Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,268 members, 7,807,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:24 PM

President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira - Programming (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira (27368 Views)

Need A Facial Recognition Software For Attendance Written In Python Or Java. Fo / . / Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by Nobody: 6:01am On Aug 26, 2015
MuhammaduBuhari:

Why you come dey book illegal space?
am not part of those that used to do that that. I re- edited it like that since it was double post earlier.
Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by Nobody: 8:53am On Aug 26, 2015
gearcoin:

your moral deficient is magnimus for people to see.
I cant blame you.it is because you did not know the weight of that work. so 200k is much in your notion.
Okay, mister efficient moral magnus, how many kilograms the work weigh? and how much are you charging per kilogram?

gearcoin:

am not part of those that used to do that that. I re- edited it like that since it was double post earlier.
Adonbilivit
Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by Stconvict(m): 2:02pm On Aug 26, 2015
gearcoin:

what did I steal in your house ?
please learn how to talk to people.
Leave the guy, he no sabi pass web development and trolling.
He doesn't know how mountainous the learning curve for this task is.
**RI**
Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by Stconvict(m): 2:02pm On Aug 26, 2015
Teempakguy:
Na wa o
Because of this thread, I started learning how to program.
I even just designed my first hello world program in java yesterday.
At this rate, in six months, I will supply my solution. cry
Six months?! Say 2 years bro.
Java is not all you need to learn for this burdensome task.
Abeg Seun, increase the money sharpaly!
Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by Nobody: 3:15pm On Aug 26, 2015
Stconvict:

Leave the guy, he no sabi pass web development and trolling.
He doesn't know how mountainous the learning curve for this task is.
**RI**
Thanks jare ! that guy is a truely learner.

I will never waste my precious time wt him.
Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by Nobody: 4:11pm On Aug 26, 2015
You guys just dey fumble, just admit that you cannot do the task!
Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by Nobody: 4:15pm On Aug 26, 2015
Stconvict:

Six months?! Say 2 years bro.
Java is not all you need to learn for this burdensome task.
Abeg Seun, increase the money sharpaly!
Oho, you think he is olodo like you abi?
Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by Stconvict(m): 4:24pm On Aug 26, 2015
MuhammaduBuhari:
You guys just dey fumble, just admit that you cannot do the task!
What's the beef bro! undecided
If you know everybody is olodo, then why do you keep coming back to this thread for a result?
SMH. You are not even good in what you do best.Trolling at its infancy. SMH again. sad
**RI**

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 26, 2015
Stconvict:

What's the beef bro! undecided
If you know everybody is olodo, then why do you keep coming back to this thread for a result?
SMH. You are not even good in what you do best.Trolling at its infancy. SMH again. sad
**RI**
I dont know everybody is olodo or i would have closed the thread.
- troll
Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by Nobody: 7:25am On Aug 29, 2015
is this contest still on, and if so i got something
Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by Nobody: 7:30am On Aug 29, 2015
ok

Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by jacob05(m): 7:36am On Aug 29, 2015
Akosa007:
is this contest still on, and if so i got something
It's still on.. undecided undecided
Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by slightlyMad(f): 8:54am On Aug 29, 2015
50k, cheap a55 money that can't even buy a decent laptop

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by Elxandre(m): 9:24am On Aug 29, 2015
slightlyMad:
50k, cheap a55 money that can't even buy a decent laptop
Are you a programmer? smiley
Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by engprodigy: 9:32pm On Sep 02, 2015
is this contest still on @ seun

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by engprodigy: 9:34pm On Sep 02, 2015
is this contest still on @seun
Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by RealAdewole(m): 1:34am On Sep 27, 2015
Seun:
As a sequel to the signature contest, here's a more challenging contest for programmers who are true computer scientists:

Write a program that will read a sound recording (mp3 format) containing at least 10 seconds of a Nigerian politician talking, and then print "Yes" to the console if the person speaking in the sound recording is President Buhari, and "No" if the person speaking is not President Buhari.

You can use any common programming language that runs on Windows 7/8/10. Use only open source libraries that I can compile on Windows.

The prize is 50,000 naira and I will award it to the first contestant whose code achieves a high level of accuracy (~90%).

Good luck!
just saying. how could i be a programmer when i just got my first smartphone last year where i av never gptten ma very own pc
Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by Nobody: 5:08pm On Sep 30, 2015
cry its a pity i saw this late.....well i have something
Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by Nobody: 5:41pm On Sep 30, 2015
After long hours of searching, the only free open source library i could find on speaker recognition is MARF - Modular Audio Recognition Framework (MARF) is an open-source research platform and a collection of voice, sound, speech, text and natural language processing (NLP) algorithms written in Java and arranged into a modular and extensible framework that attempts to facilitate addition of new algorithms. MARF may act as a library in applications or be used as a source for learning and extension.
Also i used the javazoom library which converts mp3 files to wav files then using the javax sound library to change the properties of the wav file produced to suite the requirement of the MARF library

HOW THE PROGRAM WORKS
1. firstly application must be run in administrator mode
2. User clicks on the music icon to select an mp3 file of buhari recording, the program converts the mp3 file to wav format and changes its properties to
• Sample Rate: 8000 Hz
• Audio Sample Size: 16 bit
• Channels: 1 (mono)
• Duration: from about 7 to 20 seconds
3.using The Fast Fourier Transform (FFT) algorithm (Essentially the FFT is an optimized version of the Discrete Fourier Transform. It takes a window of size 2k and returns a complex array of coefficients for the corresponding frequency curve.) which is provided by the MARF library, the converted wav file is proccessed to get a wavegraph which is then compared to pre-stored wav files containing buhari's voice the algorithm used is the Diff Distance algorithm again provided by the MARF library

The essence of the diff distance is to count how one input vector is different from the other in terms of elements correspondence. If the Chebyshev distance between the two corresponding elements is greater than some error e, then this distance is accounted for plus some additional distance penalty p is added. Both factors e and p can vary depending on desired configuration. If the two elements are equal or pretty close (the difference is less than e) then a small “bonus” of e is subtracted from the distance.
4. if the distance is large then its not buhari's voice but if its small then its buhari's voice.

Out of the 18 samples i tried 2 gave false result giving an accuracy of 88% which i believe is approx 90%
The link to the file is
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9kn5Ke18yU7endxZTN2U2cydlE

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by birdman(m): 12:04pm On Oct 01, 2015
ovoSoftware:

well done!
Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by Nobody: 12:26pm On Oct 01, 2015
kudos ovosoftware
Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by usmanktg2(m): 10:56am On Oct 04, 2015
Seun, is the contest still on?

As a final year student in Electrical Engineering, Did something close to this using Intel Galileo. This should be a work over for me in Java/VB... grin
Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by birdman(m): 4:03am On Oct 05, 2015
usmanktg2:
Seun, is the contest still on?

As a final year student in Electrical Engineering, Did something close to this using Intel Galileo. This should be a work over for me in Java/VB... grin

id do it regardless. your fame will spread all over nairaland grin
Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by Seun(m): 7:33am On Oct 05, 2015
I have been busy. So sorry guys. I need to check out the latest entries.
Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by Nobody: 1:14pm On Oct 12, 2015
i hope this doesn't put me in trouble cheesy

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by SupremeDimeji(m): 7:27pm On Oct 12, 2015
So is this contest over?? undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? / Best Uni For Bsc. Computer Science In Nigeria / Programming Learning Challenge June.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.