Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,641 members, 7,801,868 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:51 AM

Nairaland Philosophy Students - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Philosophy Students (18381 Views)

Amazing Art & Philosophy Illustration Of The Real World / GST112: Philosophy And Human Existence, Term Paper / Thread For All Philosophy Students And Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Philosophy Students by MrcuteOscar: 1:49pm On Apr 20, 2016
I rep Imo state university,owerri. We can form a forum via Whatsapp by dropping our digits for better analysis. What do u think? Mine-0703951992.
Re: Nairaland Philosophy Students by Nobody: 2:20pm On Apr 20, 2016
damosky12:

Why do many undergraduates and fresh graduates always think of 'employer', 'get job', 'labour market'? Do You Ever Think Of Creating Jobs? Do You Think Of Solving Problems?
hmmm nice one and nice signature you got there
Re: Nairaland Philosophy Students by Nobody: 2:22pm On Apr 20, 2016
MrcuteOscar:
I rep Imo state university,owerri. We can form a forum via Whatsapp by dropping our digits for better analysis. What do u think?
Nah! It's useless.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Philosophy Students by TrumpDonald(m): 2:26pm On Apr 20, 2016
I think its high time we begin to make Philosophy very relevant in the society. Ruminating over the opinions of past philosophers all for intellectual purpose is one of the reasons why Philosophy is losing its value in the world.

Take it or leave it, the world is changing. There are new developments both positive and negative and they both tend to create or carry a problem along with them. All the world is looking for are SOLUTIONS and until Philosophers, who are the thinkers, rise up to this challenge, then they continue to prove their critics right.

I see Philosophy as problem solving and i want every philosopher to see that too. Let us make it our main aim. Let us begin to think out solutions to the world problems...Its high time we begin to make an impact again.
Re: Nairaland Philosophy Students by damosky12(m): 2:51pm On Apr 20, 2016
SaintHephzibah:
hmmm nice one and nice signature you got there
Thank You. Jesus is the Lord of the signature.
Re: Nairaland Philosophy Students by damosky12(m): 3:13pm On Apr 20, 2016
The job challenges in Nigeria are more philosophical than they are practical. If only as logical and ontological problem solvers they are, the philosophy graduates begin to capitalize on their peculiar but astounding rational prowess to begin making attempts at rectifying these challenges maybe through education, motivation or practically inventing something new, then the larger percent of graduates from other fields out there can see that tetiary education is not acquired to serve as a modern day houseboy but to lead. Take the cue from Plato's dictum; "the society will know no justice until the philosopher is king". Take Your Place Philosophers.
Re: Nairaland Philosophy Students by khing00600: 3:36pm On Apr 20, 2016
Fynestboi:

Sapaly.... wink

New on Nairaland though, hope am posting in the right section smiley grin

Ekiti State University
Philosophy Department
Re: Nairaland Philosophy Students by Oluwacolded: 3:48pm On Apr 20, 2016
Adebowale89:
Awww...nice

am a graduate of philosophy, Eksu (we liberate the mind thru reasoning, because our thinking&reasoning are d product of our thought)

i got some qsts ve been philosophizing on, all dis while. One is on phenominology&existentialism, basically on death and second is on social political philosophy

1. What's the essence of man coming to this earth when latter on he will still die?

2. John lock propound a political theory which, USA influenced in their constitution. The theory is Egalitarianism''. I just want to ask the relationship btw egalitarianism dispostion and democratic teaches?
Man do not die but they transmigrate. There is nothing like purpose in the universe. The world itself came randomly or by chance. God did not create the universe and as such as no knowledge about it. Man is the only being that exist has opined by martin Heidegger meaning it is only man that can make meaning out of meaningnessless. Your fore fathers soul is still alive. The Africans are truly philosophers because they believe in this authentic philosophy about life, they believe in ancestors.
Re: Nairaland Philosophy Students by Nobody: 4:19pm On Apr 20, 2016
How did I miss a thread like this?
Re: Nairaland Philosophy Students by seanwilliam(m): 4:34pm On Apr 20, 2016
Fynestboi:

Premise
m a philosophy aspirant, wats d job prospect 4 it?
Re: Nairaland Philosophy Students by Immality(m): 5:03pm On Apr 20, 2016
Also a philosophy aspirant Imo State University.... What do I need to know.. Everything about the course.. The job opportunity....
Re: Nairaland Philosophy Students by IYIMAN: 5:56pm On Apr 20, 2016
Oliviaarims:
How did I miss a tyhread like this?

