Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,822 members, 7,806,311 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:33 PM

Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? (43540 Views)

See What The North Wished Jonathan When He Was President (pics) / U.S. Institute Of Peace Confirms Aisha Buhari's Visit On Its Twitter & Facebook / Obasanjo Regrets Not Privatizing NNPC When He Was President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? by Reddit: 6:03pm On Jul 23, 2015
I recently asked myself a thought-provoking question today.What was the recent visit by our president to America able to achieved? To be honest, for a moment I couldn't give a concrete well thought answer to that question.

Below are some of the things I thought our president failed to achieved

No assurance with the US support for arms, equipment and intelligence to accelerate ending the insurgency in the NE
No concrete economy policy and plan (This was evident during the CNN Amanpour interview when asked about the economy)
No clear cut ways of how to recover looted and stolen money by some of our rogue both serving and past politicians.
Not a single well documented partnership deal was sealed in any area. Was it infrastructure development, power, education, health, technology and services? Nothing
Didn’t discuss anything about the AGOA (African growth and Opportunity Acts) Extension and Enhancement Act. To me this is one key and vita area he would had brought to the table as Nigeria being the power house in Africa development.

Apart from the 'no to gay marriage' which they are using to score cheap political points that wasn't part of the official agenda in the first place, please what other things the recent visit able to achieved?
Oh well, maybe he went to thank the America for helping him win the election.

See the below quote during his meeting with John Kerry the secretary of state

PRESIDENT BUHARI: Thank you very much, (inaudible). I’m very pleased to get this opportunity to thank the Secretary of State because his visit to Nigeria, which he’s just referred to, since his visit seemed like a friend to Nigeria. As the United States’ message sent to the previous administration was clean and clear that the United States would not accept anything extraconstitutional, that prepared the minds of Nigerians to back us and to arrive where we are today. Nigeria will remain very grateful to the United States, to the President, and to the Secretary of State. He saw the president then, he saw the chairman of Independent National Electoral Commission, and he saw the opposition. And by the day, the United States maintained pressure on the government, the law enforcement agencies, and the election officials to make sure that the election was free and fair.

We thank God, we thank the United States, we thank technology for the introduction of a permanent voter’s card and reader cards made so much difference from previous elections. I thank you very much, Secretary. Thank you very much, ladies and gentlemen of the press.

SECRETARY KERRY: Thank you, Mr. President.

PRESIDENT BUHARI: Thank you very much. Happy to see you.

SECRETARY KERRY: Thank you very much, everybody. Thank you. We’re going to have a working lunch now. Thank you.

109 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? by Comsol: 6:15pm On Jul 23, 2015
To be honest for me, it was a sham and a total disgrace

188 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jul 23, 2015
Were you expecting several F16s to fly behind the presidential jet to Abuja? Anyways Buhari was invited by the US and he has gotten commitment from one of our allies to help fight Boko Haram and return stolen funds.

90 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? by Comsol: 6:31pm On Jul 23, 2015
Obiagelli:
Were you expecting several F16s to fly behind the presidential jet to Abuja? Anyways Buhari was invited by the US and he has gotten commitment from one of our allies to help fight Boko Haram and return stolen funds.

So the US is now one of our allies? I thought you're just being delusional.

206 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jul 23, 2015
Every patriotic Nigerian will admit that the President Journey to the USA was more of a National embarrassment and a complete flop. He had nothing concrete to discuss with Obama. Instead of keeping quiet, he mis-called his party name "All Nigeria People's Congress (ANPC)". He couldn't secure Obama's commitment in our fight against terrorism nor even discussed policy issues, and give proposal to Obama on how they can help him achieve success in his policies (perhaps he has no policy). He had nothing absolutely to say.

Wonder why Obama left him to Secretary of State John Kerry and travelled to Kenya? Because he realised that the man he invited is a complete joke. Obama means business

May God Help Us

347 Likes 37 Shares

Re: Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jul 23, 2015
Comsol:

So the US is now one of our allies? I thought you're just being delusional.
Talk about delusion, is the US an enemy nation in the fight against terror?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jul 23, 2015
President Buhari: We thank God, we thank the United States, we thank technology for the introduction of a permanent voter’s card and reader cards made so much difference from previous elections. I thank you very much, Secretary. Thank you very much, ladies and gentlemen of the press.

Hahaahah @ Bold...Buhari ooooooooooooo grin

Cc: Mogidi

131 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? by gesundheit: 6:43pm On Jul 23, 2015
barcanista:
Every patriotic Nigerian will admit that the President Journey to the USA was more of a National embarrassment and a complete flop. He had nothing concrete to discuss with Obama. Instead of keeping quiet, he mis-called his party name "All Nigeria People's Congress (ANPC)". He couldn't secure Obama's commitment in our fight against terrorism nor even discussed policy issues, and give proposal to Obama on how they can help him achieve success in his policies (perhaps he has no policy). He had nothing absolutely to say.

Wonder why Obama left him to Secretary of State John Kerry and travel to Kenya? Because he realised that the man he invited is a complete joke. Obama means business

May God Help Us

No matter what this goat will always find fault. Get your emotionally nonsense to otueke and cry with your losing god.

