Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,766 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:07 PM

Does Boko Haram Represent Islam? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Does Boko Haram Represent Islam? (1452 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Rejects Udechukwu As Lawyer To Represent Him / How Does Boko Haram Manage To Escape Nigerian Army In Borno State? / But Where Does Boko Haram Got Their Weapons? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Boko Haram Represent Islam? by munex007(m): 8:50am On Jul 18, 2015
A Professor from University of Abuja delivered a lecture in my school sometimes ago where he told us about the origin of Boko Haram how they started..He said he carried out a thorough research about the evil called bokoharam..

Firstly the word "Boko Haram" was coined by the media "Jama'atu allus sunna Lildaawati wal Jihad" was their real name..I use "was" because the real group have been long hijack by "some powerful force"..The real group was formed by "Mohammed Yusuf" he believe the present Western-style education is mixed with issues that run contrary to their beliefs and that it corrupts their youth..He was extra judicially killed by the police in 2009 which caused the violent protest of his followers during those period..The Prof said with all authority that the then group are not the Demon we know now..That it was since hijack by "Power force" for an agenda..

The Prof linked it to the "CIA" he gave us many examples of how CIA operate and how they use the act of terrorism as a bargaining chip..Many of you don't know that "Osama Bin Laden was once a CIA agent before he turned against and try to expose them he was labelled a terrorist and was accused of the mastermind of 9/11(Thanks to their almighty Media ) later evidences suggest that the 9/11 was an internal operation(Read more about 9/11 conspiracy theory on google)

http://www.google.co.uk/search?client=ms-rim&hl=en&q=911+conspiracy+theories&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&channel=browser&gws_rd=cr&ei=P4KpVdH1MITtUrHrgfAC

If you are a deep thinker you will know that islam is just being use as a "Veil" to achieve a political goal.. Religion is a sensitive thing which make their plan thrive..

Secondly the word "Jihad"I think this is the most misunderstood concept to a non muslim.Jihad literally means "to strive".We have different types of jihad The major Jihad is to strive against ones soul as you know human beings are always being tempt by Satan,the act of fighting that inner desire to forbid bad and doing good is the ultimate jihad. The Sword jihad which is the minor jihad one that comes to mind when jihad is mention has a strict condition :

The religious military campaign has to be declared by a proper authority, advised by scholars, who say the religion and people are under threat and violence is imperative to DEFEND them...I repeat only to DEFEND..

Jihad is not a violent concept..Jihad is not a declaration of offensive war against other religions. It is worth noting that the Qur'an specifically refers to Jews and Christians as "people of the book" who should be protected and respected.

Most calls for violent jihad are not sanctioned by Islam...Warfare in the name of God is not Islam..The prophet propagated islam by his impeccable character,humility and sheer morals..He advised us to spread kindness and propagate with our intellect and character not the sword..

Come to think of it..If islam was preached by sword how come we still have billions of muslims and millions joining? If the body can be subdue can you subdue the mind?.God has planned everything in a way that we will will have different religions and you can't force anyone to join your religion..Its only God that guides..

It was not the sword that won a place for Islam in those days in the scheme of life. It was the rigid simplicity, the utter self-effacement of the Prophet the scrupulous regard for pledges his intense devotion to his friends and followers, his intrepidity, his fearlessness,his absolute trust in God..

When we say islam is peaceful its an inner feelings we attain by doing GOOD and forbidding BAD..Yes! Islam is Peaceful..Its a feeling only those that have felt will understand.

Its so unfortunate and saddening to read in the news daily how these demons called BOKO haram kill innocent people all in the name of islam..90% of the innocent people they are killing are muslims...

BOKO HARAM are plain terrorist they have nothing to do with islam just as how the KKK are terrorist and have nothing to do with Christianity..I have christain friends and the last thing I will do is to judge Christianity negatively based on their actions..You don't need religion to determine morals if you can't determine right from wrong you lack EMPATHY not religion!!

Physically you know a true muslim by the dark spot on their forehead due to the consistency in performing 5times daily prayer..I doubt if that Ba.stard Shekau pray

A real practising muslim won't tell you Western Education is forbidden when the prophet encouraged us to seek for knowledge even as far as going to china

A real practising muslim will not go to a crowded place and kill innocent people when the Quran says "If someone kill a soul its equivalent to killing mankind and if you save a soul its equivalent to saving mankind" (Holy Qur'an Chapter 5 Verse 32)

A real practising muslim will not force someone to join islam..we propagate with intellect,true nautural facts and morals.
"There is no compulsion in islam ,,,,,,"(Holy Qur'an Chapter 2 Verse 256)

I'm just trying to clear some misconceptions you can ask Question if you don't understand or do a little research yourself.

