Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,006 members, 7,806,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:04 AM

Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to - Health (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to (37213 Views)

4-Year-Old Girl Suffers Nephrotic Syndrome In Kaduna. Photo / Four Children From The Same Parents Are Born Blind In Edo (Photos) / Crippled And Partly Blind Man In Osun (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by Caracta(f): 5:25pm On Oct 13, 2015
tearoses:

LOL . . in that case get ready for mama Turaya at Yemetu to eat Amala and Abula & goat meat grin grin
Meanwhile look who is talking. This is someone I was begging to eat o! angry.

Yes oooo.

That day, I was all for business so I couldn't eat. But next visit... grin

1 Like

Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by Caracta(f): 5:30pm On Oct 13, 2015
Funjosh:

Ma Tearoses Amen and you too

Caracta Baba Tomiwa called me now, Truly u can handle Him.

Lol. Don't mind him.

1 Like

Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by Idowuogbo(f): 10:18am On Oct 19, 2015
Funjosh:

Ma Tearoses Amen and you too

Caracta Baba Tomiwa called me now, Truly u can handle Him.

The Doctor said she have to give Tomiwa another appointment which now is 3/11/2015 because he didn't allow her to check the pressure on the eye. He always wake up once the eye drop is applied and starts scratching and fighting off everybody.

Same process was repeated four times before she conclude that he has to come back for another appointment.

One thing am not please about was the changing of Doctor though the Doctor that attended to him today tried her best anyway its like Tomiwa is aware of the environment now.

I even asked may be we should pin him down while she checked what she wanted to check she said no that he needs to be relaxed and be calmed on his own while she perform her duties.

She said he should continue with the eye drop till the next appointment date.
This is so damn annoying. He has been through so much and its almost impossible to get him to understand keeping still is part of the procedure. That doctor should know better. There's no way to keep him calm, even with bribe it won't work.The 'CHILD' is scared gademmit! angry
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 19, 2015
Idowuogbo:

This is so damn annoying. He has been through so much and its almost impossible to get him to understand keeping still is part of the procedure. That doctor should know better. There's no way to keep him calm, even with bribe it won't work.The 'CHILD' is scared gademmit! angry

I feel your frustrations too ma'am
Im thinking of calling up my local hospital eye clinic to ask how they get to look into kids eyes
I dont think they hold kids down here, and they def wont sedate
Surely there must be a way round this
The problem is the more they force him, the more scared he becomes
I cant imagine how he must be feeling especially as he cant see things coming towards him
It is well

Has anyone got any ideas?
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by Funjosh(m): 5:47am On Oct 20, 2015
tearoses:

I feel your frustrations too ma'am
Im thinking of calling up my local hospital eye clinic to ask how they get to look into kids eyes
I dont think they hold kids down here, and they def wont sedate
Surely there must be a way round this
The problem is the more they force him, the more scared he becomes
I cant imagine how he must be feeling especially as he cant see things coming towards him
It is well

Has anyone got any ideas?

Its like Tomiwa listen to the mother and feel more comfortable with her more than the dad, may be if the woman can go wit him (I hope she is strong enough to go out) speak to him hold and pet him that he should relax that what they wanted to do on his eye is for good let her sweet talk the boy. One thing I observed again is it seem the first eye drop that they do applied before checking the eyes is pep perish that is another area where he start scratching the eye and fighting off the hand that hold him. I just hope their is another way
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by olu4life(m): 9:51pm On Nov 03, 2015
Evening house, Tomiwa and d parent was at d clinic today for d checkup.

The doctor was able to check on his eye finally after dosage of sleeping drugs grin

The conclusion was that a test would be carried out on the eyes on the 15th of December.

That's all for now
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by Caracta(f): 10:03pm On Nov 03, 2015
Thanks olu4life. This back and forth at the hospital sha. It is well.

Any improvement?
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by olu4life(m): 7:13am On Nov 04, 2015
Caracta:
Thanks olu4life. This back and forth at the hospital sha. It is well.

Any improvement?
Seem so. Cos I believe for the said test to hold, then it's a positive step. Didn't follow them to d clinic embarassed
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by Funjosh(m): 7:53am On Nov 04, 2015
olu4life:

The doctor was able to check on his eye finally after dosage of sleeping drugs grin

The conclusion was that a test would be carried out on the eyes on the 15th of December.

That's all for now

sad sad sad
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by Funjosh(m): 7:58am On Nov 04, 2015
Thank bro, sorry for not been around but we thank God the eyes were examined this time around.

Called the mother yesterday was told he didn't even wake up till he was close to the house.

Let hope the said test yield a positive result smiley

1 Like

Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by Nobody: 9:29am On Nov 04, 2015
Amen

Thank you guys. . . .

It is well.
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by Ralphlauren(m): 12:32pm On Nov 08, 2015
olu4life:

That's all for now

Great news. smiley

God bless you Olu for all your labour of love. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by Idowuogbo(f): 8:31pm On Nov 08, 2015
Good news....the appointments and tests na wa. I don't understand this hospital ke, so we'll have to wait on the tests to know if the eyedrops are working? Shebi na persin examine the eye? Can't they see any signs of improvement? If dem no event x-ray nko? Oluwa o! Take control oo...hian!!
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by Ralphlauren(m): 5:56pm On Dec 10, 2015
Bump

Tearoses

Any update ?

