Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,394 members, 7,800,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:00 AM

Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja (96638 Views)

Deadliest Poisons Used By Man.. Number 2 Will Shock You / Photos Of An Unusual Invention Of A Man That Shook Up Ibadan / The Trick Of Sitting On Nothing: A Layman's Explaination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja by Nobody: 11:44am On Jul 18, 2015
undecided undecided

Na wa of all of you o . . . even the op sef does not understand what he is saying. This has nothing to do with physics. It is simple engineering.

Now, let the ITK shut up and let me explain.

1. The rod is affixed to a base.

2. A system of rods are passed through the performer's clothes, unto his bottom

3. There is another base on which he sits.

It's basically concealed chairs.

Just look below.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja by Nobody: 11:44am On Jul 18, 2015
i knew the pivot was in his jeans.
Re: Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja by FEROH: 11:50am On Jul 18, 2015
if any one thinks this is physics, do urs and upload it for us to see
Re: Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja by Revolva(m): 11:50am On Jul 18, 2015
As long as there is a fur rug he is on...dats d force that's is helpin him to float...there is a force that has been induced in that rug
Re: Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja by africanpea: 11:51am On Jul 18, 2015
I watched Sometin similar live on bgt and it's quite real I must say.

Please check my blog out, new post published!
www.diaryofanaijamom..com

Thanks.
Re: Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja by stankezzy: 11:52am On Jul 18, 2015
Teempakguy:
undecided undecided

Na wa of all of you o . . . even the op sef does not understand what he is saying. This has nothing to do with physics. It is simple engineering.

Just look below.
you even went as far as looking for writing board , why you wan spoil dis guy way naa, wetin concern you here?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 18, 2015
IMPRESSIVE!
Re: Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jul 18, 2015
DONMAYOR19:
so u just did all this just to spoil someone business? people wicked for this country too much.
cheesy gbayii grin
I guess op's smiling to the bank for countering this grin *clapping* BRAVO!!!! undecided angry
Re: Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja by donwise1(m): 12:03pm On Jul 18, 2015
ok
Re: Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja by tuscani: 12:11pm On Jul 18, 2015
you have not said anything. ur explanation is even more magical... spiritual
Re: Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja by happney65: 12:13pm On Jul 18, 2015
Good one..If Nigerias can reason well and ask questions about the things they have being told from birth,asking questions about religion then we would be better off..But alas,Some people still live their lives according to one achaic rule from the middle east and still live their lives in fear..Too Bad
Re: Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jul 18, 2015
Op, since you know these much, which some of us know anyways, can you please perform this same stuff? If you can, then you must be a genius that you trying to sound like.
Re: Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jul 18, 2015
Wow! Science is good! But the unscientifically unbalanced may not understand. Op, u have done a very nice job! 3 gbosa for the Op!

1 Like

Re: Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja by CharLee22: 12:31pm On Jul 18, 2015
Re: Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jul 18, 2015
lol, you are saying not really physcis but engineering? You funny. wetin be the basis of engineering? you just wan tell us say you be engineer. Anyway, thanks for expanding it.
Teempakguy:
undecided undecided

Just look below.
Re: Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jul 18, 2015
4bobo:

lol, you are saying not really physcis but engineering? You funny. wetin be the basis of engineering? you just wan tell us say you be engineer. Anyway, thanks for expanding it.
cheesy cheesy
Don't tell me you don't know what I meant by that.
Re: Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja by segemint(f): 1:04pm On Jul 18, 2015
majidyusuf:
m
M for madness grin
Re: Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jul 18, 2015
I know this is a trick, but please answer this:
1) After 30mins, he sat for about 30 mins then he got up, somebody would have seen him remove the steel plates he sat on, and the the steel inside his trouser.
So I dont think this effectively explains the trick.

2 Likes

Re: Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja by fortunechy(m): 1:21pm On Jul 18, 2015
jazz man
Re: Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja by Sundaden: 1:22pm On Jul 18, 2015
Bros if you think it's easy, try yours and let's see.
Re: Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jul 18, 2015
Copy that
Re: Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jul 18, 2015
iamnen:
I know this is a trick, but please answer this:
1) After 30mins, he sat for about 30 mins then he got up, somebody would have seen him remove the steel plates he sat on, and the the steel inside his trouser.
So I dont think this effectively explains the trick.

