Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,869 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:38 AM

Cleaner Leads Gang To Rob Boss’ Neighbours (photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Cleaner Leads Gang To Rob Boss’ Neighbours (photo) (32071 Views)

Teenager Leads Gang To Rob Oyinbo Man At Gunpoint In Traffic In Ghana (Pics) / How I Led My Gang To Hijack Bullion Van With N200m – Kidnapper Evans / Houseboy Leads Gang To Kidnap Boss’ Son In Edo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cleaner Leads Gang To Rob Boss’ Neighbours (photo) by missbehave247(m): 3:35am On Jul 17, 2015
A man, who worked as a cleaner in a building on Tony Oghenejode Close, off Omorinre Johnson Street, in the Lekki Phase 1 area of Lagos State, has allegedly led a three-man gang to rob two residents ─ a lawyer, Adaku Ufere and her brother, Chukwuebuka ─ in the neighbourhood.

It was learnt that the cleaner, identified only as Jasper, connived with other suspects, Monday Daniel and Joseph Timileyin, to burgle the flat of the residents around 3am on June 23, carting away property worth N650,000.

Some of the stolen items include, two laptops, a wrist watch and an iphone.

It was gathered that the lawyer raised the alarm as the robbers left, leading to Daniel’s arrest by security guards. He was reportedly nabbed with the laptops

and was handed over to the police. It was learnt that he later led the police to apprehend Timilehin.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the gang had carried out other robbery operations in the Lekki and Victoria Island areas.

The suspects reportedly confessed to taking part in the robbery of a businesswoman, Jolomi Etabuko, who lived on Ihuntayi Street, Victoria Island.

PUNCH Metro had reported on May 20 that one Yusuf Olalekan, who is now in remand at the Ikoyi Prison, and other fleeing accomplices, stabbed Etabuko multiple times after dispossessing her of valuables worth N2.2m.

Twenty-year-old Daniel, who hails from Cross River State, told the police that he had been involved in seven robbery operations within a year. He said his role was to stay outside and alert his members to the presence of policemen.

He said, “I am a labourer, but due to keeping bad friends, I have involved myself in series of robbery for one year now. Jasper, Wale (Timileyin) and I conspired to rob the complainant. It was Jasper, a domestic cleaner at a building on the street, that
invited us for the robbery.

“In three of our robbery operations, my share was N38,000, N28,000 and N57,000 respectively. We sold the stolen items to one man at a market on the Lagos Island. I don’t know his name but I can identify him in person.

“Whenever we go out for an operation, my duty is to stand outside and watch. It is true that a few months ago Wale, Yusuf (Olalekan) and I went to rob Etabuko on the Victoria Island, but it was Yusuf who stabbed the woman before we escaped.”

In his statement, 22-year-old Timileyin, an indigene of Ogun State, said his wife had warned him against robbery. He said she relocated to Ibadan, Oyo State, when he refused to listen to her.
He said, “I’m a National Diploma student. My first operation was that of Etabuko. Only Yusuf (Olalekan) and I entered her apartment, but it was Yusuf who stabbed her.”

Seven counts bordering on burglary, stealing and robbery were preferred against the defendants by a police prosecutor, Sergeant Daniel Ighodalo, who arraigned them before a Tinubu Magistrate’s Court on the Lagos Island.

The charges read in part, “That you, Monday Daniel, Joseph Timileyin and others now at large, on June 23, 2015 at about 3am, on Tony Oghenejode Close, off Omorinre Johnson Street, in the Lekki Phase 1, Eti-Osa Local Government Area, Lagos, within Lagos Magisterial District, did conspire to commit felony to
wit: burgling the house of one Adaku Ufere.

“That you, and others now at large, on the same date, time and place, in the aforesaid magisterial district, did steal one Mac Book laptop valued at N280,000; a Del laptop worth N120,000; an iphone valued at N185,000 and Guess watch worth N8,000 ─ all valued at N653,000 ─ property of Chukwuebuka Ufere.

“That you, Yusuf Olalekan, and others now at large, on April 20, 2015, at about 2am, at Plot 2, Block 14, Ihuntayi Street, Victoria Island, in the Lagos Magisterial District, did cause grievous harm to one Jolomi Etabuko and robbed her of $300, a box of gold
jewellery valued at $7,000; two iphones valued at N400,000; Samsung Galaxy with two SIM cards valued at N30,000, Sony laptop worth $1000, ipad worth N130,000. All valued at N2.2m.”

The defendants’ pleas were not taken by the court.

The presiding magistrate, Mrs. A. Tobi, ordered that the defendants be remanded in prison and their case file be transferred to the Directorate of Public Prosecutions for legal advice.

The case was adjourned till August 24, 2015.

Cc:lalasticlala

Source: http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/cleaner-leads-gang-to-rob-boss-neighbours/

1 Like

Re: Cleaner Leads Gang To Rob Boss’ Neighbours (photo) by HungerBAD: 3:41am On Jul 17, 2015
I don't know when Armed Robbers around the world, will realize that you cannot make it in life by robbing people. Get some education, and the windows of opportunities abound.

Even the mythical Robin Hood, that used to steal from the rich and give to the poor was not even rich. And i was under the impression that Lekki Phase One, is suppose to be a very safe place. So how come these guys got in at 3 in the morning? hopefully they change their ways when they get out of jail.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cleaner Leads Gang To Rob Boss’ Neighbours (photo) by Nobody: 3:52am On Jul 17, 2015
terrible.
now i know somebody is coming to blame GMB on this...

