Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,511 members, 7,808,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:20 PM

Hip Hop World Awards Nomineees: Predictions and Vote link - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Hip Hop World Awards Nomineees: Predictions and Vote link (8312 Views)

Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote / "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> / Destiny's Child, the Hip-Hop Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hip Hop World Awards Nomineees: Predictions and Vote link by chibic(m): 3:17pm On Mar 17, 2009
nigga raw is not there why?so,they don't recognise igbo rap?
Re: Hip Hop World Awards Nomineees: Predictions and Vote link by lalaboi(m): 2:51pm On Apr 09, 2009
You can all vote for your favourites here

http://www.hiphopworldawards.com/nominees.aspx?action=vote

no ojoro oh lol
Re: Hip Hop World Awards Nomineees: Predictions and Vote link by Nobody: 4:37pm On Apr 09, 2009
I have VOTED! go and VOTE! VOTE!! VOTE!!!
Re: Hip Hop World Awards Nomineees: Predictions and Vote link by javalove(m): 6:58pm On Apr 10, 2009
i checked anything that had modenine on it . . .

my next work now is to see how best to hack their database . . . there i can stuff more ballot papers for modenine !!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Hip Hop World Awards Nomineees: Predictions and Vote link by tosinaded(m): 7:48pm On Apr 10, 2009
chibic:

nigga raw is not there why?so,they don't recognise igbo rap?

wut the hell is igbo rap undecided
Re: Hip Hop World Awards Nomineees: Predictions and Vote link by baslone: 10:21pm On Apr 10, 2009
, why waste your time voting,

The results were already written before the nominations.

In as much as I detest Terry G, I think he deserves the producer of the
year award so goes for Clarence. For as long as The Hip award keeps
existing Mode 9 is always going to keep winning awards, e doesn't even
need an album to claim one from Ayo. I think the young players{Bigianos,Clever Jays,Zeez,Hansome,Freewindz,Dee Bees, Sheymans,etc} should just focus on their career
and move.

DAMN,IT'S ALL POLITICS OF THE BIG SHARKS
Re: Hip Hop World Awards Nomineees: Predictions and Vote link by tosinaded(m): 10:34pm On Apr 10, 2009
baslone:

, why waste your time voting,

The results were already written before the nominations.

In as much as I detest Terry G, I think he deserves the producer of the
year award so goes for Clarence. For as long as The Hip award keeps
existing Mode 9 is always going to keep winning awards, e doesn't even
need an album to claim one from Ayo. I think the young players{Bigianos,Clever Jays,Zeez,Hansome,Freewindz,Sheymans,etc} should just focus on their career
and move.

DAMN,IT'S ALL POLITICS OF THE BIG SHARKS

tnx for hitting the nail on the head!!!!
politics stinks angry
Re: Hip Hop World Awards Nomineees: Predictions and Vote link by Baro(m): 11:17pm On Apr 10, 2009
@Baslone, i concur

It's 2 words; Politics and Beef  sad
Re: Hip Hop World Awards Nomineees: Predictions and Vote link by Nobody: 7:42pm On Apr 11, 2009
No i c, it's impossible for an average nigerian to handle d truth dats y they keep lying to you.
U need to ask d organizers of grammy awards y they haven't seen it fit to give R Kelly an award,
Bunch of thomases, y'all betta get a life, every body can't be nominated @ once, likewise,all those nominated can't win,

Hip Hop World Awards is still d NO1 Musical Award in Naija,
Re: Hip Hop World Awards Nomineees: Predictions and Vote link by tosinaded(m): 7:45pm On Apr 11, 2009
olayokun:

No i c, it's impossible for an average nigerian to handle d truth dats y they keep lying to you.
U need to ask d organizers of grammy awards y they haven't seen it fit to give R Kelly an award,
Bunch of thomases, y'all betta get a life, every body can't be nominated @ once, likewise,all those nominated can't win,

Hip Hop World Awards is still d NO1 Musical Award in Naija,

y aint i surprised this is from u
Re: Hip Hop World Awards Nomineees: Predictions and Vote link by Nobody: 8:05pm On Apr 11, 2009
no matter where u get posted to,u 're still d same overbearin guy on NL,i dey hope say d Sun for north go don fry ur brain, u sshuld b thankin God say i dey use dat word or else i 4 don swear 4 u,
Re: Hip Hop World Awards Nomineees: Predictions and Vote link by tosinaded(m): 8:17pm On Apr 11, 2009
olayokun:

no matter where u get posted to,u 're still d same overbearin guy on NL,i dey hope say d Sun for north go don fry ur brain, u sshuld b thankin God say i dey use dat word or else i 4 don swear 4 u,

payan undecided
Re: Hip Hop World Awards Nomineees: Predictions and Vote link by lalaboi(m): 9:22pm On Apr 11, 2009
@Voters