Wondering too, been looking out for your contribution
Re: Nairaland Philosophy Students by akindele487(m): 6:02pm On Apr 20, 2016
oau philosophy wit class
Re: Nairaland Philosophy Students by olarhtunji(m): 6:15pm On Apr 20, 2016
did philosophy in my Gns301(philosophy and logic) and I tell you I hate d course with passion..... the dates are too much the laws and everything I hate it all am a science student

I commend you all studying d course. you. guys are trying!!!
Re: Nairaland Philosophy Students by Fynestboi: 7:31pm On Apr 20, 2016
khing00600:

New on Nairaland though, hope am posting in the right section smiley grin

Ekiti State University
Philosophy Department

Wow welcome.
Re: Nairaland Philosophy Students by Fynestboi: 7:37pm On Apr 20, 2016
MrcuteOscar:
I rep Imo state university,owerri. We can form a forum via Whatsapp by dropping our digits for better analysis. What do u think? Mine-0703951992.

Nice one we have one already...
Re: Nairaland Philosophy Students by Fynestboi: 7:41pm On Apr 20, 2016
donifez:
I am not a philosophy student but i love "love of wisdom", I hope am welcome?

You are welcome.
Re: Nairaland Philosophy Students by Fynestboi: 7:42pm On Apr 20, 2016
Akinife03:
#Aaua. Proudly a Philosopher...

Welcome bro.
Re: Nairaland Philosophy Students by Fynestboi: 7:53pm On Apr 20, 2016
jaybee3:

What's the point in manufacturing food that has an expiry date?

What's the point in exerting all your energy and love on something that isn't guaranteed?

What's the point in setting and chasing goals when success has a personal definition?

The commonality in all the examples is encapsulated with the single word "purpose" and the purpose is a pre-determined phenom which humans usually aspire to serve.

We know planet earth was an empty spheroid and majority of past greats were able to leave lasting legacies that we now build advancement and subsequent innovations upon.

I know it's gibberish fynestboi but what's with all these philosophical questions mehn....

Oga mi.

Hmmmmm. With the above religion will argue that, such point to the fact that there is a supreme being somewhere, that is above such limitations. And then we Philosophy students will argue that, then such Supreme being must be cruel to put such limitation in Man's endeavor, it goes on and on.

All this are just to sharpen the level at which we reason, we tend to answer questions that subjectively we know is unquestionable, but for the sake of knowledge we tend to make it objective.

Lol cheesy. A times the questions asked may look silly, but mehn we have no choice than to profer means to answer not conclusively, but to some reasonable extent.

Lol.
Re: Nairaland Philosophy Students by Fynestboi: 7:56pm On Apr 20, 2016
MrcuteOscar:

Its not showing you on my list.
Re: Nairaland Philosophy Students by Fynestboi: 8:00pm On Apr 20, 2016
What questions are we trashing..
Re: Nairaland Philosophy Students by adelawn: 8:16pm On Apr 20, 2016
Philosophy is a course that won't strait jacket u,as a graduate of philosophy u can be a media person, a psycotherapist,u can delve into teaching and u can work in any intelligent unit of any firm or HR department
Re: Nairaland Philosophy Students by Nobody: 9:20pm On Apr 20, 2016
IYIMAN:

Wondering too, been looking out for your contribution

Haven't been visiting Nairaland as often. A friend actually told me about the thread and I asked for the link.
Re: Nairaland Philosophy Students by Fynestboi: 8:05am On Apr 21, 2016
Brand new day..
Re: Nairaland Philosophy Students by Nobody: 9:54am On Apr 21, 2016
calliope:
cant comprehend your grammer embarassed
Repeat your previous statement.
Re: Nairaland Philosophy Students by Fynestboi: 11:41am On Apr 21, 2016
Oliviaarims:

Haven't been visiting Nairaland as often. A friend actually told me about the thread and I asked for the link.

What's the name of your school?
Re: Nairaland Philosophy Students by Oluwacolded: 11:45am On Apr 21, 2016
Fynestboi:
What questions are we trashing..
Should metaphysics be eliminated from philosophy?
Re: Nairaland Philosophy Students by Fynestboi: 12:05pm On Apr 21, 2016
Oluwacolded:
Should metaphysics be eliminated from philosophy?

The elimination of Metaphysics will straight jack the business of Philosophy, as metaphysics is a branch of Philosophy that open our knowledge to abstract things, it gives us the Avenue to question some basic assumptions of life.

P1: Philosophy is a critical inquiry into the Nature of things, and by nature of things it implies probing things beyond the way they appear to be, including abstract concept..

P2: Metaphysics a branch of Philosophy, deals with the first principles of things, and critical analysis of Such abstract concept.

P3: Elimination of Metaphysics FROM Philosophy will restrict Philosophy to Epistemology, Ethics, Logic and other branches, which will implies that The study of abstract concept will be relegated.

