 18 appearances this season, and is on the verge of surpassing the 17 goals he scored last season. The former Inter Milan player has also won several Goal of the Week awards in the United States

At present, Martins has the highest number of goals than any Nigerian playing in foreign leagues. But his exclusion from the squad for this month’s friendly games against Congo and Cameroon in Belgium surprises Disu.

“Martins remains the highest scoring Nigerian player anywhere in the world but we have refused to invite him,” Disu told our correspondent on the telephone on Sunday.

“I often wonder why he has not been invited (to the Eagles). Some say the MLS is not as tough as the leagues in Europe, but we have players from Arabian leagues in the Eagles. Which league is tougher between the two? The MLS is no longer as it used to be, it is now very big and top players from Europe are moving there.”

The former Abiola Babes defender warned Oliseh not to bow to pressure to invite players not good enough for the national team.

“At this stage, the coach should know who has the quality to play for the national team. Not every player is good enough for the national team. Oliseh should only invite the best players because he has just two friendlies to build his team (ahead of the 2018 World Cup qualifier next month).”

Meanwhile, the home-based players invited by Oliseh for the friendly games in Belgium could not travel to Europe on Sunday, as earlier scheduled, due to visa problems.

“We have booked tickets for the delegation to travel from Abuja to Frankfurt on Sunday, but that can no longer happen as their passports are still at the Embassy of Belgium. As things stand now, we can only leave for Frankfurt on Monday evening, to arrive in Belgium on Tuesday, if the visas are issued on Monday,” Super Eagles’ team administrator, Enebi Achor, said.

The delay will affect Femi Thomas, Ikechukwu Ezenwa, Austin Oboroakpo, Paul Onobi, Prince Aggrey and Chima Akas.

Copyright PUNCH.[/b]
Re: All the News of Sunday Oliseh's Reign As Super Eagles Coach by joseph1013: 8:26am On Oct 05, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Pinnick: Oliseh’ll Win Eagles Trophies, Falcons Will Get New Coach[/size]

President of Nigeria Football Federation Amaju Pinnick is confident that Super Eagles will win many trophies with Sunday Oliseh as coach.

Pinnick told Complete Sports that with what the NFF under his leadership has been able to put in place these past 12 months, Nigerian football will thrive again and that the Super Eagles will dominate Africa for long.

The former boss of Delta Football Association said that he is least perturbed by the recent dip in the fortunes of the national teams, stressing that the NFF has set up the machinery that can only take the country’s football back to the top.

“We are aware of the high expectations of Nigerians and we are confident that the Super Eagles will win a lot of trophies with the way we have set up things in the NFF,” Pinnick said.
“We are emulating the Germans who after an awful period went back to the drawing board and came out with a 12-year plan.

“That 12-year plan has culminated in Germany winning the World Cup. We are optimistic that our football will return to the top.”

The NFF boss said they are laying a solid foundation for a brighter future, adding: “Nigerians love winning all the time and I can assure them that Oliseh and the Eagles will give us plenty of trophies.”

On the Super Falcons, Pinnick said the federation has put up an advert for a world-class coach to be hired for the national women team, noting that the coach that will be hired is expected to turn around the fortunes of women’s football in the country.

“We are not restricting any local coach from applying if they have the requisite qualifications to coach Super Falcons. I can assure you that we shall hire a coach that will make the Falcons a world-class team,” he told Completesportsnigeria.com.[/b]
Re: All the News of Sunday Oliseh's Reign As Super Eagles Coach by joseph1013: 8:33am On Oct 05, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Nigeria: Why the Desperation Over Nigerian-Born Foreign Youngsters?[/size]

In the last few days, the Nigerian media space has been awashed with stories centered on the invitation extended to the Arsenal young player, Alex Iwobi by the Super Eagles technical crew ahead of the oncoming international friendlies against Cameroun and Congo.

Iwobi was an addition to the list earlier released by the Super Eagles handlers. While some sports pundits believe the action was in order, others are of the opinion that more attention should be focused on the youngsters in the domestic leagues.