Dont forget to check you email and validate your vote oh. . . tongue
Re: Hip Hop World Awards Nomineees: Predictions and Vote link by rockyfela(m): 9:45pm On Apr 11, 2009
Please u people should stop saying what u dont know. Rkelly has 2 grammy awards.
Re: Hip Hop World Awards Nomineees: Predictions and Vote link by tosinaded(m): 9:52pm On Apr 11, 2009
rockyfela:

Please u people should stop saying what u dont know. Rkelly has 2 grammy awards.

no mind the mumu
Re: Hip Hop World Awards Nomineees: Predictions and Vote link by propheyo: 9:06am On Apr 12, 2009
shank was not even nominated in any of the categories, whats up with hiphopworld award?
Re: Hip Hop World Awards Nomineees: Predictions and Vote link by baslone: 12:14pm On Apr 13, 2009
olayokun:

Bunch of thomases, y'all betta get a life, every body can't be nominated @ once, likewise,

,  and when is it going to be the turn of tracks like "collabo","pass me ur
love","koni koni love","maga don pay","shayo",".

This were hits that shook every spot this year from upcoming
artiste. Maybe we'll recognise some in 3 years.

LOL, I think those guys even forgot to include WeirD MC.  wink
Re: Hip Hop World Awards Nomineees: Predictions and Vote link by Nobody: 7:20pm On Apr 13, 2009
baslone:

, and when is it going to be the turn of tracks like "collabo","pass me ur
love","koni koni love","maga don pay","shayo",".

This were hits that shook every spot this year from upcoming
artiste. Maybe we'll recognise some in 3 years.

LOL, I think those guys even forgot to include WeirD MC. wink

Guy,do u have any idea about d selection process?, i guess no, and secondly,u nid to ask urself dat,all d above mentioned track, in wat category would dey fit in,
Always quick to castigate yet they can't do noffin,
Let it Go.
Re: Hip Hop World Awards Nomineees: Predictions and Vote link by eleshin(m): 8:30pm On Apr 13, 2009
tell me any award in naija that is more credible than HHW award.
Re: Hip Hop World Awards Nomineees: Predictions and Vote link by baslone: 4:41am On Apr 14, 2009
IN THE LAND OF THE BLIND,
Re: Hip Hop World Awards Nomineees: Predictions and Vote link by opensesame: 12:46pm On Apr 16, 2009
First, it is important to state that nobody is ever 100% satisfied with award nominations. Anybody in the house, raise ur left pinky. Nobody? I thought not. Even me. I always have my reservations. But, the fact that I have reservations doesnt make the entire awards crap. (Granted, there are a few times when 80% of the nominations are just plain insane).
That said, I think the HHW awards are the most credible in Nigeria. Year in year out I have seen them give deserving people awards esp regardless of unpopularity. So thumbs up guyz.

My Predictions,

ALBUM OF THE YEAR-  Gongo Aso -  9ice

ARTISTE OF THE YEAR- 9ice ,  com'on who else had it better last yr.

SONG OF THE YR- Gongo Aso -  9ice

RECORDING OF THE YR -  Not the girl - Darey

PRODUCER OF THE YEAR  -  ID Cabasa

BEST MUSIC VIDEO- not a huge fan of any of 'em. THE best video last year was Darey's 'not the girl',  pity it wasn't nominated

BEST DANCEHALL - Couldn't care less

BEST RNB POP ALBUM - Gongo Aso  - 9ice

BEST RAP ALBUM - Talk About It -  M.I   - Definitely not Paradigm shift. Modey is dope aight, but PS was BS.

BEST COLLABRO- I would say Le fe nu so - 9ice & ajasa rily blended

BEST RAP SINGLE- kini big deal -  Naeto C

BEST VOCAL MALE- Taboo -  Wande coal

BEST VOCAL FEMALE- Nikki laoye (som'n is not right though. Cant believe these are the only good  f.vocalists in naij.

