Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:01 AM

Labels Called Nigeria And Biafra. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Labels Called Nigeria And Biafra. (1145 Views)

Our Spirit Gone Out Of The Carcass Called Nigeria, We Will Never Come Back –IPOB / Nnamdi Kanu: ''Why I Called Nigeria A Zoo, Threaten War'' / The Zoo Called Nigeria (New Animal called Nnamdi Kanu on display in Cage) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Labels Called Nigeria And Biafra. by dexy007(m): 1:44pm On Jul 18, 2015
For quite some time I have had to gather intelligence from the several threads & comments here on nairaland and the outside world in general with reference to the aforementioned topic.

It hurts me badly when I realise the depth of hatred being built inside of us by the so called division in tribe. I begin to wonder before we all were labelled whatever tribe we were first and foremost born as man.

I am Yoruba by tribe, Nigerian by nationality, Christian by religion but most importantly I'm man by reason of specie and birth. If only we could closely see and realise all those classification are merely titles. This we forget, which is the essence of man, to make the best of what other species are ignorant of.

Same way Nigeria and Biafra would only be a geographical location of a certain group of people as well as feeding the egos of certain people which remains the bane of any meaningful development for man. We are quick to forget that there was a certain period that USA never believed that one day a Black man (Racial Labelling) would ever become the president of that nation.

When shall we all see that the day we look beyond all this man-made labels is when the world would be at peace with itself for once. The day Isreal would look at Palestine and say we were both born the same way, same for Palestine. The day the Arabian countries would see that religion is by choice and not by force. I was given birth to as man and not Arabian.

Who says those agitating for Biafra don't have ulterior motives just like the zoo they have labelled Nigeria to be? Who says every tribe in Nigeria doesn't want secession, but we all know that there can never be meaningful development in breaking away.

We all are angry that the White man gave us a name, but have we thought of the idea of coming together as one to rename our true identity, we say we angry at the White man's ideology of naming us, but that same ideology is what as shaped our governance to the present day. Can you re-write history without history? We all been able to read and write today and use modern technology is no doubt referenced to them.

In the midst of all these confusion when it was time to come together as one against the White man's ideology of same sex marriage we all forgot about tribe, religion rather stood as one thinking like the original in the beginning which is MAN. My question is where did all these labels and titles disappear into?

The answer is nowhere cause they are all non-existent only brought alive when there is a favour or reward attached for belonging to an egocentric ideology of a man like yourself seeking to take advantage of a world with scarce resources instead of seeking ways of ensuring such scarce resources are made available to all to indeed bring alive the essence of man which is Equity and Justice.

My humble submission is this, there is no such thing as a White man, Black man or any other man as such. Man is Man, dispersed all over planet earth, with different natural forces exerted upon them in their different geographical environments. No man is superior to the other, exposure and enlightenment differentiates we all of which those two factors are transferable.

Nigeria and Biafra are labels, Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa, etc. are all labels, the earlier we realise this the better for us all, the 1967 civil war will be only a child's play when the current hatred and name callings finally reaches its crescendo.

I love eternally my Yoruba culture, I respect my Ibo business orientation & ingenuity, My Hausa humilty and honesty, My Urhobo sense of humor, My Ibibio dress sense, My Tiv ability to till the soil,but I can never forget who I am, a MAN. My true Muslim brothers and sisters in Nigeria, Biafra and Diaspora I love you all as well, not forgetting those with other religious beliefs.

A man is a person that gathers all information within and outside is environment, sieves the good from the bad and most importantly affects his environs by enlightening and not enforcing.

God bless the GOOD men of Nigeria that most of us are for now!!! God bless the agitation of the GOOD people of Biafra!!! Most importantly God bless Man scattered around the planet earth in general.

Trust me when I say currently no such thing exists as one Nigeria, but with a gathering of MAN and not Nigerians or Biafrans, a New Country would emerge and I know of a certainty that the name of that country wouldn't be Nigeria neither would it be Biafra. Shutting down or jamming of radio stations is not the answer. When the foundation is faulty no buiding can stand. Dialogue remains the answer. Dialogue of the the right people, with the right people and for the right purpose.

May God help and bless us all!!!
Amen.

Source: MyHumbleSelf.

2 Likes

Re: Labels Called Nigeria And Biafra. by DaBullIT(m): 2:00pm On Jul 18, 2015
okkkkk
Re: Labels Called Nigeria And Biafra. by Abba999(f): 2:32pm On Jul 18, 2015
[s][/s]
dexy007:
For quite some time I have had to gather intelligence from the several threads & comments here on nairaland and the outside world in general with reference to the aforementioned topic.

