Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,702 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:24 PM

Sir What Is Different Between Programmer And Non-programmer? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Sir What Is Different Between Programmer And Non-programmer? (1553 Views)

My New Start Up, Life As A Programmer And Testimony. / If You Have Passion For OOP Is Different To You Want To Learn Or Know OOP / Difference Between A Programmer And A Web Developer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sir What Is Different Between Programmer And Non-programmer? by doyen(m): 12:41pm On Sep 26, 2006
Can some bail me out from this confussion,because i was always confused about the subject of matter.Who are the programmers? and Who are the non-programmers.I want compare and contract.And i will be very happy if i can be help out from this.Pls One Mr Seun,actually i don't know you but i quite believe that you are the brain behind nairaland,pls i need solution this topic sir.
Thanks.
Re: Sir What Is Different Between Programmer And Non-programmer? by Bossman(m): 5:13pm On Sep 26, 2006
What is it that you can't understand between a programmer and non-programmer? Am I missing something here?
Re: Sir What Is Different Between Programmer And Non-programmer? by doyen(m): 6:14pm On Sep 26, 2006
But I thought that I said that I,m a beginner in my topic.Why are u answering me like that my man?.This thing is not a matter of shame or not.I,m an ingnorant of what i dont know,you hear me so.Pls can reasonable person reason with and help me out?
Re: Sir What Is Different Between Programmer And Non-programmer? by stannesi(m): 10:31pm On Sep 26, 2006
dude, dats a funny quesntion, check wats d word "non" in ur dict., ok let me see if i9 can help u out.\
"A non-programmer is someone like u askin such a questn and a programmer are does who give u opportunity to use ur computer and ask such a question "WHY Don't u type dat on GOOGLE"
Re: Sir What Is Different Between Programmer And Non-programmer? by Bossman(m): 11:30pm On Sep 26, 2006
This is basic english. non means not! As posted, try google or the dictionary for more info.
Re: Sir What Is Different Between Programmer And Non-programmer? by Ogisosoft(m): 10:24am On Sep 27, 2006
Programming means giving computer an instruction to carry out.

Those poeple that gives the computer that instruction are the "programmers" example ogisosoft that is my company name,we develop computer instructions(programs) while you are "non programmer" because as you are now you cannot ask computer to find the Area of a given triangle.

thanks
ogisodynasty@yahoo.com
Re: Sir What Is Different Between Programmer And Non-programmer? by c0dec(m): 10:25pm On Sep 27, 2006
There are only 10 types of people in this world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Re: Sir What Is Different Between Programmer And Non-programmer? by naijafan(m): 11:24am On Sep 29, 2006
stannesi:

dude, that is a funny quesntion, check wats d word "non" in your dict., ok let me see if i9 can help u out.\
"A non-programmer is someone like u askin such a questn and a programmer are does who give u opportunity to use your computer and ask such a question "WHY Don't u type that on GOOGLE"
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Fancy asking what's the difference between a nigerian and a non-nigerian!!!

@doyen
This isnt ignorance. Try explaining yourself, except of course you just started this thread so it'll be on record that you once did! And guess what?! I just realised i havent started any!
Re: Sir What Is Different Between Programmer And Non-programmer? by sbucareer(f): 1:10am On Sep 30, 2006
[size=14pt]
Here is a reference to your question. Who is a programmer. Non-programmer is the opposite of programmer.
[/size]
Re: Sir What Is Different Between Programmer And Non-programmer? by qleyo(f): 7:30pm On Sep 30, 2006
My God, Levels of incompetence set new heights on a daily basis.

Or do you mean like web developers (HTML etc) and programmers (Java, C etc). I mean I accept english is not our first language but come on.
Whats the difference between a smoker and a non-smoker? One smokes one does not. Same applies to programmers and non-programmers, or a banker and a non-banker (in reality there is no such thing as a non-programmer or non-banker because its a skill, painter/non-painter, plumber/non-plumber wrong wrong wrong)

There is no such thing as non-programmer
Re: Sir What Is Different Between Programmer And Non-programmer? by sbucareer(f): 1:35am On Oct 01, 2006

Gleyo I agree with you but lets pardon him for now because in Igbo language there is a saying that says "A lost man can never get more lost by asking question" Remember you are here because I am ubuntu.
Re: Sir What Is Different Between Programmer And Non-programmer? by meywd: 3:36pm On Oct 01, 2006
there is a difference but it is not noticed as early as it should be, however this article shows that difference
http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/archives/000635.html
Re: Sir What Is Different Between Programmer And Non-programmer? by alexis(m): 3:56pm On Oct 01, 2006
doyen,

sbucareer answered your question. Tell me if I am wrong but I reckon you want to know the difference between a computer programmer and a person that doesn't know how to program with a computer using a computer language?

Computer Programmers - Computer programmers write, test, and maintain the detailed instructions, called programs, that computers must follow to perform their functions. Programmers also conceive, design, and test logical structures for solving problems by computer.

Non Computer Programmers - People that can't do what computer programmer do

Hope that helps.
Re: Sir What Is Different Between Programmer And Non-programmer? by naijafan(m): 10:50am On Oct 03, 2006
how are we even sure doyen is reading all these? let's not get our brains racking and our fingers typing cos of someone who doesnt even need an answer.
Re: Sir What Is Different Between Programmer And Non-programmer? by doyen(m): 3:44pm On Jul 15, 2008
Naijafan,
I thanks all those that responded both negative and positive to my question. I,m now understand it all, thanks once again.
Re: Sir What Is Different Between Programmer And Non-programmer? by sbucareer(f): 4:16pm On Jul 15, 2008
doyen:
non-programmers.I want compare and contract.And i will be very happy if i can be help out from this.Please One Mr Seun,actually i don't know you but i quite believe that you are the brain behind nairaland,please i need solution this topic sir.
Thanks.

It took you nearly two years to understand it.
Re: Sir What Is Different Between Programmer And Non-programmer? by malone5923(m): 8:13pm On Jul 15, 2008
It took you nearly two years to understand it.
This guy is so funny, 2 years to reply a post probably the guy is a grandpa with a snail shaped hand so it will take more than 6 months to type 10 characters like S(takes 2weeks) L(4 months) O(1 month) W(1 week).
Re: Sir What Is Different Between Programmer And Non-programmer? by Bossman(m): 10:31pm On Jul 15, 2008
lol!
Re: Sir What Is Different Between Programmer And Non-programmer? by malone5923(m): 10:51pm On Jul 15, 2008
what does 'lol' mean
Re: Sir What Is Different Between Programmer And Non-programmer? by Bossman(m): 10:53pm On Jul 15, 2008
LOL = Laugh Out Loud

malone5923:

what does 'lol' mean
Re: Sir What Is Different Between Programmer And Non-programmer? by malone5923(m): 11:24pm On Jul 15, 2008
;DWith what this poster did and with the reason for even starting this topic it should be more than lol it should be atsro numeric multiplication of lol. I am guessing his reply will take 10 more years let us all wait, who knows I might be married then with kids and then show my kids saying look the slowest typer in the world cheesy.
Re: Sir What Is Different Between Programmer And Non-programmer? by doyen(m): 2:53pm On Jul 16, 2008
ohhhhhhhhh monage5,
All what I wanted to know, I have known it, if I slow in replying you guys doesn't mean that, I,m missing in action. I,m regular and I,m using this opportunity to wish Seun the brain behind this programme, more grease to ur elbow.

(1) (Reply)

Java Programming - To Learn / How To Convert A Python File (.py) To Exe (.exe) / Learn How To Build Modern UI With Java (desktop App)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.