Thats why he is advertising for techplus co sponsored by MTN. http://www.techplus.com.ng/ .TECHNOLOGY ADVANCEMENT.....
Re: Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja by haywire1: 1:43pm On Jul 18, 2015
Femidigirits:
I watched the video to the end,their seem to be some manipulation towards the end. At the point where the performer places a red piece of cloth over himself the scene changed entirely into him sitting on air. The case here and the one that played out appears metaphysical, not sure physics has sufficient explanation for it.
Also your brief account above is insufficient.

It's a simple trick, d rod inside d golden shirt holds d person thru d armpit, it's like suspending urself on a straight overhead rod, since d rod angle towards the hand "holding d metal foundation is tightly screwed.

In engineering it's similar to upthrust cos d rod act a d upward force pulling d body up against gravity

#
Re: Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja by Babymikel: 1:46pm On Jul 18, 2015
Pls guys how do I watch YouTube videos or download movies,can't be dashing airtel my money for nothing naw, pls o anybody
Re: Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja by uchennamani(m): 1:46pm On Jul 18, 2015
HungerBAD:
Educative.
Educating.
Re: Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja by omojeesu(m): 2:07pm On Jul 18, 2015
Yeah! Followed link mentioned and found it so. BUT and BUT real magic exists! Never doubt that!!
Re: Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja by hollandis(f): 2:11pm On Jul 18, 2015
Op you are baseless.Does he have a stick or pole? Please come up with a better theory
Re: Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja by pablus: 2:11pm On Jul 18, 2015
dude you're wrong; magic is illusion. and your explanation suc.ks. how come the Naija guy has no pole? let him entertain the people jor! i just don't get why you want people to laugh at him. kudos to the guy!
4bobo:
In Reply to this thread on FP yesterday and today

https://www.nairaland.com/2459121/more-photos-magic-guy-sat

[b]This is floating trick illusion explained and this is not magic [/b]as people believe. Next time you see the man, just ...aahahahahahah..

This is science at work and am surpried that many physcis students cant even burst the lies on that thread.

Let us figure out what is really happening.

At first glance, your eyes are in disbelief. How can a man be floating in the air?

Clearly, passerbys watching this street performance are impressed and taking photographs.

There's a platform that the performer is actually sitting on this entire time, and that platform is connected to the pole for support. It's not a coincidence that in each of these instances there's always a "carpet" of some sort at the bottom to cover the base.

here you have it! It turns out those seemingly long hours of floating meditation were just hours of sitting! You and I can easily do that. Wouldn't you agree?

See thE video below and the trick of levitation and flotation will be perfectly clear.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/3gVw79AEVhE

There is a steel plate on the pavement, covered with a grey carpet. In the corner of the plate, there is a rod sticking out. Into this, there is a steel platform, on which the performer sits. The steel tube which holds the platform runs up his left sleeve.
Another one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwvYkRzpq4g

Get educated and be informed..

Re: Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja by hollandis(f): 2:13pm On Jul 18, 2015
modelmike7:
Op, since you know these much, which some of us know anyways, can you please perform this same stuff? If you can, then you must be a genius that you trying to sound like.
Op.is just too dumb
Re: Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja by hollandis(f): 2:15pm On Jul 18, 2015
pablus:
dude you're wrong; magic is illusion. and your explanation suc.ks. how come the Naija guy has no pole? let him entertain the people jor! i just don't get why you want people to laugh at him. kudos to the guy!
Same thing i said
Op is just too dumb
Re: Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja by simdam500(m): 2:16pm On Jul 18, 2015
My Naija guy look better and simpler like it possible cheesy

That oyinbo guy has too much costume, undecided
Re: Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja by Yugoos: 3:31pm On Jul 18, 2015
No dey spoil d guy man hustle Na. He is trying to eat today pls. Lols

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Two-Headed Russell Viper Discovered In India (Photos) / A Wild Albino Camel In China, First Of Its Kind, Caught On Camera (Pics) / Strange Rainfall In Kpalime Togo (Video, Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.