Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:14 AM

First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC (42761 Views)

Taraba State: The Worst Place To Serve (NYSC) / NYSC Slashing Number Of PCM From Each Tertiary Institutions / Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by yahmohy27: 4:25pm On Jul 22, 2015
Ok no problem ,provided there is enough allowee
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by Olufemi005: 4:25pm On Jul 22, 2015
The country is take some form now
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by yahmohy27: 4:25pm On Jul 22, 2015
Ok no problem ,provided there is enough allowee
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by Olufemi005: 4:25pm On Jul 22, 2015
The country is taking some form now
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by peeta89(m): 4:26pm On Jul 22, 2015
guniwedi:
It is not about first class in labour market, it is about what you can deliver
that's were we always get it wrong in Naija.
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by emirate0(m): 4:26pm On Jul 22, 2015
powejune:
while they were chasing first class, I was chasing business and education, I came out with 2:1 and I own my company now, 4years after school tongue

Hater! Who asked u

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by Rapunzel001: 4:28pm On Jul 22, 2015
bigv:
Can someone pls scrap this scheme?

You want make the person dem give the contract to they arrange the white and cream uniform wey corpers dem dey wear come your house with machete? My guy dis NYSC scheme na wetin some ppl dey use chop O... if you put sand sand for their garri na...

2 Likes

Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by haibe(m): 4:28pm On Jul 22, 2015
Coolcash1:
I think second class upper graduates should be considered too.

why
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by peeta89(m): 4:30pm On Jul 22, 2015
It's a good idea though. But on the other hand most people with first class degree cram to pass so how will they impact knowledge into their various students when they are posted to universities for their primary assignments.

First class degree is not a yard stick for ones intelligence and brilliance.

My opinion though.
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by rezzy: 4:30pm On Jul 22, 2015
ilobasama:
D

Dogoyaro
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by Runaway: 4:30pm On Jul 22, 2015
This will henceforth discourage they from fighting for 1st class as they will be expose to what dey did in school to reach that level.
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by Bluffly: 4:30pm On Jul 22, 2015
fkaz:

http://thenationonlineng.net/first-class-graduates-to-serve-in-tertiary-institutions-nysc/

Does it make any difference? First Class, Second Upper or lower, the only thing you will be doing is carrying bag up and down. You can never lecture, so what is the point. That does not mean you will study your masters free with the institution because you are not even a staff. Please free me joo
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by henchamb(m): 4:31pm On Jul 22, 2015
vanen2:
It was implemented in 2015 batch A. . . No be new thing
foreign trained first class graduates follow ni
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by haibe(m): 4:32pm On Jul 22, 2015
powejune:
while they were chasing first class, I was chasing business and education, I came out with 2:1 and I own my company now, 4years after school tongue
Nonsense.. how did u make 2:1 sef. Ur reasoning is shallow.. So because they made first class, it means they didn't engage in business? Or that some of them don't own companies?

@topic I think teaching job should be voluntary as teaching is a skill which "many people" do not have.. you make a first class simply means you are very knowledgeable, it doesn't mean you can Impact knowledge . A third class that can impact knowledge is better than a first class that cannot, so I think its not a good move to mandate that all first class should go to tertiary Institutions. . Infact majority of first class I have met cannot impact the knowledeg they have.. and you will be thinking they aren't knowledgeable.

1 Like

Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by omoakin111: 4:33pm On Jul 22, 2015
viqueta:
What of those with economy class na? It's not fair o infact FAAN must hear dis
. Take this

Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by ElDeeVee(m): 4:34pm On Jul 22, 2015
What's the essence of this?
I served in a fed uni up north, performed excellently well during the course of my service.
When nysc finished, hod called me to tell me I can't be retained in the sch.
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by elenewton1: 4:35pm On Jul 22, 2015
powejune:
Is Dat ur f***ING business? . Bad Belle like u. #goatie

1 Like

Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by ninodaniel(m): 4:37pm On Jul 22, 2015
Third class students will serve in d motor park while pass students to serve in prisons. cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by henchamb(m): 4:40pm On Jul 22, 2015
tete7000:
What if the universities cannot take all of them? Where will the rest serve?
Universities are not the only tertiary institutions.
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by bigv(m): 4:40pm On Jul 22, 2015
Exactly why the scheme hasn't been scrapped. Quite unfortunate.
The annoying thing is that they won't even allow those that are not interested in the scheme to opt out.
Rapunzel001:

You want make the person dem give the contract to they arrange the white and cream uniform wey corpers dem dey wear come your house with machete? My guy dis NYSC scheme na wetin some ppl dey use chop O... if you put sand sand for their garri na...
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jul 22, 2015
Lols, oya u win grin
rezzy:

Road safety

1 Like

Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by codephela(m): 4:44pm On Jul 22, 2015
Cool move..they deserve it!..#Respect

1 Like

Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jul 22, 2015
vanen2:
It was implemented in 2015 batch A. . . No be new thing
Abi, no be for poly I dey serve? mtcheew next news
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by kheni28(m): 4:46pm On Jul 22, 2015
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by Orikinla(m): 4:47pm On Jul 22, 2015
[size=28pt]SO?
The annual National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) scheme does not create jobs for the hundreds of thousands of Nigerian graduates and the N74bn allocated to NYSC Scheme annually is shared by all the contractors who have been the major beneficiaries of the scheme that many see as nothing more than a scam.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by butanep(m): 4:47pm On Jul 22, 2015
EVILFOREST:
Now the GOATS are separated from the SHEEP

Chaffs separated from the grains
Point of correction. You graduated with a first class does not make him/her better than someone with a second class upper or lower.

Having a good result is nice and brilliant, even the economy will find you attractive but the most important thing is what you have inside of you.

Some second class upper graduates can do better than first class when given the opportunity to showcase what they have inside of them....
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by tete7000(m): 4:51pm On Jul 22, 2015
henchamb:
Universities are not the only tertiary institutions.
I understand that. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Innocent Ajakaiye, A Corper, Dies Playing On The Pitch / Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed / My Girl Friend Is About Going For NYSC Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.