Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,417 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:07 PM

UNIBEN Students Protest Colleagues’ Death, Block Highway - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIBEN Students Protest Colleagues’ Death, Block Highway (23561 Views)

UNIBEN Students In Class Formations Ahead Of Their Graduation / UNIBEN Students Generate “Supplementary” Income In The Hostel [PICS] / Two Female UNIBEN Students Hit By an Army Vehicle. One Confirmed Dead [photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Colleagues’ Death, Block Highway by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jul 21, 2015
Freemanan:
GRANTED THAT THE PURPOSE FOR THE THIS MADNESS WAS A GROSS MISTAKE FROM THE UNIFORM MEN.

BUT WHY HAVE STUDENTS CONTINUE TO EXHIBIT TRAITS OF ILLITERACY? EVERY LITTLE PROVOCATION CALLS FOR A PROTEST OR A BLOCKADE. I MEAN IS THIS NOT WHAT WE ARE SUPPOSE TO ENLIGHTEN THE UNEDUCATED TO ABSTAIN FROM?

WE SEE ALUTA AS A MEANS FOR SENSELESS VIOLENCE AND DISRUPTION OF SOCIETAL PROGRESS. SMH

Na so so trek since morning bro.
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Colleagues’ Death, Block Highway by ritux: 3:21pm On Jul 21, 2015
shiizzy:
i understand you but they still have to take it easy

Yes sir!
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Colleagues’ Death, Block Highway by dikazik(m): 3:23pm On Jul 21, 2015
Freemanan:
GRANTED THAT THE PURPOSE FOR THE THIS MADNESS WAS A GROSS MISTAKE FROM THE UNIFORM MEN.

BUT WHY HAVE STUDENTS CONTINUE TO EXHIBIT TRAITS OF ILLITERACY? EVERY LITTLE PROVOCATION CALLS FOR A PROTEST OR A BLOCKADE. I MEAN IS THIS NOT WHAT WE ARE SUPPOSE TO ENLIGHTEN THE UNEDUCATED TO ABSTAIN FROM?

WE SEE ALUTA AS A MEANS FOR SENSELESS VIOLENCE AND DISRUPTION OF SOCIETAL PROGRESS. SMH

Not all students. I have been in Unizik since 2010, now am in my finals .... there has been nothing like violence in school. Some see violence as a way toward, I don't think so.
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Colleagues’ Death, Block Highway by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jul 21, 2015
dikazik:

Not all students. I have been in Unizik since 2010, now am in my finals .... there has been nothing like violence in school. Some see violence as a way toward, I don't think so.
I agree with you Mate...
But most see it as a way of making themselves the new GANDHI or MARTIN LUTHER..
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Colleagues’ Death, Block Highway by ghostprotocol69: 3:34pm On Jul 21, 2015
its terrible...
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Colleagues’ Death, Block Highway by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jul 21, 2015
Pprovost:

Imagine... The proper authorities won't even feel the impact... Issapitty
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Colleagues’ Death, Block Highway by butanep(m): 3:39pm On Jul 21, 2015
Freemanan:

if you passed through the university system, you will understand student ways of reaching the university authorities or government is through protest. It has yielded positive results because student now protest in a matured way.

Ask you father or uncle how protest used to be during their time. Markets and other traders selling things will have to lock up their shops for fear of being robbed but those anomaly don't happen again to tell you, their level of enlightenment now...

Two student died on the school express way and you said they should sit down and do nothing. That is being a coward. I don't know uniben student for that... they need pass information to relevant authorities that something urgent need to be done. So the protest is very vital.
Through the protest, you will be surprised the number of media houses both local and international that have aired the latest development in the school.
If the school you went to don't protest when there is an anomaly, UNIBEN do protest and their protest always yield result. It wouldn't bring the dead back to life again but will prevent others from falling through same process, so that's the rational behind it and also to inform the relevant bodies to take actions.

So don't sit at the comfort of your home and criticized what you no nothing about. If it were your family member, you would know how painful it is to lost their love ones especially an undergraduates. It's very painful. The students can't fold their arms to watch their fellow student die on the express road hence the protest.

It's like saying, why are government workers on strike. When you certainly know that's the only message the government listen to... protest is also a key weapon of university students.

If you called ALUTA madness, then you must be sick. Being educated doesn't mean you should not be radical when it is needed. What they are protesting for is simple; government and school authorities should construct flyover and speed breaks on the express road to prevent future occurrence.

Permit my grammatical errors, I was fast in putting sense in that young kid's brain.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Colleagues’ Death, Block Highway by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jul 21, 2015
Freemanan:

As long as the protest is void of violence please let them protest. The reason our leaders take us for granted is because we lack the will power to mount opposition against oppression. Look around you where ever you are in Nigeria, you must see reasons to protest.All over the world good things happen after protest and even lost souls, the reason we are where we are today is that we believe in better future but we shy away from the struggle.
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Colleagues’ Death, Block Highway by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jul 21, 2015
butanep:
if you pass through the university system, you will know student ways of reaching the university authorities or government is through protest. It has yielded positive results because student now protest in the matured way.

