Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

What Buahri Told Voice Of America(VOA) But, Never Said On CNN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Buahri Told Voice Of America(VOA) But, Never Said On CNN (37253 Views)

Change: Patrick Obahiagbon Lampooned APC, See What He Said On Twitter / After Watching Buhari On CNN, I Can't Stop Laughing / Nigerians Blast Fayose For Saying "Send Buahri Back To Daura Or Expect More Blun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Buahri Told Voice Of America(VOA) But, Never Said On CNN by BeeBeeOoh(m): 11:02am On Jul 23, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari was on Tuesday, July 21, interviewed by correspondent Peter Clottey of another respected US media, Voice of America.

During the conversation the Nigerian leader said that Boko Haram would be up and running by the end of July when the joint anti-Boko Haram force becomes operational.

“We have killed the commanders. Certain troops have been trained and the multinational joint task force, comprising of troops from Chad, Niger, Nigeria, Benin Republic, are being heard in the theater of operations, so really this is the practical and the realistic way the problem can be fixed.”

And as far as the operations start is concerned, presidential spokesman Femi Adesina said earlier that “July 21 has been picked as a date for that force to swing into action.”

Recall that speaking with CNN correspondent Christiane Amanpour Buhari, described the steps being taken to ensure security, without providing, however, details about when the terrorism could be put to an end.

VOA: Morale of your military force were a little down before you took power. You changed strategy moving some folks to the north to fight the insurgency. How sure are you that your plan will succeed, especially when Boko Haram have stepped up attacks with suicide bombings now?

Buhari: We have killed the commanders. Certain troops have been trained and the multinational joint task force, comprising of troops from Chad, Niger, Nigeria, Benin Republic, are being heard in the theater of operations, so really this is the practical and the realistic way the problem can be fixed.

VOA: Mr President, I will quote, you said: “Nigeria must first put new rules of conduct and governance in place.” How do you intend to implement that?

Buhari: What we intend to do is to insist that whatever institution do is constitutional. And what is not constitutional, must be properly explained. For example, this lifting… illegal lifting of crude. You can see that the humans were forged. And it is done sometimes, a lot of times, with the cooperation of members of the NNPC (Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation).

Certainly [Nigerian oil officials] can’t say they are loading Nigerian crude into an unknown unregistered ships, so there is a lot of disrespect for the laws of the country that had been taking place for more than 10 years and that shouldn’t frustrate us, or stop us from operating,” said Buhari, a former top oil industry executive.

We just draw our lines, we continue, but wherever we uncover that public funds has been siphoned, or crude has been stolen, we will trace it through the movements of the ships, through the accounts of people it went through,” he said. “This cannot be done overnight.

http://www.naij.com/495904-president-buhari-interviewed-by-voice-of-america.html

9 Likes

Re: What Buahri Told Voice Of America(VOA) But, Never Said On CNN by Nobody: 11:04am On Jul 23, 2015
thanks baba

keep dribbling them

now i know y we needed old and right thinking

16 Likes

Re: What Buahri Told Voice Of America(VOA) But, Never Said On CNN by Nobody: 11:05am On Jul 23, 2015
Do u expect him to repeat wen e never fail
Am rest assured he wnt fail us!

baba we trust you cool

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Buahri Told Voice Of America(VOA) But, Never Said On CNN by Dannyset(m): 11:07am On Jul 23, 2015
Ermmmm! He decided to handle Amapour differently and also take on VoA in a more comprehensive way.
Amapour could be very troublesome and probing.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Buahri Told Voice Of America(VOA) But, Never Said On CNN by Nobody: 11:10am On Jul 23, 2015
my love for GMB is inexplicable, buhari is just the perfect man for the job...

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Buahri Told Voice Of America(VOA) But, Never Said On CNN by BB013(m): 11:11am On Jul 23, 2015
Sh!t I just missed my third place it gets better

U just ve to love this man

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Buahri Told Voice Of America(VOA) But, Never Said On CNN by Nobody: 11:14am On Jul 23, 2015
o

1 Like

Re: What Buahri Told Voice Of America(VOA) But, Never Said On CNN by kamair237(m): 11:20am On Jul 23, 2015
this man gives us hope....
PMB for life...