The rate at which people bash islam due to the actions of these Ba.stard Group is becoming un becoming..Please let us have respect for each other beliefs and let join hand to call a spade a spade..

BOKO HARAM ARE BLOOD SUCKING TERRORIST AND THEY DON'T IN ANY WAY REPRESENT ISLAM!!!!!!!!

"If the truth is concealed for 20years,it will surely prevail one day" ~ Yoruba Proverb

Cc:lalasticala

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Boko Haram Represent Islam? by temitemi1(m): 8:57am On Jul 18, 2015
Ask shekau...
Re: Does Boko Haram Represent Islam? by histemple: 9:00am On Jul 18, 2015
Despite divergent submissions regarding the aim of Boko Haram, I will be circumspect in attributing any particular theory as what the infamous group really want or who they are.
I am not a Muslim but given what I know, Boko Haram is clearly not anything close to the beliefs and concept of Islam. More so, I will be reluctant in accepting that they intend to create an Islamic caliphate neither is there any logic in reasoning that they truly abhor western education.
A group that kills across board is certainly not against or protection a particular divide. As it stands, we are not sure what they want.

1 Like

Re: Does Boko Haram Represent Islam? by kamair237(m): 9:02am On Jul 18, 2015
I don't fink sooo...
Re: Does Boko Haram Represent Islam? by babajero(m): 9:04am On Jul 18, 2015
This is like asking if the hand represent the body. If the so called mohammed yusuf was non violent why did police arrest him in the first place, BH is only carrying out his laid down plans.

1 Like

Re: Does Boko Haram Represent Islam? by Blackfire(m): 9:28am On Jul 18, 2015
@op u seems to be a yoruba muslim,so i will start like this,Islam is a true reflection of isis, boko haram,al shabab... Ask me why?

1 Like

Re: Does Boko Haram Represent Islam? by Emereolevanwill(m): 9:40am On Jul 18, 2015
wat of Daura President? Is he a boko-haramite?
Re: Does Boko Haram Represent Islam? by munex007(m): 10:17am On Jul 18, 2015
Before you state you reasons?

Answer this simple question

Do you know anything about islam besides the crap you have read?

Have u ever done an objective research about islam?

You can go ahead and state they whys

Blackfire:
@op u seems to be a yoruba muslim,so i will start like this,Islam is a true reflection of isis, boko haram,al shabab... Ask me why?
Re: Does Boko Haram Represent Islam? by DONMAYOR19(m): 10:20am On Jul 18, 2015
See Mumu question. No them no represent Muslim, they represent Christian that's why they always should allah akbar. Rubbish.

Boko haram na confirm Muslim and Buhari na grade one terrorist.
Re: Does Boko Haram Represent Islam? by Blackfire(m): 11:24am On Jul 18, 2015
munex007:
Before you state you reasons?

Answer this simple question

Do you know anything about islam besides the crap you have read?

Have u ever done an objective research about islam?

You can go ahead and state they whys

i would ask u the same question,but keep the answer to yourself,have u done an open mind research about islam or u believe the crap u read or told?.
Let me clear one notion u dont need to learn arabic to understand koran(recitation) and the hadiths.
Now lets start from muhamaed, has he ever lead war offensively, ambushing the caravan of meccans, or the supervision of the beheading of more than 700 men?. Abeg no insult.
Shukurah.
Re: Does Boko Haram Represent Islam? by munex007(m): 2:39pm On Jul 18, 2015
The last thing I will do is to insult you..

Firstly its not koran its Qur'an..I laughed when you said you don't need to know Arabic to understand Qur'an..You see Arabic is a language that is very rich in literature no matter the english meaning you read.it can't give you the deep meaning..

Each verses of the Qur'an has a story and reasons for revelation known as Tafsir..Do you know one of the abridge versions have about 5000pages..Qur'an goes beyond what you just read from somewhere and you think you already know

That story you said is pure lie!!..No were ever will you see in the Authentic biography of the Prophet..Please always verrify your information source before you mislead others with your ignorance..

You can keep hating on islam..Someone just accepted islam in the mosque this afternoon after pray..

If you are on twitter check this trend Mecca_live and hear what non muslims are saying about islam beyond the hate spread by cnn,fox etc

You think you know islam when you are not even practicalising the bible teachings..Do you know the bible forbid to accept interest?..Do you know the bible instructed your women to wear veil?Do you know the bible prophesise about the coming of the prophet.?

