Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,470 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:00 PM

Buhari Disgraces CBN Gov, Godwin Emefiele, Jim Ovia, Tony Elumelu, Wale Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Disgraces CBN Gov, Godwin Emefiele, Jim Ovia, Tony Elumelu, Wale Tinubu (6579 Views)

Nigerians Protest At CBN Office Over Bad Policies Of Gov Godwin Emefiele (pics) / Obasanjo, Toyin Saraki, Elumelu & Wale Tinubu At Business Council In USA (Pics) / Buhari Disgraces Nigeria Again On Foreign Media (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Disgraces CBN Gov, Godwin Emefiele, Jim Ovia, Tony Elumelu, Wale Tinubu by efilefun(m): 10:13am On Jul 22, 2015
What are you guys doing here…Did I invite you people? – Buhari

By Femi Ajayi

Time was, when phantoms in scarlet persistently passed as men of honour while the righteous faded in obscurity or lay spent in trenches of blood. Hence it was no surprise that Nigerian businessmen, Jim Ovia, Tony Elumelu, Wale Tinubu and Godwin Emefiele, Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), in desperate bid to dig their claws into President Muhammadu Buhari, bought first class tickets and flew after him to the United States of America.

But the snag was, they were uninvited; even so, they embarked on a desperate quest to establish themselves as Nigeria’s top businessmen and cronies of the incumbent president. Back when Goodluck Jonathan was president, they would have gotten away with such brazen disregard for protocol; in fact, they would have constituted a crucial part of the former president’s travel plans. But a new sheriff is in town and the businessmen are yet to get with his programme.

Thus they had sheepishly gone to attend a meeting with Buhari in America and Buhari on sighting them reportedly asked, “My friends, what are you doing here? Did I invite you people? You are not needed here,” Buhari allegedly told them. Shamefacedly, they gathered their folders and left the meeting. Their steps became very heavy as they trudged out of the venue.

It was indeed a big disgrace to these businessmen who once formed a ring around the former President Jonathan. They quietly left the venue with their tails and gargantuan pride tucked between their legs.

All around the world, presidential politics has always been a game of the wealthy, for the wealthy and by the wealthy. Men of means have always had a say and in several instances, determined the course of political and socioeconomic affairs in the country. This becomes imperative in their desperate bid to establish their dominance and affluence sustainably. The need to maintain their controlling grip on their country’s economy, rather than ensuring that the nation’s commonwealth is equitably distributed has always been the only ideological and selfish motive driving their political participation.

Consequently, the superrich of the nation’s high society are continually seen as the arrowheads of plots and movements to institute and sustain political hegemony via a puppet leader or party. Political pundits are of the opinion that the President Buhari needs to stay away from these men and women who have perfected the knack for soiling the hands of any President and sullying the his administration by their self-serving pursuits which often manifests devastatingly on the lot of the citizenry and to the detriment of the country.

TheCapital

Read more: http://newsrescue.com/buhari-disgraces-cbn-gov-godwin-emefiele-jim-ovia-tony-elumelu-wale-tinubu-in-america/#ixzz3gbsSaQc9

Re: Buhari Disgraces CBN Gov, Godwin Emefiele, Jim Ovia, Tony Elumelu, Wale Tinubu by efilefun(m): 10:14am On Jul 22, 2015
No time for nonsense

Cc lalascticlala ishilove

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Disgraces CBN Gov, Godwin Emefiele, Jim Ovia, Tony Elumelu, Wale Tinubu by debque(m): 10:14am On Jul 22, 2015
Buhaariii!!!! Buhaarii!!...bet why?

See disgracement..
Re: Buhari Disgraces CBN Gov, Godwin Emefiele, Jim Ovia, Tony Elumelu, Wale Tinubu by Unsad(m): 10:15am On Jul 22, 2015
No nonsense man

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Disgraces CBN Gov, Godwin Emefiele, Jim Ovia, Tony Elumelu, Wale Tinubu by idu1(m): 10:18am On Jul 22, 2015
efilefun:
No time for nonsense

1 Like

Re: Buhari Disgraces CBN Gov, Godwin Emefiele, Jim Ovia, Tony Elumelu, Wale Tinubu by Ama80(f): 10:36am On Jul 22, 2015
And gullible nlers will believe ds tale.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Disgraces CBN Gov, Godwin Emefiele, Jim Ovia, Tony Elumelu, Wale Tinubu by Leopantro: 10:42am On Jul 22, 2015
I don't believe that source.
Re: Buhari Disgraces CBN Gov, Godwin Emefiele, Jim Ovia, Tony Elumelu, Wale Tinubu by stevecantrell: 11:02am On Jul 22, 2015
debque:
Buhaariii!!!! Buhaarii!!...bet why?

See disgracement..

Mr President gave the clowns forewarning, DONT COME !
Yet, they came. Do you think these guys mean well for the progress of Nigeria ?
They only came in the interest of their own pocket.
PMB knows what he's doing !

