Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,898 members, 7,806,625 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:18 PM

The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers (18762 Views)

5 Hot Niches Nigerian Bloggers Underrate -Techinfo / The Truths About Blogging: My 2 Cents To Wannabe Nigerian Bloggers / Challenges Facing Nigerian Bloggers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by luigiajah(m): 7:15pm On Jul 16, 2015
The naira is quickly falling and nobody seems to be doing anything about it. Our President , Muhammadu Buhari isn't making issues better. As It stands he sacked the NNPC Board of Directors And He is yet to appoint a Minister Of Petroleum Resources. We all know that Nigeria's main source of income is from Crude Oil. Buhari promised to make $1 = N1 , yet we are seeing something worse than we expected, The fact that The APC accused the former president Goodluck Jonathan and Dieziani Allison Madueke (The previous Minister Of Petroleum Resources under the Goodluck Jonathan Administration) for being the cause of the fall of the Naira.

Every Nigerian can testify that the Naira has dropped more than 3 times since Mr Buhari came into power. Coming to the blogosphere, Almost all transactions bloggers make online are done in dollars.
A .com domain name on GODADDY costs around $9.99 which was previously around N1798 when a dollar was equal to N180 now it costs N2417 (an addition of N619). However, Bloggers can escape this by using coupons. You can check for godaddy coupons on google or here on my blog. Coupons would reduce the cost of the domain. A $0.99 coupon can get you a domain for N239.

Webmasters And Bloggers Using Google's Blogger are safe since Google hosts their blogs free of charge. However our counterparts on Wordpress and Other self hosted platforms would face something quite different. Yearly hosting On GODADDY costs around $46 which is an equivalent of N11,132 (previously Around N9000). The falling dollar poses a huge threat to webmasters,

However, For those who have Google Adsense On Their Blogs, They are safe if they keep having a high CPC ( cost per click) . Their earnings would keep them safe till the fall of the naira affects the price of goods,

High earning/spending bloggers who are also running ads on Facebook would be forced to reduce their ad budgets, Adwords Advertisers are not left out as well.

Many bloggers would be forced to remain on a sub domain , which is not good for many of us, Only Linda Ikeji has survived with a sub domain. However any blogger on a sub domain is never respected.

Domain names command authority and the fall of the naira will certainly affect us.

cc laalsticlala

cc ishilove

http://www.naijatechguy.com/2015/07/the-falling-naira-against-dollar-and.html

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by toluine56(m): 7:16pm On Jul 16, 2015
Actually thought it'ld be of more gain to dem bloggers since they get dollar cheques

11 Likes

Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by feldido(m): 7:16pm On Jul 16, 2015
Bloggers again? undecided
Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jul 16, 2015
Bloggers and there wahala..

3 Likes

Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by Ben1975(m): 6:08am On Jul 17, 2015
Receiving money online has never been so lucrative for us. If you are a person who does things like affiliate marketing or MLM just $99 is over 21,000 naira now but people are not waking up to that fact and many of these opportunities are free to join.

$99! Even the most lazy marketers can handle that. 90%+ Nigerians are living on one third of that.

I have been discussing this on Nairaland for a while now but few people hear my english;

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by Misterlaby: 6:53am On Jul 17, 2015
Does positive outweighs negative according to you now

1 Like

Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by Phlaser(m): 10:06am On Jul 17, 2015
Are you a blogger, an online sales person or you want massive and targeted traffic to website or product. I am a traffic expert and I will show you this system that sends massive traffic to your website. The bonus you get is that you get PAID for your own adverts.
Inbox me for detail via 08068677508 on whatsapp
Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by Brownhacks(m): 12:27pm On Jul 17, 2015
from my point of observation the odds of this dollar issue infact is an advantage for bloggers and I am a Blogger too, though just started, to sum up everything you said you pay for hosting and domain for approximately 15k, hmmm do knw there are bloggers collecting 500$ check from adsense and affiliate networks monthly not even annually, entertainment bloggers can confirm that figure and other high traffic blogs can you compare that, not annually so I totally disagree with your post, it a higher for those starting a new blog and those not making a penny from there blogs.check my blog out on my signature maybe people here we learn one or two things on how to blog

3 Likes

Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by ultrazone2(m): 12:52pm On Jul 17, 2015
agaga
Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by Neduzze5(m): 12:53pm On Jul 17, 2015
And the dullardish bunkom is doing what exactly?? undecided angry

3 Likes

Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by Swaggzkid: 12:53pm On Jul 17, 2015
@Brownhacks all you've said have heard , but I just got to your blog. As I entad chai! *mk i no talk*
Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by thefakestan: 12:53pm On Jul 17, 2015
Hello world can't really remember anything about blogging.

ThefakeStan
Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by Donalleh(m): 12:54pm On Jul 17, 2015
YES OH
Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by yang(m): 12:54pm On Jul 17, 2015
if you are an actual blogger who makes money in foreign currency, you will make more money in naira now. This is the time to make money in foreign currency.

