Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,077 members, 7,807,221 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:15 AM

President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira (27367 Views)

Need A Facial Recognition Software For Attendance Written In Python Or Java. Fo / . / Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by chuks87(m): 5:15pm On Jul 20, 2015
interesting.... Seun for Minister of Info Tech and Youth Development.
Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by danvery2k6(m): 5:20pm On Jul 20, 2015
tgmservice:
Is he just lookin 4 a bait to do his dirty laundry for him. See all dis wannabe programmers claiming gurus, if u hav really done something with all the programming u have learnt u won't be fighting 4 50,000 am sure u will just start googling around for codes to copy

If you don't have something nice to say, it's better to remain silent and keep your self respect.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by FincoApps(m): 5:22pm On Jul 20, 2015
There's nothing wrong with not knowing how something works. That's why there are things like research and public apis smiley
kpodosky:
and the reason you will be poor is you don't ask questions,you just work.( quintessential working donkey) I will bet you $10 you don't know how a voice recognition program work. Let us test one of the best out in the market,please borrow a friend's IPhone and try to get SIRI response to 10 sentence s then do the maths.
Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by herald9: 6:04pm On Jul 20, 2015
Jregz you can't miss this...
Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by sisqology(m): 6:51pm On Jul 20, 2015
Jesu
Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by Tolzeal(m): 7:05pm On Jul 20, 2015
zyzxx:
tolzeal can u try?

Bro lemme reason m oo
Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jul 20, 2015
sisqology:
Jesu
Na wetin dey cause fight be that o - money - boys eyes don dey chook!
Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by Tolzeal(m): 7:50pm On Jul 20, 2015
dhtml18:

Na wetin dey cause fight be that o - money - boys eyes don dey chook!

Any show for this contest from you ?
Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jul 20, 2015
Tolzeal:

Any show for this contest from you ?
My hands are too tied. . . .even if i was free, this looks like something that will really take time - scary!

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by Tolzeal(m): 8:28pm On Jul 20, 2015
dhtml18:

My hands are too tied. . . .even if i was free, this looks like something that will really take time - scary!

Lol. okay bro
Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by xxlbnero: 12:37am On Jul 21, 2015
Seun:
As a sequel to the signature contest, here's a more challenging contest for programmers who are true computer scientists:

Write a program that will read a sound recording (mp3 format) containing at least 10 seconds of a Nigerian politician talking, and then print "Yes" to the console if the person speaking in the sound recording is President Buhari, and "No" if the person speaking is not President Buhari.

You can use any common programming language that runs on Windows 7/8/10. Use only open source libraries that I can compile on Windows.

The prize is 50,000 naira and I will award it to the first contestant whose code achieves a high level of accuracy (~90%).

Good luck!

Nice concept .. but there should be a way for the public to download and test .exe code themselves. Maybe setting up a website for this purpose will do some good. Anyways, my schedule's kinda tyte ... would have given it a try !!!

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by Nobody: 1:14am On Jul 21, 2015
To the person that mention me in this topic
Am so sorry I can't participate coz
1.I haven't done vr but I happend to know that vr libraries or software are good only in detecting phrase not particular voice

2. I have a lot of project now if u have notice I hardly comes online this days 2 web project,update and porting to linux and a pc software maybe if I had a little time I will see what I can do

Pls to the. Forum creator I don't think this is a way to inspire new and pro programmer
To make it more interesting
Give us a specific os and library maybe then I will find it more challenging

Thaks
Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by Nobody: 4:52am On Jul 21, 2015
herald9:
Jregz you can't miss this...
been offline for some days.........I can't do this, haven't looked into something like this before
Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by Nobody: 4:58am On Jul 21, 2015
Craigston:
I can't do anything this is way bigger than me (at least for now)
Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by herald9: 7:26am On Jul 21, 2015
Jregz:

been offline for some days.........I can't do this, haven't looked into something like this before
Cool Bro. Your honesty is brutal. Wish you success in your specialization.
Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by blueyedgeek(m): 7:52am On Jul 21, 2015
Craigston:

