Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,842 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:54 AM

Please I Need Your Advice On What To Tell My Friend - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please I Need Your Advice On What To Tell My Friend (15382 Views)

My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice / Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? / How Can I Tell My Boss To Stop Spamming My Phone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Your Advice On What To Tell My Friend by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jul 22, 2015
Hello people, my friend works in the bank and also running her post graduate program in the same state. She will be starting her exams very soon but her boss won't allow her go for it, and she has been pleading with her (boss) but to no avail, now she(my friend ) is contemplating on resigning.

Please advice me on what to tell her. 'Jobs no easy to come bye oh.'

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please I Need Your Advice On What To Tell My Friend by Applaner: 6:23pm On Jul 22, 2015
z
Re: Please I Need Your Advice On What To Tell My Friend by JayKaba(m): 6:33pm On Jul 22, 2015
Let her decide which is more important for now...job or PG ? All the same, you don't tell a Nigerian employer you want to go take an exam. Secretly plan for your exam and pull "a stunt" a day to your exam.

An average employer care less about your exam. Moreso, you are not getting paid to study. You study and take exam at your spare time.

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please I Need Your Advice On What To Tell My Friend by COvo(m): 11:14pm On Jul 22, 2015
Tell her to park well.Not because she needs to park well but because I want to book space

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please I Need Your Advice On What To Tell My Friend by Ojestas(m): 3:20pm On Jul 23, 2015
Has she started the PGD before she got the job??
If yes, Did she not inform the Oga about the program prior to the exam day?

I confuse o.

Female bosses tho' . .SMH

I'd stick to the job though

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please I Need Your Advice On What To Tell My Friend by Richie0974: 3:20pm On Jul 23, 2015
It depends on the one that's more important to her....the choice is hers....
Re: Please I Need Your Advice On What To Tell My Friend by NotNairalandi(m): 3:20pm On Jul 23, 2015
Please don't make the mistake of telling ur employer you are going for exams again unless you want to loose your job.those people don't care about ur dreams unless its for the betterment of the organization.

14 Likes

Re: Please I Need Your Advice On What To Tell My Friend by kayo80(m): 3:20pm On Jul 23, 2015
Hmm! This is a tough one. I was in a similar situation in 2010 and had to quit the masters program I was doing. I wish your friend the best but don't have any advise for her...she has to make this decision on her own.

Anyway, for the men that have problem lasting long in bed, hit me up on bbm- 56163832

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Your Advice On What To Tell My Friend by iyisco2001(m): 3:20pm On Jul 23, 2015
Why tell your boss that you have an exam when you can easily fall sick for a week. Except your organization supports a study leave, you shouldn't in any means communicate at your work to anyone that you are engaged in advanced studies, especially postgraduate, your boss probably has the same certificate as you, she wouldn't want you to boss her. Anyway, weigh what you prefer most, the job or your postgraduate, only you can advise yourself. If you have any other option, quit the job and go for your exams, it is clear your development isn't supported by your boss.

17 Likes

Re: Please I Need Your Advice On What To Tell My Friend by crystalblaize1: 3:21pm On Jul 23, 2015
k
Re: Please I Need Your Advice On What To Tell My Friend by IYADARA(f): 3:22pm On Jul 23, 2015
I won't advise u to quit d exam cos u ve paid.....waht if ur boss decides to sack you tomoro? Losing at both end.....Abeg go do ur exam, put him prayer if u believe u will have both

6 Likes

Re: Please I Need Your Advice On What To Tell My Friend by FORUMgod: 3:22pm On Jul 23, 2015
let her phuck her boss to coma

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Your Advice On What To Tell My Friend by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 23, 2015
why would she tell her boss in the first place? which boss will want her employer to be more successful than him. he knows if the girl has the PG stuff, she might be promoted higher than him or use it to search for job in another company.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please I Need Your Advice On What To Tell My Friend by allanphash7(m): 3:22pm On Jul 23, 2015
How much does she earn monthly?

How long has she been working there?

Is she not entitle to annual leave?

Anwer me and i tell you what she need to do

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need Your Advice On What To Tell My Friend by Built2last: 3:22pm On Jul 23, 2015
Hey Op, I spent 8 years in banking and had my MBA and M.sc while working. and finally resigned when i was ready to take on my world. Always note that most bosses won't just allow you stand up to go pursue higher studies in Nigeria and its largely out of envy. Don't blame them. most of them ended in B.Sc and have spent 15 years without any addition.

I am aware that every bank in Nigeria has perrsonal development policy. the challenge is that most people won't read the policy of the bank till they leave. Your boss is not doing you a favour by allowing you. its your right.

look at your policy carefully or call someone in your HR and inquire what the education policy says. get the clause and paragraph where its stated and apply for your leave. If he/she won't allow you. Attach the clause and escalate.

Education policy globally is 13 days leave. Just exhibit your right but add no attitude to it.

