Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,204 members, 7,807,687 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:29 PM

20 Facts About Ijebu's - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 20 Facts About Ijebu's (6518 Views)

Sikiru Adetona, Awujale Of Ijebu Is Dead / Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure / Mysteries About IJEBU IGBO As A Town! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

20 Facts About Ijebu's by Holyfield1(m): 3:28pm On Jul 23, 2015
1) Ijebu's were the first people to have contact with Europeans in 14th Century.

2. Ijebu's were the first to be educated by western education.

3. Ijebu is the largest Ethnic group in Nigeria.

4. First people to manufacture gear of wars in history of Nigeria.

5. First people to contend the slavery extortion in the region.

6. The first people to invent money made from Cowry shell, later made Coin called PANADORA
which was acceptable through Africa and Europe.

7. Ijebu is the only tribe in Nigeria that has its origin from bible days.

8. According to the Biblical account; the Jebusites were a Canaanite tribe who inhabited and build Jerusalem prior to its conquest by king David.

9. Ijebu was the first indigenous CLERK to European missionaries.

10. The Europeans Observers found them more intelligent than the other groups in Nigeria.

11. When Oduduwa was blind, Ijebu king (fifth Awujale) was the one to provide remedy to restore the sight.

12. Ijebu known for Sociability, Integrity and Handwork.

13. Ijebu was the one to raise agitation from emancipation from Colonialism.

14. Ijebu king (Orimolusi) was the second Oba appointed by Colonial master for London Conference in 1957 to negotiate independence.

15. Chief Obafemi Awolowo was the first individual in the modern era to be named leader of the Yoruba's ( Asiwaju Omo Oodua)

16. The richest black woman in the world, Mrs Folorunsho Alakija is an Ijebu woman.

17. Ijebu man was the first to play in English premier league in early 60.

18. Ijebu famous with Egungun festival, Agemo festival, Ileya festival, e.t.c.

19. Mike Adenuga, an Ijebu man was first Nigerian to single highhandedly own oil mining
and telecommunication ( GLO).

20. Ijebu man was first musician to perform outside the shore of Nigeria.
What a Great National!
The regional capital is Ijebu- Ode.
The commercial capital is Sagamu.
The spiritual capital is Ijebu - Igbo.
I'm proud to be an Ijebu Guy!!!
GREAT IJEBUITES!!!

cc: lalasticlala ishilove

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20 Facts About Ijebu's by Holyfield1(m): 3:29pm On Jul 23, 2015
How many likes for the IJEBUS

3 Likes

Re: 20 Facts About Ijebu's by BeeBeeOoh(m): 3:30pm On Jul 23, 2015
Adon ciyam

1 Like

Re: 20 Facts About Ijebu's by nicerichard05: 3:38pm On Jul 23, 2015
Anyway today is my Birthday can i get 1000like

1 Like

Re: 20 Facts About Ijebu's by michaelwilli(m): 4:02pm On Jul 23, 2015
Ijebu's are philanthropists opposed to what other people say
Ijebu's are very hardworking people
Ijebu's are so attached to their families

2 Likes

Re: 20 Facts About Ijebu's by Nwaiberibe: 4:09pm On Jul 23, 2015
Ok, no hate or argument, just a question. Where is Ijebu mentioned in the bible? I must have missed it undecided
Re: 20 Facts About Ijebu's by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jul 23, 2015
Nwaiberibe:
Ok, no hate or argument, just a question. Where is Ijebu mentioned in the bible? I must have missed it undecided

Jebusites. Are you surprised? cheesy cheesy

Nwaiberibe:
8. According to the Biblical account; the Jebusites were a Canaanite tribe who inhabited and build Jerusalem prior to its conquest by king David.

2 Likes

Re: 20 Facts About Ijebu's by chokovirus: 5:32pm On Jul 23, 2015
nicerichard05:

ijebus are very shrewd business people who hate wastage. im not sure if they will be willing to waste any likes.

5 Likes

Re: 20 Facts About Ijebu's by chokovirus: 5:32pm On Jul 23, 2015
nicerichard05:

ijebus are very shrewd business people who hate wastage. im not sure if they will be willing to waste any likes. grin
Re: 20 Facts About Ijebu's by Funjosh(m): 6:51pm On Jul 23, 2015
Ijebu Oda, Ijesa Osunwon lipsrsealed
Re: 20 Facts About Ijebu's by macof(m): 11:47pm On Jul 23, 2015
Newcreature07:

Jebusites. Are you surprised? cheesy cheesy

Jebusites are not ijebu

1 Like

Re: 20 Facts About Ijebu's by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jul 23, 2015
macof:

Jebusites are not ijebu

Note. No one said Jebusites ARE Ijebu. We said Ijebus are offsprings of the Jebusites.

Kapich?
Re: 20 Facts About Ijebu's by macof(m): 12:20am On Jul 24, 2015
Newcreature07:

Note. No one said Jebusites ARE Ijebu. We said Ijebus are offsprings of the Jebusites.

