Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:56 AM

The Most Accomplished Nigerian Expatriate In South Africa Unveiled - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Most Accomplished Nigerian Expatriate In South Africa Unveiled (2091 Views)

Kemi Adeosun Ties With Awolowo As 4rd Most Accomplished Yoruba / See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria / In Less Than A Month, Buhari Has Done More Than What GEJ Accomplished In 3yrs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Most Accomplished Nigerian Expatriate In South Africa Unveiled by FSU: 4:37pm On Jul 20, 2015
Nigerians in South Africa are either crooked hustlers or good folks doing buying and selling, studying or teaching.

As far as I know the man below is arguably the most accomplished Nigerian in SA

Prof Linus Opara

Prof Linus Opara Prof Opara holds the South African Research Chair in Postharvest Technology in the Department of Horticultural Science. His research interests focus on cold-chain (packaging, storage) and non-invasive technologies for fresh produce quality maintenance and measurement. A graduate of agricultural engineering from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka (BEng and MEng, 1st Class Honours) and Massey University, New Zealand (PhD), he is a Chartered Engineer (UK), founding Editor-in-Chief of the International Journal of Postharvest Technology and Innovation (www.inderscience.com/ijpti), Chair of Section VI (Postharvest Technology & Process Engineering) of the International Commission of Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering (www.cigr.org), and Vice Chair of the Roots & Tuber Section of the International Society for Horticultural Science (www.ishs.org). He is a member of several national and international scientific societies.

Prior to his current appointment, he held several academic and management positions at universities in New Zealand and the Sultanate of Oman. At Massey University, he was a founding member of the Centre for Postharvest & Refrigeration Research (1995-2002), Senior Lecturer in Postharvest Engineering, Programme Director for Engineering Technology in the Institute of Technology & Engineering, College of Science, Coordinator of the Agricultural Engineering programme, Coordinator of the BApplSc (General) programme, and served as elected member of the Massey University Governing Council (1993-1997), University Academic Board (Senate) (1992-1997), Council Committee for the appointment of new Vice Chancellor (1994-1995), the Inter-Ethnic Research Committee (1992-1996) and other policy and governance bodies.

At Sultan Qaboos University in the Sultanate of Oman, Prof Opara held the positions of Director of the Agricultural Experiment Station, Associate Professor of Agricultural Engineering and Assistant Dean for Postgraduate Studies & Research. He developed a new research programme and teaching in postharvest technology and led a Strategic Research Project on Postharvest Technology of Fresh Produce. In 2006 he received the university's Distinguished Researcher Award. He also served in several university and national policy and advisory committees including the university's Academic Council (Senate), Liaison Committee between the University and the Ministry of Agriculture & Fisheries Wealth, member of the University Quality Audit Committee, and member of the Quality Audit Panel of the Oman Accreditation Council.

In addition to his research and teaching activities, Prof Opara has participated in several international development projects on agricultural engineering and postharvest technology. He was a Visiting Expert on Postharvest Technology at the headquarters of the Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) of the United Nations in Rome (2000-2001), Agricultural Mechanisation Expert in Iraq under the FAO/UN Oil-for-Food Programme (2001-2002), FAO Expert Panel on Microbial Safety of Green Leafy Vegetables, FAO Expert on Postharvest & Marketing Systems and member of the Panel on Agricultural Development Strategy in Timor-Leste. He has developed and implemented in-country competency-based training projects on postharvest technology and quality management in several countries in the South Pacific, South East Asia, China, the Middle East and Africa.
http://www0.sun.ac.za/postharvest/staffadmin.php?personname=office

http://www.myvirtualpaper.com/doc/stellenbosch-University/research-2013/2014060201/10.html#10

http://www.ishs.org/ishs-member/15309

5 Likes

Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Expatriate In South Africa Unveiled by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 20, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Expatriate In South Africa Unveiled by FSU: 5:00pm On Jul 20, 2015
These I-people sef wink wink wink

2 Likes

Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Expatriate In South Africa Unveiled by Tkester: 5:17pm On Jul 20, 2015
Ibos' leading in all aspect of human devt, and making this sink hole of a country proud.

3 Likes

Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Expatriate In South Africa Unveiled by Blackfire(m): 6:08pm On Jul 20, 2015
Watch as this beautiful thread goes to the dogs of irredemable rascals.

Yorubas and igbos, u are the curse and blessings of this nation.

Since u dont know this the abo.kis up north will use our empty heads to play ping pong.

Princes behaving like slaves,while outsiders rule his kingdom.

Awon were arindin.
Ndi ara.

1 Like

Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Expatriate In South Africa Unveiled by FSU: 7:11pm On Jul 20, 2015
Blackfire:

Since u dont know this the abo.kis up north will use our empty heads to play ping pong.

Awon were arindin.
Ndi ara.
lol
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Expatriate In South Africa Unveiled by londoner: 7:16pm On Jul 20, 2015
Op how can this be the case? All Igbo's in SA are drug dealers aren't they? You see how this thread will be empty because this man is not bringing shame to Igbo's because that is the only news about Igbo's in SA that many on NL want to hear.

This man has done himself, Igbo's and Nigeria proud.

1 Like

Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Expatriate In South Africa Unveiled by FSU: 7:23pm On Jul 20, 2015
londoner:
Op how can this be the case? All Igbo's in SA are drug dealers aren't they? You see how this thread will be empty because this man is not bringing shame to Igbo's because that is the only news about Igbo's in SA that many on NL want to hear.

This man has done himself, Igbo's and Nigeria proud.

Means those who think so do not know about Igbos in SA. Most are accomplished professionals. There are also a lot of bad eggs of course.
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Expatriate In South Africa Unveiled by kettykin: 7:24pm On Jul 20, 2015
Blackfire:

Awon were arindin.
Ndi ara.