It is a fact that established and upcoming players of Nigerian origin abound all over Europe. No wonder, successive national team handlers always take the long journey to Europe to scout Nigerian-born players with dual nationality with the intention of luring them to pledge their allegiance to Nigeria.

When Sunday Oliseh was appointed some months back, his first focus was to convince stars in Europe who have linkage with Nigeria through one or both of their parents to play for Nigeria. One of the success stories of such trips was the capturing of Carl Ikeme, the Wolverhampton Wanderers Goalkeeper who shone like a million stars in the AFCON qualifier between Nigeria and Tanzania in Dar Es Salam last month.

Another player who has dumped England for Nigeria is Iwobi. With nine goals in the under-21s' final nine games of the last campaign, powerful forward Alex was the academy's form player in the second half of last season.

Alex has an abundance of skill and pace, and was rewarded for his exciting performances with a place on the first-team bench for Arsenal's Champions League tie at Galatasaray last season.

Naturally a winger, the Lagos-born attacker - who is the nephew of former Bolton star Jay-Jay Okocha - was converted into a central striker and caught the eye with a hat-trick against Stoke City at Emirates Stadium.

Others who are still being monitored are; Chelsea's 18-year old Dominic Ayodele Solanke-Mitchell, Arsenal's Chuba Akpom, Dominick Iorfa Wolverhampton Wanderers, Liverpool's Oluwaseyi Ojo, 20-year old Watford's Uche Ikpeazu, Barcelona's U17 team captain, Bobby Adekanye amongst others.

Truth be told, most of these players are doing well in their respective clubs. For instance, Chelsea's Solanke who plays for Dutch club Vitesse on loan has represented England up to under-18 level.

After getting approval to play in the Netherlands from FIFA, Solanke scored his first senior goal in a 4-1 victory over SC Cambuur, coming in off the bench with 15 minutes to go on 30 August 2015.

Solanke primarily plays as a striker; however he can also operate as either an attacking midfielder or a winger. Former Chelsea striker Tore Andre Flo has said that Solanke "works really hard," has "got very good physique" and "a great touch on the ball". He went on to say: "He's quick but often what impresses me the most is when he looks like he's lost the ball, he somehow manages to get out with the ball, no matter how tight the situation is or how difficult it looks"

In the same vein, Akpom who is presently on loan to Hull City from Arsenal has been a bit part of the Arsenal's first team setting over some years now. He is one of the latest "big things" to come out of the Gunners academy.

The fast and strong striker has represented England in the U16, U17, U18, U19 and U20 levels and is being tracked by the technical crew of the English Senior team already. He could be snapped up any moment from now.

Besides, Dominic Iorfa, the son of a former Nigerian international footballer of the same name was part of the youth system at his local club Southend United before joining the academy of Wolverhampton Wanderers at the age of 15.

Having made his debut at the start of a 4-game unbeaten run, Iorfa became a fan favourite and a regular to the first team. In January 2015, Iorfa won the football league's Young Player Of The Month award, and that same day went on to assist a goal in a 3-0 win for Wolves against Fulham.

Liverpool's winger, Jordon Ashley Femi Ibe is another player being courted by the Super Eagles hierarchy. So far, the Nigeria football Federation has not been able to convince him to pledge his future to Nigeria.

The winger is a player that will add bite to the Eagles' attack, no doubt. Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has described Ibe as a player with a "bright footballing brain" who has the versatility to play as a winger on either flank, as a playmaker or as a striker.

Steve McClaren, who managed Ibe during his loan at Derby County, saw Ibe as an exciting player "like the old jinky wingers we used to get in the game" while Andy Hunter of The UK Guardian described Ibe as an "individual of impressive pace, power and control", who produces threatening performances and stands out because of his good temperament, intelligence, creativity and directness.

Just like the other youngsters, he could be capped by the Three Lions any moment from now.

A sports analyst, Dan-Wahab Musbau said the move by the NFF to convince the youngsters to pledge allegiance to Nigeria was the right step in the right direction.

While noting that the foreign born players with Nigerian origin have been exposed to the best facilities and managers since their tender age compared to their mates in Nigeria.

Dan-Wahab also noted that, though the local leagues should not be ignored, the country will need the inputs of the new generation youngsters scattered all over Europe.