Kapich?

Neither are ijebu offsprings of Jebusites

2 Likes

Re: 20 Facts About Ijebu's by Nobody: 1:18am On Jul 24, 2015
macof:

Neither are ijebu offsprings of Jebusites

Lol!

Bro, these folks nor go kill person. I wonder why they must seek validation from a mythical book. Same way some christian con-folks claimed Ile-Ife was 'Nineveh' cheesy

1 Like

Re: 20 Facts About Ijebu's by tpiadotcom: 1:45am On Jul 24, 2015
^is this post of yours necessary?
Re: 20 Facts About Ijebu's by Nobody: 2:41am On Jul 24, 2015
Holyfield1:
1) Ijebu's were the first people to have contact with Europeans in 14th Century.

2. Ijebu's were the first to be educated by western education.

3. Ijebu is the largest Ethnic group in Nigeria.

4. First people to manufacture gear of wars in history of Nigeria.

5. First people to contend the slavery extortion in the region.

6. The first people to invent money made from Cowry shell, later made Coin called PANADORA
which was acceptable through Africa and Europe.

7. Ijebu is the only tribe in Nigeria that has its origin from bible days.

9. Ijebu was the first indigenous CLERK to European missionaries.

10. The Europeans Observers found them more intelligent than the other groups in Nigeria.

11. When Oduduwa was blind, Ijebu king (fifth Awujale) was the one to provide remedy to restore the sight.

12. Ijebu known for Sociability, Integrity and Handwork.

13. Ijebu was the one to raise agitation from emancipation from Colonialism.

14. Ijebu king (Orimolusi) was the second Oba appointed by Colonial master for London Conference in 1957 to negotiate independence.

15. Chief Obafemi Awolowo was the first individual in the modern era to be named leader of the Yoruba's ( Asiwaju Omo Oodua)

16. The richest black woman in the world, Mrs Folorunsho Alakija is an Ijebu woman.

17. Ijebu man was the first to play in English premier league in early 60.

18. Ijebu famous with Egungun festival, Agemo festival, Ileya festival, e.t.c.

19. Mike Adenuga, an Ijebu man was first Nigerian to single highhandedly own oil mining
and telecommunication ( GLO).

20. Ijebu man was first musician to perform outside the shore of Nigeria.
What a Great National!
The regional capital is Ijebu- Ode.
The commercial capital is Sagamu.
The spiritual capital is Ijebu - Igbo.
I'm proud to be an Ijebu Guy!!!
GREAT IJEBUITES!!!

cc: lalasticlala ishilove

-Stop this your jebusite nonsense! that's typical of *b*s

-Ijebu is not the largest ethnic group! Ijebus are not larger than Yorubas, Igbos or Hausas

-Awolowo was not ijebu, he was remo from ikenne

-The first Nigerian to play in the premier league is Efan ekoku

Bottom line is the chest beating is unneccessary

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20 Facts About Ijebu's by macof(m): 7:49am On Jul 24, 2015
9jacrip:

Lol!

Bro, these folks nor go kill person. I wonder why they must seek validation from a mythical book. Same way some christian con-folks claimed Ile-Ife was 'Nineveh' cheesy

gringrin this is just the side effects of these religions on our people

But really it's a serious matter
Re: 20 Facts About Ijebu's by Nobody: 10:20am On Jul 24, 2015
macof:

gringrin this is just the side effects of these religions on our people

But really it's a serious matter

Indeed it is.

When I think about the colonialists/missionaries, I shake my head because they did a damn good job.

They took the slave trade and chains of slavery away but reached for the minds of black women and men - perpetual enslavement.

1 Like

Re: 20 Facts About Ijebu's by Holyfield1(m): 10:17pm On Jul 24, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

-Stop this your jebusite nonsense! that's typical of *b*s

-ijebu is not the largest ethnic group! Ijebus are not larger than Yorubas, Igbos or Hausas

-Awolowo was not ijebu, he was remo from ikenne

-There's no evidence folorunso alakija is from ijebu

-The first Nigerian to play in the premier league is Efan ekoku

Bottom line is the chest beating is unneccessary
Fool, can't u just get sense for once..I am Ijebu,Ilisan which is just a 50 naira bike to Ikenne.....''ijebu is not the largest ethnic group! Ijebus are not larger than Yorubas, Igbos or Hausas''...What is the difference btwn Ijebu and Yoruba....RIYE abi wat is this one saying
Re: 20 Facts About Ijebu's by Nobody: 12:11am On Jul 25, 2015
Holyfield1:
Fool, can't u just get sense for once..I am Ijebu,Ilisan which is just a 50 naira bike to Ikenne.....''ijebu is not the largest ethnic group! Ijebus are not larger than Yorubas, Igbos or Hausas''...What is the difference btwn Ijebu and Yoruba....RIYE abi wat is this one saying

