Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,497 members, 7,781,494 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:30 PM

Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In (47009 Views)

10 Habits The Average Nigerian Should Let Go Of! / 10 ways an average Nigerian survives recession / Glo Indulges Subscribers With Best-in-class Data Rates. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jul 21, 2015
Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In.

Popularly quoted; "The future belongs to those who have, believe and pursue their dreams".
It's no doubt there are very many young folks today without a dream.
Some whose parents are well-to-do have decided to "enjoy" the lives till "Jesus comes".

The hazard that brings is usually colossal, enormous and prodigious.

The Average Nigerian boy or girl has no dream and I stand to be corrected.

The Justin Bieber (a Jew) they're celebrating and dying for, in his early teens, discovered his gift of singing and took deliberate and difficult steps in recording and updating them on YouTube. The rest is history...

The crux of this thread is; SOME NIGERIAN YOUTHS INDULGE IN ALL KINDS OF THINGS SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY'VE GOT NO DREAM.

Let me list some...

1. Cultism

Looking up the FP, I saw how 12 "angels" were arrested for lesbianism and cultist practices. Why? Religion is NOT the opium of the masses; Deception is. Any religion that deceives, kills or threatens is a cultist group! Why can't these cultist groups quit threatening these little ones already?
Am I speaking over someone's head? Cultism isn't a far-fetched word anymore o...it is beginning to gain popularity at all levels. From music stars to secondary school children. Na was sha o sad

2. Immorality

I can say this anywhere, "people whose lives and happiness depend on sex hardly make any reasonable AND lasting contribution to life". If you hear a guy or girl say, "I can't live a week without sex", just know that the problem isn't the sex; it's like a food chain. There is a primary problem- Lack of SELF DISCIPLINE. You know how irreplaceably indispensable and consequential discipline is to be successful in any endeavor. Sometimes, I say, "sex is a poor man's hobby". [Opinion mine]

3. Social Media

As vital as hooking up with friends is, it doesn't make any sense from a proper vantage point. I was with a lady one time and the way she was like, "wow, I am so excited! I chatted with most of my primary, secondary and university friends on FB". I almost asked, what were you guys discussing? How much time do you give to social media? What of your dreams? Your aspirations? There is no such thing as "spare time". Nick D' Aloiso, built an app for yahoo during his "spare" hours. You burn yours on FB, Instagram, 2go, Whatsapp, Snapchat and Twitter cheesy Only you? Chairman, Chairlady angry grin

4. Obsession for material things

The way some people spend sooo much time and money building their accessories empire, it's quite alarming. It's not evil to be fashionable at all. It is evil when it takes the place of other VITAL things. For example, you are working with hopes that you'll use a huge part of your salary to finance your own dream or company. She is so trendy and latest that all her hard-earned cash goes for shoes and necklaces; so people can what? At the expense and detriment of your dreams?

5. Unhealthy Comparison

This actually is a big problem especially for guys and ladies who are oblivious of the stuff they carry. You see, until you love yourself (not by saying it or updating it as a dp), you won't truly explore the Real You. You don't have Red Lips, and so what? Your legs are 'K' and not "straight" or "bow" and then? My lips aren't "structured" for kissing...stay there! You must truly accept yourself and be grateful. A psychologist once quoted, "what we think about and thank about, we bring about". Ladies, love yourselves! You're robust so because you want to feel "special", guys take advantage of you! You'll then come to NL and say, "all guys are the same" Ok na!

6. Bad Friends

I read a comment on NL from a guy who helplessly stated how tied he is to some things because his friends forced him or he wanted feel among. You reading this can also attest to the fact that some bad habits you picked up were from friends. This takes us to the last point:

7. Addictions

Addiction, they say is like a comfortable bed. You sleep on it and then find it difficult to get up.
I say it has a Snow ball effect on its prey: It takes you farther than you planned to go. It promises pleasure but offers pain.
Watch it: Call a spade a spade, not an implement of Agriculture. You've not done "it" for three days and your whole body is on fire, my bro and sis- you need God in this one! Read 1 Cor. 9:27. Go all out and free yourself. Why? They hinder the greatest of talented individuals from reaching their peaks.