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Disgraces CBN Gov, Godwin Emefiele, Jim Ovia, Tony Elumelu, Wale Tinubu by Alexisu: 11:09am On Jul 22, 2015
Point of correction @op the CBN governor is among the entourage of Mr President.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Disgraces CBN Gov, Godwin Emefiele, Jim Ovia, Tony Elumelu, Wale Tinubu by omowolewa: 12:04pm On Jul 22, 2015
Thsi would lead to somewhere.
Re: Buhari Disgraces CBN Gov, Godwin Emefiele, Jim Ovia, Tony Elumelu, Wale Tinubu by BLOTRS: 12:34pm On Jul 22, 2015
Alexisu:
Point of correction @op the CBN governor is among the entourage of Mr President.
please help me tell the lazy Op again, when they call good article writers, the OP sef wud show face, na wa oh angry
Re: Buhari Disgraces CBN Gov, Godwin Emefiele, Jim Ovia, Tony Elumelu, Wale Tinubu by Intrepid01(m): 12:49pm On Jul 22, 2015
If this is true, then I must say our "dear president" got it all wrong. In the first place, aw would you go for a diplomatic meeting without business gurus from your country?". It is a common practice around the world. President Obama is in Kenya with league of American business men, just to ensure that they seal high business deals and repatriate the returns to America. That is how countries are built.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Disgraces CBN Gov, Godwin Emefiele, Jim Ovia, Tony Elumelu, Wale Tinubu by omolami: 1:00pm On Jul 22, 2015
This same Buhari cannot do without them hence they fight him with their money. You know what that means Dollard dey rule
Re: Buhari Disgraces CBN Gov, Godwin Emefiele, Jim Ovia, Tony Elumelu, Wale Tinubu by PPAngel(f): 1:02pm On Jul 22, 2015

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Disgraces CBN Gov, Godwin Emefiele, Jim Ovia, Tony Elumelu, Wale Tinubu by Haurmeday25(m): 1:26pm On Jul 22, 2015
PPAngel:
But Adam's wife is allowed

[img]http://3.bp..com/-t13Wln6JcsQ/Va9YYHDa2YI/AAAAAAAF-io/voZWQ2UeVLs/s1600/a.jpg[/img]
is this part of the delegation too, I mean d pics?
Re: Buhari Disgraces CBN Gov, Godwin Emefiele, Jim Ovia, Tony Elumelu, Wale Tinubu by GudluckIBB(m): 2:02pm On Jul 22, 2015
Emiefele is a stooge to jim ovia. He pledges his allegiance to his former employer than the govt he is serving.

Pmb warned them before that he doesn't need any business men around him, yet the albino would not listen, he dragged his boss along .

This now shows that it is emiefele's cluelessness and wrong policies that's depreciating the naira.

No wonder he was appointed by a clueless man like him.

NB..... SATANIST AND WAILING WAILERS, IF YOU QUOTE ME, IT MEANS YOU ARE ALSO CLUELESS.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Disgraces CBN Gov, Godwin Emefiele, Jim Ovia, Tony Elumelu, Wale Tinubu by Symphony007: 2:21pm On Jul 22, 2015
These are men who create jobs for a lot of nigeria's and the least their president can do is to carry them along in international circles so they can meet and solicit for buisness fir the unemployed back home. Even obama went to India with nearly 400 u.s buisness leaders. The thinking of this buhari is rather puzzling.
Re: Buhari Disgraces CBN Gov, Godwin Emefiele, Jim Ovia, Tony Elumelu, Wale Tinubu by stevecantrell: 2:40pm On Jul 22, 2015
PPAngel:

[img]http://3.bp..com/-t13Wln6JcsQ/Va9YYHDa2YI/AAAAAAAF-io/voZWQ2UeVLs/s1600/a.jpg[/img]

The last time I checked...Mrs Oshiomole isn't a businesswoman. Get it ?

No businessmen/women allowed !
Its a simple directive from the president. What is so hard about complying with that ?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Disgraces CBN Gov, Godwin Emefiele, Jim Ovia, Tony Elumelu, Wale Tinubu by stevecantrell: 2:43pm On Jul 22, 2015
Symphony007:
These are men who create jobs for a lot of nigeria's and the least their president can do is to carry them along in international circles so they can meet and solicit for buisness fir the unemployed back home. Even obama went to India with nearly 400 u.s buisness leaders. The thinking of this buhari is rather puzzling.

Puzzling or not. It is a simple directive. Why can't they comply ?