If you want to know the truth and ready to have an objective discussion I will give you the verses and the explanation

Shallom
[quote athor=Blackfire post=35999640]
i would ask u the same question,but keep the answer to yourself,have u done an open mind research about islam or u believe the crap u read or told?.
Let me clear one notion u dont need to learn arabic to understand koran(recitation) and the hadiths.
Now lets start from muhamaed, has he ever lead war offensively, ambushing the caravan of meccans, or the supervision of the beheading of more than 700 men?. Abeg no insult.
Shukurah.[/quote]
Re: Does Boko Haram Represent Islam? by munex007(m): 2:47pm On Jul 18, 2015
According to your analogy..if I go to public space and I shout "Jesus is lord" then blow up myself..Does that make christainity boko haram? Install sense bro.

Why judge the action of a bad muslim on his religion..

Think bro Boko is beyond religion..Don't just criticise what you don't know!
DONMAYOR19:
See Mumu question. No them no represent Muslim, they represent Christian that's why they always should allah akbar. Rubbish.

Boko haram na confirm Muslim and Buhari na grade one terrorist.
Re: Does Boko Haram Represent Islam? by Blackfire(m): 3:16pm On Jul 18, 2015
munex007:

Firstly its not koran its Qur'an..I laughed when you said you don't need to know Arabic to understand Qur'an..You see Arabic is a language that is very rich in literature no matter the english meaning you read.it can't give you the deep meaning..

Each verses of the Qur'an has a story and reasons for revelation known as Tafsir..Do you know one of the abridge versions have about 5000pages..Qur'an goes beyond what you just read from somewhere and you think you already know

That story you said is pure lie!!..No were ever will you see in the Authentic biography of the Prophet..Please always verrify your information source before you mislead others with your ignorance..

You can keep hating on islam..Someone just accepted islam in the mosque this afternoon after pray..

If you are on twitter check this trend Mecca_live and hear what non muslims are saying about islam beyond the hate spread by cnn,fox etc

You think you know islam when you are not even practicalising the bible teachings..Do you know the bible forbid to accept interest?..Do you know the bible instructed your women to wear veil?Do you know the bible prophesise about the coming of the prophet.?

If you want to know the truth and ready to have an objective discussion I will give you the verses and the explanation

Shallom

arabic is so rich, that it is better than your father's language?.
Do u know the story of the people that slept and wake up many years later, do u know the original story dosent belong to muhamed 'revelation'.
1. My fellow human beign dont be naive , what does koran mean is it not recitation?.

2.U talk about people who change religion to islam...did u see any body threatening them, but let someone try to leave islam, he will be killed, in islam apostacy means death.... Do u know how many muslims leave islam daily for christianity,judaism, and atheism?

3. Back to my question u said is a lie.... I will ask again do u know muhamed supervised the beheading of 700 men? Do u know he send killers to terminate a poet,who speak against him? Let me stop here, if u dont know let me show u the hadiths for u to learn.

4. Why are always talking about christains in our discussion, i wont blame u that is why the qur'an is stalking the bible.
I am an atheist
Re: Does Boko Haram Represent Islam? by belloabdulsalam: 3:27pm On Jul 18, 2015
Blackfire:

Honestly u r a ignorant
Re: Does Boko Haram Represent Islam? by Kyase(m): 3:27pm On Jul 18, 2015
babajero:
This is like asking if the hand represent the body. If the so called mohammed yusuf was non violent why did police arrest him in the first place, BH is only carrying out his laid down plans.
my brother though a xtain, i dont think boko boys represent islam but if what u are saying is anything to go by then am afraid too that those pastors/prophets that do rape their members are representing xtainity, which means all xtains are rapist and so ur GS/G.O/pastor
Re: Does Boko Haram Represent Islam? by Cyberthreat: 3:31pm On Jul 18, 2015
munex007:

Shallom

U no get sense o.. Who tell u say the Bible say make woman wear veil.. U no sabi read? Read am again.. If na d same tin u see tel me

1 Like

Re: Does Boko Haram Represent Islam? by lolaxavier(m): 3:36pm On Jul 18, 2015
Make una talk anything wet una like. As for me, I see no difference in the two. Period.
Re: Does Boko Haram Represent Islam? by amtalkin(f): 3:47pm On Jul 18, 2015
They are 100% Muslims
Re: Does Boko Haram Represent Islam? by Blackfire(m): 3:52pm On Jul 18, 2015
belloabdulsalam:

Honestly u r a ignorant

ignorantly u are honest.
Re: Does Boko Haram Represent Islam? by ERODEDEAST(f): 3:59pm On Jul 18, 2015
No they represent HINDU and uses the Hindu Terror Manual Ko.ran