Goodluck

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Please I Need Your Advice On What To Tell My Friend by Zeusd3(m): 3:23pm On Jul 23, 2015
e wo Oou
Re: Please I Need Your Advice On What To Tell My Friend by sukkot: 3:23pm On Jul 23, 2015
she is crazy. why would her boss allow her to go take an exam. it is showing the boss that she is disloyal and is not committed to the job because that is telling the boss she wants to upgrade from the job she is doing after she passes her exams. some people need decorum lessons. so she expects the boss to say yes ? she is mad. just quit the job if your exams are more important than the job. case closed. or call in sick

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need Your Advice On What To Tell My Friend by Pelummy(f): 3:23pm On Jul 23, 2015
crystalblaize1:
k
kayo80:
.m
Richie0974:
.[quote author=Ojestas post=36192679].
Nairalandi:
G
Ojestas:
sad sad sad sad sad sad sad

i feel sorry for u guys
Re: Please I Need Your Advice On What To Tell My Friend by gbaskiboy: 3:24pm On Jul 23, 2015
Some people are made to make life difficult for some. Smh!

3 Likes

Re: Please I Need Your Advice On What To Tell My Friend by ZYZZA: 3:24pm On Jul 23, 2015
Now every topice na friend when the real person go come out na

8 Likes

Re: Please I Need Your Advice On What To Tell My Friend by modified(m): 3:26pm On Jul 23, 2015
Is she a learner, jobs are scare commodity this days and she should watch it.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Your Advice On What To Tell My Friend by ultrazone2(m): 3:26pm On Jul 23, 2015
edrefrf

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Your Advice On What To Tell My Friend by badoh(m): 3:26pm On Jul 23, 2015
Are the staff in the bank she works not entitled to annual leave? If they are entitled to it, then the easiest way that would not bring rancour between her and her boss is to apply for her annual leave. Nobody can stop her from proceeding on her annual leave. She should structure the leave to coincide with her exam period. simple as xyz
Re: Please I Need Your Advice On What To Tell My Friend by Aspiregreat: 3:26pm On Jul 23, 2015
sukkot:
she is crazy. why would her boss allow her to go take an exam. it is showing the boss that she is disloyal and is not committed to the job because that is telling the boss she wants to upgrade from the job she is doing after she passes her exams. some people need decorum lessons. so she expects the boss to say yes ?

How senseless.... angry

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please I Need Your Advice On What To Tell My Friend by flowjoe: 3:27pm On Jul 23, 2015
iyisco2001:
Why tell your boss that you have an exam when you can easily fall sick for a week. Except your organization supports a study leave, you shouldn't in any means communicate at your work to anyone that you are engaged in advanced studies, especially postgraduate, your boss probably has the same certificate as you, she wouldn't want you to boss her. Anyway, weigh what you prefer most, the job or your postgraduate, only you can advise yourself. If you have any other option, quit the job and go for your exams, it is clear your development isn't supported by your boss.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Your Advice On What To Tell My Friend by adedayourt(m): 3:27pm On Jul 23, 2015
dats hw som female boss like to deyform semi god.

anywa let d pleading cont nd f she no gree, honourably resign God had a way of compensating
Re: Please I Need Your Advice On What To Tell My Friend by modified(m): 3:27pm On Jul 23, 2015
Is she a learner, jobs are scarce commodity this days and she should watch it.
Re: Please I Need Your Advice On What To Tell My Friend by lonelydora: 3:28pm On Jul 23, 2015
Why must you tell your boss the truth? There's something we call TRIPPING (not coming to work without any prior info to anyone even your best friend) in my office. Or better still, pull a stunt. And since I learnt it, it's helping me. But make sure you have a sweet mouth before you trip.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Your Advice On What To Tell My Friend by Bdemmy(m): 3:28pm On Jul 23, 2015
enyinna4:
Hello people, my friend works in the bank and also running her post graduate program in the same state. She will be starting her exams very soon but her boss won't allow her go for it, and she has been pleading with her (boss) but to no avail, now she(my friend ) is contemplating on resigning.

Please advice me on what to tell her. 'Jobs no easy to come bye oh.'

She should simply apply for study or annual leave.
She's entitled to them.

Except she has been making too many excuses for absence b4 now

Worst case, she should pretend to fall sick and get a doctor's report when resuming.
Re: Please I Need Your Advice On What To Tell My Friend by LaPink: 3:29pm On Jul 23, 2015
JayKaba:
Let her decide which is more important for now...job or PG ? All the same, you don't tell a Nigerian employer you want to go take an exam. Secretly plan for your exam and pull "a stunt" a day to your exam.

An average employer care less about your exam. Moreso, you are not getting paid to study. You study and take exam at your spare time.

What if the Exams Last a Week

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Not Your Regular Doctor... The Story Of The Human & Animal Doctor / Hard Copy Of ICAN New Study Pack, Pathfinder And ACCA Materials. / Share Your Experience Working With A Problematic Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.