Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,187 members, 7,780,298 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:54 AM

Why You Need to *ROOT* Your Android Phone! My Top Reasons. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why You Need to *ROOT* Your Android Phone! My Top Reasons. (13983 Views)

Lol, Check Out This Weighty And Long Flip Phone My Friend Just Showed Me / See The Phone My Aunt Bought Few Weeks Ago(photos) / How To Root Tecno Camon C8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Need to *ROOT* Your Android Phone! My Top Reasons. by Tolzeal(m): 8:56am On Jul 19, 2015
Here again i come wink

Welcome Guys!!

To root or not to root? That is the question. Rooting your Android device definitely push you up a level or two in your geekdom. It requires a certain level of commitment, at least a little savvy, and even a modicum of risk. So, why would you want to bother?

So listed below are my Top  Reasons Why You Should Root Your Android Phone ;

A wide Range of Applications:

If you've spent much time in Google Play, you know you're not exactly hard-up for good apps. But why settle for good when you can have great. Once you're rooted not only can you get more apps, but the apps you have access to can get way down deeper into your phone's brains. In some cases you'll be able to do things that carriers, manufacturers, and/or Google may not want you to do. Some will allow you to do things of questionable legality. For example, Network Spoofer uses your device to set up a fake wireless network. When your houseguests sign in, you can make ever image they see inverted, or all of the text fuzzy. It's a harmless prank, but of course it could (but shouldn't!) also be used for stealing passwords and other nefarious things.Some great Applications that makes using an android phone experience unbeatable, Xposed installer(A must), Root explorer, Lucky patcher, freedim, Market enabler,Viper4droid and so many others to mention.

The latest OS updates:

Dammit, why are you  always three updates behind? This may be the most common complaint among Android users, less than half of whom have made it as far as Jelly Bean. Between the Google, the carriers, and the hardware manufacturers, there are a whole lot of friskiness behind closed doors that determines when (or if) your phone gets an upgrade.
Android's developer community, on the other hand, is a hardcore bunch. They're often able to get the new OS onto a phone months before the carrier releases the update, often along with a few bonus features. Once you're rooted, you just have to find the OS version you want (optimized for your specific device), and it's generally extremely easy to install the latest and greatest.

Custom Recovery:

I call this the Soul of tweakers, it's seems to be mother of all,In times of problem you run to momma right? Yes, Custom recovery would always be there for you. A custom recovery is beautiful means of getting yourself out shenanigans encounters, It helps restoring your back to initial working point of your phone, Just like the windows restore point on Pc. We've Got great custom recoveries like TWRP,Philztouch,CWM(ClockWorkMod) and many others for different phone variants and brands.Before doing customization/Tweaking up your phone,This is a must set recovery for you.

Changing the UI:

Android enthusiasts rightly hate the software skins that hardware manufacturers use to brand their devices. They're often bulky, ugly, unwieldy, or just downright not as clean and functional as stock Android. They're also a big reason those OS updates take so long. You're almost always better off without.
So root! Once you do, you can download and install any number of custom-built ROMs (different versions of the Android firmware). Some of them are highly customized and tweaked to add features, and others are basically just stock Android with little or much bloatwares. Cleaning off an ugly skin can be like a breath of fresh air & gives adorable user Interface.

Speed or battery life boosts;

Phone starting to get laggy? Or maybe you're having trouble making it through the day on a single charge? Rooting allows you to install customized kernels (the software that enables the OS to talk to the hardware, basically) that are optimized differently. Some are made for low-power consumption, and some are built for speed. You can also use an app like Set CPU, which enables you to overclock or underclock your phone's processor, and set rules for usage. Some great kernel Ive used and tested working wonderfully well; Boeffla kernel, Artel97 kernel my top vouch, you could make much enquires on which kernel works best for your mobile.

Infinite Features/Freedom:

Can you just Shout it for me ""Freedom"" Fr33dom""Fr33Dom"", My Senegalese Niggur comes to mind smiley

Beyond just customizing your phone's existing features, rooting helps you pile on all kinds of wonderful new weirdness. You'll love it(I swear it.)

