Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,277 members, 7,807,932 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? (7957 Views)

The Monthly Income Of Web Designers / Developers In Nigeria / Http://nahere.com A New Social Network For Developers In Nigeria / Are There Really Good Website Developers In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? by webguru(m): 1:12pm On Mar 17, 2009
I think nairalist.com shows seun should be on the list.
Re: 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? by Afam4eva(m): 2:33pm On Mar 17, 2009
webguru:

I think nairalist.com shows seun should be on the list.

I doubt if you're a web guru as your name implies. It's rather unfortunate that you consider nairalist an affort to consider seun as one of the best web developers.
Re: 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? by Seun(m): 4:55pm On Mar 17, 2009
Guys, guys, what about Nairalist?  @webguru: thanks for noticing.
I wouldn't call myself one of the best web developers, but I'm a developer one way or the other.
Re: 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Mar 17, 2009
Erm, i seem to have missed some things here. . .
Re: 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? by nitation(m): 10:01pm On Mar 17, 2009
@ All

I can see seun don show the power invested in him by the World Wide Web for this thread. He don throw way my post. I am not trying to destroy his investments ooo. Just showing the major reason why he shouldn't be on that list.

If I go vote for person, personal vote, then i sabi good programmers out there

- nitation
Re: 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Mar 17, 2009
Maybe the post was off-the-topic. . .that is that then, at least it is the post he throw-way no-be-u-he-throw-way. . .
So who are your own good programmers o jare. . .
Re: 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? by nitation(m): 8:23am On Mar 18, 2009
@DHTML

Why would you say my post was off topic. Seun bragged about www.nairalist.com and I challenged the fact that nairalist shouldn't be regarded as top one-millionth how hard is that for you to understand.

Also, explain in detail the reason why it was off topic. More so, to give credits to good developers in Nigeria, I will vote OLEKU of faceoffestac.net

Without any doubt, he's good period.

- nitation
Re: 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? by efeboy(m): 10:30am On Mar 18, 2009
Guess what! I read the article or list or whatever. I could not criticize him because I did not find anything that he did

wrong. WHY?

The guy did not impose the NOMINEES as the winners. He said they were only NOMINEES right? He asked for anybody

with an Idea of who best fit into that nomination list, to come up with it. He has succeeded in coming up with his, now

it is remaining y'all and I.

IMHO, It is not a bad Idea to put up the worst and best together for a competition just to find out who really is the

best, right?
Re: 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? by pie1ect(m): 11:53am On Mar 18, 2009
All this agitation about nothing really. The list ends at 10. There's the opportunity to add your name if you feel like you should be on it. Personally, I don't see the point of that sort of list because the best is always yet to come, however you cannot deny the fact that some of the names on that list deserve mention. At least Seun Osewa does. Not many Nigerians have been able to leverage the power of the web the way Seun has. I'm not too sure about the other names but then again, there's the chance to put your name on there if you wish to.

TBH, I don't think it will be a bad idea to institute some kind of web awards to promote professionalism on the webscene in Nigeria.
Re: 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Mar 18, 2009
The question on my mind has alwayz been, does best web developer also mean best coder?
Re: 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? by nitation(m): 3:01pm On Mar 18, 2009
@DHTML

You still haven't responded to my question

- nitation
Re: 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? by dammytosh: 3:52pm On Mar 18, 2009
sincerely i'm kind of confused here ! shocked

Who is a web Developer ?
1. Website designer, (html)
2. Web based application developer (payroll, payment system, accounting system, crazy windows systems comfortably converted to web app ?) with any web language u can ever think of ?
3. A script editor ("find and replace" guru, sorry open source forum, blog spot editors etc ? )
u can complete the list.
Seriously, Please who is a web developer
Re: 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? by kazey(m): 4:16pm On Mar 18, 2009
A web developer is a software developer or software engineer who is specifically engaged in the development of World Wide Web applications, or distributed network applications that are run over the HTTP protocol from a web server to a web browser. ,
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_developer

An individual or company that specializes in the development of Web sites. Web developers handle all programming aspects of creating a Web site ,
www.quickbrightsharp.com/info/glossary.html

A person who undertakes programming tasks for a Web site. This can include producing e-commerce applications or implementing a site search tool ,
www.bized.co.uk/educators/16-19/business/marketing/lesson/sup_glossary.htm
Re: 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? by Afam4eva(m): 5:39pm On Mar 18, 2009
Seun:

Guys, guys, what about Nairalist?  @webguru: thanks for noticing.
I wouldn't call myself one of the best web developers, but I'm a developer one way or the other.

