Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:48 AM

Why You Must Invest - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Why You Must Invest (1024 Views)

How To Know A Fake Ponzi Scheme If You Must Invest / Why Nigeria Must Invest Heavily In The Forest Sector — Stakeholders / Reason Why Nigerians Must Invest More This Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Must Invest by Dafone(m): 9:56pm On Jul 20, 2015
WHY YOU MUST INVEST
1. The emergent and compelling trend in the Nigerian economy, and indeed the world suggests that single income has become dangerous.
2. Lack of job security: downsizing the workforce has become a common parlance in our society today. Besides, many companies are folding up in our country and around the globe. Privatization policy is also causing a lot of job insecurity. Automation has not helped matters. One machine does the work a thousand people would do. The wise man makes hay while the sun shines.
3. Insufficient income to face tomorrow’s challenges: the price of everything goes up from time to time. if your income is stagnant; you cannot meet up with the challenges. Only the rain and naira comes down. The rest goes up.
4. Declining job opportunities: every job opportunity available today has more than 10 thousand people scrambling for it. People are so desperate for job today that some charge applicants reasonable sum of money to submit applications and CV’s for job.
5. It’s biblical: even Jesus spoke in favour of investment. “Why then didn’t you deposit my money in the bank? At least I could have gotten some interest on it. ” (Luke 19:23) (NLT).
6. Investment helps you avoid spending money foolishly or lavishly. If you don’t invest wisely, you invest foolishly or wrongly.
cc: lalasticlala, ishilove
http://naijainfobase.com

1 Like

Re: Why You Must Invest by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jul 20, 2015
Space pls..
Re: Why You Must Invest by rawpadgin(m): 9:59pm On Jul 20, 2015
Epic!
Re: Why You Must Invest by Phembest86: 10:37pm On Jul 20, 2015
[b][/b]You are right........ grin grin grin grin
Re: Why You Must Invest by yomi007k(m): 1:21am On Jul 21, 2015
INVEST in WHAT?

Water? tongue
Re: Why You Must Invest by Nobody: 7:19am On Jul 21, 2015
yomi007k:
INVEST in WHAT?
Water? tongue
Power banks. check my signature and add me up on whatsapp asap
Re: Why You Must Invest by Eberex(m): 7:53am On Jul 21, 2015
Royal155:
Power banks. check my signature and add me up on whatsapp asap

What is the best way to invest 500k?
Re: Why You Must Invest by Nobody: 8:37am On Jul 21, 2015
Eberex:

What is the best way to invest 500k?
It depends. If you have any other means of income and just looking for where to invest the money as an idle fund, then i recommend NIGERIA TREASURY BILL OR BOND. That's where i have most of my idle funds. But if you don't have any means of income and looking for where you can invest, then i suggest you look within your environment to see problems that you can solve at a profit margin. Just start up something with the money.
500k is big enough for clothing business. I started my clothing business with just 130k and today i thank GOD for where i am.

This my 2 cent bro!
Re: Why You Must Invest by PulseWeb: 8:50am On Jul 21, 2015
hmmmm.....try bulksms business. its a trend that is generating income for small startups https://www.nairaland.com/2443579/free-bulksms-website
Re: Why You Must Invest by Eberex(m): 9:04am On Jul 21, 2015
Royal155:
It depends. If you have any other means of income and just looking for where to invest the money as an idle fund, then i recommend NIGERIA TREASURY BILL OR BOND. That's where i have most of my idle funds. But if you don't have any means of income and looking for where you can invest, then i suggest you look within your environment to see problems that you can solve at a profit margin. Just start up something with the money.
500k is big enough for clothing business. I started my clothing business with just 130k and today i thank GOD for where i am.

This my 2 cent bro!

Thank you for the quick response. yes i do have other means of income. I work. But its one thing to have money in your account and anotther thing is temptation to touch it when little issues pops up.

On Nigeria Treasury Bill, i have heard of it, but being an engineer i really need some basic info in order to go into it. Do you care to share what is required on this? As for putting it into a business, i dont think i'm the business kind of person in terms of selling and buying
Re: Why You Must Invest by Nobody: 10:04am On Jul 21, 2015
Eberex:

Thank you for the quick response. yes i do have other means of income. I work. But its one thing to have money in your account and anotther thing is temptation to touch it when little issues pops up.

On Nigeria Treasury Bill, i have heard of it, but being an engineer i really need some basic info in order to go into it. Do you care to share what is required on this? As for putting it into a business, i dont think i'm the business kind of person in terms of selling and buying
Good. If you want to invest in NTB there is a thread on nairalandby feelamong where you can learn the basic and how it is done. I don't have time now, i would have searched for the link and paste it here.

All is required is you going to your bank and tell them that you want to register for NTB and they will give you a form to feel.
Some banks accept minimum of 100k and some from 1m. Your 500k would be enough to take part in it assuming you want to use FBN(that's the bank i use).
Re: Why You Must Invest by Eberex(m): 12:09pm On Jul 21, 2015
Royal155:
Good. If you want to invest in NTB there is a thread on nairalandby feelamong where you can learn the basic and how it is done. I don't have time now, i would have searched for the link and paste it here.

All is required is you going to your bank and tell them that you want to register for NTB and they will give you a form to feel.
Some banks accept minimum of 100k and some from 1m. Your 500k would be enough to take part in it assuming you want to use FBN(that's the bank i use).

Whats the minimum % interest per annum?
Re: Why You Must Invest by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jul 21, 2015
Eberex:

Whats the minimum % interest per annum?
the interest per annum fluctuates. but you can get from 11%-14 now! just logon to central bank website to find out more

https://www.nairaland.com/878880/treasury-bills-nigeria/110#878880.3531

(1) (Reply)

For Ur Regular Supply Of Palm Kernel Nuts And Shell / Ask Me Anything About mmm Nigeria Now! / Are You Into Fx Trading? Trading Live Or Demo? Get In Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.