Stats: 3,150,327 members, 7,808,099 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

The 27 Highest-paying Jobs That Doesn’t Require A University Degree - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The 27 Highest-paying Jobs That Doesn’t Require A University Degree (9721 Views)

The 10 Highest-paying Jobs You Can Get With A Bachelor's Degree / 9 Jobs In Nigeria That Dont Require A University Degree / Top 6 Future Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

The 27 Highest-paying Jobs That Doesn’t Require A University Degree by JAZES(m): 12:08pm On Jul 23, 2015
Don’t have the time or money to get a bachelor’s degree? Don’t fret.
There are plenty of high-paying jobs that only require a two-year associate’s degree or just a high school diploma.

According to the latest data from the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, these are the 27 highest-paying jobs that you don’t need a four-year degree to pursue.

Each has a median annual salary of at least $60,000. We have compiled the list

from the highest paying to the least paying:

1. Air traffic controllers
Description: Monitor and direct the movement of aircraft. Median annual wages of air traffic controllers are the highest of any occupation in which workers typically do not need a bachelor’s degree.

Median annual wage (2012): $122,530

Education required: Associate’s degree

Projected job openings (through 2022): 11,400

On-the-job training: Long-term on-the-job training

2. Radiation therapists
Description: Check equipment, observe patients reactions to treatment, and document the session.

Median annual wage (2012): $77,560

Projected job openings (through 2022): 8,400

On-the-job training: None

3. Elevator installers and repairers
Description: Assemble, install, repair, or maintain electric or hydraulic freight or passenger elevators, escalators, or dumbwaiters.

Median annual wage (2012): $76,650

Education required: High school diploma or equivalent

Projected job openings (through 2022): 8,000

On-the-job training: Apprenticeship

http://onlineleaks.com/the-27-highest-paying-jobs-that-doesnt-require-a-university-degree/

cc: lalasticlala ( someone might need this)

Re: The 27 Highest-paying Jobs That Doesn’t Require A University Degree by JAZES(m): 12:14pm On Jul 23, 2015
4. Nuclear power reactor operators
Description: Operate or control nuclear reactors. Move control rods, start and stop equipment, monitor and adjust controls, and record data in logs. Implement emergency procedures when needed.

Median annual wage (2012): $74,990

Projected job openings (through 2022): 2,300

5. Detectives and criminal investigators

Description: Conduct investigations related to suspected violations of Federal, State, or local laws to prevent or solve crimes.

Projected job openings (through 2022): 27,700

On-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training

6. Commercial pilots

Description: Pilot and navigate the flight of fixed-wing aircraft on nonscheduled air carrier routes, or helicopters. Requires Commercial Pilot certificate.

Median annual wage (2012): $73,280

Projected job openings (through 2022): 14,400

On-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training

7. Power distributors and dispatchers

Description: Coordinate, regulate, or distribute electricity or steam.

Median annual wage (2012): $71,690

Projected job openings (through 2022): 3,600

Re: The 27 Highest-paying Jobs That Doesn’t Require A University Degree by kelvine(m): 12:26pm On Jul 23, 2015
In Nigeria,you are better considered with your certificate except you have unusual connections.

Re: The 27 Highest-paying Jobs That Doesn’t Require A University Degree by whirlwind7(m): 12:32pm On Jul 23, 2015
Sorry, apart from some of them, many of these jobs don't exist in Nigeria.

Nuclear power reactor operators?
Radiation therapists?

For the those job descriptions that can be found here, you'll need more than a masters degree to get interviewed for the job.
Actually, that's no guarantee: You need "long legs"

Re: The 27 Highest-paying Jobs That Doesn’t Require A University Degree by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jul 23, 2015
kelvine:
In Nigeria,you are better considered with your certificate except you have unusual connections.

They might even ask you for a masters degree if these jobs get to Nigeria.

Re: The 27 Highest-paying Jobs That Doesn’t Require A University Degree by jashar(f): 12:40pm On Jul 23, 2015
For this Naija where we dey, I sincerely doubt it.

Those jobs would require a degree holder, Msc, would be an added advantage.
MUST be a member of a relevant professional body.
Must have 5-10 years cognitive experience
Age range should be below 25
God help us.

grin cheesy

22 Likes

Re: The 27 Highest-paying Jobs That Doesn’t Require A University Degree by JAZES(m): 12:43pm On Jul 23, 2015
jashar:

God help us.

