Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,359 members, 7,808,251 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:24 AM

$1.5bn Badagry Port Construction Begins Sept – LASG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $1.5bn Badagry Port Construction Begins Sept – LASG (878 Views)

Cross River Seaport Construction Begins In Three Months — Ayade / Gov. Ambode- $1.5bn Badagry Port Construction Will Begin In Sept / $1.5bn Badagry Port Construction Begins Sept – LASG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

$1.5bn Badagry Port Construction Begins Sept – LASG by Nobody: 4:52am On Jul 17, 2015
Lagos—governor Akinwunmi Ambode of Lagos State, yesterday, said construction of the planned $1.5 billion Badagry Deep Seaport will commence in two months.
This came barely six days after the consortium for the project expected to be the largest deep sea port in Africa emerged.
Ambode disclosed this when he led a team to inspect various developmental projects such as; the ongoing expansion works on the Lagos-Badagry Expressway into 10 lanes, Badagry Deep Seaport, among others.
According to him, “We hope that in the next two months, we would commence construction work on this project. This is my reason for coming here personally to see things for myself.”
Assuring investors, he said, “We know that they (investors) have done their best to ensure the project comes to fruition,” we will also do our best to see the project commence operation within the shortest possible time.
“The project means a lot to us in terms of employment and establishment of new settlements,” the governor added.
Ambode stressed that his administration would work effectively to bring development to the communities in the state.
Appealing to the warring communities, the governor said “There are 12 communities here; we will ensure that they are all compensated.
“But in a situation where we have one or two communities still at the negotiation stage, we will ensure that we reach necessary conclusion.
“I just want to appeal to one of the warring communities -Aivoji, that they are safe.
On the Lagos-Badagry Expressway, Ambode said, “We are going to mobilise immediately to see that what has been done from Mile 2 to National Theatre (end of the Blue line of the Lagos lite rail) continue to Marina within the next 12 months.”
He added that, “We should be able to put to use whatever has been done from Mile 2 to Marina. We will protect the interest of every community by supporting them. We will be working with them to ensure that all issues are sorted out soon.”
“Even as we ensure that the project is long lasting for generation yet unborn,” Ambode added.
The governor noted that the commencement of the project would not halt the ongoing Lagos-Badagy Express road project, saying “the project would be constructed simultaneously with the ongoing expansion of the Lagos-Badagry expressway into 10 lanes.”

Promises speedy completion of lite rail project
“And immediately they (CCECC) commence work on the road project from Mile 2 towards Badagry, once we pass the aspect of Okokomaiko, we should be able to do the Blue Rail from Mile 2 to Okokomaiko.
“The Mile 2 Badagry Expressway is very important to all of us and like we said, it’s a project that we must finish. It’s a project that I would like to be completed within the shortest possible time, so I’ll like to see greater work done on the road project itself.”
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/1-5bn-badagry-port-construction-begins-sept-lasg/

1 Like

Re: $1.5bn Badagry Port Construction Begins Sept – LASG by carzola(m): 4:54am On Jul 17, 2015
smiley

1 Like

Re: $1.5bn Badagry Port Construction Begins Sept – LASG by boboLIL(m): 4:55am On Jul 17, 2015
success

1 Like

Re: $1.5bn Badagry Port Construction Begins Sept – LASG by donholy28(m): 5:18am On Jul 17, 2015
let's keep watching on till den...soon next governor go start probe on d matter

1 Like

Re: $1.5bn Badagry Port Construction Begins Sept – LASG by Nobody: 5:39am On Jul 17, 2015
donholy28:
let's keep watching on till den...soon next governor go start probe on d matter
To build port no easy o
Re: $1.5bn Badagry Port Construction Begins Sept – LASG by omowolewa: 5:45am On Jul 17, 2015
May Almighty God grant us longlife and prosperity. I can't wait.

Ramadan Mubarak.

2 Likes

Re: $1.5bn Badagry Port Construction Begins Sept – LASG by Nobody: 6:29am On Jul 17, 2015
Eko oni baje o.

Listen to dis freestyle by me..

http://my.notjustok.com/track/24670/
Re: $1.5bn Badagry Port Construction Begins Sept – LASG by agabusta: 6:35am On Jul 17, 2015
Lagos the pacesetter. One deep sea port is planned for Badagry and another one is planned for Lekki.

This is creativity. Lagos is already looking beyond oil and leveraging on it's closeness to the sea.

I would like to see that rail line extend from Marina through VI all the way through Lekki to Epe.

The Lekki and Badagry areas has massive potentials, it's only traffic and corruption that can limit it's growth.

That traffic issue must be resolved before Lagos start experiencing brain drains. I work in VI and sincerely, i'm tired of the traffic I face daily, i'm seriously looking for a way to relocate before traffic reduces my life span.
Re: $1.5bn Badagry Port Construction Begins Sept – LASG by fashoo2010(m): 6:38am On Jul 17, 2015
Dats a great move if only it can be completed, d expressway is long over due for completion
Re: $1.5bn Badagry Port Construction Begins Sept – LASG by Nobody: 7:52am On Jul 17, 2015
fashoo2010:
Dats a great move if only it can be completed, d expressway is long over due for completion
Promise is a debt, we won't forget
Re: $1.5bn Badagry Port Construction Begins Sept – LASG by change49ja: 3:12pm On Jul 17, 2015
That's my governor...Eko o ni baje o wink
Re: $1.5bn Badagry Port Construction Begins Sept – LASG by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jul 17, 2015
Where are the haters?

(1) (Reply)

Parents Abandon 70 Corpses Of Newborn Babies In Enugu / CHANGE!!! COAS Sends Sallah Text To Soldiers / How I Was Embarrassed Today By Nigeria Illetrate Police Men.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.