Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,245 members, 7,807,830 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:11 PM

Share Your Experience:your First Few Days Abroad....how Was The Feeling Like - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Share Your Experience:your First Few Days Abroad....how Was The Feeling Like (2675 Views)

23-year-old Unilag Graduate Dies In Fatal Accident, Few Days After His Nysc / Accident Along Benin Highway Few Days Ago,Some Dead,Others Injured(Pics) / Nigerians Living Abroad, How Did You Move? Share Your Stories. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Experience:your First Few Days Abroad....how Was The Feeling Like by kanaleke(m): 9:27pm On Jul 22, 2015
I have not gone out of the country before but I always feel that it will really be strange the first few days you will spend in other countries....let's hear from you guys that have had the privilege of travelling outside the country.How was it like??Wet our appetites!!
Re: Share Your Experience:your First Few Days Abroad....how Was The Feeling Like by ibrams(m): 9:29pm On Jul 22, 2015
i have neva been to abroad......
bt very soon,,,,,,,haters kip hatinq
Re: Share Your Experience:your First Few Days Abroad....how Was The Feeling Like by xender(m): 9:30pm On Jul 22, 2015
d first tyme I went I was like

sorie I never go be4 ..make I wait 4 guys wen don go
Re: Share Your Experience:your First Few Days Abroad....how Was The Feeling Like by kanaleke(m): 9:32pm On Jul 22, 2015
ibrams:
i have neva been to abroad......
bt very soon,,,,,,,haters kip hatinq
yeah...very soon bro.please let's hear from our people in diasporal
Re: Share Your Experience:your First Few Days Abroad....how Was The Feeling Like by ibrams(m): 9:35pm On Jul 22, 2015
kanaleke:
yeah...very soon bro.please let's hear from our people in diasporal
were are they??.....*lookinq back nd front*
Re: Share Your Experience:your First Few Days Abroad....how Was The Feeling Like by Baddo101(m): 9:39pm On Jul 22, 2015
dos who av been to cotonou can also comment ba?
Re: Share Your Experience:your First Few Days Abroad....how Was The Feeling Like by kanaleke(m): 9:39pm On Jul 22, 2015
ibrams:
were are they??.....*lookinq back nd front*
we are waiting joor....come out and inform us#@disapora
Re: Share Your Experience:your First Few Days Abroad....how Was The Feeling Like by delishpot: 10:05pm On Jul 22, 2015
Its normal feeling just as one feels in naija when you go to another state to live, visit or school your will be boring or bussy or calm based on friends, saftey and what you have planned to do. The only bit I hate is winter. The peace and freedom is nice feeling sha if you go to a calm place.
Re: Share Your Experience:your First Few Days Abroad....how Was The Feeling Like by kanaleke(m): 10:16pm On Jul 22, 2015
delishpot:
Its normal feeling just as one feels in naija when you go to another state to live, visit or school your will be boring or bussy or calm based on friends, saftey and what you have planned to do. The only bit I hate is winter. The peace and freedom is nice feeling sha if you go to a calm place.
thanks for that...but it would have bben nice if you tell us on light,making friends,food and the social life..*smiles*
Re: Share Your Experience:your First Few Days Abroad....how Was The Feeling Like by delishpot: 10:25pm On Jul 22, 2015
kanaleke:
thanks for that...but it would have bben nice if you tell us on light,making friends,food and the social life..*smiles*

Ok. Light is constant 24/7
security 90% on a good day unless person waka bad waka or just meet some pshyco on your eay
food is ok if you are not tied to home food aka native food. You could find naija kitchens if you are lucky or you buy from African shops.
Friends are easy to make in some places while some may be closed to outsiders until they can trust you. But its best if you make friends before going.
Social life is not bad. They like to drink and club at night and they like to visit places.

Others should give their own opinion o
Re: Share Your Experience:your First Few Days Abroad....how Was The Feeling Like by Nobody: 1:01am On Jul 23, 2015
delishpot:

Ok. Light is constant 24/7
security 90% on a good day unless person waka bad waka or just meet some pshyco on your eay
food is ok if you are not tied to home food aka native food. You could find naija kitchens if you are lucky or you buy from African shops.
Friends are easy to make in some places while some may be closed to outsiders until they can trust you. But its best if you make friends before going.
Social life is not bad. They like to drink and club at night and they like to visit places.