Ask you father or uncle how protest used to be during their time. Markets and other traders selling things will have to lock up their shops for fear of being robbed but those incident don't happen again to tell you, their level of enlightenment now...

Two student died on the school express way and you said they should sit down and do nothing. That is being a coward. I don't know uniben student for that... they need pass information to relevant authorities that something urgent need to be done. So the protest is very vital.
Through the protest, you will be surprised the number of media houses both local and international that have aired the latest development in the school.
If the school you went to don't protest when there is anomaly, UNIBEN do protest and their protest always yield result. It wouldn't bring the dead back to life again but will prevent others from falling through same process, so that's the rational behind it and also inform the relevant bodies to take actions.

So don't sit at the comfort of your home and criticized what you no nothing about. If it were you family member, you would know how painful it is to loss love ones especially an undergraduates. It's very painful. The students can't fold their arms to watch their fellow student die on the express road hence the protest.

It's like saying, why are government workers on strike. When you certainly know that's the only message the government listen to... protest is also a key weapon of university students.
Your explanation is touching even though it was marred by vocabulary assault. Well, since you decide to slew insults I won't bother sharing thoughts with you. THANK you.
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Colleagues’ Death, Block Highway by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 21, 2015
blueseacats:
As long as the protest is void of violence please let them protest. The reason our leaders take us for granted is because we lack the will power to mount opposition against oppression. Look around you where ever you are in Nigeria, you must see reasons to protest.All over the world good things happen after protest and even lost souls, the reason we are where we are today is that we believe in better future but we shy away from the struggle.
So even if a dying patient has to pass that way enroute a hospital, they should still block the way... I believe they are doing the right thing in the wrong place...
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Colleagues’ Death, Block Highway by Brijet(f): 3:44pm On Jul 21, 2015
Freemanan:

Hello, if you don't know the trauma of lossing a student, then keep quiet. This is not the first tym we are lossing someone due to careless driving. Since the school management has decide not to do something about it, then expressing our grievances through protest is allowed. Mind you its a peaceful protest.
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Colleagues’ Death, Block Highway by Harvigh(m): 3:44pm On Jul 21, 2015
Freemanan:

Bro, what are u even saying? We shouldn't protest our colleague's death and let their death be in vain? Someone has got to be held responsible and accountable and unless we protest like we are doing, the Nigerian system is just gonna ignore the issue. By the way, no one is or has destroyed anything, i took part in the protest and it was as peaceful as u can imagine. Jah bless!

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Colleagues’ Death, Block Highway by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jul 21, 2015
Harvigh:

Bro, what are u even saying? We shouldn't protest our colleague's death and let their death be in vain? Someone has got to be held responsible and accountable and unless we protest like we are doing, the Nigerian system is just gonna ignore the issue. By the way, no one is or has destroyed anything, i took part in the protest and it was as peaceful as u can imagine. Jah bless!
Thanks.
PLEASE who is at the receiving end of this protest?
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Colleagues’ Death, Block Highway by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jul 21, 2015
Brijet:

Hello, if you don't know the trauma of lossing a student, then keep quiet. This is not the first tym we are lossing someone due to careless driving. Since the school management has decide not to do something about it, then expressing our grievances through protest is allowed. Mind you its a peaceful protest.
Blocking a major road in the country is a peaceful protest?
Do you think the opposite of peace is violence?
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Colleagues’ Death, Block Highway by SPG4U(m): 3:48pm On Jul 21, 2015
Freemanan:

no mind dem
Oya tell us what dey should av done pls, in case of mext time
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Colleagues’ Death, Block Highway by butanep(m): 3:49pm On Jul 21, 2015
Freemanan:

Your explanation is touching even though it was marred by vocabulary assault. Well, since you decide to slew insults I won't bother sharing thoughts with you. THANK you.
I was fast in typing to put you on track...

You don't say trash because you want to be first to comment... Always weigh your actions before commenting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Colleagues’ Death, Block Highway by linocol0075: 3:52pm On Jul 21, 2015
Even if they put over-head bridge there, students wonts still follow it. They prefer to cross because of hastyness nd loss of value for safety precautions. Yet, they are among the so called 'EDUCATED". I just believe all they need is more orientation by the school authorities and student unions, also, a speed breaks on the expressway close to the school to fore warn drivers. Thank you.
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Colleagues’ Death, Block Highway by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jul 21, 2015
SPG4U:
no mind dem
Oya tell us what dey should av done pls, in case of mext time
Call a student Congress... Whatever 1/3 of the students decides should be done with the law as their guide...
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Colleagues’ Death, Block Highway by Misogynist2014(m): 3:56pm On Jul 21, 2015
Bonapart:
No need to protest!
Wat has happened has happened
Go and pray cos you might be a victim tomorrow
Protest no go help matter
You have a tiny brain. Think before you type.

