Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,375 members, 7,781,050 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:04 AM

NAFDAC In Rotting State, Petitioners Say, Alleging Fraud And Waste - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NAFDAC In Rotting State, Petitioners Say, Alleging Fraud And Waste (10668 Views)

FFK: APC Cult Of Death, APC Smells Like Rotting Chinese Fish And A Brothel / Buhari Reacts To Human Rights Reports Alleging Abuse of Female IDPs in the North / Wike Dissociates Self From Comments Made By Media Aide Alleging A Judicial Gangu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NAFDAC In Rotting State, Petitioners Say, Alleging Fraud And Waste by idowuswap: 6:02pm On Jul 18, 2015
Igbo people....hnnnnnnnn,,,,hmmmmmm....chaiiiiiiiiiii.I want to sell this ladio.....instead of radio
Re: NAFDAC In Rotting State, Petitioners Say, Alleging Fraud And Waste by doctokwus: 6:02pm On Jul 18, 2015
The way chocolate royal issue was handled even gave the man away as one easily compromised
Re: NAFDAC In Rotting State, Petitioners Say, Alleging Fraud And Waste by OLUJOSHINS(m): 6:02pm On Jul 18, 2015
Re: NAFDAC In Rotting State, Petitioners Say, Alleging Fraud And Waste by idowuswap: 6:04pm On Jul 18, 2015
idowuswap:
Igbo people....hnnnnnnnn,,,,hmmmmmm....chaiiiiiiiiiii.I want to sell this ladio.....instead of radio
dora wake up and fight ur igbos
Re: NAFDAC In Rotting State, Petitioners Say, Alleging Fraud And Waste by omogin(f): 6:13pm On Jul 18, 2015
Ziondebade:
Dora's legacy goin down d drain. what a pity

Very very sad indeed

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC In Rotting State, Petitioners Say, Alleging Fraud And Waste by bigiyaro(m): 6:15pm On Jul 18, 2015
i knew nafdac dies wit Dora

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC In Rotting State, Petitioners Say, Alleging Fraud And Waste by Cjrane2: 6:16pm On Jul 18, 2015

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC In Rotting State, Petitioners Say, Alleging Fraud And Waste by tgbaba(m): 6:56pm On Jul 18, 2015
God i pray that you should expose all the evils of GEJ government and make all the wailers come to their senses. orhii is one of the evils. The most embarrassing moment was when NAFDAC workers went on strike. After Dora, the only thing NAFDAC regulate is Alomo bitters and water. many fake drugs have entered the country because of this evil people. And now we did not hear anything again about chocolate royal. all we know is that they are back in business after that strong allegation against them using expired material. God help us
Re: NAFDAC In Rotting State, Petitioners Say, Alleging Fraud And Waste by isaiahidah(m): 7:25pm On Jul 18, 2015
The Petition here is very simple. The Director of finance wants to punish his boss for probing his financial misappropriation. Now he is paying part of the loot to Sahara Reporters to cover up his evil act and to punish his boss. Shift happen.

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC In Rotting State, Petitioners Say, Alleging Fraud And Waste by fredosky111(m): 7:44pm On Jul 18, 2015
This is aw u ppl wil talk nd talk bt wen efcc goes to court nd cal u as witnesses to cum nd produce all dis documents u will nt av any document to show for all dis u ppls propaganda.

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC In Rotting State, Petitioners Say, Alleging Fraud And Waste by Hardeybohwarley(m): 7:45pm On Jul 18, 2015
Re: NAFDAC In Rotting State, Petitioners Say, Alleging Fraud And Waste by kromoto: 8:11pm On Jul 18, 2015
isaiahidah:
The Petition here is very simple. The Director of finance wants to punish his boss for probing his financial misappropriation. Now he is paying part of the loot to Sahara Reporters to cover up his evil act and to punish his boss. Shift happen.

It's quite unfortunate that the best way to fight for some is to fight dirty! Why is the petition coming at a time that the Director Finance is asked to go to another dept? The foolish thing is that the DFA also indicted himself, why didn't he speak up all this while? From the look of the petition it is obvious that it is coming from the DFA and his cronies.