Others should give their own opinion o
yours is correct enough bro

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience:your First Few Days Abroad....how Was The Feeling Like by Lucasbalo(m): 6:30am On Jul 23, 2015
kanaleke:
I have not gone out of the country before but I always feel that it will really be strange the first few days you will spend in other countries....let's hear from you guys that have had the privilege of travelling outside the country.How was it like??Wet our appetites!!
Mine was a very, very long time ago. I was a wild eyed teenager leaving my parents for a Catholic college in Chicago. Got to Chicago and discovered that winter is not something to joke with. Headed straight to the waiting school van that took me to the school where my new life began. It's been a blast since then and I am all grateful to the Good man above and to my parents for their sacrifice.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience:your First Few Days Abroad....how Was The Feeling Like by yorubadelta(f): 7:20am On Jul 23, 2015
... felt out of my element.. wasn't used to seeing such impeccable roads and long stretches of greenery. Everywhere was so neat and beautiful but I was bored, cold and felt lonely..

My face saddened as I inhaled the crisp cold air of London ... and I loonged to return back to the chaotic streets of Lagos grin

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience:your First Few Days Abroad....how Was The Feeling Like by kanaleke(m): 8:32am On Jul 23, 2015
Lucasbalo:
Mine was a very, very long time ago. I was a wild eyed teenager leaving my parents for a Catholic college in Chicago. Got to Chicago and discovered that winter is not something to joke with. Headed straight to the waiting school van that took me to the school where jy new life began. It's been a blast since then and I am all grateful to the Good man above and to my parents for their sacrifice.
wow!...that's cool man.it's really fascinating to always hear about people over there.continue to have fun man while I prepare to join you guys someday.
Re: Share Your Experience:your First Few Days Abroad....how Was The Feeling Like by kanaleke(m): 8:34am On Jul 23, 2015
yorubadelta:
... felt out of my element.. wasn't used to seeing such impeccable roads and long stretches of greenery. Everywhere was so neat and beautiful but I was bored, cold and felt lonely..

My face saddened as I inhaled the crisp cold air of London ... and I loonged to return back to the chaotic streets of Lagos grin
awwww.....nice piece swt'*smiles*.I bet you getting use to it now?stay safe!.....let's hear from others na!!
Re: Share Your Experience:your First Few Days Abroad....how Was The Feeling Like by kanaleke(m): 8:38am On Jul 23, 2015
yorubadelta:

awwww.....now you made me went far with imagination.I bet you are enjoying there now?stay safe!...please let's hear from others na
Re: Share Your Experience:your First Few Days Abroad....how Was The Feeling Like by sanmibukunmi: 12:10pm On Jul 23, 2015
I have not left Nigeria before ( except to cotonu) but am already planning on how it will be when I am leaving....
Before I get on the plane, one the step before entering , am gonna take a selfie and caption it
Mo Lo Fun Yin o.....yorubas will know the meaning

And when I get there, immediately I get out of the plane, am gonna take another selfie and caption it Mo de si yin Lorun

Am gonna upload the pix on Facebook, Nairaland, twitter, instagram...emmm which one remain sef

The feeling will be awesome

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience:your First Few Days Abroad....how Was The Feeling Like by dridowu: 12:17pm On Jul 23, 2015
Okay
Re: Share Your Experience:your First Few Days Abroad....how Was The Feeling Like by 19naia(m): 2:30pm On Jul 23, 2015
For me it was exciting, i was looking down from the airplane window of Now defunct Nigerian Airways. Maybe it was their 747 on nonstop flight from New York to Lagos.
As i looked down from the window with my young mind, i was waiting to see the jungle and the wild chimps i longed to be friends with.
I sank into my first real experience with depression when i saw endless lines of yellow buses crawling what looked like extensive road ways among endless buildings. I was very young and Endless yellow buses had always meant endless transport to and from school in USA.

I was depressed at the sight and feared an endless regimen of schooling with all those school buses. But to my surprise, no such thing as school bus there, but school was an endless thing with classes after class and lessons after school and koboko after misbehaving and so on.

I later learned that the yellow buses crawling the streets of lagos like cockroaches, were Molue buses ready to take you any where or ready to run you down like a lost goat in the street. Which ever you come prepared for.
I managed to enjoy for a short while until the suffering began to grow with hefty dividends of lack and wanting for even basic things to survive by. After almost a decade of eternity, i managed to make it out of there thanks to my family finally coming to their battered senses.