BEST STREET HOP- esa lo ba de - Ajasa

NEXT RATED- Dunno rily, but, djinee?? wot d heck!! Officially unreleased, yes. But, promisin, upcomin!! com'on guys. 'Ego' came out in ,wot, 2005?

REVELATION OF THE YEAR- Most definitely M.I - Y'all gotta admit dude was the blast!!

AFRICAN ACT OF THE YR- em,

LYRICIST ON THE ROLL -  Funny, last yr, modey got the award and said it was synonymous with the 'babatunde award', cos his name's babatunde & he'll always geddit! Well, someone tell him the award's jus got a change of name  tongue  - this yr, it's called JUDE ABAGA   wink wink

PS.

1) Someone said 'Not the girl' is rubbish.  (heaves a sigh and hisses at musically challenged folks)

2) How can you call an artiste a disgrace because he didn't release an album in a year? Lord help me!! Not a fan of rugged (anymo), so i dont care if he's a disgrace or not (though he probably is after associatin with the STILL WACK idris and rasquie he dissed cos they were WACK), but why should an artiste release an album EVERY YEAR!
Just a few examples - MJ's very undisgraceful 'Thriller' (need i mention how successful it was and is?) was released in 1982, 3 yrs after 'off the wall'. Next was 'Bad' in 1987, dangerous in 1991 etc
The very 'graceful' Shania Twain's 'Come on over'(highest sellin female album of all-time) was released in 1997,  previous was 1995. Then 'Up!' in 2002 etc
Dido,   No Angel (1999), Life for Rent (2003), Safe Trip Home (2008). Trust me she's not a digrace!
Whitney ,  1985, 1987, 1990
nuff said!!

3) Would love to see P-square's reaction if they win an award this year. The big babies were cryin tribalism last year cos they didnt win anythin. Guess HHW was very untribalistic when they (P-square) carted abt 3 awards the previous year. friggin cry babies!

4) oh yeah. Saw this on another thread. I really think the DJ category should be added to the awards.
Re: Hip Hop World Awards Nomineees: Predictions and Vote link by FBS: 12:56pm On May 12, 2009
9ice will definitely get one.
Re: Hip Hop World Awards Nomineees: Predictions and Vote link by freezer(m): 2:22pm On May 12, 2009
MI is da best, he should win anywhere he has been nominated, have u heard him, lyricall kool, beats and rythm, off the hook,
Re: Hip Hop World Awards Nomineees: Predictions and Vote link by AmAlone: 5:50pm On May 12, 2009
opensesame:

First, it is important to state that nobody is ever 100% satisfied with award nominations. Anybody in the house, raise ur left pinky. Nobody? I thought not. Even me. I always have my reservations. But, the fact that I have reservations doesnt make the entire awards crap. (Granted, there are a few times when 80% of the nominations are just plain insane).
That said, I think the HHW awards are the most credible in Nigeria. Year in year out I have seen them give deserving people awards esp regardless of unpopularity. So thumbs up guyz.

My Predictions,

ALBUM OF THE YEAR- Gongo Aso - 9ice

ARTISTE OF THE YEAR- 9ice , com'on who else had it better last yr.

SONG OF THE YR- Gongo Aso - 9ice

RECORDING OF THE YR - Not the girl - Darey

PRODUCER OF THE YEAR - ID Cabasa

BEST MUSIC VIDEO- not a huge fan of any of 'em. THE best video last year was Darey's 'not the girl', pity it wasn't nominated

BEST DANCEHALL - Couldn't care less

BEST RNB POP ALBUM - Gongo Aso - 9ice

BEST RAP ALBUM - Talk About It - M.I - Definitely not Paradigm shift. Modey is dope aight, but PS was BS.

BEST COLLABRO- I would say Le fe nu so - 9ice & ajasa rily blended

BEST RAP SINGLE- kini big deal - Naeto C

BEST VOCAL MALE- Taboo - Wande coal

BEST VOCAL FEMALE- Nikki laoye (som'n is not right though. Cant believe these are the only good f.vocalists in naij.

BEST STREET HOP- esa lo ba de - Ajasa

NEXT RATED- Dunno rily, but, djinee?? wot d heck!! Officially unreleased, yes. But, promisin, upcomin!! com'on guys. 'Ego' came out in ,wot, 2005?

REVELATION OF THE YEAR- Most definitely M.I - Y'all gotta admit dude was the blast!!