Look at them smiling with GEJ, where's GEJ today ?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Disgraces CBN Gov, Godwin Emefiele, Jim Ovia, Tony Elumelu, Wale Tinubu by PassingShot(m): 2:45pm On Jul 22, 2015
PPAngel:

And so what? Adm's wife was there as "part and parcel" of Adams.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Disgraces CBN Gov, Godwin Emefiele, Jim Ovia, Tony Elumelu, Wale Tinubu by drss(m): 2:56pm On Jul 22, 2015
Any body who believe this artikle is a cow.
Re: Buhari Disgraces CBN Gov, Godwin Emefiele, Jim Ovia, Tony Elumelu, Wale Tinubu by Popemax(m): 3:23pm On Jul 22, 2015
Everybody is looking for whr to loot in dis present administration....it's just gonna be hard for big(men) to get along with Buhari....things r happening....Elumelu is now becoming Stingy cos Buhari has not welcomed him yet
Re: Buhari Disgraces CBN Gov, Godwin Emefiele, Jim Ovia, Tony Elumelu, Wale Tinubu by efilefun(m): 3:52pm On Jul 22, 2015
Leopantro:
I don't believe that source.
But if the same source report about a bomb blast you would be the first person to scream daura!!!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Disgraces CBN Gov, Godwin Emefiele, Jim Ovia, Tony Elumelu, Wale Tinubu by Leopantro: 5:29pm On Jul 22, 2015
efilefun:
But if the same source report about a bomb blast you would be the first person to scream daura!!!

Seriously, I don tire for you people. In the other thread, barcanista and his group called me an APC loyalist. Now, you are assuming am a PDP fan.
Do I reason like a politician? Seriously, am I that rich sounding.
Re: Buhari Disgraces CBN Gov, Godwin Emefiele, Jim Ovia, Tony Elumelu, Wale Tinubu by umbotombara: 6:09pm On Jul 22, 2015
Nobody cares jare..... If u need help with anything... Contact ur boy here. umbotombara@yahoo.com
Re: Buhari Disgraces CBN Gov, Godwin Emefiele, Jim Ovia, Tony Elumelu, Wale Tinubu by iamrealdeji(m): 8:18pm On Jul 22, 2015
Intrepid01:
If this is true, then I must say our "dear president" got it all wrong. In the first place, aw would you go for a diplomatic meeting without business gurus from your country?". It is a common practice around the world. President Obama is in Kenya with league of American business men, just to ensure that they seal high business deals and repatriate the returns to America. That is how countries are built.
pls name,a diplomatic meeting Obama went to with business men and name the business men that went there with him,I can't imagine Donald Trump or the likes of Warren Buffet following Obama overseas when they're not invited,next time,think before you talk because your comment makes no single sense

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Disgraces CBN Gov, Godwin Emefiele, Jim Ovia, Tony Elumelu, Wale Tinubu by iamrealdeji(m): 8:23pm On Jul 22, 2015
Haurmeday25:
So? This woman is not different from Oshiomole bringing a teddy bear along with him,i bet she won't say a word nor talk to anyone till they leave that place cos her class is not there,so,they don't notice her. Its like your parents telling you to stay in the car while they attend to big men in an outing
Re: Buhari Disgraces CBN Gov, Godwin Emefiele, Jim Ovia, Tony Elumelu, Wale Tinubu by iamrealdeji(m): 8:24pm On Jul 22, 2015
Haurmeday25:
So? This woman is not different from Oshiomole bringing a teddy bear along with him,i bet she won't say a word nor talk to anyone till they leave that place cos her class is not there,so,they don't notice her. Its like your parents telling you to stay in the car while they attend to big men in an outing.
So she has no trouble to make and her coming doesn't hurt anyone
Re: Buhari Disgraces CBN Gov, Godwin Emefiele, Jim Ovia, Tony Elumelu, Wale Tinubu by Intrepid01(m): 8:28pm On Jul 22, 2015
iamrealdeji:
pls name,a diplomatic meeting Obama went to with business men and name the business men that went there with him,I can't imagine Donald Trump or the likes of Warren Buffet following Obama overseas when they're not invited,next time,think before you talk because your comment makes no single sense

Your stupidity is begging for mercy. If you lack the information and education to know that diplomatic tours are made for business deals and expansion of stakes in other countries. You think western leaders spend billions of dollars travelling to anoda country for merry making? When you don't know, you ask questions and humble yourself to learn. Omo ale jatijati
Re: Buhari Disgraces CBN Gov, Godwin Emefiele, Jim Ovia, Tony Elumelu, Wale Tinubu by KanwuliaJara: 8:39pm On Jul 22, 2015
No wonder other races call us MONKEYS! embarassed
See Gorllas inside suit chinehkeh!!!! cry

Re: Buhari Disgraces CBN Gov, Godwin Emefiele, Jim Ovia, Tony Elumelu, Wale Tinubu by kaboninc(m): 8:45pm On Jul 22, 2015
KanwuliaJara:
No wonder other races call us MONKEYS! embarassed
See Gorllas inside suit chinehkeh!!!! cry

Na who suppose dey inside suit?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Military Arrested Ten Innocent BOYS And Tag Them NDA / Pics From The Special Valedictory Court Session For Late Enugu State Chief Judge / Governor Abdulrahman Should Nominate Kwara Federal Appointee, Group Tell Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.