The problem is that igbos are eve ready to leave the country for them

1 Like

Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Expatriate In South Africa Unveiled by Demmocrats(m): 7:25pm On Jul 20, 2015
I know it will be IBO, those guys rock
www.
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Expatriate In South Africa Unveiled by kettykin: 7:28pm On Jul 20, 2015
If there is no disruption in the path of growth of igbos for the next 50 years and if igbos continue at the pace of hard work and perseverance, the igbo nation would rate with first world countries in all human endeavour and in business, sports, academics, entertainment igbos would likely rule and compete with the Jews, germans, Japanese etc.

That is the more reason I don't support a break up but a gradual dissociation.

1 Like

Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Expatriate In South Africa Unveiled by FSU: 7:33pm On Jul 20, 2015
kettykin:
If there is no disruption in the path of growth of igbos for the next 50 years and if igbos continue at the pace of hard work and perseverance, the igbo nation would rate with first world countries in all human endeavour and in business, sports, academics, entertainment igbos would likely rule and compete with the Jews, germans, Japanese etc.

That is the more reason I don't support a break up but a gradual dissociation.

I agree. Igbos need to be a little bit more patient about Nigeria. The patient dogs eats the fattest bone. Igbos will eventual reap Nigeria, especially when the oil wells dry up. The prayer of EVERY Igbo MAN NOW SHOULD BE THAT THE OIL DRIES UP SOONER THAN LATER, SO THAT THE TRUE PERSONAL/COLLECTIVE GOALS OF EACH NIGERIAN/GROUP BECOME CLEAR. MANY NIGERIANS HAVE APPARENTLY BEEN HIDING THEIR EMPTINESS UNDER THE CLOAK OF OIL.

1 Like

Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Expatriate In South Africa Unveiled by mrvitalis(m): 7:37pm On Jul 20, 2015
UNN... always representing
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Expatriate In South Africa Unveiled by Babatundetinubu: 7:39pm On Jul 20, 2015
FSU:

I agree. Igbos need to be a little bit more patient about Nigeria. The patient dogs eats the fattest bone. Igbos will eventual reap Nigeria, especially when the oil wells dry up. The prayer of EVERY Igbo MAN NOW SHOULD BE THAT THE OIL DRIES UP SOONER THAN LATER, SO THAT THE TRUE PERSONAL/COLLECTIVE GOALS OF EACH NIGERIAN/GROUP BECOME CLEAR. MANY NIGERIANS HAVE APPARENTLY BEEN HIDING THEIR EMPTINESS UNDER THE CLOAK OF OIL.

Another dreamer..... cheesy..NL can see the sort of animals the Nigerians have in their midst.......their stated long term plan is to devour us..... cheesy....I suppose we will all be sleeping when this happens.......awon oloriburuku gbo gbo...... cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Expatriate In South Africa Unveiled by FSU: 7:52pm On Jul 20, 2015
Babatundetinubu:

Another dreamer..... cheesy..NL can see the sort of animals the Nigerians have in their midst.......their stated long term plan is to devour us..... cheesy....I suppose we will all be sleeping when this happens.......awon oloriburuku gbo gbo...... cheesy

The oil needs to dry up. It has been more of a curse than a blessing. Personally I have not gained one kobo from the oil (in cash or developmental programs) and there are 10s of millions like me from all ethnic groups. Why then do I have to wish that the oil continues to flow for the corrupt folks, which it seems you are one of, to continue to milk the nation dry?

Hey! There are many countries without oil and many of those are better than Nigeria, by far. True or false?
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Expatriate In South Africa Unveiled by Blackfire(m): 8:25pm On Jul 20, 2015
kettykin:

The problem is that igbos are eve ready to leave the country for them

what happens to your brothers investments? What is the plan for the returnee.. Dont tell me main market,ochanja,bridge head will contain them. The housing,,,,, where is the already seaport,..??
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Expatriate In South Africa Unveiled by FSU: 8:27pm On Jul 20, 2015
Blackfire:

what happens to your brothers investments? What is the plan for the returnee.. Dont tell me main market,ochanja,bridge head will contain them. The housing,,,,, where is the already seaport,..??

Those are the reasons I think Igbos clamoring for Biafra should be patient. I am an Igbo to the core but I will not be in a haste for Biafra.
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Expatriate In South Africa Unveiled by FSU: 8:29pm On Jul 20, 2015
Okay!! Enough of Biafra on this thread. Let's celebrate this guy, the title of the thread. There is a time and place for ''Biafra''
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Expatriate In South Africa Unveiled by yang(m): 8:31pm On Jul 20, 2015
when you see this kind of thing, you realize that the zoo is a damnation.

Biafrans are all over the world and their dreams are coming true
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Expatriate In South Africa Unveiled by Blackfire(m): 10:06pm On Jul 20, 2015
FSU:

Those are the reasons I think Igbos clamoring for Biafra should be patient. I am an Igbo to the core but I will not be in a haste for Biafra.

to get a country is very easy, but to keep/sustaining the country is the kokoma.
Focus on the wedding day and watch your marriage goes into shamble.

1 Like

Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Expatriate In South Africa Unveiled by FSU: 12:21pm On Jul 21, 2015
Blackfire:

to get a country is very easy, but to keep/sustaining the country is the kokoma.
Focus on the wedding day and watch your marriage goes into shamble.

True and goes for every country, including Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

The Biafran Truth And The Illegal Trial Of Nnamdi Kanu By Remi Oyeyemi / Photo: Ben Bruce Shades VP Osinbajo Over 3 Million Jobs They Promised Nigerians / A Serious Government Will Fix Power Problem In Six Months - Fashola 12/11/2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.