28 Likes

Re: What Buahri Told Voice Of America(VOA) But, Never Said On CNN by Nobody: 11:28am On Jul 23, 2015
Pdp has ruined this country in no little ways. Only if buhari had been our president in between 2003 - 2011. WE HOPE STILL

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Buahri Told Voice Of America(VOA) But, Never Said On CNN by Bonapart(m): 11:35am On Jul 23, 2015
Re: What Buahri Told Voice Of America(VOA) But, Never Said On CNN by tociano009(m): 11:35am On Jul 23, 2015
K
Re: What Buahri Told Voice Of America(VOA) But, Never Said On CNN by ultrazone2(m): 11:36am On Jul 23, 2015
ppiuyg

1 Like

Re: What Buahri Told Voice Of America(VOA) But, Never Said On CNN by Nobody: 11:36am On Jul 23, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: What Buahri Told Voice Of America(VOA) But, Never Said On CNN by Bonapart(m): 11:36am On Jul 23, 2015
jayfolarin:
Pdp has ruined this country in no little ways. Only if buhari had been our president in between 2003 - 2011. WE HOPE STILL
when a foolish man is talking

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Buahri Told Voice Of America(VOA) But, Never Said On CNN by ochallo: 11:37am On Jul 23, 2015
I thought this buhari man is a former general, so why all of a sudden has he now become a talkative.This administration has talked and talked, posted messages on social media, blamed the former administration for everything and yet have not done anything, other than waste our money to go to America, which the former administration has already done.

I know i didn't want GEJ to continue because although he had good intentions, he was obviously weak to control the affairs of the country, but i was skeptical to the high heavens about this baba one chance and his cohorts of greedy politicians and so far, he has done nothing but prove he has no direction. He had better do something fast before the change in government benefits that we are seeing end completely.

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Buahri Told Voice Of America(VOA) But, Never Said On CNN by thefakestan: 11:37am On Jul 23, 2015
I'll say smth, wait.
Re: What Buahri Told Voice Of America(VOA) But, Never Said On CNN by aminho(m): 11:37am On Jul 23, 2015
That's my commander in chief and president nothing dp you baba you lead we follow

5 Likes

Re: What Buahri Told Voice Of America(VOA) But, Never Said On CNN by Nobody: 11:37am On Jul 23, 2015
The man get memory loss.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Buahri Told Voice Of America(VOA) But, Never Said On CNN by Nobody: 11:37am On Jul 23, 2015
.....Hmmmmmmm...Just liking this man the more cool

saTANoids, how market? tongue

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Buahri Told Voice Of America(VOA) But, Never Said On CNN by poiZon: 11:37am On Jul 23, 2015
Isoryt
Cant even see what he said, abeg wetin daura du ll ar do say to his teaming zooerians?

3 Likes

Re: What Buahri Told Voice Of America(VOA) But, Never Said On CNN by vecman22(m): 11:37am On Jul 23, 2015
GEJ is a common thief.. dasuki

8 Likes

Re: What Buahri Told Voice Of America(VOA) But, Never Said On CNN by Omotayor123(f): 11:38am On Jul 23, 2015
Aluta continua..........

Baba is working.

4 Likes

Re: What Buahri Told Voice Of America(VOA) But, Never Said On CNN by candidbabe(f): 11:38am On Jul 23, 2015
So the disrespect to the laws of the country is dated to ten
years back? GEJ 'S time.
What about twenty years back during the time of IBB and
ABDULSALAMI ABUBAKAR?
BUHARIIIII God will judge you

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Buahri Told Voice Of America(VOA) But, Never Said On CNN by phlio(m): 11:38am On Jul 23, 2015
so happy Mr president

3 Likes

Re: What Buahri Told Voice Of America(VOA) But, Never Said On CNN by toxiflam: 11:38am On Jul 23, 2015
Great speech but to what end. After expending billions on trip to US, no concrete assurance on the collaboration to fight Bokoharam.
Even buhari and his guys failed to perform feasibility study.

2 Likes

Re: What Buahri Told Voice Of America(VOA) But, Never Said On CNN by jejemanito: 11:38am On Jul 23, 2015
jayfolarin:
Sometimes you just need to shut up

6 Likes

Re: What Buahri Told Voice Of America(VOA) But, Never Said On CNN by PassingShot(m): 11:38am On Jul 23, 2015
Only naive people will fail to understand that the increase in suicide bombings is a clear sign of defeat/frustration on the part of Boko Haram. And by God's Grace those will stop too, soon.

Imagine how GEJ supervised looting and stealing of Nigeria wealth! No wonder the drunk was shouting "don't probe only my administration". He's a useless goat.

ochallo:
I thought this buhari man is a former general, so why all of a sudden, he has now become a talkactive.
Would you have preferred he kept quiet when asked questions? Or to give dumb answers just like the drunk from Otuoke?

Dannyset:
Ermmmm! He decided to handle Amapour differently and also take on VoA in a more comprehensive way. Amapour could be very troublesome and probing.
No one can answer even same questions exactly same way when repeated.

13 Likes

Re: What Buahri Told Voice Of America(VOA) But, Never Said On CNN by Nobody: 11:38am On Jul 23, 2015
mtchew

3 Likes

Re: What Buahri Told Voice Of America(VOA) But, Never Said On CNN by joelenesleek(f): 11:39am On Jul 23, 2015
Space

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

‘ Why There Is Improved Power Supply’ - Acting MD YEDC / I Can’t See Anything, I Can’t Read, Graduate Tells Akwa Ibom Tribunal / Port Harcourt Pleasure Park To Be Commissioned Tomorrow (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.