AFRICAN ACT OF THE YR- em,

LYRICIST ON THE ROLL - Funny, last yr, modey got the award and said it was synonymous with the 'babatunde award', cos his name's babatunde & he'll always geddit! Well, someone tell him the award's jus got a change of name tongue - this yr, it's called JUDE ABAGA wink wink

PS.

1) Someone said 'Not the girl' is rubbish. (heaves a sigh and hisses at musically challenged folks)

2) How can you call an artiste a disgrace because he didn't release an album in a year? Lord help me!! Not a fan of rugged (anymo), so i dont care if he's a disgrace or not (though he probably is after associatin with the STILL WACK idris and rasquie he dissed cos they were WACK), but why should an artiste release an album EVERY YEAR!
Just a few examples - MJ's very undisgraceful 'Thriller' (need i mention how successful it was and is?) was released in 1982, 3 yrs after 'off the wall'. Next was 'Bad' in 1987, dangerous in 1991 etc
The very 'graceful' Shania Twain's 'Come on over'(highest sellin female album of all-time) was released in 1997, previous was 1995. Then 'Up!' in 2002 etc
Dido, No Angel (1999), Life for Rent (2003), Safe Trip Home (2008). Trust me she's not a digrace!
Whitney , 1985, 1987, 1990
nuff said!!

3) Would love to see P-square's reaction if they win an award this year. The big babies were cryin tribalism last year cos they didnt win anythin. Guess HHW was very untribalistic when they (P-square) carted abt 3 awards the previous year. friggin cry babies!

4) oh yeah. Saw this on another thread. I really think the DJ category should be added to the awards.

Dash Naice. . . . grin
I was thinking you would involve Rita Dominic and Sain Obi. . .

Darey deserves all of NOTHING!
Re: Hip Hop World Awards Nomineees: Predictions and Vote link by ohaechesi(m): 6:37pm On May 12, 2009
they should have nominated JJ OKOCHA instead of 9ice. they better get Timaya on track. he is the number one, just listen to his rhythm and lyrics, they are all superb jare
Re: Hip Hop World Awards Nomineees: Predictions and Vote link by osasp(m): 7:14pm On May 12, 2009
d fact that modo was nominated shows his consistency quality wise
Re: Hip Hop World Awards Nomineees: Predictions and Vote link by baslone: 11:12pm On May 12, 2009
Yea yea

A FRIEND IN NEED IS A FRIEND INDEED

grin grin grin
Re: Hip Hop World Awards Nomineees: Predictions and Vote link by Nobody: 8:14am On May 13, 2009
shouldnt that ceremony be called hip hop NIGERIAN award?! let alone AFRICAN award before being called WORLD award. very little if not none of these artist will ever see recognition outside nigerian "circle". lets give it some time to grow and maybe in some years, maybe!
Re: Hip Hop World Awards Nomineees: Predictions and Vote link by kshow1(m): 9:02am On May 13, 2009
why are some people insulting some artists and producers.
do you think it is easy to write, compose and sing, i beg all the nominees don try. GIVE IT TO THEM.
Re: Hip Hop World Awards Nomineees: Predictions and Vote link by lalaboi(m): 9:11am On May 13, 2009
MRbrownJAY:

shouldnt that ceremony be called hip hop NIGERIAN award?! let alone AFRICAN award before being called WORLD award. very little if not none of these artist will ever see recognition outside nigerian "circle". lets give it some time to grow and maybe in some years, maybe!

Hiphopworld is magazine which has grown to be platform of entertainment advertisment in nigeria. . . .The world is the name doesnt really mean its world. . . .its like world in naija. . .u get me?
Re: Hip Hop World Awards Nomineees: Predictions and Vote link by Nobody: 11:24am On May 13, 2009
lalaboi:

Hiphopworld is magazine which has grown to be platform of entertainment advertisment in nigeria. . . .The world is the name doesnt really mean its world. . . .its like world in naija. . .u get me?
thanks for the education man. i had never heard of that magazine before!
Re: Hip Hop World Awards Nomineees: Predictions and Vote link by bsanya(f): 12:03pm On May 13, 2009
DON JAZZY AGAIN!!!!
D'BANJ IS MY CHOICE AND I KNOW HE WILL WIN!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Amazing Things U Did Not Know About Chamillionaire / How to Upload Music Free on Waptrick / Phyno - Do I (Official Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.