Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,128 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:23 AM

Black Power Duo: Obama And Canada's Michaëlle Jean - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Black Power Duo: Obama And Canada's Michaëlle Jean (2867 Views)

Photos: Is President Obama And President Joko Of Indonesia Identical Brothers? / South Africa Remembers A Fallen Hero, Steven Bantu Biko : ***BLACK POWER!*** / 10 Similarities Between Obama And Yaradua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Black Power Duo: Obama And Canada's Michaëlle Jean by RichyBlacK(m): 5:51pm On Mar 10, 2009
[size=18pt]Canada’s Best Kept Secret … Black Woman Governor General[/size]

President  Obama took his first trip outside of the states on February 19, to go visit Canadian Governor General Michaelle Jean.  Our photo essay  is a beautiful sight for anyone to lay eyes on.  At 51, this woman is the first black Governor General in Canada and only answers to the Queen and Prime Minister.  The official announcement of her appointment was made on August 4, 2005 and she took office September 27.  She was raised in Quebec, but was a  refugee of Haiti before going to Canada in 1968.

Interesting right?  Check her out with our President:

President Obama arriving in Ottawa to meet the Governor General

President Obama walking and talking with Canada Governor-General Michaelle Jean upon arrival in Ottawa February 19

President Obama shares a laugh with Governor General Jean

President Barack Obama and Canadian Governor General Michaelle Jean chat during a meeting following his arrival in Ottawa , Canada , Thursday, Feb. 19, 2009.

Governor-General Michaelle Jean on an average day.

Source
Re: Black Power Duo: Obama And Canada's Michaëlle Jean by RichyBlacK(m): 5:59pm On Mar 10, 2009

Governor General Jean seated in Parliament

Governor-General Michaelle Jean and Prime Minister Stephen Harper

President Obama and Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper walk down on the way to a news conference on Parliament Hill in Ottawa , February 19, 2009.

President Obama Speaks With Prime Minisiter

President Barack Obama and Canada's Governor-General Michaelle Jean
Re: Black Power Duo: Obama And Canada's Michaëlle Jean by tpia: 6:01pm On Mar 10, 2009
Re: Black Power Duo: Obama And Canada's Michaëlle Jean by RichyBlacK(m): 6:03pm On Mar 10, 2009
tpia:

I've known about this lady for a while now. Her predeccessor was Asian, I think.

Besides, she's married to a white guy.

Really, I didn't know that; I just found out about her.
Re: Black Power Duo: Obama And Canada's Michaëlle Jean by tpia: 7:12pm On Mar 10, 2009
Re: Black Power Duo: Obama And Canada's Michaëlle Jean by RichyBlacK(m): 7:14pm On Mar 10, 2009
tpia:

hope that doesnt diminish your high regard for her?

Not at all, I support interracial and inter-ethnic marriages 100%.
Re: Black Power Duo: Obama And Canada's Michaëlle Jean by 4Play(m): 7:20pm On Mar 10, 2009
How can you put Obama on the same pedestal as this impotent chair warmer who is a relic of Canada's link with the British monarchy.
Re: Black Power Duo: Obama And Canada's Michaëlle Jean by tpia: 7:21pm On Mar 10, 2009
Re: Black Power Duo: Obama And Canada's Michaëlle Jean by Gamine(f): 7:23pm On Mar 10, 2009
shocked

Aww. . . .So Pretty!! and a Great Fashion sense

Love the Coat esp and the suits! kiss
Re: Black Power Duo: Obama And Canada's Michaëlle Jean by RichyBlacK(m): 7:24pm On Mar 10, 2009
4 Play:

How can you put Obama on the same pedestal as this impotent chair warmer who is a relic of Canada's link with the British monarchy.

Sorry, but they appeared on the same pedestal, albeit a physical one.

What's you point? You don't like the fact that Canada has a queen?

We know she is not the head of government but it sure feels nice seeing two black faces in positions of power!

[img]http://www.rawpostproduction.ro/black-power-pin.jpg[/img]
Re: Black Power Duo: Obama And Canada's Michaëlle Jean by RichyBlacK(m): 7:29pm On Mar 10, 2009
tpia:

even when it involves black women and non-black men?

Some of you naija dudes seem to have a problem with it. Never mind the fact that many of you date other races while condemning black women who do the same.

and as 4play just confirmed.

Don't mind 4 Play, he's just unhappy with Her Majesty. God bless the queen!

I support all man-woman hookups or marriages 100%. And I have no problem with Naija babes dating Indian, White or Brazilian men. My good friend in grad school is half Yoruba and half African-American, and she's married to a Chinese surgeon living in California.
Re: Black Power Duo: Obama And Canada's Michaëlle Jean by bawomolo(m): 10:58pm On Mar 10, 2009
Isn't her post ceremonial, it's not as if she's negotiating NAFTA with Obama.
Re: Black Power Duo: Obama And Canada's Michaëlle Jean by Nobody: 7:34am On Mar 11, 2009
Inferiority complex dey worry black people too mush.
Re: Black Power Duo: Obama And Canada's Michaëlle Jean by Pataki: 9:49pm On Mar 11, 2009
I must confess, I am just hearing of her for the first time. undecided
Re: Black Power Duo: Obama And Canada's Michaëlle Jean by TOYOSI20(f): 9:52pm On Mar 11, 2009
Same here!!!

I luv her already tho. . . .she looks like shes in so much control of things, i see POWER all over this woman!!!

Smart dress sense BTW!! cool
Re: Black Power Duo: Obama And Canada's Michaëlle Jean by sleekp1: 10:25pm On Mar 11, 2009
What a beautiful sight and before you know it, we have a Black British prime minister (dream on son, dream on).
Re: Black Power Duo: Obama And Canada's Michaëlle Jean by Hotstepper(f): 2:37am On Mar 28, 2009
The ady gat things going for her, doing her job very well, I loved her from day one
Re: Black Power Duo: Obama And Canada's Michaëlle Jean by iReport: 6:37am On Mar 28, 2009
Roflmao grin grin grin grin
Re: Black Power Duo: Obama And Canada's Michaëlle Jean by FBS: 9:28am On Apr 02, 2009
sexki little woman. looks secure and assured.
Re: Black Power Duo: Obama And Canada's Michaëlle Jean by DrDWelz(m): 3:04pm On Apr 03, 2009
I'd also never heard of her prior to reading the thread.
Re: Black Power Duo: Obama And Canada's Michaëlle Jean by oyinda3(f): 6:09pm On May 24, 2009
bawomolo:

lol.
I've never heard of her before as well but I really admire her poise and style. I bet she's a great governor general.

(1) (Reply)

Shocking Photos Of Protesters With Rifles After Killer Cop Was Discharged In U.S / Former Haitian Dictator 'Baby Doc' Duvalier Dies / An Architectural Tour Of North Korea(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.