Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,277 members, 7,807,932 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

Should There Be A Dress Code In Offices And Universities? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should There Be A Dress Code In Offices And Universities? (13022 Views)

Complete Solar/inverter System To Power Your Homes, Offices And Farms / FRSC Boss Cuts Hair Of Female Officials For Breaching Dress Code(photo) / Your Offices Flat Shoes At Affordable Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should There Be A Dress Code In Offices And Universities? by Cutehector(m): 1:38pm On Jul 16, 2015
Let's see what our nairalanders have to say about this.

Many colleges and corporates have a dress-code policy. Some of the colleges have their own uniform and some of the big corporates ask you to wear business formals on Monday - Tuesday, allow semi-formals on Wednesday - Thursday and casuals on Fridays.

Do you think you attire has anything to do with the way you work? Do you think dress-codes actually reflect the culture of an organization? Do you think its better to have a dress-code at workplaces?
Re: Should There Be A Dress Code In Offices And Universities? by Johnestins1(m): 1:40pm On Jul 16, 2015
Are we primary school student

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should There Be A Dress Code In Offices And Universities? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jul 16, 2015
undecided unless I'm being paid salary, I can stick to a dress code..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should There Be A Dress Code In Offices And Universities? by ArchEnemy(m): 1:42pm On Jul 16, 2015
Yeah but Not in all work arena though

Helps with identification and uniformness
Re: Should There Be A Dress Code In Offices And Universities? by jaybee3(m): 1:45pm On Jul 16, 2015
ArchEnemy:
Yeah but Not in all work arena though

Helps with identification and uniformness

What da heck?

They aren't kids remember

@OP

Dress code is necessary in formal gatherings so as to ensure all elements of distraction stays locked down period!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should There Be A Dress Code In Offices And Universities? by ShakurM(m): 2:10pm On Jul 16, 2015
For me, I personally prefer dress code in Universities .

The Law students wear black n white

The Accounting students wear sky blue n black...etc

Dress code saves money man! I no fit dey rock Jordans go class in other to keep up with craze or fad trends!

It gives this academic atmosphere, much respect is given to them, I so admire the black n white Law students.

Dress codes gives a guideline, imagine you wearing Timberlands and dog chains to class, this is an academic arena not a rap battle contest!

The way you dress is the way u will be addressed.

Mind you, dress code is different from uniform. B4 u quote me, get ur head right.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should There Be A Dress Code In Offices And Universities? by Bravoe(m): 2:11pm On Jul 16, 2015
hell NO!!!
Re: Should There Be A Dress Code In Offices And Universities? by Diesel1(m): 2:11pm On Jul 16, 2015
Dis is Diesel, I'm calling from Biafra land
Re: Should There Be A Dress Code In Offices And Universities? by efilefun(m): 2:11pm On Jul 16, 2015
There shouldn't be one but it's advisable with the rate at which girls are dressing scantily... It will go a long way in reducing numbers of rape in our institutions and also boss taking advantages of workers...

1 Like

Re: Should There Be A Dress Code In Offices And Universities? by Remilekun101: 2:12pm On Jul 16, 2015
What the heck

Unless the SHEs are going to dress like this

2 Shares

Re: Should There Be A Dress Code In Offices And Universities? by efilefun(m): 2:12pm On Jul 16, 2015
Diesel1:
lol you claiming to be a biafran while you only visit your village during Christmas... Lol you probably should delete ur profile on here so we would know you a full blooded Biafran... Lol

4 Likes

Re: Should There Be A Dress Code In Offices And Universities? by Dcaliphate(m): 2:13pm On Jul 16, 2015
i dress to kill, thats d only dress code i take
Re: Should There Be A Dress Code In Offices And Universities? by omaiyale: 2:13pm On Jul 16, 2015
Diesel1:
MUMU

1 Like

Re: Should There Be A Dress Code In Offices And Universities? by teelacruz(m): 2:13pm On Jul 16, 2015
N.O......no.....nay......lailai.
Re: Should There Be A Dress Code In Offices And Universities? by Bsc(m): 2:13pm On Jul 16, 2015
It seems academic environment is getting more decent in dressing than some churches... Honestly ..op let the revolution start from churches.. Last 2wks sunday I almost released (new album) inside church because of wetin one sister wear come church. Hehehe

