Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,619 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:23 PM

SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! (82138 Views)

Katsina University Religious Regulation: An Illegality Taken Too Far / Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission / Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by cee001(m): 4:16pm On Jul 22, 2015
Teempakguy:
you do not have faith in the government?
A subsidy is a negative tax given to mostly producers in order to reduce price paid by consumers to obtain the subsidized good and possibly increase production of d same.
...d controversial fuel subsidy is still on the plate of FG...don't wanna go into that...

why I said what I said previously is this:
Of all the thousand and one areas of consumer spending that FG can subsidize u talk of subsidizing the tertiary education sector(of private institutions at that)...

I was only being logical.
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jul 22, 2015
cee001:
A subsidy is a negative tax given to mostly producers in order to reduce price paid by consumers to obtain the subsidized good and possibly increase production of d same.
...d controversial fuel subsidy is still on the plate of FG...don't wanna go into that...

why I said what I said previously is this:
Of all the thousand and one areas of consumer spending that FG can subsidize u talk of subsidizing the tertiary education sector(of [b]private[/b]institutions at that)...

I was only being logical.
yeah.
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by isolated: 4:51pm On Jul 22, 2015
basilo101:

All 1st generation hv produced great ppl in nigeria, its nt peculiar to ABU alone. U didnt evn mention any international record breaker. Only politicians and quota system appointees
hey there! that post was addressed to someone else. i wonder why u chose to poke-nose on issue dat does not concern you.
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Faseyi17: 6:44pm On Jul 22, 2015
Pls wht about d.e student. Hope we r nt affected sha
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by BraniacX(m): 7:14pm On Jul 22, 2015
Pukka36:
Uniben's Putme application hasn't started yet so U can't confirm!

Kk

Fanks
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by adebisibabs001(m): 7:20pm On Jul 22, 2015
everything for naija na serious struggle- Jamb na wahala! After admission : u go face all the suu strikes: ASUU, nasu, coasu, musuu, ckinckensuu, ratsuu e.t.c.afta graduation u go wait tire for Nysc misplacement. To crown it all, u go come enter the most killing neigbour market, sowi labor market abi na britico eng we dey speak, labour market. God bless naija oooo!!

4 Likes

Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by cyonujemen(m): 7:30pm On Jul 22, 2015
Thanks for the info.

CuteMaryJ:
Hello everyone, I hope this makes FTC. This started as a rumour and it sent shocks into the hearts of a lot of university aspiring students. I would love if this message is spread across and everyone gets to know of it.

According to news reaching us from inside reports, Jamb has suddenly come up with a new eligibility regulation whereby students that scored 200marks & above in 5 Nig top universities are being posted to other universities (mostly private universities). The affected universities include Unilag, OAU, Unilorin, Uniben and a yet to be confirmed institution.

Though the Federal Government set the new Jamb score at 180, unfortunately, applicants to these affected universites who scored 200 and above may not write the post utme exam not to talk if being admitted.

According to highly reliable sources, Jamb has shortlisted 9,937students (out of over 30,000 applicants) for Unilag PostUtme & 18,324 students Unilorin by using different cut off marks like 220,240,250& 255 for diferent courses & catchment area. This is a very illegal move which MUST be fought against.

So for those who opt for these universities in their utme, hurriedly go to your school portal to see things for yourself. A friend of mine just checked hers and discovered she has been changed to an unknown institution. This is no longer a rumour. Thousands of students who passed their UTME examination & applied for these universities will be denied admission. This is a move against the poor who cannot afford expensive private universities. How can someone opt for his/her preferred choice then you deny him the chance to write the exam? Non~indigenes are the most at risk. This is illegal. SAY NO TO CORRUPTION! SAVE NIGERIAN STUDENTS!

For unilag students, you can check your eligibility status by following these steps:
1): Go to Unilag website www.unilag.edu.ng
2) Go to Prospective Students
3) Click on Full Time Undergraduate Admission
4) Click on POST-UTME APPLICATION
5) Insert your utme registration number, telephone number and email address...

Join us @ UNILAG GATE tomorrow 22/7/15 by 7a.m. for a mass but peaceful protest. Remember that a closed mouth is a closed destiny

Cc lalasticlala (Please help move this to front page)