A friend of mine tells me NAFDAC staff are so elated with the removal of the DFA who made it a personal thing to starve the agency of funds.
Re: NAFDAC In Rotting State, Petitioners Say, Alleging Fraud And Waste by Sovet: 8:23pm On Jul 18, 2015
it d work of Pharmacist not Dr..Dr know nothing on drug...reason I voted out GEJ.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAFDAC In Rotting State, Petitioners Say, Alleging Fraud And Waste by yandevboy: 8:26pm On Jul 18, 2015
In this new era of change, a lot of vested interest are at work in this country, petitions are flying left, right and center, whether most of these allegations are factual, real or imagined will be the outcome of investigation. Pertinent question on my mind with regards this purported corruption at NAFDAC is the achievements recorded by the Orhii administration. As a professional, i know of Mobile Authentication Service MAS, WHO pre-qualification for 4 Nigerian pharmaceutical companies that enables them to sell their products globally, The TRUSCAN, a device that can detect fake drugs on the spot, the introduction of mini-labs test kits and Infrastructural developments which led to the International Accreditation of NAFDAC lab (the 1st of such in West Africa).

NAFDAC has also initiated the review of it's law to make them more stringent so as to deter counterfeiters (life jail term and confiscation of assets on conviction). The water re-certification exercise is a coordinated war against unregistered and poorly packaged water using a mobile laboratory to test water on factory premises. In the last 2 years, NAFDAC has seized and destroyed fake drugs and other counterfeit products running into billions of naira at Kano, Onitsha, Enugu, Osun, Abuja and Lagos States. From several innovations introduced by Dr.Orhii, NAFDAC now belongs to the elite group of the top 18 regulatory agencies in the world.

While allegations should not be waved away, it sounds like one coming from a disgruntled man, it seems this director of finance who claims to have refused to play the corrupt ball has been at the position for some time now and must have paid this monies claimed, why now? Must it take his supposed transfer to blow the lid? NAFDAC is a very important organisation in Nigeria safeguarding public health and the right hands must be on deck for this mission to be accomplished. In my opinion, Orhii, an accomplished technocat in his own right has done well at the agency

2 Likes

Re: NAFDAC In Rotting State, Petitioners Say, Alleging Fraud And Waste by RealEstate34: 8:30pm On Jul 18, 2015
Ok oo what a news, Lands as cheap as 750,000 Naira for sale at "33" and Nkwelle outskirts of Onitsha Anambra state, interested persons should contact KEN on 08136517728
Re: NAFDAC In Rotting State, Petitioners Say, Alleging Fraud And Waste by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jul 18, 2015
Gone are the days when NAFDAC were always in the news for good things.
Re: NAFDAC In Rotting State, Petitioners Say, Alleging Fraud And Waste by Missmossy(f): 8:39pm On Jul 18, 2015
Just don't know why corruption has eaten so deep in our system in so many ramifications.

The extent at which this has gotten is quite alarming.

3 Likes

Re: NAFDAC In Rotting State, Petitioners Say, Alleging Fraud And Waste by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jul 18, 2015
doctokwus:
The way chocolate royal issue was handled even gave the man away as one easily compromised
How was it handles?
Re: NAFDAC In Rotting State, Petitioners Say, Alleging Fraud And Waste by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jul 18, 2015
Even saharareporters is an affiliate to tinubu.The media outfit is so partisan.
Re: NAFDAC In Rotting State, Petitioners Say, Alleging Fraud And Waste by Olaskybab: 8:55pm On Jul 18, 2015
Datz wot u see wen a Doctor head an org dat blongs 2 pharmacists........When Dora,a pharm was dere,we all knw wot she did.

2 Likes

Re: NAFDAC In Rotting State, Petitioners Say, Alleging Fraud And Waste by yandevboy: 9:09pm On Jul 18, 2015
before you make a post, you should have your facts rights.
nowhere in the nafdac statues is stated a pharmacist must head the agency. you can state it here or quote the statues here for all this see
Olaskybab:
Datz wot u see wen a Doctor head an org dat blongs 2 pharmacists........When Dora,a pharm was dere,we all knw wot she did.
Re: NAFDAC In Rotting State, Petitioners Say, Alleging Fraud And Waste by Olaskybab: 9:24pm On Jul 18, 2015
yandevboy:
before you make a post, you should have your facts rights.
nowhere in the nafdac statues is stated a pharmacist must head the agency. you can state it here or quote the statues here for all this see
I knw quoted me 4 quoting sake not dat u av beta tin 2 type.I don't av tym 4 ppl lyk u. BYE
Re: NAFDAC In Rotting State, Petitioners Say, Alleging Fraud And Waste by doctokwus: 9:45pm On Jul 18, 2015
otunsman:
How was it handles?
Was shut sometime last month for preparing confectioneries it sold with expired raw materials; then just about 2weeks after d company was reopened without NDLEA making public its findings and y it was unsealed.
Re: NAFDAC In Rotting State, Petitioners Say, Alleging Fraud And Waste by omogin(f): 9:52pm On Jul 18, 2015
Sovet:
it d work of Pharmacist not Dr..Dr know nothing on drug...reason I voted out GEJ.