Seun, u get mouth jo, U're one of the luckiest webmasters as someone put it, thumbs up
Re: 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Mar 18, 2009
@Afam, i dig ur penultimate post

Nairalist.com is a successful website and Oluwaseun osewa can appear on the 100 list if success is one of the criteria, if not, then he CAN make it on the list based on his skill sets as a developer

If i were to nominate top 10, i will go for that guy behind idonthestreet website and here on NL, i will go for W**M**k (dont ask me, figure it out), i have seen these guys do amazing stuffs
TO ME, web development is not all about programming, validation etc. , it's ALSO about creating something beautiful (afterall we all want to be beautiful) and getting it to do what it's supposed to do.
i heard a very close friend say he has decided to do his animations with javascript cos flash is heavy then he wrote this very long script to achieve an easing effect which worked fine for firefox, he is now planning to write an abstraction for other browsers.
lol thats fine, i am not against it, we all think differently
Re: 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? by Nobody: 7:43am On Mar 19, 2009
@nitation: i am not sure, i have an answer to ur question, just a suggestion. . .if you can spoof my site. . .does that mean, i am not a good coder? doubt it!

@all: the fact is, even thru NL (and nairalist sef), seun has been more successful than many of some of us o-lenu-pa coders that are alwayz shouting all over the place. . .
Re: 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? by nitation(m): 12:34pm On Mar 19, 2009
@DHTML

I have no response to your point. Jeun LO!

- nitation
Re: 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Mar 19, 2009
Wa sere jare. . .I think it is time to start nominating our own best 10 here. . .in webmasters sef. . .
Re: 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? by nitation(m): 6:39pm On Mar 19, 2009
Kick start it

- nitation
Re: 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? by Nobody: 6:57am On Mar 20, 2009
I will start by nominating: webdezzi and quadrillo. . .for starters. . .
Re: 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? by nitation(m): 7:35am On Mar 20, 2009
Kindly give us reasons and their past work done!!!

- nitation
Re: 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? by paule: 1:11pm On Mar 20, 2009
There are lots of good programmers that don't want to showase themselves, don't u think so!
Re: 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? by dgreatrock(m): 2:35pm On Mar 20, 2009
this is a fraud!
Re: 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Mar 20, 2009
And yes, there are some badass programmers on this board that dont make so much noise. . .
My reasons and past works done? i dont need that to access them. . .i have been following lots of their posts
to access them. . .that is usually enough to the trained eye. . .it is obvious that they are good . . . and of course
my reasons are biased maybe. . .but that is why they are my nominees. . .

aand i will also add seun to that list too. . .and the list is not arranged in any particular order. . .

- seun
- webdezzi
- dhtml
- yawatide
- nitation
- webguru
- pc guru
- diltony
- my2cents
- dani1luv

Oops. . .looks like someone was nominated twice. . .so that will be 10 (minus the double)
Re: 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? by cyberomin(m): 10:41am On Mar 21, 2009
Hehe, DHTML you didn't include my name lol, guess some guys are like who he.
Re: 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? by Nobody: 11:15am On Mar 21, 2009
I forget sef:
- cyberomni
- omnipotens

that is how many now? Actually you can nominate yourself. . .afterall i nominated myself twice. . .
Re: 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Mar 21, 2009
I nominate (I only nominate those whose posts i have been noting && those in my skull right now).

DHTML
Kehers
Webmonk
Nitation
My2cents
Smartsoft
Yawatide
Seun (i know he knows this thing but havent see any of his work though, not anywhere)
Omnipotens
Abidemi
Webdezzi

I think these guy are trying
Re: 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? by otoidea(m): 11:30pm On Mar 22, 2009
4 em pplz sayin seun aint a 'website developer'

Q1. is this a website?

Q2. was it developed by seun?

no further questions.

lol
Re: 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? by Nobody: 12:08am On Mar 23, 2009
what the? Berra gerraway Here we go again . . . nomination is purely suggestive here . . . And in the last 2 nominations
by webdezzi and dhtml, some names were repeated twice . . . we have not yet declared the winner. . .
Re: 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Mar 23, 2009
lets wait for others, though they dont subscribe to the "Guru" title.
Re: 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Mar 23, 2009
Yeah right. . .more nominees please!
Re: 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? by niyyie(m): 8:49pm On Mar 31, 2009
I am amused at the twist and turns this thread has taken. It is typical of most threads on Nairaland.
Thing is, if one was to use a strict definition of "web developers" there are very few that can be listed from Nigeria. People who customize (write widgets or modules) would be excluded and only folks who develop web applications using web programming languages will be listed.

But then, who says a guy who writes a functional WordPress widget is not a web developer? The issue is very debatable.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Help, My Alexa Ranking Is Dropping Very Fast / 5 Things You Must Know Before Starting A Blog / Why Is Web Development So Complex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.