Sources:
> http://www.unilag.edu.ng/newsdetails.php?NewsID=2224
>http://www.ui.edu.ng/New-Regulations-and-JAMB-Revised-requirement
>www.uilugportal.unilorin.edu.ng/
>http://admissions.unilag.edu.ng/?page_id=253
>http://www.channelstv.com/2015/07/14/jamb-announces-cut-off-mark-for-201516-admission/
>http://www.uilugportal.unilorin.edu.ng/putme_instruction.php
>http://unilagadmissionguide.com/2015/07/21/jamb-new-policy-on-eligibility-of-candidates-for-20152016-admission-for-undergraduates/
>http://www.myschoolgist.com.ng/ng/unilag-jamb-new-policy/
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jul 22, 2015
Just check out OAU now and am eligible
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Pukka36(f): 7:58pm On Jul 22, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Sorry,did OAU also adopt the eligibility regulation policy?
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by superfelix: 8:02pm On Jul 22, 2015
starlingslimnet:
pls, How and where dd yyu chck it?
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by akinzyakinz(m): 8:14pm On Jul 22, 2015
sad
starlingslimnet:
pls bro, hw did u do it? Realy curious abouh dz! Dz issh z realy getting me scared!
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jul 22, 2015
starlingslimnet:
me too although i was asked to upload pics have you uploaded yours?
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Venus007(f): 8:20pm On Jul 22, 2015
Lol. No 1da.
Teempakguy:
yes. . . lipsrsealed
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 22, 2015
Venus007:
Lol. No 1da.
really?
I have affected friends nah. embarassed it pains me a lot too.
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 22, 2015
adebisibabs001:
everything for naija na serious struggle- Jamb na wahala! After admission : u go face all the suu strikes: ASUU, nasu, coasu, musuu, ckinckensuu, ratsuu e.t.c.afta graduation u go wait tire for Nysc misplacement. To crown it all, u go come enter the most killing neigbour market, sowi labor market abi na britico eng we dey speak, labour market. God bless naija oooo!!
grin grin
Ramsuu
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by tola268: 8:26pm On Jul 22, 2015
DrSage:
hw can one check if one has been posted to another university
That is how they make life difficult for masses
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Venus007(f): 8:27pm On Jul 22, 2015
Lol. Is it wrong?
shamecurls:

grin Rice and Water analogy
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Venus007(f): 8:30pm On Jul 22, 2015
Nah. Let's be honest. U've scaled through. U cnt care for others as much as u care 4 urself. What course? What was ur score nd what state are u 4rm?
Teempakguy:
really?
I have affected friends nah. embarassed it pains me a lot too.
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jul 22, 2015
Venus007:
Nah. Let's be honest. U've scaled through. U cnt care for others as much as u care 4 urself. What course? What was ur score nd what state are u 4rm?
you're right, but I still care nonetheless. I have plans with my friends to establish a scientific community at the school, now I'm like a loner suffering from survival guilt. embarassed

By the way I'm from Ogun state. I am going for computer science and I got the low score of 239 in Jamb.

What about you?
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by simba1: 8:36pm On Jul 22, 2015
Pls. What's your problem?
Pukka36:
So Ur only concern is what happens to Ur beloved Ndigbo schools

It shows Ur low level of thinking!

Uniben for instance has so many Igbos as students so if Uniben is affected,it affects Ur Igbo brothers/sisters!

So many persons prefer schools that are far from their state of residence.

So please,quit being a bigot!!!
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Pukka36(f): 8:41pm On Jul 22, 2015
simba1:
Pls. What's your problem?
People like U are Nigeria's problem!
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jul 22, 2015
Pukka36:
Sorry,did OAU also adopt the eligibility regulation policy?
i really dont think so
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jul 22, 2015
Pukka36:
People like U are Nigeria's problem!
lol babe calm down
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Pukka36(f): 8:56pm On Jul 22, 2015
Ada96:

lol babe calm down
Yes Mummycheesy

1 Like

Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Pukka36(f): 8:56pm On Jul 22, 2015
Ferisidowu:
i really dont think so
Ok Sir!
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jul 22, 2015
Pukka36:
Ok Sir!
you for oau
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Pukka36(f): 9:07pm On Jul 22, 2015
Ferisidowu:
you for oau
No,Uniben.Just wanted to know if OAU followed suit!
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jul 22, 2015
Pukka36:
oau is still very much neutral
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jul 22, 2015
Ferisidowu:
me too although i was asked to upload pics have you uploaded yours?
No....hv not bought the card....you have bought yours?
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jul 22, 2015
Pukka36:
Don't think they do....
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Venus007(f): 9:30pm On Jul 22, 2015
Eyah. Kpele. Itsnt low jare. If ur score pulled u thru, it means it wasnt low. Im 4rm Edo, going 4 MBBS. 267 was my score.
Teempakguy:
you're right, but I still care nonetheless. I have plans with my friends to establish a scientific community at the school, now I'm like a loner suffering from survival guilt. embarassed

By the way I'm from Ogun state. I am going for computer science and I got the low score of 239 in Jamb.

What about you?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

Problems Of Research Methodology In Nigeria / Guys Kiss & Grab Boobs Of Osun College Of Education Student As They Graduate / You Are A Genius If You Have The Solution To This Equation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.