Dora didn't perform cos she was a pharmacist. She did cos she was morally upright. Get ur beef straight lol... And stop acting the naughty Nigerian in u. Not that I like what drs do here but just saying this is not abt that.
Re: NAFDAC In Rotting State, Petitioners Say, Alleging Fraud And Waste by yandevboy: 9:54pm On Jul 18, 2015
Olaskybab:

I knw quoted me 4 quoting sake not dat u av beta tin 2 type.I don't av tym 4 ppl lyk u. BYE
you earlier said nafdac is supposed to be headed by a pharmacist and not Doctor, that's what i refute. remember the agency regulates food, drugs, cosmetics, chemicals and medical equipment. do all these fall under the purview of a pharmacist? i repeat myself again if you don't know, a food scientist, chemist or micro biologist can head nafdac. it mustn't be a pharmacist mr i don't have tym

2 Likes

Re: NAFDAC In Rotting State, Petitioners Say, Alleging Fraud And Waste by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jul 18, 2015
Femolacaster:
Efcc should do the needful!
EFCC is their sister .all of them dey under interpol cheesy lol
Re: NAFDAC In Rotting State, Petitioners Say, Alleging Fraud And Waste by Nobody: 12:39am On Jul 19, 2015
doctokwus:

Was shut sometime last month for preparing confectioneries it sold with expired raw materials; then just about 2weeks after d company was reopened without NDLEA making public its findings and y it was unsealed.
Naija thinz
Re: NAFDAC In Rotting State, Petitioners Say, Alleging Fraud And Waste by omogin(f): 1:14am On Jul 19, 2015
Na all these corruption give our bro GEJ grey hair quick, lol... Now he can relax and manage his own affairs without insults
Re: NAFDAC In Rotting State, Petitioners Say, Alleging Fraud And Waste by iam4nobody: 2:30pm On Jul 19, 2015
This just smells of cheap blackmail, the Director Finance & Accounts refused cooperation yet all this was able to happen?? Without his cooperation?? Really I want to hear something else, there is need to find out if there is love lost somewhere,is he still at the agency or did the transfer stoke this flame?? (pride & blackmail); because these figures can only emanate from an accountant (i.e if they are true after all) Dont trust most whistleblowers, the last one against the ebola funds /NCDC issue turned out to be a fake Doctor, working at the Ministry for almost a decade. I believe the Director of Finance should be investigated, because DG's don't release monies, they do and if he is crying blue murder now, four fingers must surely be pointing at him. Please folks, dont always be too quick to tarnish, investigative journalism will do thirsty truth news seekers alot of good!!

Grave as these allegations against the NAFDAC DG, Dr. Paul Orhii may appear, I will urge caution in arriving at any hasty conclusions until a thoroughl and painstaking investigation of the allegations are carried out. The Director of Finance and Administration who was recently redeployed to another department by the NAFDAC board and who is said to be very unhappy about his redeployment and has openly threatened to malign the DG and get him fired in the expected changes to be made across the board by PMB at the Federal level.
Re: NAFDAC In Rotting State, Petitioners Say, Alleging Fraud And Waste by ArodewilliamsT: 4:04pm On Jul 19, 2015
Delivering 500million monthly to his cousin Mike Aondaaka for putting him there. The same fat headed mike that was first to decamp to APC when buhari was declared winner.
Re: NAFDAC In Rotting State, Petitioners Say, Alleging Fraud And Waste by RealEstate35: 7:57am On Jul 20, 2015
Na wa o! affordable LANDS FOR SALE and apartments for rent at "33" area of Onitsha Anambra state, interested persons should contact KEN on 08136517728

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anambra Chief Judge In Land Grabbing Scandal / Threat Of Emergency Rule: The Position Of Anambra Council Of Traditional Rulers / Drug Scarcity Hits Aso Rock Clinic Despite N3.87 Billion Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.