Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,722 members, 7,805,966 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:20 AM

Big Lies We Used To Tell Friends In HIGH SCHOOL - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Big Lies We Used To Tell Friends In HIGH SCHOOL (27745 Views)

University Graduate Celebrated By His Friends In A "Mad" Way (Photos) / Ashawo High School Signpost That Has Got People Talking(pic) / See The Big Lies I Used To Tell Friends In High School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Big Lies We Used To Tell Friends In HIGH SCHOOL by damiloladuke: 9:30am On Jul 18, 2015
' See that aeroplane going! My dad is the pilot' I remember that to be one of my fables I gave friends in High School. As you all know, a school is a gathering of humans with different characters and attitudes. You get to meet some extra ordinary jovial people and some crazily weirdos you would wonder if they were humans.

And for the fact that there are a lot of people claiming they are rich in their family, you wouldn't want to be caught off guard. You also want to belong and claim your family owns Computer Village, even.

I had an imaginary uncle then in London that brought stuffs for me, I always told my friends. My uncle travelled every week to London. And when he came back, he made sure he came with a different car and a lot of goodies.

I once told my friends my uncle brought a Chewing Gum that never loses its taste. You will chew and chew and it continues to get sweetened the more it stays in your mouth. I was telling Samuel the other day on how I chewed the gum for 3days and later spat it out. He asked why I did that, since it doesn't lose its taste. I knew I had been caught off guard. But I still tried to cover up telling him I wanted to try the Macaroni flavour.

I claimed my younger ones were given birth to in the States, Tulsa, Oklahoma to be precise. I wasn't there at their birth, but I once went with my dad to celebrate my younger brothers birthday, when he was 3. We decided not to go by Flight. We took a speed boat instead and we spent 3 days on Sea.

Told them there were so many bus tops on the sea and what they basically sold are fishes. That there was a fish that looked like a Lion, people of that locality called it Fishion. I told them we saw Mermaids when we got to the American Sea. And they were waving at us. That mermaids are friendly beings and not evil.

Mind you, it wasn't me alone that did this. A guy came to join us then in SS2 . Abiola would tell us he spent his summers in Chicago, Michael Jordan was his next door neighbour. They practiced basketball together everymorning and immediately after practice, they always had enough to eat. We all believed anyway as this guy looked American.

I remember Toke, a girl like that. They had almost everything you mentioned that you have in your family, even the latest. There was a time a certain girl's parents bought a Mercedes Benz 200. Toke said her dad had 3 Mercedes Benz 2000 and it didn't run on petrol, but Olive Oil and it could recognize all of them in the family. Anytime they entered into the car, The car would mention their name and welcome them.

Ramon was someone we all believed his fables should have been noticed by the Military as this guy could make you believe anything. His lies were not on 4G Networks self, they run on Optical Fibers. Ramon once told us his Dad Rode on Bicycle to Saudi Arabia. and when we asked him how he crossed the sea, he said the bicycle was a special one and it could fly.

I also remember him telling us they had a tree in the compound that bore different fruits. That his dad was presented with that by a Djin in the desert, while he was travelling.

Dimeji made us to under that his dad fought in the World War 1. He fought along side the Germans and was decorated with so much Awards for his gallantry. That after World War I, he came back to fight Africa War 1 and was later invited to assist China in the Asia War 3. He surely capitalised on the fact that we might not be able to unravel the truth since the event happened in way past.

High school was fun anyway. Though we all later realized we were scoping each other as in one way or the other, we got to know where everyother person lived and we never saw anything we claimed to have.

The girl that claimed they had Mercedes Benz 2000, actually happened to be the daughter of a Commercial Bus Driver. Dimejis dad was just a Neighborhood Watch Official of the LAGOS State Government, Yes, Ramon's DAD was an Alahaji, but he never rode to Mecca, and they only happened to have lots of fruits in their compound that his mum simply sold them at the market.

SO GUYS, LET'S GET TO KNOW ABOUT THOSE LIES YOUR FRIENDS TOLD WAY BACK THEN ...KINDLY COMMENT.

SOURCE : www.wenogetjob.com/2015/07/big-lies-told-high-school.html?m=1

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Big Lies We Used To Tell Friends In HIGH SCHOOL by Nobody: 9:30am On Jul 18, 2015
undecided

In 2004, One of my classmate in secondary school told me she is on NAIRALAND....

THE GIRL SAY SHE BE SUPER MODERATOR SEF..

24 Likes

Re: Big Lies We Used To Tell Friends In HIGH SCHOOL by Greenbuoy(m): 9:44am On Jul 18, 2015
N o n s e n s e

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Big Lies We Used To Tell Friends In HIGH SCHOOL by damiloladuke: 9:56am On Jul 18, 2015
Freemanan:
undecided

In 2004, One of my classmates in secondary school told me she is on NAIRALAND....