Remember Eric Cantona (a drunk), MC Hammer (a waster), Ronaldinho (womanizer and party freak), Balotelli (Bad guyss)...

Addiction limit Potentials √

Conclusion: Nigeria is at the brink of a turn- around as you can see. She needs a fresh recruit of a group of young folks who 'know their onions' in various fields of life.

Are you going to be among the few of us who will rescue Nigeria from the onslaught of the 'corrupt many' and launch her to her predestined height?

It starts NOW through the decisions you're making: Follow your dreams and make your nation proud (Li Na pursued her passion for tennis and the nation of China sought her help even after she resigned)

Wake Up and Be Counted!

349 Likes 54 Shares

Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jul 21, 2015
Op, I dnt agree with all ur points tho!

Had a friend back then in skul who was a cultist and he made 1st class in accountancy. The guy is brainy no be 4 mouth.
NOTE: i'm not advising anyone to join cult oh!

Nice points..

FTC on emusmith's thread grin grin

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by INTROVERT(f): 11:09pm On Jul 21, 2015
True true true..

Please ladies and gentle stop mentioning my moniker as I was just banned from commenting on threads for over 2 hours. Abeg.. even now I can't comment on some sections. cry cry cry cry cry cry
Am in pains now.

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jul 21, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jul 21, 2015
Lie lie lie

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by cee001(m): 11:14pm On Jul 21, 2015
Nice piece I must say. Motivating and full of lessons. I plan on reading again but this time with an analytical approach...

16 Likes

Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by jamex93(m): 11:15pm On Jul 21, 2015
Op u made dat list out of ur own point of view using ur own part of the wold, u making mention of cultist is a very big mistake

6 Likes

Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by jamex93(m): 11:20pm On Jul 21, 2015
INTROVERT:
True true true..

Please ladies and gentle stop mentioning my moniker as I was just banned from commenting on threads for over 2 hours. Abeg.. even now I can't comment on some sections. cry cry cry cry cry cry
Am in pains now.
.... Lolx dats y popularity sucks, o dem! I 4got dat i was famous, we cant b free d consiquences gonna chain us

1 Like

Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jul 21, 2015
jamex93:
Op u made dat list out of ur own point of view using ur own part of the wold, u making mention of cultist is a very big mistake

I repeat: Cultism is no longer a hidden practice!

Expose the wound and it heals. Close it up and it stinks.

What are you saying?

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jul 21, 2015
jamex93:
.... Lolx dats y popularity sucks, o dem! I 4got dat i was famous, we cant b free d consiquences gonna chain us
No derailing!
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jul 21, 2015
lagmostkuit:
[i]Op, I dnt agree with all ur points tho!

Had a friend back then in skul who was a cultist and he made 1st class in accountancy. The guy is brainy no be 4 mouth.
NOTE: i'm not advising anyone to join cult oh!

Nice one!

I watched a movie once and just when he "settled down" to start reaping the harvest, he was shot dead...leaving behind a wife and two kids.

sad

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by jamex93(m): 11:45pm On Jul 21, 2015
emusmith:

I repeat: Cultism is no longer a hidden practice!

Expose the wound and it heals. Close it up and it stinks.

What are you saying? I'm in PH and I know what I'm saying...Don't reveal your "lack of knowledge" abeg
.... So because u r in ph and according to u al youths in ph belong to one cult or d orda makes al nigerian youths cultist? ..... Now i see who lacks knowledge here, if i may ask how many nigerian states have u visited and u notice dat cultist is wat d youths go into? .....how many western states have u visited? How many northern states have u visited? How many eastern states have u visited? U have not been out of ph since u were born, and u come here to tell us trash . . . I pity u for ur lack of knowledge

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by zinachidi(m): 11:46pm On Jul 21, 2015
INTROVERT:
True true true..

