Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,011 members, 7,806,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:29 AM

Buhari Recalls Narrow Escape From Mob At Prayer Ground - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Buhari Recalls Narrow Escape From Mob At Prayer Ground (586 Views)

Freelancing: A Quick Escape For Unemployment Among Nigerian Youths / Etisalat Directors Resign To Escape Criminal Charges / UBA Security Guard Returns N3m He Found On The Ground. Tony Elumelu Honours Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Recalls Narrow Escape From Mob At Prayer Ground by chidiezeh(m): 2:07pm On Jul 17, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday admitted that the heavy security cordon around him is not capable of protecting him.

He said only God can protect him from being harmed.

Buhari made the submission while granting audience to the Muslim community in the Federal Capital Territory that paid him the traditional Sallah homage at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

The President recalled his experience earlier in the day when some youths, who were desperate to catch a glimpse of him at the prayer ground located on the Airport Road during the Eid-el-Fitri prayers, almost overwhelmed security operatives.

Amidst laughter from his guests, Buhari told the story of how he had to hold tight to his agbada and quickly rushed into his car.

He added that with what happened with Ronald Reagan during his time as United States President, it was clear that only God could protect leaders.

He said anybody armed with a sharp knife could have caused havoc in that kind of riotous situation.

The President said, “I thank you most sincerely for fulfilling the tradition of greetings whoever occupies this place. I thank you very much for your loyalty to the country, as represented by our institutions and to the system.

“Today, during and immediately after the prayers, I think I was bombarded by the youths, who almost overwhelmed the security, and I had to hold tight to my gown to get to my car.

“I was advised to enter the car from the ADC side and I refused. I went across trying to wave my hand to the wild youths, who wanted to see me.

“On an occasion like this, it shows that after what happened to (former) President Ronald Reagan of the USA, it is only God Almighty that protects leaders because in a mob like this, anybody with a sharp knife can get access and do a lot of damage.

“So, all the policemen that were deployed and soldiers since 6 o’clock in the morning, before I came out two hours later in the rains, cannot protect you; only God protects. I hope God will continue to protect us.”

Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, who also joined the delegation, commended the President for giving an enabling environment for people of different faiths to co-exist in the country.

This, he said, was in fulfillment of Buhari’s electoral promise that no religion would be given undue advantage over others under him.

Osinbajo assured Nigerians that they would soon be enjoying the good of the nation that would be made possible by the present administration.

“Our country is one with a great potential. We should contribute our quota to its development and in no time, we will see a great change. All of us will enjoy this nation. Even our children and grandchildren will enjoy the good of the land,” he said.

The Permanent Secretary of the FCT, Mr. Obinna Chukwu, urged all Nigerians to be their neighbours’ keepers and continue to work for the peace of the country.

He said he led the delegation to pledge loyalty and commitment to the President and his administration.

He later presented Sallah gifts, consisting a giant greeting car, a photo frame and a mat designed in the national colours to the President.

Top government officials, members of the National Assembly and Presidential aides, among others, were part of the delegation.

Re: Buhari Recalls Narrow Escape From Mob At Prayer Ground by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jul 17, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: Buhari Recalls Narrow Escape From Mob At Prayer Ground by Largeese(m): 2:09pm On Jul 17, 2015
Well nevertheless do something about Boko haram..... Should you and your chiefs allow people to die like chicken first because God protects? If nor be say i support you ehn

If you want to learn for free how to generate income on Fiverr.com working at home.... Visit this thead The Free Fiverr Training Guide on Nairaland With Screenshots
Re: Buhari Recalls Narrow Escape From Mob At Prayer Ground by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jul 17, 2015
Cry on, Buhari. The spirit of the innocent people your boys killed are coming back to haunt you?
We should be ready to face the consequences of our actions.
Re: Buhari Recalls Narrow Escape From Mob At Prayer Ground by furezra(m): 2:59pm On Jul 17, 2015
Ok. We pray for peace and Unity. President please use recent examples

(1) (Reply)

Very Neat Hp 2000 (300gb Hdd,4gb Ram) 2.0ghz, / US Consul-general Visits Procter And Gamble Facilities / First Bank Nigeria H1 2015: Best Prepared Bank For The Tough Times Ahead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.