THE GIRL SAY SHE BE SUPER MODERATOR SEF..
YOUR LIES HAVE 4G NETWORK

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Big Lies We Used To Tell Friends In HIGH SCHOOL by Nobody: 9:57am On Jul 18, 2015
damiloladuke:
I lie not grin

3 Likes

Re: Big Lies We Used To Tell Friends In HIGH SCHOOL by Nobody: 9:57am On Jul 18, 2015
Greenbuoy:
As the Lagos boy wey I be ehn, I used the superiority complex to bobo all dem village boys for the place wey I school no be small.
Lots of fictions by me but the ultimate ones was that our house was a mansion located in an estate and that I had nuMerous damsels as girlfriends in Eko; but in reality, our rented apartment actually looked like a shrine(so oldfashioned and untidy) and I was in no such thing as a romance.
Ma nigga

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Big Lies We Used To Tell Friends In HIGH SCHOOL by damiloladuke: 10:00am On Jul 18, 2015
Freemanan:

I lie not grin
be reasonable, young man.. for NAIRALAND that was founded in 2005, how was she able to predict the name in 2004

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Big Lies We Used To Tell Friends In HIGH SCHOOL by Nobody: 10:06am On Jul 18, 2015
damiloladuke:
be reasonable, young man.. for NAIRALAND that was founded in 2005, how was she able to predict the name in 2004
*runs away*

36 Likes

Re: Big Lies We Used To Tell Friends In HIGH SCHOOL by Greenbuoy(m): 10:20am On Jul 18, 2015
N o n s e n s e

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Big Lies We Used To Tell Friends In HIGH SCHOOL by damiloladuke: 3:01pm On Jul 18, 2015
CHECK MY SIGNATURE

1 Like

Re: Big Lies We Used To Tell Friends In HIGH SCHOOL by Xeinstra1(f): 10:34am On Jul 25, 2015
damiloladuke:
' See that aeroplane going! My dad is the pilot' I remember that to be one of my fables I gave friends in High School. As you all know, a school is a gathering of humans with different characters and attitudes. You get to meet some extra ordinary jovial people and some crazily weirdos you would wonder if they were humans.

And for the fact that there are a lot of people I claiming they are rich in their family,
you wouldn't want to be caught off guard. You also want to belong and claim your
family owns Computer Village, even.

I had an imaginary uncle then in London that brought stuffs for me, I always told
my friends. My uncle travelled every week to London. And when he came back, he
made sure he came with a different car and a lot of goodies.
I once told my friends my uncle brought a Chewing Gum that never loses its taste.
You will chew and chew and it continues to get sweetened the more it stays in
your mouth. I was telling Samuel the other day on how I chewed the gum for
3days and later spat it out. He asked why I did that, since it doesn't lose its taste.

I knew I had been caught off guard. But I still tried to cover up telling him I wanted
to try the Macaroni flavour.
I claimed my younger ones were given birth to in the States, Tulsa, Oklahoma to
be precise. I wasn't there at their birth, but I once went with my dad to celebrate
my younger brothers birthday, when he was 3. We decided not to go by Flight. We
took a speed boat instead and we spent 3 days on Sea.

Told them there were so many bus tops on the sea and what they basically sold
are fishes. That there was a fish that looked like a Lion, people of that locality
called it Fishion. I told them we saw Mermaids when we got to the American Sea.
And they were waving at us. That mermaids are friendly beings and not evil.
Mind you, it wasn't me alone that did this. A guy came to join us then in SS2 .
Abiola would tell us he spent his summers in Chicago, Michael Jordan was his next
door neighbour. They practiced basketball together everymorning and immediately
after practice, they always had enough to eat. We all believed anyway as this guy
looked American.

I remember Toke, a girl like that. They had almost everything you mentioned that
you have in your family, even the latest. There was a time a certain girl's parents
bought a Mercedes Benz 200. Toke said her dad had 3 Mercedes Benz 2000 and
it didn't run on petrol, but Olive Oil and it could recognize all of them in the family.
Anytime they entered into the car, The car would mention their name and welcome
them.

Ramon was someone we all believed his fables should have been noticed by the
Military as this guy could make you believe anything. His lies were not on 4G
Networks self, they run on Optical Fibers. Ramon once told us his Dad Rode on
Bicycle to Saudi Arabia. and when we asked him how he crossed the sea, he said
the bicycle was a special one and it could fly.
I also remember him telling us they had a tree in the compound that bore different
fruits. That his dad was presented with that by a Djin in the desert, while he was
travelling.

Dimeji made us to under that his dad fought in the World War 1. He fought along
side the Germans and was decorated with so much Awards for his gallantry. That
after World War I, he came back to fight Africa War 1 and was later invited to
assist China in the Asia War 3. He surely capitalised on the fact that we might not
be able to unravel the truth since the event happened in way past.

High school was fun anyway. Though we all later realized we were scoping each
other as in one way or the other, we got to know where everyother person lived
and we never saw anything we claimed to have.

