Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,448 members, 7,808,600 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:06 PM

Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warn Aides - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warn Aides (24775 Views)

US: Buhari’s Agenda Very Well Matches Ours / Aisha Buhari To Travel To The US, Plans On Attending Meetings In DC / Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warns Aides (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warn Aides by investnotspend: 12:19pm On Jul 21, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday in Washington DC warned close aides not to smuggle anyone into his official meetings with US officials.

Sources said he gave the warning during a breakfast meeting at his Blair House official digs in Washington DC, telling them any infractions will result with the person involved being fired with immediate effect.

President Buhari told them the purpose of his visit was not to meet with Nigerian businessmen or politicians, but with US officials and Nigerians in the Diaspora.

During the tense meeting, at which eight of the aides were present, Buhari directed the Department of State Protocol in Abuja to open a desk at the Aso Rock Villa that would facilitate direct access to him if any Nigerian wants to see him in Nigeria. He said the desk will eliminate the role of corrupt officials, middlemen and family members who profit from selling access to the Presidency.

SaharaReporters could not ascertain how many Nigerian businessmen have arrived in Washington with the intention of seeking meeting opportunities with Buhari, but a source told our reporters that controversial and flamboyant businessman, Terry Waya, A.C Okafor, chairman of Chicason group as well as Senator Ifeanyi Ararume, have been seen around Buhari's delegation.

source: http://saharareporters.com/2015/07/20/don%E2%80%99t-let-nigerian-businessmen-my-meetings-us-president-buhari-warns-aides

4 Likes

Re: Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warn Aides by kamair237(m): 12:23pm On Jul 21, 2015
wow!!! two FTC in one day.... dis ma 5G network don start d reflect ir image...

This first to comment thing is boring.... likes and Mention are more interesting than FTC....

As for PMB.... am with u with my life, till I start seeing real -ve things bout u....

5 Likes

Re: Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warn Aides by boboLIL(m): 12:28pm On Jul 21, 2015
Anaemenu

6 Likes

Re: Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warn Aides by delishpot: 12:39pm On Jul 21, 2015
When nor be market place. Wetin business men dey find go there before?

BTW, even if he opens counter or office for the list of thise who want to see him, it wont stop greedy ones among the staff to sell spots.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warn Aides by investnotspend: 12:47pm On Jul 21, 2015
choi see as man dem dey buy land dey go

1 Like

Re: Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warn Aides by starlight101(m): 12:50pm On Jul 21, 2015
Lol buhari sha grin

4 Likes

Re: Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warn Aides by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jul 21, 2015
He has said it.

5 Likes

Re: Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warn Aides by Doskit(m): 1:07pm On Jul 21, 2015
wink

1 Like

Re: Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warn Aides by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jul 21, 2015
SaharaReporters again..

iif SaharaReporters cannot ascertain how many Nigerian businessmen have arrived in Washington with the intention of seeking meeting opportunities with Buhari, why ridicule a particular tribe named in the thread?

14 Likes

Re: Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warn Aides by Kufie(m): 1:07pm On Jul 21, 2015
Initial gra gra or publicity stunt?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warn Aides by omusiliyu(m): 1:07pm On Jul 21, 2015
Madam Diezini Allyson Maduekwe and co. Please let baba observes his primary assignment in USA.

No mercy for corrupt politicians and past leaders.

Yes... Tinubu and Owelle inclusive

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warn Aides by saintTim(m): 1:07pm On Jul 21, 2015
Thank God Buhari knows those he work with and how to dodge the banana pills.

All CRIMINALS

4 Likes

Re: Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warn Aides by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jul 21, 2015
Shoro niyen,
This ABOKII
DAURA DULLARPO

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warn Aides by Georgekyrian(m): 1:07pm On Jul 21, 2015
Re: Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warn Aides by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jul 21, 2015
OK
Re: Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warn Aides by omanifrank(m): 1:09pm On Jul 21, 2015
ok
Re: Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warn Aides by hbrednic: 1:09pm On Jul 21, 2015
ññññ
Re: Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warn Aides by asha80(m): 1:09pm On Jul 21, 2015
Is ifeanyi ararume a business man?
Re: Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warn Aides by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jul 21, 2015
We are watching u in 3d HD

1 Like

Re: Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warn Aides by Burger01(m): 1:09pm On Jul 21, 2015
Baba is really serious smiley

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warn Aides by Shittaakeem(m): 1:09pm On Jul 21, 2015

1 Like

Re: Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warn Aides by opefio: 1:10pm On Jul 21, 2015
Who are those business men, are they fools
Re: Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warn Aides by hensben(m): 1:10pm On Jul 21, 2015
Buhari get sense. cool

4 Likes

Re: Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warn Aides by Neduzze5(m): 1:10pm On Jul 21, 2015
Hmm
Re: Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warn Aides by chiedu7: 1:10pm On Jul 21, 2015

5 Likes

Re: Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warn Aides by Tman104(m): 1:11pm On Jul 21, 2015
Home / metro / 3 year old boy falls into well while playing with his friends
3 year old boy falls into well while playing with his friends
adeniyi adeoluwa 01:30 metro

Tragedy struck when a 3-year-old boy, Emmanuel Samuel, died on Sunday after he fell inside a well in front of a building on Hassan Sule Street, Ita Oluwo, in Ikorodu, Lagos. The toddler was playing with his older brother, Timileyin Samuel, and some of their friends around 3pm in the area when the deceased accidentally fell into the well.

It was learnt that residents and officials of the Lagos State Fire Service, who came to the area after receiving the distress call, had difficulties rescuing the victim due to the depth of the well.

It was gathered that a member of the Oodua People’s Congress later summoned up courage and went down the well to rescue the boy at about 7pm.

He brought out the boy dead.

It was learnt that the well was dug about eight years ago by the landlord of the building but was abandoned when it did not produce water.

Some youths were said to have been angered by the fact that the landlord had left the well open for so long. So, they reportedly stormed the residence and broke some window glasses.

The landlord, Bamidele Ogunwole, was said to have been arrested on Monday after the incident was reported at the Ogijo Police Division, Ogun State.

Emmanuel’s mother, Kikelolomo, who spoke in tears, described the deceased as her “everything.” She said,

“He had brothers and sisters, but he was my everything. He was very intelligent and smart. It was his brother that rushed to tell me he had drowned.”His father, Sergeant Abu Samuel, said the most painful part was the fact that the landlord buried his child without his consent.

“I was on duty when I was called that my son had drowned only to come back home and be told he was dead. To add insult to injury, that man (the landlord) buried my child somewhere in Agodo without my consent,” he said.Residents described Emmanuel’s death as avoidable.One of them, who identified herself only as Esther, said,

“It is very easy for anybody to get trapped in a well that is left open like this. One of the man’s tenants told me that they had complained several times to the landlord, but he ignored them.”The lawyer for the family, P.O. Idogun, accused the police of “foot-dragging,” adding that no relative of the suspect had shown up at the police station. The Chairman of the community development association, Alara Ogodo, blamed the suspect for burying the child without the approval of his family.
The Ogun State Police spokesperson, DSP Muyiwa Adejobi, said the landlord had presented himself to the police. He said, “He is in our custody. We will do something about the case.”

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari’s Anti-corruption War Has Loopholes – Al-mustapha / Osinbajo & Amaechi At Railway Steering Committee Inaguration(pics) / Why Osinbajo Must Dislodge The Cabal — Sen. Murray-bruce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.