"I don't see anything wrong with snapping up players who are doing well abroad. We must scout them and convince them to play for the national teams.

"If we must get the Super Eagles back to the top and amongst the best in the world, all players must be looked at, most especially those based abroad.

"The problem is that most of these players have dual nationality and they could choose to pledge their allegiance to their country of birth if not approached early enough," the analyst noted.

On his part, Gateway of Abeokuta's coach, Samuel Abimbola said going after the foreign players is in order since they are of Nigerian descent.

"Their invitation is in no way undermining the chances of the local players. Any player who proves himself will get a call up to the national team," he pointed out.

The former Sunshine Stars of Akure coach however, said the players must not be begged to play for Nigeria, stressing that " it should be by their own decision but if they decided otherwise, grudges should not be held against them."

Iwobi has already taken the path of Victor Moses, Hope Akpan, Carl Ikeme, Leon Balogun and William Troost Ekong to don the Green, White and Green jersey but many others may follow suit soon.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201510050081.html[/b]
Re: All the News of Sunday Oliseh's Reign As Super Eagles Coach by joseph1013: 8:39am On Oct 05, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Eagles won’t miss Moses, says Oliseh[/size]

Super Eagles coach Sunday Oliseh has said that Victor Moses’ absence in the double header international friendly matches against Congo DR and Cameroun in Mons and Denderleeuw will not affect the team.

Moses, who was in action for his London club West Ham United in a 2-2 draw against Sunderland at the Stadium of Light in Saturday’s English Premier League for 55th minute, said he was pulling out in a precautionary move against injury.

Earlier, Turkey–based defender Kenneth Omeruo was ruled out of the matches owing to injury.

Oliseh, while regretting this setback, assured that the team have enough good quality options to fill the gaps left by both players.

“We have no choice now but to work with the other players who are available,” Oliseh said.

“The fact that the other batch of players from home were not issued their visas last week is also setting us back because we would really want to take advantage of the time to put in a lot of work.”

Meanwhile, reports from Turkish club Kasimpasa suggest Kenneth Omeruo will be out for just two weeks, allaying fears in certain quarters that the injury could keep the defender out for a long time.

Omeruo is, therefore, expected to be back in the Super Eagles group in November for Nigeria’s 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifying fixture against the winner of the Djibouti/Swaziland first round fixture.
http://thenationonlineng.net/eagles-wont-miss-moses-says-oliseh/[/b]
Re: All the News of Sunday Oliseh's Reign As Super Eagles Coach by joseph1013: 8:46am On Oct 05, 2015
[b]
[size=14pt]Chukwu to Oliseh… You can’t coach Eagles from Europe[/size]

FORMER Super Eagles coach, Christian Chukwu has warned current Eagles gaffer Sunday Oliseh in clear terms that he cannot coach the national success­fully from Europe.

The captain the victori­ous Green Eagles team that won the Nations Cup for the first time in 1980 in a chat ahead of the two inter­national friendly matches against Congo and Camer­oon said that Oliseh needs to make up his mind on how he wants to coach the Super Eagles.

“The first thing that Oliseh should do is to reflect on how he was discovered and brought into the Super Eagles as a player from Ju­lius Berger FC of Lagos. What he is doing at the mo­ment with the national team is short a term plan where he will just call up players from around Europe and get them to play for the national team.”

However, Chukwu point­ed out that the problem with the short term plan is that he will never get the best out of them because the players hardly have enough time to train together and build an understanding that would help the team.”

“ As a former chief coach of the Super Eagles, the truth I need to tell Oliseh is that he cannot coach the Su­per Eagles from Europe. He should take his mind back to how he was discovered and go back to the roots. He should develop both a short term plan and a long term plan.

“The short term plan is what he is doing at the mo­ment by calling up players for matches from different parts of Europe. The prob­lem here is that the player who is scoring every week in his club may get to the national team and fumble. The simple reason is that the player already has an under­standing with his other team mates who knows his every move. Same will not be the case in the national team until they get used to each other.”

Speaking on the long term plan, Chukwu, who was also captain of Rangers International of Enugu in his playing days said Oliseh needs to take time off from Europe and spend more time in Nigeria.