Stfu! kneegrow . ilisan is remo not ijebu. there are 33 remo towns. ilisan and ikenne are one of them thief! so because ilisan is close to ijebu in distance makes it ijebu right? if ijebu is the largest ethnic group in nigeria then why categorize it under yoruba again. is yoruba not an ethnic group? and monkey know your history. ijebu is different from yoruba. Ask your foolish king.
Re: 20 Facts About Ijebu's by tawa89(f): 1:15am On Jul 25, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Stfu! kneegrow . ilisan is remo not ijebu. there are 33 remo towns. ilisan and ikenne are one of them thief! so because ilisan is close to ijebu in distance makes it ijebu right? if ijebu is the largest ethnic group in nigeria then why categorize it under yoruba again. is yoruba not an ethnic group? and monkey know your history. ijebu is different from yoruba. Ask your foolish king.
What? Where's Shymmex to straighten this guy out??
Re: 20 Facts About Ijebu's by Nobody: 2:04am On Jul 25, 2015
tawa89:
What? Where's Shymmex to straighten this guy out??

Mofo i'm well versed regarding anything yoruba so mark this name. This one is not about shymexx. its about fact! why wait for shymexx. are your fingers weak? and besides these are not my words. these are awujale's words. tawa's opinion on ijebu doesn't count
Re: 20 Facts About Ijebu's by macof(m): 11:53am On Jul 25, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Complete nonsense. It's a known fact that remo is under Ijebu as Ibolo is under Oyo

And certainly you are a confusionist to claim ijebu is different from yoruba.

2 Likes

Re: 20 Facts About Ijebu's by HDee(m): 12:12pm On Jul 25, 2015
You forgot to add some stuffs o .. Like cursing, bring people at the top back to the scratch??
Re: 20 Facts About Ijebu's by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jul 25, 2015
The Ijebu are already high achievers, and as such some of the lies told here are not necessary.

1 Like

Re: 20 Facts About Ijebu's by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jul 25, 2015
macof:

Complete nonsense. It's a known fact that remo is under Ijebu as Ibolo is under Oyo

And certainly you are a confusionist to claim ijebu is different from yoruba.

This is the problem i have with people who won't get their facts right before typing garbage. Remo use to be under ijebu but not anymore. Remo people today are being ruled by the Akarigbo not Awujale. As regards ijebu and Yoruba well. of all the groups in Yoruba land, ijebu is the only group that has no ancestry with Ife. don't forget remo has. I don't want to go back and forth because i know this is controversial. but i will ask you a question since you claim there's no difference

Are ijebus yoruba by blood or by association?
Re: 20 Facts About Ijebu's by reallest(f): 4:54pm On Jul 25, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

This is the problem i have with people who won't get their facts right before typing garbage. Remo use to be under ijebu but not anymore. Remo people today are being ruled by the Akarigbo not Awujale. As regards ijebu and Yoruba well. of all the groups in Yoruba land, ijebu is the only group that has no ancestry with Ife. don't forget remo has. I don't want to go back and forth because i know this is controversial. but i will ask you a question since you claim there's no difference

Are ijebus yoruba by blood or by association?

I love my ijebu people but d truth is IJEBU LAWUN [stingy]
Re: 20 Facts About Ijebu's by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jul 25, 2015
reallest:

I love my ijebu people but d truth is IJEBU LAWUN [stingy]

I actually have no issues with ijebu people plus i don't really believe in the stereotypes. They're everywhere and have contributed enormously to yorubaland. my real problem is the chest-beating OP who clearly due to his insecurity and "we're different from them" mentality said ijebus are this and that. At first he claim ijebu is an ethnic group and i replied to him that Yoruba is bigger since yoruba is also an ethnic group. he in turn responded to me asking if Ijebu is not yoruba. if ijebu is Yoruba as he's claiming then why make it distinct . why didn't he replace all he said with Yoruba. its people like this that stir up hatred in yoruba land
Re: 20 Facts About Ijebu's by reallest(f): 5:05pm On Jul 25, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

I actually have no issues with ijebu people plus i don't really believe in the stereotypes. They're everywhere and have contributed enormously to yorubaland. my real problem is the chest-beating OP who clearly due to his insecurity and "we're different from them" mentality said ijebus are this and that. At first he claim ijebu is an ethnic group and i replied to him that Yoruba is bigger since yoruba is also an ethnic group. he in turn responded to me asking if Ijebu is not yoruba. if ijebu is Yoruba as he's claiming then why make it distinct . why didn't he replace all he said with Yoruba. its people like this that stir up hatred in yoruba land

I don't even take his post serious
Re: 20 Facts About Ijebu's by Holyfield1(m): 6:56pm On Jul 25, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Not until your imbecilic mother see this
Re: 20 Facts About Ijebu's by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jul 25, 2015
Holyfield1:
Not until your imbecilic mother see this

looooool idiot doesn't have a concrete reply instead insult my mother.na so e pain you reach? hahaha

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is An Elder Always Right? / Palace Chiefs Sighted On The Streets Of Ife As Ooni's Burial Rites Begins / I Need Old Original Coral Beads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.