I pity people who make money in naira cos they are automatically being devalued

1 Like

Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by eleojo23: 12:55pm On Jul 17, 2015
The people who will mostly benefit from this are those who have e-currencies in USD.
In fact, those guys are praying for naira to fall further. Irony of life.
Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by INTERMAN: 12:55pm On Jul 17, 2015
To me It is rising ni nau. Something that increase from 150 to 245. Is it not a rise
Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by jaybee3(m): 12:55pm On Jul 17, 2015
luigiajah:

Every Nigerian can testify that the Naira has dropped more than 3 times since Mr Buhari came into power.

Why should i take you serious if you slept through maths class?

4 Likes

Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 17, 2015
Buhari,during his campaign, promised to equate the naira with the dollar.His nonchalant attitude in appointing his cabinet who will start implementing his campaign promises fuel this.Jack of all trade.master of none.
Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by NotNairalandi(m): 12:56pm On Jul 17, 2015
I'm neither APC nor PDP grin

But I have to say this;
In nigeria few people are running around for a solution to our problems(Mr president and his cabinets)

While millions of people are busy complaining and blaming(the Masses)

But do you believe that if reverse is the case(I.e if millions are looking for solution and few are busy complaining and blaming)nigeria as a country will be a better place for all of us!

4 Likes

Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by kilode100(f): 12:57pm On Jul 17, 2015
Who cares if Linda Ikeji becomes poor and turns to overnight ashawo??

The TRUTH is that Sai Buhari Lied simple.

4 Likes

Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by free2ryhme: 12:57pm On Jul 17, 2015
live story

who go spend go spend

not time
Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by loomer: 12:57pm On Jul 17, 2015
Me no kuku understand wetin dey happen.
Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by sweetgala(m): 12:57pm On Jul 17, 2015
Stop these lies the Naira has dropped once since Buhari came into power , and the Naira has dropped twice sine he was elected president.

Those are two very different realities, yes we would all prefer if Buhari had his fiscal and economics teams selected throttling along but we should accept that due to his yearning to get the right person the first time that is taking longer than usual.

I'd expect when he gets back from the USA and the senate reconvene he'd name his cabinet.

Buhari is not the source if our current woes and any attempt to implicate him is dubious , the FG in colution with the 7th senate and state governors who didn't perform under the GEJ administration are reason we are here.

I can remember when Lamido Sanusi was shouting that things can't keep going the way it's going, what did GEJ do to him , we all thought Okonjo was super woman now our eyes have cleared and we can see the true destruction her recklessness has caused

It was inevitable we would have to devalue the Naira the other alternative is just not feadible. So suck it up and let's see how we can improve things, we are not in this OPEC oil warfare alone but our previous economic mismanagement and corrupt dispensations have exposed us greatly

3 Likes

Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jul 17, 2015
what is a blogger
Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by arsetalks(m): 12:58pm On Jul 17, 2015
I was going to take this post seriously and read through until the OP said Buhari promised to make N1 equal to $1. Thats just silly. You are supposed to be a blogger and you have zero research culture. If you had done a little researcher, you would have known the word of the president was twisted.

If you are a blogger, and I call myself a blogger tooo, I think it is time I seriously consider what I am. Cos if you are a blogger and you come up with that rubbish, then you and I can't be in the same field.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by Zico5(m): 12:58pm On Jul 17, 2015
I laugh at times whenever I read Jonathan dogs lamenting about any issue pertaining to economy. Some of them re just deluded, confused and misguided as to how government is being run. They expect Buhari to perform the kind of miracle their godmaster could not do in six year just in a month plus. We true democrats re aware of all happenings and will be patient enough to see the change we desire. Jonathan is indeed a calamity and we give thanks to God for this change

1 Like

Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by arsetalks(m): 12:59pm On Jul 17, 2015
Ben1975:
Receiving money online has never been so lucrative for us. If you are a person who does things like affiliate marketing or MLM just $99 is over 21,000 naira now but people are not waking up to that fact and many of these opportunities are free to join.

I have been discussing this on Nairaland for a while no but few people hear my english
What you have forgotten is that the dollar you receive, you are having to spend it here in Nigeria and inflation eats up virtually every of the so called gain.

3 Likes

Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by arsetalks(m): 12:59pm On Jul 17, 2015
kilode100:
Who cares if Linda Ikeji becomes poor and turns to overnight ashawo??

The TRUTH is that Sai Buhari Lied simple.
How did he lie? Can you educate me please.
Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jul 17, 2015
Eyah
Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by DTOBS(m): 1:00pm On Jul 17, 2015
ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Your Paypal Account Is Limit ? Want To Cashout Or Lifted Limit ? / Facebook Ranks Nigeria, Kenya Top In Africa As Mobile Active Users / Pls Help!how Do I Add A Forum Page To My Website?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.