It hurts me badly when I realise the depth of hatred being built inside of us by the so called division in tribe. I begin to wonder before we all were labelled whatever tribe we were first and foremost born as man.

I am Yoruba by tribe, Nigerian by nationality, Christian by religion but most importantly I'm man by reason of specie and birth. If only we could closely see and realise all those classification are merely titles. This we forget, which is the essence of man, to make the best of what other species are ignorant of.

Same way Nigeria and Biafra would only be a geographical location of a certain group of people as well as feeding the egos of certain people which remains the bane of any meaningful development for man. We are quick to forget that there was a certain period that USA never believed that one day a Black man (Racial Labelling) would ever become the president of that nation.

When shall we all see that the day we look beyond all this man-made labels is when the world would be at peace with itself for once. The day Isreal would look at Palestine and say we were both born the same way, same for Palestine. The day the Arabian countries would see that religion is by choice and not by force. I was given birth to as man and not Arabian.

Who says those agitating for Biafra don't have ulterior motives just like the zoo they have labelled Nigeria to be? Who says every tribe in Nigeria doesn't want secession, but we all know that there can never be meaningful development in breaking away.

We all are angry that the White man gave us a name, but have we thought of the idea of coming together as one to rename our true identity, we say we angry at the White man's ideology of naming us, but that same ideology is what as shaped our governance to the present day. Can you re-write history without history? We all been able to read and write today and use modern technology is no doubt referenced to them.

In the midst of all these confusion when it was time to come together as one against the White man's ideology of same sex marriage we all forgot about tribe, religion rather stood as one thinking like the original in the beginning which is MAN. My question is where did all these labels and titles disappear into?

The answer is nowhere cause they are all non-existent only brought alive when there is a favour or reward attached for belonging to an egocentric ideology of a man like yourself seeking to take advantage of a world with scarce resources instead of seeking ways of ensuring such scarce resources are made available to all to indeed bring alive the essence of man which is Equity and Justice.

My humble submission is this, there is no such thing as a White man, Black man or any other man as such. Man is Man, dispersed all over planet earth, with different natural forces exerted upon them in their different geographical environments. No man is superior to the other, exposure and enlightenment differentiates we all of which those two factors are transferable.

Nigeria and Biafra are labels, Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa, etc. are all labels, the earlier we realise this the better for us all, the 1967 civil war will be only a child's play when the current hatred and name callings finally reaches its crescendo.

I love eternally my Yoruba culture, I respect my Ibo business orientation & ingenuity, My Hausa humilty and honesty, My Urhobo sense of humor, My Ibibio dress sense, My Tiv ability to till the soil,but I can never forget who I am, a MAN. My true Muslim brothers and sisters in Nigeria, Biafra and Diaspora I love you all as well, not forgetting those with other religious beliefs.

A man is a person that gathers all information within and outside is environment, sieves the good from the bad and most importantly affects his environs by enlightening and not enforcing.

God bless the GOOD men of Nigeria that most of us are for now!!! God bless the agitation of the GOOD people of Biafra!!! Most importantly God bless Man scattered around the planet earth in general.

Trust me when I say currently no such thing exists as one Nigeria, but with a gathering of MAN and not Nigerians or Biafrans, a New Country would emerge and I know of a certainty that the name of that country wouldn't be Nigeria neither would it be Biafra. Shutting down or jamming of radio stations is not the answer. When the foundation is faulty no buiding can stand. Dialogue remains the answer. Dialogue of the the right people, with the right people and for the right purpose.

Amen.

Source: MyHumbleSelf. [s][/s]

RUBBISH!

Focus on reality and desist from Schizophrenia paraparesis! undecided
Re: Labels Called Nigeria And Biafra. by knowledgeable: 3:56pm On Jul 18, 2015
dexy007:

Amen.

Source: MyHumbleSelf.

saying the same thing. The Igbos shouting biafra cos they nigeria restructed simple.
Re: Labels Called Nigeria And Biafra. by Eastlink(m): 5:03pm On Jul 18, 2015
The earlier this country is restructured the better for us all. For it is only the enemies of a just and prosperous Nigeria that only kicks against any genuine call for restructuring.
For me, I'm beginning to for in love with Biafra.

(1) (Reply)

Rivers Tribunal: Why Peterside Was Ineligible To Run For Governor / Good News ! Kano - Port Harcourt Train Begins - Channels / Kaduna Refinery Begins Production

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.