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Colleagues’ Death, Block Highway by nonjebose(m): 3:58pm On Jul 21, 2015
hiroz:
there used to be one there, but oshiomole in his not so 'infinite wisdom' decided to bring it down.... the students didnt even use it when it was there.. i attended the uniben secondary school and uniben... i can count the number of times on my fingers pedestrians used that bridge... i think speed bumps will be more effective although it is a designated federal express road.... if a pedestrian bridge is built, then the school authorities will have to set up disciplinary measures to ensure students use it...because if the govt builds the bridge for these protesting students,it will just be there like an artifact and rot away....
If they build another one and the students refuse to use it, then the burden of guilt will at least be off govt's shoulders. They should build it asap
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Colleagues’ Death, Block Highway by adorable29(f): 4:03pm On Jul 21, 2015
Pprovost:

Lol ! Even the gods supported the protest.... Its been raining for the past 3 days but not even a drop of rain has fallen today so far.....
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Colleagues’ Death, Block Highway by butanep(m): 4:04pm On Jul 21, 2015
Freemanan:

So even if a dying patient has to pass that way enroute a hospital, they should still block the way... I believe they are doing the right thing in the wrong place...
You don't speak like an educated person. You are saying trash. Don't talk like this in public so people won't call you a taut.

Let me educate your ignorance a bit. Before you get to UNIBEN, you fist pass through UBTH along the express road which is the major hospital in benin. After UBTH, there is no other hospital that can attend to emergency along the express way. So you see you don't even have an idea of ugbowo express road, so you would have just keep shut.

Or even if there is an emergency coming from lagos route, ambulance are not ordinary vehicles. They move with siren indicating an emergency and ambulance are always given preferential treatment anywhere, so that wouldn't have been a problem.

Talk like someone with common sense... first to comments does not means you should think with your nose. Be matured.
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Colleagues’ Death, Block Highway by MosquitoLaps(m): 4:08pm On Jul 21, 2015
Freemanan:

Chai!
I used to think you had sense, and held you in high esteem, until now...
Anyways, I won't blame you.
I blame Punch Newspaper for their half-baked reportage.

in case you don't know, the protest is not about bringing back the dead.
Its to make the government aware of the plight of students crossing that express way, which is dangerous, hence the need for speed breaks and pedestrian bridges.

you don't know what it means crossing that road everyday.
I stay off Campus, and I feel it.

so, bro, shut that hole you call mouth if you've got nothing good to contribute!

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Colleagues’ Death, Block Highway by butanep(m): 4:10pm On Jul 21, 2015
Freemanan:

tongue
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Colleagues’ Death, Block Highway by adorable29(f): 4:11pm On Jul 21, 2015
Freemanan:

See this one! Vocabulary assaults ke... Look at who is talking. Where did the gentle guy insult you in his write up?
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Colleagues’ Death, Block Highway by harry509: 4:11pm On Jul 21, 2015
Fixation:
Vehicular movement on the Lagos-Benin expressway, in Benin, the Edo State capital, has been grounded following a protest by students of the University of Benin, over the death of two of their colleagues.

Details later…

http://www.punchng.com/news/uniben-students-protest-colleagues-death-block-highway/

we only go 2 sch 2 acquire documnt nt 2 do things @ d ryte way. Wen gragrah strt we d student go 4lo agberoh jump nside. SMH
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Colleagues’ Death, Block Highway by tno4real(m): 4:13pm On Jul 21, 2015
Freemanan:

Sorry for the way u think...protect is not violence
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Colleagues’ Death, Block Highway by butanep(m): 4:20pm On Jul 21, 2015
Freemanan:

Call a student Congress... Whatever 1/3 of the students decides should be done with the law as their guide...
Call a student congress on incident that occurred outside the school campus... the student congress has no decision to make on issues like this. The only thing the student congress can do is to mobilize for a protest in order for them to pass their plight to the relevant authorities to build a pedestrian bridge or a flyover for them.

The message can only get to then via the protest. The protest has been aired over the world now, so those in-change are working round the clock to do something to salvage the situation.

Wait a minute... which school did you attend and what course did you read in school?
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Colleagues’ Death, Block Highway by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jul 21, 2015
butanep:
Call a student congress on incident that occurred outside the school campus... the student congress has no decision to make on issues like this. The only thing the student congress can do is to mobilize for a protest in order for them to pass their plight to the relevant authorities to build a pedestrian bridge or a flyover for them.

The message can only get to then via the protest. The protest has been aired over the world now, so those in-change are working round the clock to do something to salvage the situation.

Wait a minute... which school did you attend and what course did you read in school?

WHAT HAS THAT GOT TO DO WITH OUR DISCUSSION?
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Colleagues’ Death, Block Highway by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jul 21, 2015
2HASUM:
@ Shiizzy or wharever; You must be high on some cheap crappy stuffs men
guy do u really have to be stingy to yourself... God gave this brain... Plzz use it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lists of Expensive Secondary Schools In Lagos State / 7 Reasons Why Students Fail WAEC Exams Every Year And How To Avoid Them / Iyayi: ASUU Members Boo Reverend Father In Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.