Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,448 members, 7,808,600 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:05 PM

I Will Crush Corruption, Even In APC – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Crush Corruption, Even In APC – Buhari (583 Views)

Saraki, Atiku, Others Are Tenants In APC – Bode George / Niger-Delta Avengers Killing Our Soldiers But We Will Crush Them - Buratai / Corruption Even In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Crush Corruption, Even In APC – Buhari by dasrackhor(m): 9:21pm On Jul 21, 2015
Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari, Tuesday reiterated his resolve, to stamp out corruption from the Nigerian system, irrespective of party affiliations.

During a brief interview with CNN anchor Christiane Amanpour, Buhari stressed that “nothing will work until the nation is secured.”

He maintained that “Nigerians want the nation stabilised, and normal life needs to be restored to the southern part of the country, where the militants are still sabotaging oil installations and kidnapping people and demanding ransoms, and the N/Eastern part of the country where Boko Haram is still active, this is the main preoccupation of Nigerians now.”

When probed about his campaign promises, Buhari explained that it was too early to judge his fulfilment of the promises he made on corruption, security and the economy, as he can be held to his promises for the next 3 3/4 years ahead, adding that 12 weeks or so was too early for anyone to pass judgement on his campaign promises.

On corruption, the question posed to him was; “What about your campaign promises to root out corruption, if it turned out that some of the guilty ones were members of your own party or your own associates, would you crack down on them too?”

“I just have to, there isn’t going to be any party member or personality that can escape justice,” was his response.

As lofty as the President’s words sounded far away in America, at home however, it is believed that no member of the APC will get convicted on corruption charges.

Ex-Bayelsa State Governor, and head of the initial transition committee inaugurated by Buhari, Timipre Sylva recently had 50 counts of corruption against him, dropped by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, in what many observers believed to be the first sign that Buhari lied during his campaign, and would not wholeheartedly pursue the need to rid Nigeria of corruption.

In stark contrast however, has been the swift action taken by the same EFCC on former Governors and high ranking officials under the then ruling Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

Governor Sule Lamido and his sons have since been rounded up and paraded by the EFCC, while Senator Buruji Kashamu endured a protracted saga with the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, who tried to force his extradition to the United States, without due process.

Political observers in Nigeria believe that the what will be paraded as ridding Nigeria of corruption, will end up being a genuine plot to witch-hunt members of the previous administration, by the Buhari government.

Close confidants of the President have at one point or the other been roped in corrupt practices, and it will remain a surprise if the EFCC or the Independent Corrupt Practices and related Crimes Commission, ICPC, laid a finger on these personalities. Source:http://www.post-nigeria.com/i-will-crush-corruption-even-in-apc-buhari/
Re: I Will Crush Corruption, Even In APC – Buhari by Mogidi: 9:23pm On Jul 21, 2015
Why did he say "even in APC", were they exempted by Buhari's constitution?
Re: I Will Crush Corruption, Even In APC – Buhari by PunterTim(m): 9:24pm On Jul 21, 2015
Re: I Will Crush Corruption, Even In APC – Buhari by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jul 21, 2015
undecided
Re: I Will Crush Corruption, Even In APC – Buhari by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jul 21, 2015
grin
Re: I Will Crush Corruption, Even In APC – Buhari by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jul 21, 2015
Ride on Sir They voted for change
Re: I Will Crush Corruption, Even In APC – Buhari by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jul 21, 2015
Na beans?
Re: I Will Crush Corruption, Even In APC – Buhari by Shortyy(f): 9:27pm On Jul 21, 2015
No Dear, don't fight APC. They are without sin, remember?

1 Like

Re: I Will Crush Corruption, Even In APC – Buhari by adetboy: 9:31pm On Jul 21, 2015
"I will"

OK oooo. Kontinu!
Re: I Will Crush Corruption, Even In APC – Buhari by okenwa(m): 10:03pm On Jul 21, 2015
Re: I Will Crush Corruption, Even In APC – Buhari by KanwuliaJara: 10:10pm On Jul 21, 2015
Here we go again?
Na only you wan crussssshan? grin
Re: I Will Crush Corruption, Even In APC – Buhari by lilprinze: 10:21pm On Jul 21, 2015
I thought every member of APC is a saint.

(1) (Reply)

Oronsaye Gets Bail / How Abuja Investment Company Tricked Us Into Empty Sure-p Palliative / Is This Appropriate Dressing For A Governor's Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.