“Oliseh needs to take some time off in Europe by coming back home and go­ing to match venues to see things for himself. That’s how he was spotted and brought into the national team from Julius Berger FC of Lagos. The likes of Fri­day Ekpo, John Ene Okon, Friday Elahoh, Daniel Amo­kachi, Uche Okechukwu, David Ngodigha, Peterside Idah, Ike Shorunmu and many more benefitted from the same system.

“He cannot depart from the system because these are the only set of players that he can camp as long as he wants and impact his own pattern of play into.

“Players he identifies over a period of time based on their consistency week in week out are the ones he can put together and inculcate in them his own style of play that will differentiate him from others before him. The reason most players run to Europe is simply because only foreign based players are given preferen­tial treatment sort of. The players in the league don’t want to spend time in the domestic league because they no longer believe that they will get the same op­portunity as their foreign based counterparts. So, if Oliseh builds the nucleus of his team around the do­mestic league players, he would get the desired re­sult in no time,” Chukwu stressed.

completesports[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All the News of Sunday Oliseh's Reign As Super Eagles Coach by Nobody: 8:57am On Oct 05, 2015
Moses just dey form around for his country. undecided
Re: All the News of Sunday Oliseh's Reign As Super Eagles Coach by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:04am On Oct 05, 2015
Even when Martins was in the squad, players of the Super Eagles refused to give Martins good passes. He had a drought of goals in the Super Eagles until Mikel made his debut withthe Super Eagles and Martins scored a brace that day.

I remember Martins begging Kanu on the bench to talk to Berti Vogtz to try him after Aiyegbeni squandered a lot of chances. Yet Martins did not get his chance.

joseph1013:
[b][size=14pt]Disu urges Oliseh to invite Martins[/size]

Former international Tajudeen Disu has questioned the continued omission of Seattle Sounders forward Obafemi Martins from the Super Eagles by coach Sunday Oliseh despite the player’s blistering form in the Major League Soccer this season.

Martins has scored 14 goals in 18 appearances this season, and is on the verge of surpassing the 17 goals he scored last season. The former Inter Milan player has also won several Goal of the Week awards in the United States

At present, Martins has the highest number of goals than any Nigerian playing in foreign leagues. But his exclusion from the squad for this month’s friendly games against Congo and Cameroon in Belgium surprises Disu.

“Martins remains the highest scoring Nigerian player anywhere in the world but we have refused to invite him,” Disu told our correspondent on the telephone on Sunday.

“I often wonder why he has not been invited (to the Eagles). Some say the MLS is not as tough as the leagues in Europe, but we have players from Arabian leagues in the Eagles. Which league is tougher between the two? The MLS is no longer as it used to be, it is now very big and top players from Europe are moving there.”

The former Abiola Babes defender warned Oliseh not to bow to pressure to invite players not good enough for the national team.

“At this stage, the coach should know who has the quality to play for the national team. Not every player is good enough for the national team. Oliseh should only invite the best players because he has just two friendlies to build his team (ahead of the 2018 World Cup qualifier next month).”

Meanwhile, the home-based players invited by Oliseh for the friendly games in Belgium could not travel to Europe on Sunday, as earlier scheduled, due to visa problems.

“We have booked tickets for the delegation to travel from Abuja to Frankfurt on Sunday, but that can no longer happen as their passports are still at the Embassy of Belgium. As things stand now, we can only leave for Frankfurt on Monday evening, to arrive in Belgium on Tuesday, if the visas are issued on Monday,” Super Eagles’ team administrator, Enebi Achor, said.

The delay will affect Femi Thomas, Ikechukwu Ezenwa, Austin Oboroakpo, Paul Onobi, Prince Aggrey and Chima Akas.

Copyright PUNCH.[/b]
Re: All the News of Sunday Oliseh's Reign As Super Eagles Coach by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:19am On Oct 05, 2015
I once heard a tale of Coach Christian Chukwu assembling a squad of talented local players from feeder clubs in Nigeria. I heard the NFF found out and ordered Coach Chukwu to stop it. Coach Chukwu stopped the process.