Am in pains now.
na u cause am,, grin, buh the mod wey ban u na akpo sha....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jul 21, 2015
jamex93:
.... So because u r in ph and according to u al youths in ph belong to one cult or d orda makes al nigerian youths cultist? ..... Now i see who lacks knowledge here, if i may ask how many nigerian states have u visited and u notice dat cultist is wat d youths go into? .....how many western states have u visited? How many northern states have u visited? How many eastern states have u visited? U have not been out of ph since u were born, and u come here to tell us trash . . . I pity u for ur lack of knowledge

Ok

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jul 21, 2015
zinachidi:
na u cause am,, grin, buh the mod wey ban u na akpo sha....

If you're banned na... lipsrsealed
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by zinachidi(m): 11:51pm On Jul 21, 2015
emusmith:

If you're banned na... lipsrsealed
d mod no dey fear?

1 Like

Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by jamex93(m): 11:51pm On Jul 21, 2015
emusmith:

Ok
. . . . Good so when next u want to bring up some thing like dis, u should make ur finds and get solid facts

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jul 21, 2015
jamex93:
. . . . Good so when next u want to bring up some thing like dis, u should make ur finds and get solid facts

And who says you're right?

Should I repeat myself?

18 Likes

Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jul 21, 2015
zinachidi:
d mod no dey fear?

Lol
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Deefuray(f): 12:51am On Jul 22, 2015
EXACTLY!!!
Nice write-up @op

2 Likes

Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by danbrowndmf(m): 1:34am On Jul 22, 2015
emusmith:

Nice one!

I watched a movie once and just when he "settled down" to start reaping the harvest, he was shot dead...leaving behind a wife and two kids.

sad

KARMA grin

Noollyhood tongue

5 Likes

Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by kenedy175(m): 3:18am On Jul 22, 2015
Nice write up. Especially wasting time on social media instead of using that time to do something creative

5 Likes

Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Nobody: 6:29am On Jul 22, 2015
danbrowndmf:
KARMA grin

Noollyhood tongue

Lol
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Nobody: 6:31am On Jul 22, 2015
kenedy175:
Nice write up. Especially wasting time on social media instead of using that time to do something creative
Yes o. Someone once said, "Those who make news don't watch them".

Some think footballers really watch football matches. The truth is that most don't really have the time to. The greatest ones hardly do. Discipline.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Nobody: 6:32am On Jul 22, 2015
Deefuray:
EXACTLY!!!
Nice write-up @op

smiley
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by engrjacuzzi: 7:00am On Jul 22, 2015
nice write from this op you deserve a pack of chivita juice.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Nobody: 7:15am On Jul 22, 2015
engrjacuzzi:
nice write from this op
you deserve a pack of chivita juice.

Lol. Thank you. cool
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by kenedy175(m): 8:15am On Jul 22, 2015
emusmith:
Yes o. Someone once said, "Those who make news don't watch them".

Some think footballers really watch football matches. The truth is that most don't really have the time to. The greatest ones hardly do. Discipline.
Yeah bro! It's all about discipline

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by winetapper: 8:45am On Jul 22, 2015
INTROVERT:
True true true..

Am in pains now.
The robots want to help your Joblessness...please show some appreciation

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Nobody: 9:08am On Jul 22, 2015
kenedy175:

Yeah bro! It's all about discipline

Which isn't easy but relevant.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by jamex93(m): 10:25am On Jul 22, 2015
emusmith:

And who says you're right?
Should I repeat myself?

u r free to

and u r also free to back up ur clueless post but do DAT with facts
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Nobody: 10:31am On Jul 22, 2015
jamex93:

u r free to

and u r also free to back up ur clueless post but do DAT with facts

Bye

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

kite-flyers: When Was The Last Time You Saw This In Your Area? / Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community / Mention One Thing Nobody Taught You How To Do But You Can Do Perfectly Well

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.