Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,098 members, 7,807,290 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:57 AM

Another Open Letter To Mr Seun Osewa - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Another Open Letter To Mr Seun Osewa (1054 Views)

Happy Birthday Mr Seun / An Open Letter To Mr. Seun / Open Letter To Mr Seun Osewa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Another Open Letter To Mr Seun Osewa by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jul 17, 2015
I already said it in my original post that you'll ban me and you sure did. You never disappoint.

From here: https://www.nairaland.com/2458249/open-letter-mr-seun-osewa

PS: I know you'll most likely react aggressively to this.
You're free to ban me. You did that two or three years ago
when I gave a suggestion in the writing/literature section,
so I won't be surprised if you did that again. It's your forum
and you can do as you wish.

To be frank with you sir, this policy of yours would definitely backfire. You should learn to give a listening ear to people's complaints. Trying to force something I'm against on me would never work. It has never worked and it never will.

That badge you give people who comment on the Islam for Muslims sub-forums is defamatory, insultive and outrightly useless. It would only keep non-Muslims and sensible Muslims away from Muslims active in that section. Nothing else.

Even when I lodged the complaint on the Islam for Muslim forum, all I got were insults. Insults from people I suppose are my "fellow Muslim brothers." God would judge us all

We Muslims are not trying at all. Both on this forum and beyond. Sometimes, I see a fellow Muslim behave in a particular way and I start thinking that is this person really a Muslim. Some of them would even make one ashamed to say he's a Muslim.

The sunnah of the Holy Prophet Muhammed (S.A.W) never said we Muslims should go around with badges or seclude ourselves. Instead, he said we should let people look at us and say: "this is a Muslim."

Islam isn't going to mosque five times daily. It isn't fasting for 30 straight days. It isn't going to Mecca for hajj. It isn't putting a badge on your nairaland profile. It is a way of life. Let people see your behaviour, lifestyle and attitude and say "this is a Muslim." Treat others well. So well they would be forced to ask you: "are you really a Muslim?" That's Islam. Not going around with a badge and forcing it on people. And to think the comment I made on that thread that caused all this was in favour of Muslims:

The post:
Misanthrope:
My dear Muslim brothers and sisters, stop wasting you
glycogen on something as meaningless as fasting, the moon
has always been there, it never disappeared, it only becomes
visible when it reflects light from the sun, there is no God
behind it.

Africans really need to give up childish superstitions and
embrace reason and Science.

There is no God.

My response:

Mobsync
No one ever said the moon disappeared. It's obvious you
don't understand how moon sighting works.

I'm very sure Misanthrope would make jest of me when he sees this.

Shame on the Islam for Muslims section. And shame on the Muslims in that section for accepting such defamatory, ridiculous and outrightly useless badge. Shame on you all. Keep restricting other sensible Muslims and non-Muslims from that section. Seclude yourselves. I wonder how a non-Muslim or sensible Muslim could learn more about Islam and ask questions when he has to take a badge before he can make a post. Shame on you all. All of you.

And Mr Seun, you could as well delete this topic and also ban me. I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's your forum and you'll use it as you deem fit. All I want is that you see and read this.

PS: To make that Islam for Muslims section better, I suggest you rename it "Islam for Muslims with badges." That sounds better and is more classy.

NB: I didnt create this profile to go round a ban, so I didn't break rule number 19. And I didn't spam either. So please, look for a more reasonable excuse to ban me and delete this topic. And please, let your name appear as the person that banned me. Don't be ashamed of your actions.

www.nairaland.com/mobsync

Cc: Seun

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Open Letter To Mr Seun Osewa by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jul 17, 2015
cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Another Open Letter To Mr Seun Osewa by badaoyeyemi(f): 7:04pm On Jul 17, 2015
Re: Another Open Letter To Mr Seun Osewa by valmunich(m): 7:25pm On Jul 17, 2015
I couldn't agree more with this OP!

I don't see why that section should be exclusive to non-muslims in this forum and the religious section that features chiefly Christians is not arranged in the same manner or rather a likely provision for Christians arranged in the same vein as the former be made undecided

Talk about double standards!

2 Likes

Re: Another Open Letter To Mr Seun Osewa by delishpot: 7:55pm On Jul 17, 2015
Maybe because people go to their section and abuse islam too much? embarassed
Re: Another Open Letter To Mr Seun Osewa by Mobsync(m): 7:43pm On Jul 18, 2015
My ban is already over. But since Mr Seun has decided not to remove the dirty ugly unislamic pro-Nazi badge on my profile, I would keep on posting this on this page everyday till the badge is removed. And the moment it is removed, I won't dare go to that Islam for Muslims with badges section again.
Re: Another Open Letter To Mr Seun Osewa by Mobsync(m): 3:58pm On Jul 19, 2015
Mr Seun, good evening. You know why I'm here. Please do the needful. Thank you.
Re: Another Open Letter To Mr Seun Osewa by Mobsync(m): 3:55pm On Jul 20, 2015
Good day Mr Seun. You can keep ignoring me but I know you read this and that's all that matters. The only thing stopping me from deactivating,my account are some very good topics I'm following, if not, I would be long gone. That's not the issue at hand presently. You know why I'm here, so do the needful.
Re: Another Open Letter To Mr Seun Osewa by Redoil: 8:57pm On Jul 20, 2015
Methink the islamic fundamentalist are planning to take BH to another level hence using that useless bagde to scare people away.
Re: Another Open Letter To Mr Seun Osewa by Mobsync(m): 11:06pm On Jul 20, 2015
Redoil:
Methink the islamic fundamentalist are planning to take BH to another level hence using that useless bagde to scare people away.

I'm a Muslim and I no sensible reason why the badge was introduced. It's disgusting.
Re: Another Open Letter To Mr Seun Osewa by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jul 21, 2015
nawa o
muslim palava
ma hand no dey oo lipsrsealed
Re: Another Open Letter To Mr Seun Osewa by anonym0us: 5:07pm On Jul 21, 2015
The last time I supported ur post I was banned by ishilove when u complained of her attitudes...bro no matter what I still support u..."seun no be by false remove the badge naa abah.na wetinnnnn"
Re: Another Open Letter To Mr Seun Osewa by Mobsync(m): 7:32pm On Jul 22, 2015
anonym0us:
The last time I supported ur post I was banned by ishilove when u complained of her attitudes...bro no matter what I still support u..."seun no be by false remove the badge naa abah.na wetinnnnn"

Thank you for your support. But this thing tire me o. Mr Seun, please remove your pro-Nazi badge, I'm not interested.
Re: Another Open Letter To Mr Seun Osewa by Mobsync(m): 6:02pm On Jul 23, 2015
Mr Seun, I'm here again today. And you know why. Please do the needful.
Re: Another Open Letter To Mr Seun Osewa by Mobsync(m): 10:41am On Jul 24, 2015
OK. I checked my profile today and the badge was gone. I don't know if it was removed or it expired (Ishilove said it would disappear after seven days) but the major thing is that it's gone. I've never been happier on NL. Guess I would have to stay away from the Islam for Muslims section till further notice.

A very big THANK YOU to all of you that saw me through my worst week on NL.

Cc: Mr Seun.
Re: Another Open Letter To Mr Seun Osewa by Ishilove: 12:19pm On Jul 24, 2015
It expired.

(1)

#lindaikeji Video : Witchcraft Happen In The Volta Region Of Ghana When They Try / Must Read!! 5 Signs That Shows You May Never Be Successful In Life / Suprising Pictures To Show How Much The Whites Has Changed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.