Or

Ask She.cow he knows more about the "Beauty of ISLAM"
Re: Does Boko Haram Represent Islam? by aare07(m): 4:00pm On Jul 18, 2015
No
Re: Does Boko Haram Represent Islam? by Kingspin(m): 4:07pm On Jul 18, 2015
They are branch of Islam. And Islam have refused to fight them for reason known to imams, scholars and other leaders. In life everything have to do with orientation, ideology and doctrine. Afterall, we have other religion like Hinduism, traditionalism, Buddhism and they all pose no life or death threat to the world. Infact, northern Nigeria need massive education to save us..
Re: Does Boko Haram Represent Islam? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jul 18, 2015
Lol.. no o... dey represent Gandhism.. ( mahatma gandhi)..... At least I know dat d night b4 Sheik Osama SIN Laden was tracked to his house he was fatwa-ing with his Quran....
Re: Does Boko Haram Represent Islam? by drss(m): 4:11pm On Jul 18, 2015
Wonders shall never end!!! sad So this is how lies are packaged as truth Now they are saying Boko haram were not a violent group when it was formed. See how lies are being spread indiscriminately like leaves. For those who do not know, Boko haram was formed way back around 2002 with the intention of entrenching Islam over the entire country. Looking at the vision of boko haram, one will ask; how will the group enforce Islam throughout the entire country if use of force, violence and terrorism will not be involed? I remember vividly in 2007 on NTA 9 oclock News when the then commissioner of police gave an account of how the police has been keeping taps of boko haram activities the moment they were formed. The group began importing all kinds of weapons into the country around 2003-2006. Between these periods, boko haram trained their members through military drills, the type of traing done by alqaida. There are numerous reports by farmers and local hunters about them seeing strange people training vigorusly with guns and machets in camps hidden far away into the bushes since 2005 across different states in the north east. Boko haram have been training its members on the art of terrorism since when it was formed. By late 2006, Boko haram began their campaign of terror, attacking mostly police outposts and stations in Bornu state. By 2007, Boko haram violence intensity increased. That was the time of Umoru Musa Yaradua. It was at that point of Boko haram violence that the president dispatched troops to subdue the terrorist. That led to the killing of its leader mohammed yusuf.
The theory that Boko haram started as a peaceful group is a blatant lie!!! It was because of boko haram violence, killings and murder of innocent souls that led to the deployment of soldiers to Maiduguri, Bornu State.
NTA News then showed the scene of the conflict with tanks and heavy artillery moving around chasing the terrorist. A military commander was interviewed at the conflict area about the war against the terrorist. The commander even begged Nigerian media to be patriotic in their reportage, so as not to paint Nigeria like Somalia before the world on NTA. It was serious. If boko haram were peaceful why will Yaradua, the then President order for the anihilation of the group? I even remember accounts of how the boko leader begged for forgiveness from the Nigerian soldiers when he was arrested. If boko haram was not evil then, why will the leader beg for forgiveness for the crimes he commited. Enough of these lies.
Boko haram was formed for evil purpose right from the begining to spread Islam across Nigeria through violence. QED.
Re: Does Boko Haram Represent Islam? by munex007(m): 10:04pm On Jul 18, 2015
(1 Corinthians 11:6)

Cyberthreat:

U no get sense o.. Who tell u say the Bible say make woman wear veil.. U no sabi read? Read am again.. If na d same tin u see tel me

Re: Does Boko Haram Represent Islam? by Cyberthreat: 10:28pm On Jul 18, 2015
munex007:
(1 Corinthians 11:6)
bros head and hair na d same thing??
Their hair is meant to cover deir head..
Check d bible again

1st cor 11:6 and 1st cor 11:15
Re: Does Boko Haram Represent Islam? by munex007(m): 5:45pm On Jul 19, 2015
Muslims are Terrorist?

Who started the first world war? Muslims?

Who started the second world war? Muslims?

Who threw nuclear bombs on Hiroshima and Nagaski? Muslims?

Who kill approximately 20 million Aborigines in Australia? Muslims?

Who kill more than 100 red head indians in North America? Muslims?

Who took about 180 millions Africans as slave? Threw some in the ocean? Rape some? Muslims?

amtalkin:
They are 100% Muslims

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari Just Arrived Andrew Int'l Airport DC / Ugandan Lady Stabs A Nigerian Man To Near Death In Malaysia(Graphic photos) / Ambode Vs Fashola N139million War:See Nigerians' Reactions On Twitter(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.