Want to hook up your PlayStation controller to your phone for better gaming? You can. Want to set rules for callers to decide who can and can't call you when? Why not. Maybe your carrier has blocked certain apps, or an app isn't available for the country you live in? There are Market Enabler apps that trick your phone (and Google) into thinking it's on another carrier or in a far off land.You institution restricting you from visiting your P*orn pages on School Wi-fi? You can also , Nervous about connecting to the public Wi-Fi? Wifi Protector will keep you safe from all kinds of ARP, DOS, and MITM attacks. Or, you could put the new Android 4.2 camera on your non-Jellybean phone. Accidentally deleted something you wish you hadn't? Undelete might just save your bacon. The possibilities are virtually limitless. smiley

Better Backup:

There are apps out there that kiiiiinnnnda back up your phone, but generally it's pretty surface level stuff (contacts, pictures, music, etc.). Once rooted you can go way, way deeper. Grab an app called Titanium Backup/RomTool box. Not only can it back up all of your apps, but it can back up all of the information stored in those apps. So if you've been doing great in Candy crush but you want to wipe your phone and start fresh, you can use Titanium to back up and then restore the game, and you'll be right where you left off. It's a nice security blanket if you're going to be messing around deep in your phone's brain.

In spite of all these benefits, only you know whether rooting is right for you. For some people it's just not worth the time and effort. For others, it's a godsend that allows them to use their phones in a better way and for a longer time. If you decide to take the plunge, read up and make sure you follow instructions carefully. After that, go hog wild. It's your phone, after all.grin

Hope this helps you make your mind whether to root your device or not..

Disclaimer: Please NOTE that your warranty is now Void.

Last Bullet : To Bashers and Slayers on STOP F..B..T THREAD i Created.

GOD IS WATCHING YOU OOO...gringrin

cc:lalasticlala,seun,dragnet

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why You Need to *ROOT* Your Android Phone! My Top Reasons. by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 19, 2015
grin
Re: Why You Need to *ROOT* Your Android Phone! My Top Reasons. by Netz1: 10:05am On Jul 19, 2015
Good one. I'm a fan of your posts.
So much enlightenment. I've got my phone rooted already. gringrin

1 Like

Re: Why You Need to *ROOT* Your Android Phone! My Top Reasons. by Tolzeal(m): 10:34am On Jul 19, 2015
Netz1:
Good one. I'm a fan of your posts.
So much enlightenment. I've got my phone rooted already. gringrin

i appreciate you post bro. I would forever be of help with the little i can .

Thanks for checking on my thread.
Re: Why You Need to *ROOT* Your Android Phone! My Top Reasons. by Farnen(m): 11:27am On Jul 19, 2015
Tolzeal:

i appreciate you post bro. I would forever be of help with the little i can .

Thanks for checking in my thread.
Please, how can i root Samsung Galaxy Core Prime? I have tried all the versions of Kingroot but non of them worked.
Re: Why You Need to *ROOT* Your Android Phone! My Top Reasons. by forke(m): 11:39am On Jul 19, 2015
Gud points
Re: Why You Need to *ROOT* Your Android Phone! My Top Reasons. by kazzonline: 12:56pm On Jul 19, 2015
You missed an important point oo,tweaking of imei so we can browse freeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Why You Need to *ROOT* Your Android Phone! My Top Reasons. by GodswillAJudins(m): 1:34pm On Jul 19, 2015
I need help on how to root infinix zero
Re: Why You Need to *ROOT* Your Android Phone! My Top Reasons. by Tolzeal(m): 1:42pm On Jul 19, 2015
kazzonline:
You missed an important point oo,tweaking of imei so we can browse freeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

grin

Well it's not really Compulsory you root before tweaking IMEI it just neccessary to avoid stories that touch incase anything goes wrong.

Last bullet: TWEAKING IMEI is Allowed grin

1 Like

Re: Why You Need to *ROOT* Your Android Phone! My Top Reasons. by korlhyjay(m): 1:53pm On Jul 19, 2015
pls how can I root the eleohone p7000.
Re: Why You Need to *ROOT* Your Android Phone! My Top Reasons. by dan1217(m): 1:59pm On Jul 19, 2015
Nice topic bro. Thumbs up to. But I did try to root my samsung s4 with king root of which it was successful. But d phones reboots on its own now..Any help?
Re: Why You Need to *ROOT* Your Android Phone! My Top Reasons. by Tolzeal(m): 2:07pm On Jul 19, 2015
GodswillAJudins:
I need help on how to root infinix zero

Ofcourse Yes !!