P4: Therefore Metaphysics should not be eliminated.

In other way round I will argue thus.

1. There is no way, you will want to study epistemic claim without Metaphysics.

2.Elimination of Metaphysics will directly have an effect on Epistemology.

3. So.

However, though it may argued that, knowledge derived from metaphysics cannot be verified empirically, but I put it to you that Philosophy business is more than just empirical verification.
Re: Nairaland Philosophy Students by Oluwacolded: 1:18pm On Apr 21, 2016
A Review Of A J AYER Elimination Of Metaphysics(by Toba Adekolure aka Theocracy)

I personally will support the motion that Metaphysics should be Eliminated from Philosophy.

Having read the book of A.J AYER titled Language,truth and logic i will succumb to his view concerning the elimination of metaphysics. Philosophy lost his priority when philosophers thought that metaphysics should be one of the branches of philosophy. Three points to consider here is that

1. For Philosophers to engage in discourse about a non empirical world of value is unwarranted because such world can not be proven empirically and also in common sense.

2. For Philosophers to argue that the human soul is immortal or immaterial then philosophy has engaged in a fruitless activity.

3. For Philosophers to talk about a transcendent Being or a supreme Being then philosophy has derailed.

All these above are the activities engaged in by the metaphysicians. Metaphysicians claim to know reality beyond the physical. How is that possible? this claim can not be proven empirically and as such the statement of knowing reality beyond the physical is a pseudo statement. Metaphysicians statements are literally insignificant. According to A J AYER, a statement is significant only if and only if we know how to verify such proposition and under which condition could such proposition be adjudged to be either true or false. Metaphysicians statements are void of these two characteristics as mentioned by Ayer. Metaphysicians statements can neither be verified nor adjudged to be true or false. The point of concern for Ayer is that when we have statements that does not limit itself to this criteria of verifiability such statement should be assumed to be a metaphysical statement and as such it should avoided. Ayer went further to distinguish between two types of senses of verifiability, namely weak verifiability and strong verifiability. A proposition is said to have a strong sense of verifiability if the truth of such proposition is conclusively established in experience e.g All bachelors are unmarried. In the other hand a statement or proposition is said to have a weak sense of verifiability if the truth of a proposition is being rendered probable in experience, for instance if I say it rained yesterday we can not turn back the length of time to verify this empirically and so we can't render such proposition to be false because the truth of d statement is probable in nature. Ayer opines that the strong sense of verifiability will be extremely much to tackle or antagonize the metaphyscians propositions while he opt in for the weak sense of verifiability and it becomes amazing that all metaphysical statements are devoid of these senses of verifiability. Ayer concluded in his work that all metaphysical statements are nonsensical in nature because they don't contain factual content that is not open to empirical inquiry or investigation and they are not A priori o tautological in nature.

This work is written by Toba Adekolure(Theocracy) a student of Kogi state university.

strictly based on my lecturer's teaching in the classroom

let discuss philosophy 08139018012
Re: Nairaland Philosophy Students by chiboc1: 3:07pm On Apr 21, 2016
"Let the known be the unknown,
and the unknown--the known.
For the future to be known,
let no unknown be known"

I'd advice the great philosophers in the house to wear their thinking cap and provide a sensible rationale to the above aphorism.

Let begin!
Re: Nairaland Philosophy Students by Toyolad(m): 5:07pm On Apr 21, 2016
Oluwacolded:
Man do not die but they transmigrate. There is nothing like purpose in the universe. The world itself came randomly or by chance. God did not create the universe and as such as no knowledge about it. Man is the only being that exist has opined by martin Heidegger meaning it is only man that can make meaning out of meaningnessless. Your fore fathers soul is still alive. The Africans are truly philosophers because they believe in this authentic philosophy about life, they believe in ancestors.

Transmigrate to where?

You mean my forefathers' souls are still alive, please tell me where they are and how to communicate with them....in fact, how do you know sef....
it won't be nice to pass up the chance to ask them some questions o..
Re: Nairaland Philosophy Students by Toyolad(m): 5:11pm On Apr 21, 2016
chiboc1:
"Let the known be the unknown,
and the unknown--the known.
For the future to be known,
let no unknown be known"

I'd advice the great philosophers in the house to wear their thinking cap and provide a sensible rationale to the above aphorism.

Let begin!

.....Let's hold every position tentatively and constantly subject our views and positions to critical analysis.

waiting for my ogas tho

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Serious Protest In UNIJOS Over Percieved Increase Of Fees / Police Teargas, Shoot & Chase LAUTECH Students Protesting 7 Months Strike / Majority Of University Of Ibadan Lecturers Voted For Indefinite Strike - UI VC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.