1 Like

Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by Nobody: 8:21pm On Dec 10, 2015
Ralphlauren:
Bump

Tearoses

Any update ?

They have an appt next week
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by Ralphlauren(m): 8:40pm On Dec 10, 2015
tearoses:

Okay ma'am

Keep us updated. By Gods Grace I will sent something to Tomiwa for Christmas
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by notindome(m): 2:56pm On Dec 15, 2015
tearoses:

pls send me acct no. to assist in my little way. i remember i once asked for it but didnt get it and i did not follow up on it due to tight schedules.

Regards.
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by Nobody: 7:39am On Dec 16, 2015
notindome:

pls send me acct no. to assist in my little way. i remember i once asked for it but didnt get it and i did not follow up on it due to tight schedules.

Regards.

Than you very much and God bless you
cc Tehn
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by Ralphlauren(m): 1:19pm On Jan 30, 2016
Bump

Any updates please?

@tehn
Is it the same PayPal account ?
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by Caracta(f): 8:09pm On Jan 30, 2016
Ralphlauren:
Bump

Any updates please?

@tehn
Is it the same PayPal account ?

cc tearoses.

Where on earth is idowuogbo?

1 Like

Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by 1miccza: 9:11pm On Jan 30, 2016
Caracta:

cc tearoses.
Where on earth is idowuogbo?
Keep it up nice job.
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by Funjosh(m): 10:08pm On Jan 30, 2016
Idowuogbo

1 Like

Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by isalegan2: 12:34am On Feb 13, 2016
Just seeing this for the first time. What's the status? Are his sights restored? Will he be undergoing surgery for such? How do we donate? Thanks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by Funjosh(m): 6:27pm On Feb 21, 2016
isalegan2:
Just seeing this for the first time. What's the status? Are his sights restored? Will he be undergoing surgery for such? How do we donate? Thanks.

Cc Tearoses

Caracta

Olu4live
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by Nobody: 9:36pm On Feb 21, 2016
isalegan2:

He still goes to appointments every month at Luth.
They haven't said anything concrete and they just prescribe eye drops and ask them to come back the following month.
As its dragging, what we want to do is to empower the mum from the donations received so far, so that she can use the money to look after the little boy and buy drops, medications etc for him as required.
Unfortunately Pacelli do not take kids until they are 7 so he cant have an education until his sight is restored or until he is 7.

cc caracta
olu4life
funjosh
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by katyamizotta: 9:09pm On Jun 15, 2016
Please what is the update on this case?
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by Funjosh(m): 5:57pm On Jun 16, 2016
katyamizotta:
Please what is the update on this case?

cc caracta
olu4life
Tearoses
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by ancillaeye: 8:35am On Jun 29, 2016
I am touched by the story of the boy. The full address of the Ancilla Catholic Hospital Eye Centre is off Iju road by the new Hutoos supermarket, No 1, Odumosu Close, Off Iju Road, Agege Lagos. Yo can get full details on www.ancilllaeyecentre.com Best of luck
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by TeHN: 1:22pm On May 31, 2017
Re: Final Update on Tomiwa

TeHN has decided to formally close this case and as such implore that you consider our final position below.
We explored and focused on two options (corrective surgery & enrollment at a charity run school for blind people) available to us in helping him get better at the time

Both options proved abortive for one reason or the other at the time and we were left with the question of what to do with donated funds. We decided at the time to explore empowering the parents with the funds so they can be self-sufficient and in turn capable of managing his disability going forward.

Sadly, they haven’t been responsive to our subsequent overtures as they categorically stated they aren’t interested with the funds due to their religious beliefs.

To enable us close this case, we are proposing to roll the remaining funds (N20k & £170) over for future TeHN cases or offer full refund to those that donated on this thread.

Kindly send us an email at ehelpersnetwork@gmail.com if you are interested in the refund. We will conclude no one is interested in the refund if we don’t receive any request by the end of June

We thank you all for your continued support.

Regards

TeHN

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by Funjosh(m): 1:52pm On May 31, 2017
Not understanding embarassed
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by jaybee3(m): 1:53pm On May 31, 2017
Funjosh:
Not understanding embarassed

What's confusing Sir?
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by Funjosh(m): 2:03pm On May 31, 2017
TeHN:
Re: Final Update on Tomiwa

TeHN has decided to formally close this case and as such implore that you consider our final position below.
We explored and focused on two options (corrective surgery & enrollment at a charity run school for blind people) available to us in helping him get better at the time

Both options proved abortive for one reason or the other at the time and we were left with the question of what to do with donated funds. We decided at the time to explore empowering the parents with the funds so they can be self-sufficient and in turn capable of managing his disability going forward.

Sadly, they haven’t been responsive to our subsequent overtures as they categorically stated they aren’t interested with the funds due to their religious beliefs.

To enable us close this case, we are proposing to roll the remaining funds (N20k & £170) over for future TeHN cases or offer full refund to those that donated on this thread.

Kindly send us an email at ehelpersnetwork@gmail.com if you are interested in the refund. We will conclude no one is interested in the refund if we don’t receive any request by the end of June

We thank you all for your continued support.

Regards

TeHN

I think the bolden was the last stand while we wait for him to attain the age of enrollment, is it the parent that are refusing him not going to the school

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Doctors Separate Conjoined Twins At Abuja Hospital,speaker Dogara Pay The Bill(p / Call For The Resignation Of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO DG, Over COVID-19 / Mad Woman Delivers Twins In Delta State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.