A Vouch for this method: http://www.shelaf.com/2015/02/simple-method-to-root-infinix-zero.html

If uve got any troubles ,Kindly let know.
Re: Why You Need to *ROOT* Your Android Phone! My Top Reasons. by Tolzeal(m): 2:09pm On Jul 19, 2015
dan1217:
Nice topic bro. Thumbs up to. But I did try to root my samsung s4 with king root of which it was successful. But d phones reboots on its own now..Any help?

Still Encountering same issue? Lemme get it clear , Are you stocked of the samsung boot screen ? Or Phone boots uup normally then starts rebooting On it own?
Re: Why You Need to *ROOT* Your Android Phone! My Top Reasons. by Tolzeal(m): 2:14pm On Jul 19, 2015
korlhyjay:
pls how can I root the eleohone p7000.

If MTK chip bro/!
Popular iroot/Vroot/Kingoroot Should for you.

Get the method from someone using same kind of phone on Nl.
Re: Why You Need to *ROOT* Your Android Phone! My Top Reasons. by Okaka27(m): 3:12pm On Jul 19, 2015
Tolzeal:

If MTK chip bro/!
Popular iroot/Vroot/Kingoroot Should for you.

Get the method from someone using same kind of phone on Nl.
help me in rooting Infinix Zero X506 pls

the 16gig version seems to be impossible to root as I have trued every possible means
Re: Why You Need to *ROOT* Your Android Phone! My Top Reasons. by dridowu: 3:13pm On Jul 19, 2015
Re: Why You Need to *ROOT* Your Android Phone! My Top Reasons. by kazzonline: 3:16pm On Jul 19, 2015
Tolzeal:

grin

Well it's not really Compulsory you root before tweaking IMEI it just neccessary to avoid stories that touch incase anything goes wrong.

Well you shld know i only posted that so as to remind u of ur topic of why we shld avoid tweaks na grin
Re: Why You Need to *ROOT* Your Android Phone! My Top Reasons. by trendy01(f): 3:18pm On Jul 19, 2015
Pls Wat is d disadvantage of rooting?
Re: Why You Need to *ROOT* Your Android Phone! My Top Reasons. by Janet101(f): 3:20pm On Jul 19, 2015
Pls,I need steps on how to root Samsung S5
Re: Why You Need to *ROOT* Your Android Phone! My Top Reasons. by kazzonline: 3:28pm On Jul 19, 2015
Janet101:
Pls,I need steps on how to root Samsung S5

If ur s5 is on lollipop get a phone/android expert to hekp u out even android kitkat sef,rooting wfout computer go hard
Re: Why You Need to *ROOT* Your Android Phone! My Top Reasons. by kazzonline: 3:29pm On Jul 19, 2015
trendy01:
Pls Wat is d disadvantage of rooting?

You would void your warranty

Also you might hard brick your device
Re: Why You Need to *ROOT* Your Android Phone! My Top Reasons. by Janet101(f): 3:32pm On Jul 19, 2015
kazzonline:

If ur s5 is on lollipop get a phone/android expert to hekp u out even android kitkat sef,rooting wfout computer go hard

Which one is lollipop, me I don't even knw d different

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Need to *ROOT* Your Android Phone! My Top Reasons. by kazzonline: 3:57pm On Jul 19, 2015
Janet101:

Na wa oo,add me on whatsapp,chk my profile and my adds for my whatsapp lemme coach u.lollipop is ur android software?which ur s5 shld be runing on
Re: Why You Need to *ROOT* Your Android Phone! My Top Reasons. by walanter(m): 3:59pm On Jul 19, 2015
Tolzeal:
Here again i come wink

Welcome Guys!!

To root or not to root? That is the question. Rooting your Android device definitely push you up a level or two in your geekdom. It requires a certain level of commitment, at least a little savvy, and even a modicum of risk. So, why would you want to bother?