The girl that claimed they had Mercedes Benz 2000, actually happened to be the
daughter of a Commercial Bus Driver. Dimejis dad was just a Neighborhood Watch
Official of the LAGOS State Government, Yes, Ramon's DAD was an Alahaji, but he
never rode to Mecca, and they only happened to have lots of fruits in their
compound that his mum simply sold them at the market.

SO GUYS, LET'S GET TO KNOW ABOUT THOSE LIES YOUR FRIENDS TOLD WAY
BACK THEN.

CC: lalasticlala

SOURCE : www.wenogetjob.com/2015/07/big-lies-told-high-school.html?m=1
Goddamn. angry
Re: Big Lies We Used To Tell Friends In HIGH SCHOOL by tolexy007(m): 12:49pm On Jul 28, 2015
g
Re: Big Lies We Used To Tell Friends In HIGH SCHOOL by Kinkale(m): 12:49pm On Jul 28, 2015
A
Re: Big Lies We Used To Tell Friends In HIGH SCHOOL by freesinzu(m): 12:51pm On Jul 28, 2015
;Dguy
Re: Big Lies We Used To Tell Friends In HIGH SCHOOL by lonelydora: 12:51pm On Jul 28, 2015
Ok
Re: Big Lies We Used To Tell Friends In HIGH SCHOOL by oppybouy(m): 12:51pm On Jul 28, 2015
Re: Big Lies We Used To Tell Friends In HIGH SCHOOL by allisonluvsu(m): 12:51pm On Jul 28, 2015
Another big lie was when Buhari Promised Free lunch for every school children. Even Obasanjo was amazed!!!!

8 Likes

Re: Big Lies We Used To Tell Friends In HIGH SCHOOL by prela(f): 12:51pm On Jul 28, 2015
grin A friend of mine once said SALAD is her best food and she loves it especially when it is served HOT. grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Big Lies We Used To Tell Friends In HIGH SCHOOL by Akshow: 12:52pm On Jul 28, 2015
I use to lie about visiting amusement park in bodija ibadan to my friends in the north even when I don't know what the gate to the park looks like.

4 Likes

Re: Big Lies We Used To Tell Friends In HIGH SCHOOL by falconey(m): 12:53pm On Jul 28, 2015
not really big lies because we were young and naïve back then so I think it was small lies.
Re: Big Lies We Used To Tell Friends In HIGH SCHOOL by ApcSucks: 12:53pm On Jul 28, 2015
damiloladuke:

undecided undecided is it your lie?

13 Likes

Re: Big Lies We Used To Tell Friends In HIGH SCHOOL by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jul 28, 2015
Like peak its (lies) is in you @op
Re: Big Lies We Used To Tell Friends In HIGH SCHOOL by thefakestan: 12:53pm On Jul 28, 2015
BOBO Juice sha sha my people.

High school for Niaja? Don't think I ever attended that one oh!

But Primary and Secondary I sure did and I can remember a few of those tales.

One thing was for sure most of those that had it in those days didn't have to show it, you just knew by default!

ThefakeStan

5 Likes

Re: Big Lies We Used To Tell Friends In HIGH SCHOOL by ShakurM(m): 12:54pm On Jul 28, 2015
Mine was telling them my dad was a military man! Even teachers handled me with care

Also telling them we had dogs as big as humans.

Thug life cool

8 Likes

Re: Big Lies We Used To Tell Friends In HIGH SCHOOL by mammanbawa: 12:54pm On Jul 28, 2015
;DI told ma friends while in primary school that we had a helicopter and its situated at the top of our house.. We were doing well thougH but it was a lie grin
Re: Big Lies We Used To Tell Friends In HIGH SCHOOL by takoi: 12:54pm On Jul 28, 2015
Lied dt my mum was in charge of marking WAEC exams.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Big Lies We Used To Tell Friends In HIGH SCHOOL by vickylala239: 12:55pm On Jul 28, 2015
Wait let Me check my dstv dish for signal!!!

1 Like

Re: Big Lies We Used To Tell Friends In HIGH SCHOOL by mrlaw93(m): 12:55pm On Jul 28, 2015
Guy! Ur epistle is too lng jare.

All i know is when am not in the class.. Something is missing. That sense of humour makes a boring teacher thinks he got humour.. For where, nh mrlaw dey do the magic.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Big Lies We Used To Tell Friends In HIGH SCHOOL by Suspect33(m): 12:56pm On Jul 28, 2015
Remember telling my friend that my dad will soon join wrestling to battle john cena for the championshipgrin

5 Likes

Re: Big Lies We Used To Tell Friends In HIGH SCHOOL by Judolisco(m): 12:56pm On Jul 28, 2015
K
Re: Big Lies We Used To Tell Friends In HIGH SCHOOL by Omololu007(m): 12:56pm On Jul 28, 2015
grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

3 Ghanaian Students Sweep WAEC International Excellence Awards / ASUU Strike - Students’ Peaceful Protest Turns Bloody In Delta (photos) / Yabatech Director Omoighe Dies Of COVID-19; Hostels Shut Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.