After Coach Keshi won the AFCON, members of the NFF ordered Coach Keshi to stop using home based players.

joseph1013:
[b]
[size=14pt]Chukwu to Oliseh… You can’t coach Eagles from Europe[/size]

FORMER Super Eagles coach, Christian Chukwu has warned current Eagles gaffer Sunday Oliseh in clear terms that he cannot coach the national success­fully from Europe.

The captain the victori­ous Green Eagles team that won the Nations Cup for the first time in 1980 in a chat ahead of the two inter­national friendly matches against Congo and Camer­oon said that Oliseh needs to make up his mind on how he wants to coach the Super Eagles.

“The first thing that Oliseh should do is to reflect on how he was discovered and brought into the Super Eagles as a player from Ju­lius Berger FC of Lagos. What he is doing at the mo­ment with the national team is short a term plan where he will just call up players from around Europe and get them to play for the national team.”

However, Chukwu point­ed out that the problem with the short term plan is that he will never get the best out of them because the players hardly have enough time to train together and build an understanding that would help the team.”

“ As a former chief coach of the Super Eagles, the truth I need to tell Oliseh is that he cannot coach the Su­per Eagles from Europe. He should take his mind back to how he was discovered and go back to the roots. He should develop both a short term plan and a long term plan.

“The short term plan is what he is doing at the mo­ment by calling up players for matches from different parts of Europe. The prob­lem here is that the player who is scoring every week in his club may get to the national team and fumble. The simple reason is that the player already has an under­standing with his other team mates who knows his every move. Same will not be the case in the national team until they get used to each other.”

Speaking on the long term plan, Chukwu, who was also captain of Rangers International of Enugu in his playing days said Oliseh needs to take time off from Europe and spend more time in Nigeria.

“Oliseh needs to take some time off in Europe by coming back home and go­ing to match venues to see things for himself. That’s how he was spotted and brought into the national team from Julius Berger FC of Lagos. The likes of Fri­day Ekpo, John Ene Okon, Friday Elahoh, Daniel Amo­kachi, Uche Okechukwu, David Ngodigha, Peterside Idah, Ike Shorunmu and many more benefitted from the same system.

“He cannot depart from the system because these are the only set of players that he can camp as long as he wants and impact his own pattern of play into.

“Players he identifies over a period of time based on their consistency week in week out are the ones he can put together and inculcate in them his own style of play that will differentiate him from others before him. The reason most players run to Europe is simply because only foreign based players are given preferen­tial treatment sort of. The players in the league don’t want to spend time in the domestic league because they no longer believe that they will get the same op­portunity as their foreign based counterparts. So, if Oliseh builds the nucleus of his team around the do­mestic league players, he would get the desired re­sult in no time,” Chukwu stressed.

completesports[/b]
Re: All the News of Sunday Oliseh's Reign As Super Eagles Coach by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:05pm On Oct 07, 2015
@NGSuperEagles and @thenff twitter handles.................

-----------------------Latest Updates---------------------

Oliseh gives late call-ups to Dele Alampasu, Wilfred Ndidi, and Kingsley Madu. They should be in latest wednesday or early thursday.

The six home-based players hindered by visa hitches have been directed by Coach Oliseh to join up with the 19 other home-based players in port-harcourt in preparation for the CHAN qualifiers double-header against Burkina faso.

The six players are: Ikechukwu Ezenwa, Femi Thomas, Austin Obaroakpo, Paul Onobi, Prince Aggreh, and Chima Akas.
Re: All the News of Sunday Oliseh's Reign As Super Eagles Coach by joseph1013: 7:53am On Oct 11, 2015
I just found out that there is indeed a much older thread about the Super Eagles. This is just a duplicate. Henceforth, all correspondence to Terzurum5's thread here

https://www.nairaland.com/2315999/super-eagles-nigeria-thread-2017

THREAD CLOSED

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

National Sports Commission Allocated N1.2m For A Facebook Account / Why Eagles Will Win AFCON – Practical Analyses By Orji Uzor Kalu / ₦50,000.00 What Of Merrybet Pin & Etisalat Data Will Be Shared Among #100#1st C

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.