I had been abroad before this trip, but i was much too young to remember, so i account for this the first trip i remember.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience:your First Few Days Abroad....how Was The Feeling Like by kanaleke(m): 3:04pm On Jul 23, 2015
19naia:
For me it was exciting, i was looking down from the airplane window of Now defunct Nigerian Airways. Maybe it was their 747 on nonstop flight from New York to Lagos.
As i looked down from the window with my young mind, i was waiting to see the jungle and the wild chimps i longed to be friends with.
I sank into my first real experience with depression when i saw endless lines of yellow buses crawling what looked like extensive road ways among endless buildings. I was very young and Endless yellow buses had always meant endless transport to and from school in USA.

I was depressed at the sight and feared an endless regimen of schooling with all those school buses. But to my surprise, no such thing as school bus there, but school was an endless thing with clasesses after class and lessons after school and koboko after misbehaving and so on.

I later learned that the yellow buses crawling the streets of lagos like cockroaches, were Molue buses ready to take you any where or ready to run you down like a lost goat in the street. Which ever you come prepared for.
I managed to enjoy for a short while until the suffering began to grow with hefty dividends of lack and wanting for even basic things to survive by. After almost a decade of eternity, i managed to make it out of there thanks to my family finally coming to their battered senses.

I had been abroad before this trip, but i was much too young to remember, so i account for this the first trip i remember.
Lol@yellow buses.....interesting piece up put up here.Gracia
Re: Share Your Experience:your First Few Days Abroad....how Was The Feeling Like by Marriott1980(m): 5:20pm On Jul 23, 2015
Ha...my first day here was when I just landed as a jjc in Atlanta airport. I was just looking around cos the airport was so big. I got lost cos I went to another gate instead of the one to take me to my final destination chicago. I finally got my gate and when I landed in Chicago it was very chilly and I was shivering like a fowl.
That night was d birthday of a Nigerian girl so I went to the all night party with my guy and even me know that I smell Nigeria at the party but it was nice hanging out with Nigerians in America.
I woke up the ff day to a very silent neighborhood different from the generator noise I was used to in lagos and cos my friend turned off the light in the house I thought nepa struck before I realised where I was *smh*
My first time in walmart was later in the day when I went to buy phone and seeing the roads and the buildings just made me have goose bumps.
I will never forget when we went to the club on Friday night and I drank 15 bottles of bud light lol...as omo naija we dey drink 5 to 8 bottles of stout for Nigeria. The bud light just be like water. Lol
Have a lot to write but I got to get back to work...will write more later

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience:your First Few Days Abroad....how Was The Feeling Like by kanaleke(m): 6:02pm On Jul 23, 2015
Marriott1980:
Ha...my first day here was when I just landed as a jjc in Atlanta airport. I was just looking around cos the airport was so big. I got lost cos I went to another gate instead of the one to take me to my final destination chicago. I finally got my gate and when I landed in Chicago it was very chilly and I was shivering like a fowl.
That night was d birthday of a Nigerian girl so I went to the all night party with my guy and even me know that I smell Nigeria at the party but it was nice hanging out with Nigerians in America.
I woke up the ff day to a very silent neighborhood different from the generator noise I was used to in lagos and cos my friend turned off the light in the house I thought nepa struck before I realised where I was *smh*
My first time in walmart was later in the day when I went to buy phone and seeing the roads and the buildings just made me have goose bumps.
I will never forget when we went to the club on Friday night and I drank 15 bottles of bud light lol...as omo naija we dey drink 5 to 8 bottles of stout for Nigeria. The bud light just be like water. Lol
Have a lot to write but I got to get back to work...will write more later
Marriott u jux made my evening with this....I can imagine the excitement and feeling particularly @ the party...thanks for droping by and hopefully you will gist more.safe!!
Re: Share Your Experience:your First Few Days Abroad....how Was The Feeling Like by MrFitness: 5:49pm On Jul 24, 2015
Helo there. Pls I need help on the cheapest air fair now from Lagos to Abuja. Anybody who is current should pls help a brother out, I need it urgently. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

This Message Is Going Viral By Africans In Dubai / Got Admission Into A Sweden University Gor January Admission,what Next,: / Food Items You Can Travel With From Nigeria To Europe, Most Especially Italy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.