1 Like

Re: Should There Be A Dress Code In Offices And Universities? by ylaa(f): 2:14pm On Jul 16, 2015
maybe maybe not
Re: Should There Be A Dress Code In Offices And Universities? by dondo83(m): 2:14pm On Jul 16, 2015
In management there is what we call culture identity, dress code in any organisation has several advantages

1. it gives an identity (branding)( dont be surprise that its not only about what you wear , companies go as far as choosing colours of what you should wear)

2. its helps separate business from leisure( the way you dressed will determine how you are been addressed)

3. Its also shows a level of discipline.

4. It identifies different professions without even interaction. ( i know a police man or a soldier through uniforms.

There are other reasons but this should do

2 Likes

Re: Should There Be A Dress Code In Offices And Universities? by Richie0974: 2:15pm On Jul 16, 2015
Hell No!!....what's gonna make university students different from secondary school and primary school students

1 Like

Re: Should There Be A Dress Code In Offices And Universities? by Adebayocollins6: 2:15pm On Jul 16, 2015
Clean bold5 for sale. #5 000naira only. Call seller on 08024712145

Re: Should There Be A Dress Code In Offices And Universities? by ruddylicious: 2:15pm On Jul 16, 2015
It depends on the organization.
Re: Should There Be A Dress Code In Offices And Universities? by karllemah44(m): 2:15pm On Jul 16, 2015
Diesel1:
Nwanne m i believe you GO BIAFRA jare

1 Like

Re: Should There Be A Dress Code In Offices And Universities? by naijainfogalery: 2:16pm On Jul 16, 2015
Well it depends, you dont expect a banker to wear casual to a multi million naira deal, you wont trust that kind of person but for some business its just not necessary

I have never used tie all my life, so i went for an interview once, i managed to dress corporate and didn't use tie then the Manager of this IT firm was asking me why i didnt wear suit and tie, then he tried to rubbish me, thank God ive been in the industry for a while, in my mind i just shook my head and in my mind i asked what does an IT firm need a suit for? Immediately i just determined in my mind that i was never gonna work here. Then after the whole interview, then it comes to negotiation the annoying pot bellied man was pricing me like pepper, then i jokingly asked him so it is with this salary you want me to be on suit, he couldnt believe it then i quickly give him some piece of my mind in a very respectable way.

I couldnt believe after that he still wanna employ me, he said he likes my wildness yet he no wan pay

5 Likes

Re: Should There Be A Dress Code In Offices And Universities? by furetin20: 2:17pm On Jul 16, 2015
No
Re: Should There Be A Dress Code In Offices And Universities? by Jaymaxxy(m): 2:17pm On Jul 16, 2015
NO
Re: Should There Be A Dress Code In Offices And Universities? by EagleScribes: 2:17pm On Jul 16, 2015
There should be mental codes too.

That will address the issue of dress codes
Re: Should There Be A Dress Code In Offices And Universities? by fratermathy(m): 2:18pm On Jul 16, 2015
Monday : Suit
Tuesday: Plain shirt and trouser
Wednesday : Polo and Jean
Thursday: Coloured shirt and velvet trouser or chinos
Friday: Agbada, Kaftan, Djalabial, or any native clothes.

grin cheesy

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should There Be A Dress Code In Offices And Universities? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jul 16, 2015
If the price is right, I wear your uniform.

But, ordinarily, I would say HELL NO! to uniforms

However, I think there should be some form of dress code in offices and schools not so we can form cookie cutter people or stifle creativity.

It serves as a purpose; to establish order, decency, professionalism and also serve as a restrictive barrier for those who go too far in how they dress...as in how short can this skirt be or how low cut can this blouse be or how high can this heels be. Can I wear slacks, this color, this outfit etc.....

Anyway, anyway one needs a good balance
Re: Should There Be A Dress Code In Offices And Universities? by kingarizona1(m): 2:18pm On Jul 16, 2015
Sure, they should be

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Get Good Real Estate Income: Training & Employment Opportunity [Residual Income] / Eight Things Remarkably Successful People Do / Why You Should Always Update Your CV Even When Employed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.