So listed below are my Top  Reasons Why You Should Root Your Android Phone ;

A wide Range of Applications:

If you've spent much time in Google Play, you know you're not exactly hard-up for good apps. But why settle for good when you can have great. Once you're rooted not only can you get more apps, but the apps you have access to can get way down deeper into your phone's brains. In some cases you'll be able to do things that carriers, manufacturers, and/or Google may not want you to do. Some will allow you to do things of questionable legality. For example, Network Spoofer uses your device to set up a fake wireless network. When your houseguests sign in, you can make ever image they see inverted, or all of the text fuzzy. It's a harmless prank, but of course it could (but shouldn't!) also be used for stealing passwords and other nefarious things.Some great Applications that makes using an android phone experience unbeatable, Xposed installer(A must), Root explorer, Lucky patcher, freedim, Market enabler,Viper4droid and so many others to mention.

The latest OS updates:

Dammit, why are you  always three updates behind? This may be the most common complaint among Android users, less than half of whom have made it as far as Jelly Bean. Between the Google, the carriers, and the hardware manufacturers, there are a whole lot of friskiness behind closed doors that determines when (or if) your phone gets an upgrade.
Android's developer community, on the other hand, is a hardcore bunch. They're often able to get the new OS onto a phone months before the carrier releases the update, often along with a few bonus features. Once you're rooted, you just have to find the OS version you want (optimized for your specific device), and it's generally extremely easy to install the latest and greatest.

Custom Recovery:

I call this the Soul of tweakers, it's seems to be mother of all,In times of problem you run to momma right? Yes, Custom recovery would always be there for you. A custom recovery is beautiful means of getting yourself out shenanigans encounters, It helps restoring your back to initial working point of your phone, Just like the windows restore point on Pc. We've Got great custom recoveries like TWRP,Philztouch,CWM(ClockWorkMod) and many others for different phone variants and brands.Before doing customization/Tweaking up your phone,This is a must set recovery for you.

Changing the UI:

Android enthusiasts rightly hate the software skins that hardware manufacturers use to brand their devices. They're often bulky, ugly, unwieldy, or just downright not as clean and functional as stock Android. They're also a big reason those OS updates take so long. You're almost always better off without.
So root! Once you do, you can download and install any number of custom-built ROMs (different versions of the Android firmware). Some of them are highly customized and tweaked to add features, and others are basically just stock Android with little or much bloatwares. Cleaning off an ugly skin can be like a breath of fresh air & gives adorable user Interface.

Speed or battery life boosts;

Phone starting to get laggy? Or maybe you're having trouble making it through the day on a single charge? Rooting allows you to install customized kernels (the software that enables the OS to talk to the hardware, basically) that are optimized differently. Some are made for low-power consumption, and some are built for speed. You can also use an app like Set CPU, which enables you to overclock or underclock your phone's processor, and set rules for usage. Some great kernel Ive used and tested working wonderfully well; Boeffla kernel, Artel97 kernel my top vouch, you could make much enquires on which kernel works best for your mobile.

Infinite Features/Freedom:

Can you just Shout it for me ""Freedom"" Fr33dom""Fr33Dom"", My Senegalese Niggur comes to mind smiley

Beyond just customizing your phone's existing features, rooting helps you pile on all kinds of wonderful new weirdness. You'll love it(I swear it.)

Want to hook up your PlayStation controller to your phone for better gaming? You can. Want to set rules for callers to decide who can and can't call you when? Why not. Maybe your carrier has blocked certain apps, or an app isn't available for the country you live in? There are Market Enabler apps that trick your phone (and Google) into thinking it's on another carrier or in a far off land.You institution restricting you from visiting your P*orn pages on School Wi-fi? You can also , Nervous about connecting to the public Wi-Fi? Wifi Protector will keep you safe from all kinds of ARP, DOS, and MITM attacks. Or, you could put the new Android 4.2 camera on your non-Jellybean phone. Accidentally deleted something you wish you hadn't? Undelete might just save your bacon. The possibilities are virtually limitless. smiley

Better Backup:

There are apps out there that kiiiiinnnnda back up your phone, but generally it's pretty surface level stuff (contacts, pictures, music, etc.). Once rooted you can go way, way deeper. Grab an app called Titanium Backup/RomTool box. Not only can it back up all of your apps, but it can back up all of the information stored in those apps. So if you've been doing great in Candy crush but you want to wipe your phone and start fresh, you can use Titanium to back up and then restore the game, and you'll be right where you left off. It's a nice security blanket if you're going to be messing around deep in your phone's brain.