1 Like

Re: Cleaner Leads Gang To Rob Boss’ Neighbours (photo) by Nobody: 4:00am On Jul 17, 2015
House helps be plotting evil since forever

1 Like

Re: Cleaner Leads Gang To Rob Boss’ Neighbours (photo) by wachakuta(m): 4:15am On Jul 17, 2015
Incase

Ehn yeye bois.. na rmed robbery dem send una come do for earth abi...
Re: Cleaner Leads Gang To Rob Boss’ Neighbours (photo) by Jj222(f): 4:38am On Jul 17, 2015
but why did they cover the first guy's face?and his full name was not giving? .

3 Likes

Re: Cleaner Leads Gang To Rob Boss’ Neighbours (photo) by AceOfDiamonds(m): 5:20am On Jul 17, 2015
Whatever happened to the adage, You do not bite the hands that feed you??
Re: Cleaner Leads Gang To Rob Boss’ Neighbours (photo) by boboLIL(m): 5:35am On Jul 17, 2015
He is a pure criminal not a cleaner......he should be in d prison wid his gang wid hard labour option

1 Like

Re: Cleaner Leads Gang To Rob Boss’ Neighbours (photo) by Judolisco(m): 10:15am On Jul 17, 2015
busted

1 Like

Re: Cleaner Leads Gang To Rob Boss’ Neighbours (photo) by Rexphobia(m): 10:16am On Jul 17, 2015
Is this supposed to be a mugshot?

Nigerian police, at least use marker to write the office naw

2 Likes

Re: Cleaner Leads Gang To Rob Boss’ Neighbours (photo) by Nobody: 10:16am On Jul 17, 2015
damn.. yorobbers and drug sniffing iboes are Nigerian problems grin grin grin

If you remind me that my brother are boko haram... thunder go faya you o

1 Like

Re: Cleaner Leads Gang To Rob Boss’ Neighbours (photo) by hackerboogey: 10:16am On Jul 17, 2015
Re: Cleaner Leads Gang To Rob Boss’ Neighbours (photo) by sheddo619(m): 10:17am On Jul 17, 2015
99 days for d theif but one day for hin oga
Re: Cleaner Leads Gang To Rob Boss’ Neighbours (photo) by Donalleh(m): 10:17am On Jul 17, 2015
gbasere
Re: Cleaner Leads Gang To Rob Boss’ Neighbours (photo) by AlchemistDean(m): 10:17am On Jul 17, 2015
Na wa oo...No one is to be Trusted nd' no one is Safe
Re: Cleaner Leads Gang To Rob Boss’ Neighbours (photo) by mrphysics(m): 10:17am On Jul 17, 2015
naija, the world of no imposibility
Re: Cleaner Leads Gang To Rob Boss’ Neighbours (photo) by bastien: 10:18am On Jul 17, 2015
Na so
Re: Cleaner Leads Gang To Rob Boss’ Neighbours (photo) by Husnur(m): 10:18am On Jul 17, 2015
This our world I wonder may Allah guide us
Re: Cleaner Leads Gang To Rob Boss’ Neighbours (photo) by Precious91(m): 10:18am On Jul 17, 2015
wow.All these funny news sef
Re: Cleaner Leads Gang To Rob Boss’ Neighbours (photo) by ultrazone2(m): 10:20am On Jul 17, 2015
pqpqp
Re: Cleaner Leads Gang To Rob Boss’ Neighbours (photo) by scribble: 10:22am On Jul 17, 2015
Naija

If Baba Bubu didn't scrap YOUwin, these ones would have seen money to start yahoo business na
Re: Cleaner Leads Gang To Rob Boss’ Neighbours (photo) by donfemo(m): 10:22am On Jul 17, 2015
Its pathetic, young fellows who are supposed to make something meaningful out of life. Everyone wants to get rich quick.
Re: Cleaner Leads Gang To Rob Boss’ Neighbours (photo) by Sijo01(f): 10:25am On Jul 17, 2015
Some domestic servants are just evil.
Re: Cleaner Leads Gang To Rob Boss’ Neighbours (photo) by gozmok1(m): 10:28am On Jul 17, 2015
Dharniel:
terrible.
now i know somebody is coming to blame this on GMB...
i blame duara dullard for this.

1 Like

Re: Cleaner Leads Gang To Rob Boss’ Neighbours (photo) by EagleScribes: 10:29am On Jul 17, 2015
Lord deliver is from evil!
Re: Cleaner Leads Gang To Rob Boss’ Neighbours (photo) by imsuboi(m): 10:29am On Jul 17, 2015
It was learnt that the cleaner, identified only as Jasper,
connived with other suspects, Monday Daniel and Joseph
Timileyin

grin grin
Re: Cleaner Leads Gang To Rob Boss’ Neighbours (photo) by emekan: 10:29am On Jul 17, 2015
It's a tough country but resorting to stealing?........ BTW try zooming into the photo and see how out Nigerian Police spelt "burglary". Hilarious.

4 Likes

Re: Cleaner Leads Gang To Rob Boss’ Neighbours (photo) by bidexmat(m): 10:32am On Jul 17, 2015
Operation or petty thiefry! Na small pikin play be dis.
Lamido and Nyako's saga na di real operation. To steal money without gun or dagger na beans? The peak of "operation" na to steal wth biro grin
Re: Cleaner Leads Gang To Rob Boss’ Neighbours (photo) by Dega128(m): 10:36am On Jul 17, 2015
angry angry angry angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Rescued From 160ft Well In Lagos (Photos) / Man Feeds His Daughter Faeces In Port Harcourt, Remanded In Prison / Hoodlums Attack Presidential Task Force At Tin Can Port (photos, Video) - Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.