111 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 23, 2015
barcanista:

Hahaahah @ Bold...Buhari ooooooooooooo grin
Cc: Mogidi
Talk about dullness

47 Likes

Re: Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jul 23, 2015
Obiagelli:

Talk about dullness
You sef de thank "technology"? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Tomakint Dearpreye firefire francizy make una come laugh abeg

120 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? by gesundheit: 6:48pm On Jul 23, 2015
Obiagelli:

Talk about dullness

I wonder how any sensible person will always wish his own nation and leaders failure just for political correctness or mere tribal and clannish reasons.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? by gesundheit: 6:50pm On Jul 23, 2015
barcanista:

Will you just shut up and bury your worthless head in shame you good for nothing cyber-rat. Gbawe would have save us all these your bulllshit only if he has paid for your worthless soul.

28 Likes

Re: Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jul 23, 2015
barcanista:

I thank technology for allowing me communicate with you without knowing you or haven't seen you.

38 Likes

Re: Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jul 23, 2015
Obiagelli:

I thank technology for allowing me communicate with you without knowing you or haven't seen you.
hahaha I think Americans should thank Kenya for "giving them Obama" cheesy cheesy

82 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? by socialmediaman: 6:54pm On Jul 23, 2015
@reddit you didn't see anything good with the president wooing investors with a "business friendly" policy from government? When you see investors trooping into the country for business exploration you will still count that as an aftermath of his predecessor's policies. Sentiments kill wisdom and objectivity, honestly

And I wonder, if someone comes to you the first time to demand something sensitive, you would give them a straight yes without giving room for more negotiation and cooperation on the issue? It's called diplomatic talks OP, stop being sentimental and give your country some support

35 Likes

Re: Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jul 23, 2015
gesundheit:

And may the gods rid your privates with incurable boil for spewing trash. It was an invitation and he present his wishes and the Americans are at the liberty to grant these wishes. How is that the president fault?? anyways it's expected of brain comatose idi..ot like you to spew trash since you worship in the alter of the most useless president in the planet. Get your wailing asss to otueke.
You should charge that dunce tuition fee.

11 Likes

Re: Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jul 23, 2015
barcanista:
hahaha I think Americans should thank Kenya for "giving them Obama" cheesy cheesy
Apples and oranges

7 Likes

Re: Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? by nigerianvenom(m): 6:56pm On Jul 23, 2015
not just a flop but returned with nothing.four wasted days in usa

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? by gesundheit: 6:58pm On Jul 23, 2015
Obiagelli:

You should charge that dunce tuition fee.

The dunce and the other bigger foool were in perpetual sleep mode when the former excuse for a president was disgracing us worldwide. Even the president of Sao Tome and principle will not grant the foool audience talk more of an invite.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jul 23, 2015
nigerianvenom:
Wetin you for talk before?

5 Likes

Re: Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 23, 2015
gesundheit:

The dunce and the other bigger foool were in perpetual sleep mode when the former excuse for a president was disgracing us worldwide. Even the president of Sao Tome and principle will not grant the foool audience talk more of an invite.
let them continue to wail

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jul 23, 2015
Obiagelli:

let them continue to wail

If they continue this way someone is going to suffer from serious dehydration cheesy

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 7:01pm On Jul 23, 2015
Obiagelli:

My lady, have you seen what it takes to defend a government with no clear blueprint, no policy directives nor 21st century initiative on how to solve Nigeria's problem.

At least Goodluck Jonathan used technology to block civil/public service large scale financial corruption while Dr Iweala built institutions and brought transparency by publishing what accrues to three tiers of Government.

Nigerians can be better

87 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? by RollingStones(m): 7:03pm On Jul 23, 2015
gesundheit:

And may the gods rid your privates with incurable boil for spewing trash. It was an invitation and he present his wishes and the Americans are at the liberty to grant these wishes. How is that the president fault?? anyways it's expected of brain comatose idi..ot like you to spew trash since you worship in the alter of the most useless president in the planet. Get your wailing asss to otueke.
For your empty mind you get mouth abi?
Shall i waka for you now HAD I KNOWN will be your case.
I wasn't refering to a dunce like you but instead you chose to arresta that which belongs to that FOOL Obiagelli.

18 Likes

Re: Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 23, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

My lady, have you seen what it takes to defend a government with no clear blueprint, no policy directives nor 21st century initiative on how to solve Nigeria's problem.

At least Goodluck Jonathan used technology to block civil/public service large scale financial corruption while Dr Iweala built institutions and brought transparency by publishing what accrues to three tiers of Government.

Nigerians can know better
Funny enough Obiagelli has been calling people "dunce" without making a point. An APC-eThug will always be a thug any day.

Them never see anything!

88 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? by joseph1832(m): 7:06pm On Jul 23, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

Nigerians can be better
LMFAO!!! This post just made my day!!!. Dude please, are you serious? I just have to ask again, are you serious? I mean this post is a joke right?

barcanista:
Funny enough Obiagelli has been calling people "dunce" without making a point. An APC-eThug will always be a thug any day.

Them never see anything!
Another funny post!. cheesycheesycheesy

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? by RollingStones(m): 7:06pm On Jul 23, 2015
Obiagelli:

Your level of dullness would not let you know how foreign diplomacy goes. Do you return with a full plate?
You must have been a foreign diplomat before?
You and the senile old fool are bunch of disgrace.

36 Likes

Re: Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 23, 2015
nigerianvenom:
4 Days of National disgrace.

45 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Fathers Day: Phillip Shaibu Leads Altar Boys During Celebration / Why We Raided Lekki Parktonian Hotel: EFCC Story / Buhari And Merkel Laughing Off Aisha’s BBC Interview (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.