In spite of all these benefits, only you know whether rooting is right for you. For some people it's just not worth the time and effort. For others, it's a godsend that allows them to use their phones in a better way and for a longer time. If you decide to take the plunge, read up and make sure you follow instructions carefully. After that, go hog wild. It's your phone, after all.grin

Hope this helps you make your mind whether to root your device or not..

Dedicate this writeup to deejayharry1
God bless you .

Last Bullet : To Bashers and Slayers on STOP F..B..T THREAD i Created.

GOD IS WATCHING YOU OOO...gringrin
bro am currently having issue with my rooted phone...... I cant download and it don't play music .....wic have corrupted my pics..... any info on what really going on
Re: Why You Need to *ROOT* Your Android Phone! My Top Reasons. by Janet101(f): 4:19pm On Jul 19, 2015
[quote author=kazzonline post=36047023]

Na wa oo,add me on whatsapp,chk my profile and my adds for my whatsapp lemme coach u.lollipop is ur android software?which ur s5 shld be runing on[/quote

Pls give me ur number now
Re: Why You Need to *ROOT* Your Android Phone! My Top Reasons. by Tolzeal(m): 4:20pm On Jul 19, 2015
walanter:
bro am currently having issue with my rooted phone...... I cant download and it don't play music .....wic have corrupted my pics..... any info on what really going on

Rooting might not lead you to that .
Tell your phone brand and model.
You might get Pics corrupted due to connection with PC with no Antivirus or unupdated one.
Re: Why You Need to *ROOT* Your Android Phone! My Top Reasons. by Tolzeal(m): 4:22pm On Jul 19, 2015
kazzonline:

Well you shld know i only posted that so as to remind u of ur topic of why we shld avoid tweaks na grin

Hahaah...
Yes bro. I gerrit Now..

LoOl
Re: Why You Need to *ROOT* Your Android Phone! My Top Reasons. by Tolzeal(m): 4:24pm On Jul 19, 2015
Okaka27:
help me in rooting Infinix Zero X506 pls

the 16gig version seems to be impossible to root as I have trued every possible means

Everything you can ever think of is possible,so far you're on the Android Platform . It's smooth and free.

I wanna Believe you variant aint different from the popular ones. So, I'm sure you getting some stuffs wrong bro.

The link posted earlier would work for you.
Re: Why You Need to *ROOT* Your Android Phone! My Top Reasons. by Tolzeal(m): 4:28pm On Jul 19, 2015
Janet101:

Enlighten your self ma'am : https://www.android.com/versions/lollipop-5-0/?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C8404932734

Summary : Sleek Material Design.
Re: Why You Need to *ROOT* Your Android Phone! My Top Reasons. by dynamic0867(m): 4:28pm On Jul 19, 2015
@OP. am using Xperia m, it is possible for me to tweak imei without rooting my phone ?
Re: Why You Need to *ROOT* Your Android Phone! My Top Reasons. by Tolzeal(m): 4:34pm On Jul 19, 2015
dynamic0867:
@OP. am using Xperia m, it is possible for me to tweak imei without rooting my phone ?

Doesn't worth it.
Re: Why You Need to *ROOT* Your Android Phone! My Top Reasons. by walanter(m): 4:39pm On Jul 19, 2015
Tolzeal:

Rooting might not lead you to that .
Tell your phone brand and model.
You might get Pics corrupted due to connection with PC with no Antivirus or unupdated one.
the brand is infix hot .....
and it only when d fine started having problem...DAT wen I have to do some back up wit PC .....am jus confused

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Airtel And Their Dubious Ways In Siphoning Our Money / How To Stop Unsolicited Sms & Calls From Glo, Mtn, Airtel, Etisalat Etc / Airtel Is Giving Out 300MB To Customers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.