Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:08 AM

He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! (15919 Views)

Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job / HELP!!! He Wants To Quit His Job / He Earns More Than Half A Million Per Month Yet He's So Unhappy With His Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by Adultnextdoor(m): 11:32am On Jul 19, 2015
Happy sunday.....

it's true that i get paid very big for working as a chemical scientist and i've always been an expert in science-related courses but music has always been the dream for me right from childhood, i've always wanted to be an Highlife singer......

At this point in my life as a youngman, i have so much money due to the fact that i worked for a prestigeous petro-chemical company in italy for two years before moving down to Nigeria.

I currently work for a petroleum company as the Asst. Supervisor of the production department and Supervisor of the quality control section, this September will make it my second year of serving this company........

Now with this little achievement, i still get the strong urge to follow my music career.....to be sincere, it is the main reason i relocated back to Nigeria,This September, i will be resigning and i want to know if i'm making the right decision.....

pls you can share if you've got any advice....bless!!

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by waleyp(m): 12:04pm On Jul 19, 2015
Hey bro i feel what you feeling right now.. I love music as well as you do,but talking about you right now hmmm you can do music as a part time job and keep your job too.i know later that one will affect the other but as a starter in this music thing just do a single push the song and you must work with the right people.you still can keep your job till you gotten so deep in the music train..i write songs too but time will tell. If you love what you do why not go for it or someone else who do it..if you ve means to make your dreams real then why Wait?MAY GOD HELP US

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by dopeJemi: 12:29pm On Jul 19, 2015
Follow your dream, nothing is greater than that

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by fowowe411: 12:55pm On Jul 19, 2015
Bros, bros, bros how many times I call you? Na money dy push music o... No leave that comfort zone o..... because jungle rough die..... I don yarn my own o

83 Likes 2 Shares

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by Chestar5(f): 1:43pm On Jul 20, 2015
follow your brain not your heart cos ur hrt can deceive u but ur brain cant

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by Doskit(m): 2:10pm On Jul 20, 2015
@Op there is nothing wrong in following your dream. We one way or the other find ourselves in a place that will be a stepping stone towards the actualization of our dream in life. I'll advice you to get a book titled 'Before you quit your job' by Robert Kiyosaki. And also try to seek a professional advice from a qualified Music manager as regards the profession.

Good luck!

If you can dream it, you can do it. cool

7 Likes

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by shalomm: 2:10pm On Jul 20, 2015
can't you combine the both @op?

5 Likes

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by maduxs: 2:10pm On Jul 20, 2015
music is money and no amount of money is too much for music and no amount is small but you need to keep your job because you will need additional money to finance your music carrier. In addition I don tire to hear say west German colonial
master go America if he like make him go heaven
is none of my business please .

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by Firefire(m): 2:11pm On Jul 20, 2015
Follow your dream...
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by richardjemedafe1(m): 2:11pm On Jul 20, 2015
Oga, i knw of millions of chemical scientist who do their job and sing at the same time!!

A word is enough for the wise...

Just tink twice so u dnt make a great mistake u wil regreat al ur life..av a nice day

10 Likes

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by debris: 2:11pm On Jul 20, 2015
embarassed
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by loadedvibes: 2:11pm On Jul 20, 2015
All of una before me dey craze. Una no sabi advice una think say na abroad we dey here or una think say this na fairytale wey una dey talk say follow ur dreams.

Now lemme advice you d africa style.

Bros wey wan leave him job for music u dey craze u no how many jobless musicians they lagos wey dey find ur job.
Nothing like follow ur dreams for real life. Leave dream for dream land na who see were sleep well dey dream o.

But if u still say u wan leave d job sha. Abeg tell me d company I get person wey go like replace u, him don dey find work since

Now I don talk. Who get ear make e hear abi who get eye make e read

87 Likes 3 Shares

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jul 20, 2015
1) Do you really have the interest. Do you really want to do music or is it because others are doing it.Do u really really love to do my music ?? Are you extremely happy and fulfilled when u do music??

2) Do you really have the Talent - Do u want to do music to just be famous or u just like music.Do you have that talent or have u undergone training in this line..Do u have wat it takes esp 4 d Nigeria Style of music

3) Do you have the assets - I think in your casethat is solved. since you have enough money to promote,get good production,shoot videos or even build your own studio and maybe later set up a record label.

if your answer is yes pls "take a Leave of probably 3 months from office" and Test run 2 songs .if d Response to the song by majority of mixed listeners is positive not minding if d songs blow or not, My brother " RESIGN'

8 Likes

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by adioolayi(m): 2:11pm On Jul 20, 2015
That's passion..maybe you will feel more fulfilled....Be ready to shoulder the full blame if things go bad...Don't blame God... Goodluck

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by peoritio: 2:12pm On Jul 20, 2015
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jul 20, 2015
ok
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by deniyor: 2:12pm On Jul 20, 2015
Follow your dreams.
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by dipopooo(m): 2:12pm On Jul 20, 2015
U dnt need to ask us resign abeg

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by zicoraads: 2:12pm On Jul 20, 2015
You needn't open a thread. Just do it already grin grin

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jul 20, 2015
Bros abeg no change,airforce1 still dey there he never blow.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by tyconcepts(f): 2:13pm On Jul 20, 2015
How can you contemplate leaving certainty for uncertainty......??

Some musicians who has been in the scene for long now hasn't even blown even with a bomb tied to their chest.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jul 20, 2015
Oga, keep your job. Nigeria and Italy are not the same. Or better still, you can combine both. angry

3 Likes

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by Desola1(f): 2:13pm On Jul 20, 2015
Don't even think of quitting your job and please try and return back to Italy because music in naija no be shereshere especially the genre of music you want to do

3 Likes

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by philfrey08: 2:13pm On Jul 20, 2015
Can i get that job to replace you.... am a chemist also... i love music.....

9 Likes

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by idupaul: 2:14pm On Jul 20, 2015
Keep ur job and use weekends and night time to work on a single , push the single and see how well it does .. Music career is an ogbanje place there is no criteria to know if u will succeed there or not.

5 Likes

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by lateefx(m): 2:14pm On Jul 20, 2015
i advise u gather more money before you venture into the uncertain career of music. unless you believe very well say ur voice sweet pass our current highlife singers wey we get.
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jul 20, 2015
It boils down to your talent, interest, dream, mindset and instinct. cool

If you don't enjoy what you are doing, quit and embrace your dream profession.

2baba (Tu face) is a School drop out, you know where he dwells right now. cool

Meanwhile, I recommend the Marvin Record Boss (Don Jazzy) to you, go and try your Talent in his Studio, be humble and loyal not only to him but everyone around you. cool

Goodluck!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by BuddhaPalm(m): 2:14pm On Jul 20, 2015
Do the music thing in your spare time first.

It might not bring immediate returns.

The god of music is fickle.

Very fickle...

3 Likes

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jul 20, 2015
Do ii look like his parents that wasted their money to train him iin skool all these years

iif uu think stardom comes overnight uu are on a very long thing...

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by raziboi(m): 2:15pm On Jul 20, 2015
pray to God and he will show u de way****

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by sommyblaze(m): 2:15pm On Jul 20, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10 Common Salary Negotiation Mistakes / KBK Foundation Is Looking For Man Assaulted By Police For Demanding His Salary / 4 Signs You Are Going To Be Fired And How To Fix Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.