Not totally true ma...... cool cool cool
Re: The 27 Highest-paying Jobs That Doesn’t Require A University Degree by Pamelayoung: 1:00pm On Jul 23, 2015
Not in Nigeria
Re: The 27 Highest-paying Jobs That Doesn’t Require A University Degree by iamrealdeji(m): 1:30pm On Jul 23, 2015
kennygee:

They might even ask you for a masters degree if these jobs get to Nigeria.
just to drop as many people as they can
Re: The 27 Highest-paying Jobs That Doesn’t Require A University Degree by SirLegal(m): 1:58pm On Jul 23, 2015
At Mr. OP, it would be certainly nice if our country will give this type of jobs without minding the qualifications of Applicants. But in Naija today, every employer asks for qualifications and experience.

Another argument i have with this nice write up is the annual wages.
Am i really seeing right..... $122,530 for air traffic controllers?? In NIGERIA No, i don't think so. You just OVER-HYPED everything.

ANYWAYS NICE RESEARCH.
Re: The 27 Highest-paying Jobs That Doesn’t Require A University Degree by JAZES(m): 2:03pm On Jul 23, 2015
SirLegal:
At Mr. OP, it would be certainly nice if our country will give this type of jobs without minding the qualifications of Applicants. But in Naija today, every employer asks for qualifications and experience.

Another argument i have with this nice write up is the annual wages.
Am i really seeing right..... $122,530 for air traffic controllers?? In NIGERIA No, i don't think so. You just OVER-HYPED everything.

ANYWAYS NICE RESEARCH.

I have no reason for over hyping it my brother, just check d bureau of labour statitics websites USA

Re: The 27 Highest-paying Jobs That Doesn’t Require A University Degree by JAZES(m): 2:04pm On Jul 23, 2015
Meanwhile, can lala help us put this on the front page.
It might someone who is travelling to the states to know which diploma course he or she can go for
when they get there.
I know if its tonto dikeh open her tummy now, e for don make front page
Re: The 27 Highest-paying Jobs That Doesn’t Require A University Degree by SirLegal(m): 2:08pm On Jul 23, 2015
JAZES:

I have no reason for over hyping it my brother, just check d bureau of labour statitics websites USA

I thought as much. That should stand in the already developed countries and not in a developing country like Nigeria where some families live on $5 a day for survival.
Re: The 27 Highest-paying Jobs That Doesn’t Require A University Degree by JAZES(m): 2:15pm On Jul 23, 2015
8. Dental hygienists

Description: Clean teeth, examine patients for oral diseases like gingivitis, and provide other preventative dental care.

Median annual wage (2012): $70,210

Projected job openings (through 2022): 113,500

9. Nuclear medicine technologists

Description: Use a scanner to create images of various areas of a patient’s body. They prepare radioactive drugs and administer them to patients undergoing the scans.

Median annual wage (2012): $70,180

Projected job openings (through 2022): 7,200

10. First-line supervisors of non-retail sales workers

Description: Directly supervise and coordinate activities of sales workers other than retail sales workers.

Median annual wage (2012): $70,060

Projected job openings (through 2022): 50,300

11. Farmers, ranchers, and other agricultural managers

Description: Plan, direct, or coordinate the management or operation of farms, ranches, greenhouses, aquacultural operations, nurseries, timber tracts, or other agricultural establishments.

Median annual wage (2012): $69,300

Projected job openings (through 2022): 150,200

Re: The 27 Highest-paying Jobs That Doesn’t Require A University Degree by JAZES(m): 2:20pm On Jul 23, 2015
SirLegal:

I thought as much. That should stand in the already developed countries and not in a developing country like Nigeria where some families live on $5 a day for survival.

I need us all to understand that its not only Nigerians that view this site, there Non-Nigerians and Nigerians living abroad
checking this website. Some of them might just need info such as this and there are also Nigerians travelling abroad looking for what
to do or study to get a job, you never can tell how far information can travel.

Re: The 27 Highest-paying Jobs That Doesn’t Require A University Degree by jashar(f): 4:33pm On Jul 23, 2015
JAZES:

Not totally true ma...... cool cool cool

grin my dear, no mind me. Me just dey joke. cheesy
Re: The 27 Highest-paying Jobs That Doesn’t Require A University Degree by Dahveydson(m): 6:14pm On Jul 23, 2015
Not everything applies to Nigeria.
Re: The 27 Highest-paying Jobs That Doesn’t Require A University Degree by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jul 23, 2015
though i didnt open the link but i belive going into 1. Music 2. Modelling 3. Sports Are also good without a degree
Re: The 27 Highest-paying Jobs That Doesn’t Require A University Degree by Shortyy(f): 7:44pm On Jul 23, 2015
That's for those in the US of A
Re: The 27 Highest-paying Jobs That Doesn’t Require A University Degree by matingo(f): 9:17pm On Jul 23, 2015
All ds can work in America but not Naija, 4 here u nd ur cert for everything even to apply as a sales girl in a small shop