Please don't be a troll. Whether they copy codes or not, they'll have to tailor it to this problem. And the organizer can create a check for that by requiring an in-depth explanation of the logics used.
Whatever be the case, the competitors will learn something (new or not), whether it be how the already existing, copied program works or the technicalities involved in creating one themselves.
Moreover, it's not about the money: it's the spirit that drives us.
I wish I could attempt this. I'm yet a beginner in web development but I'll grow fast and continuously.
Thanks Seun; you've just given me more encouragement.
Dhtml18, cbrass, jregs, dwebdesign, kodejuice, fincoapps, thewebcraft, charleen94, gearcoin, cbtgeek, blueyedgeek, directonpc, bowofolu, subset; do something na.
Bro, this one wey u mention me with all those people so, you must think me a guru of some sorts when in reality I'm in the same shoes as you. Really started Javascript November of 2014 and started with HTML and CSS March of 2014 all last year. While my progress has been meteoric (I like meteor.js and I just wanted to use that word in a sentence), I still am not an expert yet, I'm merely just an advanced beginner. Wish oga Seun would give challenges better suited for the up and coming (I might start something like this sef for people like us)

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by Nobody: 7:54am On Jul 21, 2015
I have officially pulled out. . . .sorry guys but my skills are needed elsewhere.
Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by RobinHez(m): 7:57am On Jul 21, 2015
Its a lie jhor...all of dem are complaining so that Seun will double the price like he did previously...

#badguys grin
Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by Nobody: 8:15am On Jul 21, 2015
dhtml18:
I have officially pulled out. . . .sorry guys but my skills are needed elsewhere.
RobinHez:
Its a lie jhor...all of dem are complaining so that Seun will double the price like he did previously...
#badguys grin
But if (or when) the price doubles (or tripples as the case may be). . . . .I can change my mind and prove to seun once-and-for-all that I am a programmer worth my salt!
Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by sisqology(m): 8:22am On Jul 21, 2015
dhtml18:

No fear na! lol...... na so we no go chop this money like this?

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by jacob05(m): 9:05am On Jul 21, 2015
Hmmm... Everyone pulling out... I'm IN... grin

LOVE challenges like this jare... Even if I don't take the prize, at least l' d learn something....

Getting hands and brain dirty..
Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by Nobody: 9:14am On Jul 21, 2015
^^^that is the man!
Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by nollyj: 9:23am On Jul 21, 2015
Nothing to be afraid of. The most important thing for being part of the challenge is what you will learn at the end of the day.
Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by Nobody: 9:33am On Jul 21, 2015
Have any one noticed that with python and google api it a simple task

Record baba b voice make it the modeler
Now when u supply ur recorded mp3 is the phone match it will print yes

Hint: I believe our presido had some phrase he always says so go and listen to his interview best of lucky the winner
Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by Nobody: 10:55am On Jul 21, 2015
^^^Oya do it sharperly now. . .

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by thewebcraft(m): 10:57am On Jul 21, 2015
Seun:
As a sequel to the signature contest, here's a more challenging contest for programmers who are true computer scientists:

Write a program that will read a sound recording (mp3 format) containing at least 10 seconds of a Nigerian politician talking, and then print "Yes" to the console if the person speaking in the sound recording is President Buhari, and "No" if the person speaking is not President Buhari.

You can use any common programming language that runs on Windows 7/8/10. Use only open source libraries that I can compile on Windows.

The prize is 50,000 naira and I will award it to the first contestant whose code achieves a high level of accuracy (~90%).

Good luck!
Seun the money is too small.....

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by thewebcraft(m): 10:58am On Jul 21, 2015
dhtml18:
Boss cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy are you scared?

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by nollyj: 11:02am On Jul 21, 2015
cbtgeek:
Have any one noticed that with python and google api it a simple task

Record baba b voice make it the modeler
Now when u supply ur recorded mp3 is the phone match it will print yes

Hint: I believe our presido had some phrase he always says so go and listen to his interview best of lucky the winner

I think Seun is looking for an offline app. Google API requires an authentication Key and it might be paid for based on number of request (basicall not open sourced).
Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by matrix4u(m): 12:20pm On Jul 21, 2015
Seun:

Good luck!

Am on Linux... Can I join??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? / Best Uni For Bsc. Computer Science In Nigeria / Programming Learning Challenge June.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.