Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,340 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:33 AM

My Thoughts On Buhari Trip To US - Oh My Counrty - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Thoughts On Buhari Trip To US - Oh My Counrty (925 Views)

Man Fulfills His Promise, Pours Water On Floor And Drinks On Buhari's Arrival / Lere Olayinka Reacts To Aisha Buhari’s Trip To USA / Latest News On The Real Reason For Buhari's Trip To London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Thoughts On Buhari Trip To US - Oh My Counrty by kabirubiche: 6:36pm On Jul 22, 2015
Buhari and his entourage only walked away with photos

United States delegates, right, each focused, taking notes as both Buhari and Obama reflected on issues, whereas the Nigerian delegates folded their hands and listened inattentively while moving their eyes to see if the camera got them.

Yet, Buhari’s camp are all over the social media celebrating his multiple photos with President Obama as a prove of a successful trip. President Obama, it was observed, had not offered anything new to his unprepared visitors. Anyway, they have photos to show gullible Nigerian citizens.

For a president who visited Obama for talks on trade, and terrorism – who are Buhari’s economic team? Rochas? Who are his security team? Amaechi? Besides a pat on the back to “go home and be useful,” what did the Nigerian delegate and their President come home with? Photo albums? Buhari was accorded an opportunity to meet with U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch on Monday to discuss countering violent extremism – who led this forum?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Thoughts On Buhari Trip To US - Oh My Counrty by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jul 22, 2015
K
Re: My Thoughts On Buhari Trip To US - Oh My Counrty by Symphony007: 6:39pm On Jul 22, 2015
Nothing new..unseriousness and incompetence in the federal government of nigeria did not start with buhari, but thought he promised us "change".

3 Likes

Re: My Thoughts On Buhari Trip To US - Oh My Counrty by Moheat(m): 6:40pm On Jul 22, 2015
These guys have very retentive memories so don't take them for granted.

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts On Buhari Trip To US - Oh My Counrty by socialmediaman: 6:43pm On Jul 22, 2015
Does a simple exclusive photo tell the whole story?

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts On Buhari Trip To US - Oh My Counrty by socialmediaman: 6:45pm On Jul 22, 2015
Re: My Thoughts On Buhari Trip To US - Oh My Counrty by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 22, 2015
What is the essence of taking notes when the whole meeting is recorded? That would be an unnecessary supplausage.

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts On Buhari Trip To US - Oh My Counrty by realtestament(m): 6:55pm On Jul 22, 2015
I thought buhari is an experience man and a former head of state 4 dat matter, i thought he should be more experienced dan obama....

#what naija nid is God
Re: My Thoughts On Buhari Trip To US - Oh My Counrty by delishpot: 7:01pm On Jul 22, 2015
Abeg, who knows Buhari? I will like to be his publicity manager my talent is wasting here. I am not happy with the way our leaders past and present are being handled. Shame on them all
Re: My Thoughts On Buhari Trip To US - Oh My Counrty by kabirubiche: 7:07pm On Jul 22, 2015
firstEVA:
What is the essence of taking notes when the whole meeting is recorded? That would be an unnecessary supplausage.

Are u saying that they are more wise than those taking notes. The owners of technologies?

3 Likes

Re: My Thoughts On Buhari Trip To US - Oh My Counrty by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 22, 2015
kabirubiche:

Are u saying that they are more wise than those taking notes. The owners of technologies?
we don't have to be copy cats, they write does not mean we must write, thsy shouldn't set the standard.
Re: My Thoughts On Buhari Trip To US - Oh My Counrty by owobokiri(m): 7:13pm On Jul 22, 2015
They all dressed like a bunch of school kids going to meet father Christmas. They all went for a jamboree... I mean which serious president in these times flies to another country for bilateral discussions that should center around trade and business without his businessmen What did you go there for? To shake Obamas heavenly palms?? Bunch of grade A jokers..

2 Likes

Re: My Thoughts On Buhari Trip To US - Oh My Counrty by delishpot: 7:17pm On Jul 22, 2015
owobokiri:
They all dressed like a bunch of school kids going to meet father Christmas. They all went for a jamboree... I mean which serious president in these times flies to another country for bilateral discussions that should center around trade and business without his businessmen What did you go there for? To shake Obamas heavenly palms?? Bunch of grade A jokers..

No be money I hear say dem go borrow?
Re: My Thoughts On Buhari Trip To US - Oh My Counrty by owobokiri(m): 7:25pm On Jul 22, 2015
delishpot:

No be money I hear say dem go borrow?

Yeah, money to rebuild the north... While the former eastern Nigeria suffers .. It is a dangerous scheme that has been in progress since the military days.. Just as the Lagos state government was authorized to borrow right at the inception of Ambode. At the end, the debt will be shared and it will become "Nigerias" debt..., they will then elect another Obasanjo look-alike to come and "pay off" the debt from the collective purse, the hediot becoming a hero for using resources from afar to pay off debts borrowed to build the "chosen" areas. That is how the play..

2 Likes

Re: My Thoughts On Buhari Trip To US - Oh My Counrty by Dmano: 7:29pm On Jul 22, 2015
Those that knows what they want gain 4rom Nigeria were busy taking note but our people o sai,we are doing photo jamboree

2 Likes

Re: My Thoughts On Buhari Trip To US - Oh My Counrty by kabirubiche: 7:33pm On Jul 22, 2015
firstEVA:
we don't have to be copy cats, they write does not mean we must write, thsy shouldn't set the standard.

If you watch in every public gathering, those taking notes are the mowers and shakers of event.

2 Likes

Re: My Thoughts On Buhari Trip To US - Oh My Counrty by delishpot: 7:51pm On Jul 22, 2015
owobokiri:

Yeah, money to rebuild the north... While the former eastern Nigeria suffers .. It is a dangerous scheme that has been in progress since the military days.. Just as the Lagos state government was authorized to borrow right at the inception of Ambode. At the end, the debt will be shared and it will become "Nigerias" debt..., they will then elect another Obasanjo look-alike to come and "pay off" the debt from the collective purse, the hediot becoming a hero for using resources from afar to pay off debts borrowed to build the "chosen" areas. That is how the play..

Omo mehn, politics don tire me o
Re: My Thoughts On Buhari Trip To US - Oh My Counrty by Sant1m: 9:12pm On Jul 22, 2015
owobokiri:

Your so called insinuation will keep playing out as long as our leaders in Igbo land lack credibility, don't blame the North or West blame our people. Either by design, the others have proving to ve better leadership recruitment process. A case in point is the 2nd Niger Bridge take time to Google and read about how it is been financed to appreciate my point if you care to, igbos will pay for that Bridge for 25yrs. A Yoruba or Fulani man was not in the saddle when the agreement was reached, it was Gej and Peter Obi, what is happening to Igbos can be likened to a situation where a greedy uncle suddenly become the eldest in the family, The whole ancestral land will be up for sale, the Igbos are their own worst enemy. Emmessly resourceful we lack leaders and followers that negotiates with our interest at heart. All through history what is yours as a people is not handed to you freely, you ve to earn it. Wailing won't help us

(1) (Reply)

You Won't Believe The Party That Now Sells Its Membership Card For #100 / MTN Is Giving Out 20GB For N70 / Rivers Governor Calls CTC Chairmen Thieves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.