Re: The 27 Highest-paying Jobs That Doesn’t Require A University Degree by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jul 23, 2015
is that all
Re: The 27 Highest-paying Jobs That Doesn’t Require A University Degree by jasper83: 9:25pm On Jul 23, 2015
Seriously a bus conductor!!! Sounds weird abi, it requires no degree but lot of Money to be made here in Lagos with 10-12 hours hussle 6000-7000 naira must drop Ni grin grin.
Re: The 27 Highest-paying Jobs That Doesn’t Require A University Degree by jasper83: 9:26pm On Jul 23, 2015
Seriously a bus conductor!!! Sounds weird abi, it requires no degree but lot of Money to be made here in Lagos with 10-12 hours hussle 6000-7000 naira must drop Ni grin grin.

Talking from experience....
Re: The 27 Highest-paying Jobs That Doesn’t Require A University Degree by sunkyrazzy(m): 9:53pm On Jul 23, 2015
Where all this jobs cum dey??
Re: The 27 Highest-paying Jobs That Doesn’t Require A University Degree by lepasharon(f): 9:59pm On Jul 23, 2015
Dammit ! I knew I should have been a detective !
Re: The 27 Highest-paying Jobs That Doesn’t Require A University Degree by Whobedatte(m): 10:00pm On Jul 23, 2015
I was dumbfounded, few years ago when Mr stan came from India and showed us his pay slip
N300k/monthly salary, official car, nice apartment at omole and other emoluments
This s someone who couldn't speak English, who never went to high school, started as an apprentice in a print shop in India which he didn't even complete before coming to Nigeria.
Other guy who runs same shift is being paid 70k, nothing more and we have to even train him on the machine before he could singlehandedly handle it
Nigeria's problem is massive such that only a thinking, 21T century, intellectually oriented leader can fix.
Until we begin revamping our technical colleges, stop the uneven distribution of income, seeing artisans as an integral part of economic development and not as never do wells, we will till eternity become an underdeveloped nation
70% or more of people who went or are still going to higher higher institutions here do not have any business there. Some r better of with a skill after their high school

Indians r now competing with heidelberg of Germany in creating the fstest, efficient print machines. Most of these guys r skilled technicians/artisans
Latest print presses now r being manufactured in india
DGM440
DGM 430
KOMORI
CITYLINE WEB OFFSET and many more while we continuing producing degree holders that r not really efficient in the real world

Re: The 27 Highest-paying Jobs That Doesn’t Require A University Degree by pomporiking: 10:39pm On Jul 23, 2015
I don't see the difference cos ur still gonna work as hard as those who have the degree before getting some of this jobs
Re: The 27 Highest-paying Jobs That Doesn’t Require A University Degree by honestpoju: 10:42pm On Jul 23, 2015
I feel you guys. All these jobs listed here, are real but in abroad not here in Nigeria. So if you wana join that race to work abroad. Its probably your best option. Meanwhile, 2 years work permit available for those that want to work in Australia GUARANTEED. Accommodation provided and you get to earn a VERY ATTRACTIVE SALARY. Live your dreams and seize the opportunity while its hot. Contact me if you interested or know someone who is....
And i quote again it is 100% guaranteed and reasonably affordable i can be reached on 07032088131....Kenny

And when you call, kindly refer to Nairaland is where you got my number.

Thank you and God bless us all
Re: The 27 Highest-paying Jobs That Doesn’t Require A University Degree by stan4b(m): 1:34am On Jul 24, 2015
Is dis article meant for nigerians or US? @op
Re: The 27 Highest-paying Jobs That Doesn’t Require A University Degree by lonelydora: 6:53am On Jul 24, 2015
Hmm
Re: The 27 Highest-paying Jobs That Doesn’t Require A University Degree by LaRoyalHighness(f): 7:06am On Jul 24, 2015
Nah lie
Re: The 27 Highest-paying Jobs That Doesn’t Require A University Degree by sunkoye: 7:29am On Jul 24, 2015
jashar:

God help us.

grin cheesy

if you dont have above qualifications. ...then they turn to expertriate from devloped countries with only college or A level qualification cheesy

First Bank/insourcing Ltd. Calling For Induction / Ever Gotten A Job Through Facebook Jobs / Globacom Test: What To Expect?